PDA

View Full Version : Is Willie Parker done?

Iron City South
10-26-2009, 10:11 AM
When I say “Done” I don’t mean just done as a Steeler, I mean done as in finished. He came in for a few plays yesterday and looked absolutely terrible. In fact, there’s no question in my mind that I’d go with Moore behind Mendenhall at this point and that’s exactly what Tomlin did yesterday.

:thinking:

StlersGuy
10-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I think so, I do think we will see him go somewhere else and play but I dont think he will ever be a starter for another team.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2009, 10:16 AM
According to TOmlin, and Parker himself, Willie is nowhere near 100% healthy from the turftoe. The new shoes aren't helping much either according to what he's saying. Now, how much of that is true, and how much is just the Steelers trying to deflect potential controversy is anybody's guess.

cmerrifield
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I read about turf toe on ESPN.com and its a nasty injury that should take some time to heal. I think with Mendy's performances and Parker's injuries, they should just let him heal. Mendy is a rookie for all practical purposes and I am afraid a full season might be too much for him, so hopefully FWP can come in late and perform when Mendy is too tired. I remember Big Ben saying by the playoffs he was exhausted, couldnt stay awake in team meetings and all that, so if Mendy hits that same wall, we could use a healthy FWP. So I dont think he is done, just shelved until healthy.

SteelerSal
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
According to TOmlin, and Parker himself, Willie is nowhere near 100% healthy from the turftoe. The new shoes aren't helping much either according to what he's saying. Now, how much of that is true, and how much is just the Steelers trying to deflect potential controversy is anybody's guess.

If this is true...he has no business being on the field. He should be inactive and Redman should be activated for depth in case Mendy or Moore go down. How much can Willie help with a bad toe (NONE) over Redman if God forbid he is needed.

Oh sorry, to answer the original question, Yup.

LatrobePA
10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Jets just lost their feature back!

Willie is lost, his only carry lead him past the hole and on the ground. I hate to keep beating a dead horse but he's not very good right now!

Blazedby92
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Jets just lost their feature back!

Willie is lost, his only carry lead him past the hole and on the ground. I hate to keep beating a dead horse but he's not very good right now!

He hasn't been anygood since he broke his leg.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Willie for one has never had vision, Jerome Bettis helped him with his vision early in his career IMO, but since he broke his leg in 2007 againts the Rams his career has gone down hill from there, he has lost the speed he once had an with this turf toe injury he's dealing with right now i say yes he's done, not only now but i think he might be done in the N.F.L, i said last week i would like to see Mendenhall an Moore and it work out well this week with them two, Thanks Willie for the SuperBowl memories but it's an rap for you........

igor0190
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Give Willie time to get healthy and hungry again... It's useless to put him out there while he's injured.

He will play a role down the stretch for us.

K Train
10-26-2009, 12:47 PM
no i believe on the right team he will have a few more good years left...might as well IR his *** now though

KemoTherapy
10-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Yup, toast. The average NFL running back career is like 4.4 years and he's done.

jpele
10-26-2009, 01:43 PM
When Tomlin said he was going to run the wheels off Parker, he was serious. Willie has been injury prone for the past two years,now he has turf toe ( it forced Lambert to retire )I don't see him making a comeback.

Unless we need a runner that can trip over the line of scrimmage I believe Parker is done.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2009, 01:50 PM
If this is true...he has no business being on the field. He should be inactive and Redman should be activated for depth in case Mendy or Moore go down. How much can Willie help with a bad toe (NONE) over Redman if God forbid he is needed.

Oh sorry, to answer the original question, Yup.

That came straight from Tunch & Wolf on the post game show last night, after they talked with Parker earlier in the week and in talking with Tomlin during a press conference. They said during practice Parker still limps in an obvious fashion and is having issues adjusting to whatever shoes they are fitting him with to try and help him be able to play.

scott0326
10-26-2009, 02:10 PM
The Steelers need to stop playing Willie at this point, he's either obviously declined a ton or the injury is bothering him a lot right now. Either way, he is not helping this football team right now and the Steelers need to realize this, Mendenhall/Moore is a fully capable combination for the Steelers while FWP rests.

LatrobePA
10-26-2009, 02:19 PM
When Tomlin said he was going to run the wheels off Parker, he was serious. Willie has been injury prone for the past two years,now he has turf toe ( it forced Lambert to retire )I don't see him making a comeback.

Unless we need a runner that can trip over the line of scrimmage I believe Parker is done.

I agree, I worry the same will happen to Ben in this new offense!