PDA

View Full Version : Playoff's or what ?

StlersGuy
10-26-2009, 09:31 AM
With only 9 more games to play.. How do you see the rest of the year going for us.

I really think the AFC North will come down to us and yeh I am going to say it cincy. However I do feel we will be the team to come out on top after all is said and done with. I also think even with the way we have been playing at times we do find ways to win games and that is what good teams do, so number 7 is not out of the question for us this year. Our schedule he out is not that bad.

Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE
Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos
Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals
Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs
Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens
Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders
Thursday, Dec. 10 @ Browns
Sunday, Dec. 20 vs. Packers
Sunday, Dec. 27 vs. Ravens
Sunday, Jan. 3 @ Dolphins

Yeh I know we still have yet to play the rats however I really don't think they are that special after all they have lost there last 3 games in a row and I really don't see them making the playoff's... I think Cicny will get that playoff spot when it comes down to it.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
The only games that worries me are the Broncos, Packers an Fins hopefully we will have the playoffs wrapped up by the time we play the Fins, the Rats do not bother me at all we will win both those games:yesnod:, The only other thing that bothers me is will we give games up this second half of the season like we did in the beginning of the the year ( Bears, an Butt Holes) ? If we play the way we are capable of playing this second half we should be playing the Colts in their house for the right to go to Miami in Feb, an hopefully we will be healthy for the rest of the season:crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Based on past experience vs these opponents and also how this team is this year...

Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos - 50-50
Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals - Steelers win, they won't let the Bengals take both games and you can bet they will be ready for Cincy to come to town.
Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs - Steelers win
Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens - This one could go either way, a split with Ravens is a possibility.
Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders - Steelers win
Thursday, Dec. 10 @ Browns - Steelers win
Sunday, Dec. 20 vs. Packers - close but Steelers should pull this one out
Sunday, Dec. 27 vs. Ravens - Steelers win
Sunday, Jan. 3 @ Dolphins- Depends on how the AFCN shapes up, too close to call right now.

So that's 6 more games that the Steelers should win without question if they play up to their capability. If we can get a vs the Broncos, that should be enough to take the division. Even if we don't beat Denver, taking both games from Baltimore would be enough to seal the deal.

It's a long way away though and still many things can happen.

Right now Cincy is what Cleveland was a few years ago when they went on that 10-6 regular season ride only to hit reality in crunch time. This is what Cincy will do, you can bet on it. They'll win some more games, get all full of themselves, think they are some great team and then when push comes to shove with all the cards on the line, they'll fold.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I think the Steelers will beat the Broncos.....The Broncos are playing very well no doubt and playing in Denver is never easy....But we're coming off a bye week and I'm still not sold on the Broncos....Plus they play the 3-4 defense and the Steelers do well against 3-4 teams under Tomlin...lol

I think the next game against the Bengals is a must win......I said before the season that the Bengals would be better and would finish second in the AFC North.......

Chiefs, Raiders, Browns all should be wins........

A split between the Ratbirds is likely but I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers win both....I also won't be shocked if the Ravens win both....You never know when those two teams play.....

The Packers game should be a win since its in Pittsburgh......but it will be a tough game....

I really hope the game against the Dolphins is meaningless......

scott0326
10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Hopefully the Broncos are still undefeated when we play them, its good in two ways.

1. We'll have a shot at knocking of another undefeated team.
2. This means Broncos beat Baltimore.

Anyway, I don't want to say Steelers making playoffs is a "sure thing", but there is 3 games against terrible teams we should win (Raiders, Chiefs, Browns) and if we don't win all three, ill be very pissed.

BlacknGold757
10-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Lets just not underestimate the browns, chiefs and raiders or we will be kicking are self for missing easy wins...we saw what the raiders did to the eagles and as the saying goes..."Thats why they play the game!"

scott0326
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Lets just not underestimate the browns, chiefs and raiders or we will be kicking are self for missing easy wins...we saw what the raiders did to the eagles and as the saying goes..."Thats why they play the game!"

Im not underestimating them, they are all in the bottom 10 team in the league and if Steelers want to be considered super bowl contenders, they should beat them and easily.

LatrobePA
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
1 game at a time...No cake games, even an 0-10 team can win!

After the Fins game this year lets talk about PO's!

BlacknGold757
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
im not saying we shouldn't beat them but anything can happen...lets just take this one game at a time. Also, just because these are easy wins we cant look pass them cause we have to win these games or we will NOT make the playoffs. Even if we do...really if we lose to these teams? Well then we don't even deserve the playoffs! Seriously

scott0326
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
im not saying we shouldn't beat them but anything can happen...lets just take this one game at a time. Also, just because these are easy wins we cant look pass them cause we have to win these games or we will NOT make the playoffs. Even if we do...really if we lose to these teams? Well then we don't even deserve the playoffs! Seriously

Im am taking it one game at a time, Im focused on the Denver game that is much more important then the games against the Chiefs, Raiders or Browns right now. But, when those teams do come up on the schedule, they should be beaten.

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I think the Steelers will beat the Broncos.....The Broncos are playing very well no doubt and playing in Denver is never easy....But we're coming off a bye week and I'm still not sold on the Broncos....Plus they play the 3-4 defense and the Steelers do well against 3-4 teams under Tomlin...lol

I think the next game against the Bengals is a must win......I said before the season that the Bengals would be better and would finish second in the AFC North.......

Chiefs, Raiders, Browns all should be wins........

A split between the Ratbirds is likely but I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers win both....I also won't be shocked if the Ravens win both....You never know when those two teams play.....

The Packers game should be a win since its in Pittsburgh......but it will be a tough game....

I really hope the game against the Dolphins is meaningless......

I agree with you 32 that the Bengals game is an absolute MUST win. The Steelers cannot afford to get swept by the Bengals with them already having a 3-0 division record and Cleveland still on their schedule. With that being said, I dont think it will happen. I dont see Cincy beating us twice. The game they beat the Steelers was a fluke as far as Im concerned. Troy wasnt playing,Sweed dropped a guaranteed TD that would have sealed the game, and the Steelers offense for the most part dominated the Bengals the entire game in total yardage. As I said in the other thread I started the next 3 weeks with the Broncos playing the Ravens this week and the Bengals playing the Ravens the following week while the Steelers play the Broncos are 3 HUGE games and I think they will have a lot to do with setting either the Ravens,Steelers,or Bengals up to take total control of the division. Even if the Ravens win the next 2 games and go to 5-3 they have a game with the Browns after which should get them to 6-3 but then they play the Colts,Steelers,and at Green Bay 3 weeks straight. They will not win all of those and will be lucky to win 2 of those if that.

If the Steelers beat the Broncos and the Ravens beat the Bengals then the Steelers will have a chance to put a huge 2 game cushion on Cincy the following week at Heinz Field should they beat the Bengals. A Bengals loss to the Ravens combined with a Steelers win in Denver and a Steelers win over the Bengals the following week puts the Steelers 2 games up on Cincy which at that point I think makes it very very difficult for the Bengals to catch the Steelers. Gonna be fun to watch and see how these next 2-3 weeks unfold. It will really tell a lot about who is going to win this division I really believe...

SteelerSteve
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Sure, my homer side says we will win the division this season. So far though I think that I cant make a good guess until the Steelers play the Ravens.

Stlrs4Life
10-28-2009, 08:21 PM
The Rats will both be very good games. I think people are overlooking them.

ejsteeler
10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
On a completely selfish note, I would not mind if it came down to the Miami game to decide if we go to the playoffs or not. I will be at that game....:grin1: :cope:

and I agree, I am not ready to write off the ratbirds.....