PDA

View Full Version : Next 3 weeks looms large for the Steelers in terms of winning the division...

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Now this wasnt a do or die week but it was important the Steelers win this game seeing that the Bengals won as well. You didnot want to go into the bye week being a game behind Cincy having already lost one head to head tiebraker with them without playing another game for 15 days and having to go play in Denver next against an undefeated Broncos team on Monday night. With the Steelers not playing the next 2 Sunday's two games to keep an eye on the next 2 weeks are the Broncos@Ravens next Sunday seeing that we are still trying to hold off the Ratbirds,and the Broncos are up next on the schedule. I really believe this is as close to a MUST win for the Ravens as they come. They cannot afford to lose a 4th game in a row especially in Baltimore. Then, the following Sunday a day before the Monday night game in Denver the Ravens play in Cincy which either way the Steelers are going to get some kind of help in that game with one of those teams guaranteed to lose. The perfect scenario would be for the Broncos to knock off the Ravens next Sunday and put them at 3-4, then the Ravens beat the Bengals the following week to put the Bengals at 5-3 and the Ravens back at 4-4. And of course the Steelers beat the Broncos and improve to 6-2 and go 2 games up on the Ravens and one game up on Cincy with them coming into Pittsburgh the next week with a chance to go up 2 games on them.

These next 3 weeks and these 3 games here that I just talked about are really going to determine who is going to take control of this division for the 2nd half and the remainder of the season. If the Steelers win in Denver and beat the Bengals here at home I do believe they will be in prime position to take total control of the division especially seeing that after those 2 games in a row you have 3 out of your next 4 games against Kansas City,Oakland,and the Browns all who the Steelers should take care of without any problem...

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Giving the STEELERS an extra week to prepare for the broncos is just what the doctor ordered!! I love our chances against them coming off a bye week. Ilike the scenario of the broncos beating the rats,and us beating them the next week. They way our defense played today showed me the STEELERS are gearing up for the rest of the season,as long as we stay healthy we should be fine...

75Steeler
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Our Steelers looked better today than they did all season last year. The bye week couldn't have hit at a better time in our schedule and when this team comes off of it they will be ready to do battle!!! I just feel bad Ryan Clark won't get to play in Denver he looked great in Pittssburgh today!!

:beer2:

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Why isn't Clark playing in Denver??

cmerrifield
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Why isn't Clark playing in Denver??

The Doctors cannot assure him that his body wont react the same way it did the last time he played in Denver, when he almost died.

The Broncos will be tough, and could go either way. The bye week will really help Pittsburgh get healthy and be ready for them, but the Bengals lost their best pass rusher and it is in Pittsburgh, so I think the Bengals will be a win. The first game we keep extra blockers in to stop their best rusher and wont have to do that this time. So, it wont be the same.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Now this wasnt a do or die week but it was important the Steelers win this game seeing that the Bengals won as well. You didnot want to go into the bye week being a game behind Cincy having already lost one head to head tiebraker with them without playing another game for 15 days and having to go play in Denver next against an undefeated Broncos team on Monday night. With the Steelers not playing the next 2 Sunday's two games to keep an eye on the next 2 weeks are the Broncos@Ravens next Sunday seeing that we are still trying to hold off the Ratbirds,and the Broncos are up next on the schedule. I really believe this is as close to a MUST win for the Ravens as they come. They cannot afford to lose a 4th game in a row especially in Baltimore. Then, the following Sunday a day before the Monday night game in Denver the Ravens play in Cincy which either way the Steelers are going to get some kind of help in that game with one of those teams guaranteed to lose. The perfect scenario would be for the Broncos to knock off the Ravens next Sunday and put them at 3-4, then the Ravens beat the Bengals the following week to put the Bengals at 5-3 and the Ravens back at 4-4. And of course the Steelers beat the Broncos and improve to 6-2 and go 2 games up on the Ravens and one game up on Cincy with them coming into Pittsburgh the next week with a chance to go up 2 games on them.

These next 3 weeks and these 3 games here that I just talked about are really going to determine who is going to take control of this division for the 2nd half and the remainder of the season. If the Steelers win in Denver and beat the Bengals here at home I do believe they will be in prime position to take total control of the division especially seeing that after those 2 games in a row you have 3 out of your next 4 games against Kansas City,Oakland,and the Browns all who the Steelers should take care of without any problem...

Good breakdown... thats pretty much dead on how we need things to go to take charge of this division. Is it just me, or is anybody else waiting for the REAL Bengals to fall back flat on their faces??? I dont care if they beat CHI 100-0... I just really think they are gonna have a meltdown after the halfway point. I know they have a much improved running game, and their d has gotten better year after year. But i just dont feel they are that good! Meh, maybe im wrong... but i hope not!

LarryNJ
10-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Is it just me, or is anybody else waiting for the REAL Bengals to fall back flat on their faces??? I dont care if they beat CHI 100-0... I just really think they are gonna have a meltdown after the halfway point.

Other than the Steeler game I haven't seen them play. That being said yes I feel they will fall flat on their face. It may be in the playoffs but it will happen. History always repeats itself. :) I'm still more concerned about the ratbirds.

Ironman
10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm more concerned with the Ravens as of now, but I don't think the Bengals are going to flat line. Palmer is a talented quarterback who puts in the work both physically, and mentally - he's a good leader in that huddle and won't let it happen if he can stay healthy. I think they will fall off slightly, but I don't see them finishing below .500, I can see them finishing the year at 11-5, or 10-6. They got a descent schedule, but they also have a few "gimmies"

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm more concerned with the Ravens as of now, but I don't think the Bengals are going to flat line. Palmer is a talented quarterback who puts in the work both physically, and mentally - he's a good leader in that huddle and won't let it happen if he can stay healthy. I think they will fall off slightly, but I don't see them finishing below .500, I can see them finishing the year at 11-5, or 10-6. They got a descent schedule, but they also have a few "gimmies"

The Bengals only chance to win this division is they are going to have to beat both the Ravens and Steelers once again back to back weeks after their bye week. After both of those games the Bengals have 3 straight games in a row against Oakland,Cleveland and Detroit which they should all win. The Bengals NEED to win these games again against the Ravens and Steelers because if they dont the Steelers who are going to keep on winning will take back control of this division and the Bengals will not be able to catch them in the standings. A Steelers win in Denver and a Bengals loss to the Ravens will put the Steelers up one full game on the Bengals for that showdown in Pittsburgh here on November 15th. The Bengals at that point will be facing an absolute MUST win game coming into Heinz Field because they know if they lose to the Steelers and fall 2 full games behind them in the standings it will be very very hard for them to overcome the rest of the season especially with teams like Kansas City,Oakland,and Cleveland up next on the Steelers schedule 3 out of the next 4 games after they play Cincy.

Ironman
10-26-2009, 09:22 PM
The Bengals only chance to win this division is they are going to have to beat both the Ravens and Steelers once again back to back weeks after their bye week. After both of those games the Bengals have 3 straight games in a row against Oakland,Cleveland and Detroit which they should all win. The Bengals NEED to win these games again against the Ravens and Steelers because if they dont the Steelers who are going to keep on winning will take back control of this division and the Bengals will not be able to catch them in the standings. A Steelers win in Denver and a Bengals loss to the Ravens will put the Steelers up one full game on the Bengals for that showdown in Pittsburgh here on November 15th. The Bengals at that point will be facing an absolute MUST win game coming into Heinz Field because they know if they lose to the Steelers and fall 2 full games behind them in the standings it will be very very hard for them to overcome the rest of the season especially with teams like Kansas City,Oakland,and Cleveland up next on the Steelers schedule 3 out of the next 4 games after they play Cincy.

Agreed

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Most of us felt this is the type of scenario that would unfold at this point in the season, but instead of the Bungals we all assumed it would be the Ratbirds. Either way this division is all up for grabs between the 3 of us, and the Steelers have rebounded nicely from that slow start to pull back into a 1st place tie and set themselves up as best as they could considering. The more I look at this game coming up against Denver, the more you can see how important it is. If we win that game we are in a prime position to take over the division and not look back; that's exactly what you want right now but we'll have to seize the opportunity. We can't anymore of this letting **** slip away in the 4th quarter like we did earlier in the year.

Nice breakdown as always 43!

Ironman
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
We can't anymore of this letting **** slip away in the 4th quarter like we did earlier in the year.

It is going to be a tremendous test for the Steelers to actually manipulate the Broncos. So far the Steelers have continually allowed their opponents the opportunities to stay in the game, or take control of it - this CANNOT continue to happen. We won last week when we allowed the Vikes several opportunities, but I don't believe we will win against the Broncos if this continues to happen.

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Most of us felt this is the type of scenario that would unfold at this point in the season, but instead of the Bungals we all assumed it would be the Ratbirds. Either way this division is all up for grabs between the 3 of us, and the Steelers have rebounded nicely from that slow start to pull back into a 1st place tie and set themselves up as best as they could considering. The more I look at this game coming up against Denver, the more you can see how important it is. If we win that game we are in a prime position to take over the division and not look back; that's exactly what you want right now but we'll have to seize the opportunity. We can't anymore of this letting **** slip away in the 4th quarter like we did earlier in the year.

Nice breakdown as always 43!

Thanks TG you know Ill keep it coming more and more as the weeks move forward here lol...As for all 3 teams in the division still being in this thing I still am not counting out the Ravens just yet at all. I think they are due to win some games here and even the last 3 games they lost they were all pretty much right down to the wire and games that were lost in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. The Ravens have had some bad luck so to speak which I am actually glad they have had. The more losses for them the better.

With that being said, it will not shock me at all if the Ravens win their next 3 games against Denver and then the back to back division games on the road at Cincy and at Cleveland on Monday night. If you look at the Ravens schedule they almost have to win all 3 of these games because after that they have 3 games in a row against the Colts,Steelers,and at Green Bay on a Monday night. Those will be very very tough for the Ravens to win. They are going to need to win those games against Denver,Cincy,and Cleveland to have any chance of winning this division and keeping pace with the Steelers. I think they will be able to do so and the Ravens by the time November 29th rolls around and that Sunday night game is taking place in Baltimore they are still going to be very much alive in terms of having a chance to still catch the Steelers and win the division.

SteelCityKid5
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
If the Bengals beat the Ravens twice, then I'll become more worried about the Bengals. I just can't see it happening. It would be like hell freezing over.