PDA

View Full Version : what was that jeff reed

steelers40xl
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Have you ever seen such a half hearted attempt at a tackle even for a kicker that was terrible. with the field goal misses , the off the field behaivor and that half assed effort today I definitly think this is the last year Reed will be wearing the black n gold.:helmet:

LatrobePA
10-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Reed can raise his fist to a cop, but can't make a simple tackle!

steelers40xl
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Maybe he was sipping the sauce before the game.

LatrobePA
10-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Maybe he was sipping the sauce before the game.

From his boyfriends "tap"!

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-25-2009, 09:32 PM
It pretty much a given that Reed is going,unless he doesn't want too much. He's not able to reach the endzone again ,unlike during the pre and early games and he's not quite automatic this year either. What ever happened to the other kicker that was in camp??

steelers40xl
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
From his boyfriends "tap"!

Thats just wrong on so many levels, but still very funny!

--- Added 10/25/2009 at 07:39 PM ---

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do but does anybody think he's lashing out because they didn't sign him before the season and he pretty much knows he's gone.

LarryNJ
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do but does anybody think he's lashing out because they didn't sign him before the season and he pretty much knows he's gone.

That would be very very stupid, seeing it would cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'd say no.

75Steeler
10-25-2009, 10:03 PM
He is a kicker. He isn't paid to make tackles besides he was still hungover from saturday night. Give him a break folks! lol!

:cope: :cope:

steelers40xl
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM
speaking of the "incident" was matt speath inactive?

Zachintosh66
10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
no... he "played"

Dee Mca
10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
He is a kicker. He isn't paid to make tackles

D-Sep makes tackles thou on punts.
Give D-Sep a shot at kickoffs

SteelCurtainYinzer
10-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I would think he is on his last legs a the FG kicker here in Pittsburgh too. With the off the field trouble that he has had, if it wasn't for the importance of the position and number of kickers that aren't out there right now, he would be gone from this team. Perhaps he knows that he is gone after this year and rather than getting hurt on a tackle he is just protecting himself. Yes he is a kicker but your one of 11 players on the field and you get paid to put yourself out there on kickoffs...period, he gets no break....if he didn't get in so much trouble and miss those kicks early in the season this would be a grip situation!

CNY_STEELER_FAN
10-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Reed is just making it easier for the fans to say "goodbye" at the end of his contract. :stirpot:

Just not sure why Reed wants to make a poor impression on the fans for the other 31 teams.

Troyisabeast_43
10-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Reed is as good as gone. I didnt have a problem with him playing today; however, I thought the reasons Tomlin gave at his press conference for not suspending Reed in comparison with the Holmes suspension a year ago were weak. Id rather Tomlin come out and speak the truth instead of giving us rhetoric spin about how he didnt want to deal with it since it was late in the week and Reed's was early in the week. I am glad they did play Reed because first and foremost Mike Tomlin's job is to win football games. And by sitting Reed he would not have done that seeing that they needed a kicker in a game he knew would be close against the Vikings. This is not High School sports where youre trying to build character and teach guys lessons. This is the NFL and it's not Mike Tomlin's job to mold Jeff Reed into a better human being his job as I just mentioned is to win football games. With that being said, Reed I believe has a serious serious problem and needs to seek going into rehab of some kind once this season ends...The guy is very immature for a 30 year old man and for him to get in trouble like this again due to him being intoxicated much like the towel dispenser incident is just inexcusable.

PsychoWard
10-26-2009, 01:38 AM
D-Sep makes tackles thou on punts.
Give D-Sep a shot at kickoffs

D-Sep is also an ex line backer that is still built like a brick **** house and looks for the opportunity to make hits!!! not to common in any punter/kicker!

DanRooney
10-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Reed is as good as gone. I didnt have a problem with him playing today; however, I thought the reasons Tomlin gave at his press conference for not suspending Reed in comparison with the Holmes suspension a year ago were weak. Id rather Tomlin come out and speak the truth instead of giving us rhetoric spin about how he didnt want to deal with it since it was late in the week and Reed's was early in the week. I am glad they did play Reed because first and foremost Mike Tomlin's job is to win football games. And by sitting Reed he would not have done that seeing that they needed a kicker in a game he knew would be close against the Vikings. This is not High School sports where youre trying to build character and teach guys lessons. This is the NFL and it's not Mike Tomlin's job to mold Jeff Reed into a better human being his job as I just mentioned is to win football games. With that being said, Reed I believe has a serious serious problem and needs to seek going into rehab of some kind once this season ends...The guy is very immature for a 30 year old man and for him to get in trouble like this again due to him being intoxicated much like the towel dispenser incident is just inexcusable.

:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I love Jeff Reed, every Steeler fan does, but something just isn't right this year with him. It seems the older he gets the more he gets into trouble, which seems totally bass ackwards to me. Jeff is an excellent kicker, anybody that can do a 50 yd. in Heinz is a top notch. He's not beyond being replaced thought, just like anyone else, the worst part will be trying to break in a new kicker at Heinz next year :(

LatrobePA
10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
If he kicks then trip the f'r! I'd take the flag!

V_83
10-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I was impressed by Czech in the preseason. Has another team picked him up, or is he still out there?

Callax
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Reed needs to remember he'a football player first
Make FG's and, if needed, MAKE TACKLES!!!!!
My 70 something mother could have made a better shove to get Harvin out of bounds!!!
put some of that cop challangin' A$$ behind your feeble tacking attempts, but we all know...
You are gone after this year!!!
they might bring back Czech next year if he didn't sign with anyone yet,,,,

JensK
10-26-2009, 12:38 PM
The worst thing in my book is the way he wanted to make a tackle - It happens that you miss a tackle but you NEVER EVER try to push a kick-off returner to the outside - always force him inside. Reed just gave him a small push outside and really opened op the lane for him

LatrobePA
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I bet he had a bag of weed in his backside, that's what limited him from making a play!!

lloydfan4life
10-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Totally unacceptable, Jeff. :rant2:
(and I hope you get on here and read this)
:wtf: were you doing out there? Picking your ***?

My wife hits harder than that! :bitchslap:

Blazedby92
10-26-2009, 01:03 PM
As Peyton would say " idiot kicker". I like Reed as much as the next guy but he needs to get his head out of his arse.

TampaSteelGirl
10-26-2009, 01:43 PM
As Peyton would say " idiot kicker". I like Reed as much as the next guy but he needs to get his head out of his arse.

:yellowthumb:

scott0326
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Regardless if he is a kicker, that was a terrible "attempt" at a tackle, he basically just let Harvin run right by.

Sir Blitzelot
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I have always been a big supporter of Jeff Reed, but he has to try and tackle Harvin on that kickoff. I don't know if it is because of his contract situation or what, but he just doesn't seem to have his head in the game this year.

LatrobePA
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I seem Berger lay some fools out last year! He's a kicker isn't he??? This is football for crying out loud!! Tackle him you pu**y!

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
There are pretty much 3 reasons and 3 names of players as to why the Steelers arent undefeated right now at 7-0. And they are Jeff Reed,Limas Sweed,and Troy Polamalu. If Reed makes those kicks in Chicago or just one of them for that matter the Steelers win that game. If Sweed doesnt drop that pass late in the 3rd quarter in Cincy which would have broke that game open and broke the Bengals the Steelers win that game. And last but certainly not least if Troy is in both the Bears and Bengals games he makes a play or two on defense on both of those final drives or before then in the 4th quarter that would have prevented a score and lead the Steelers to a win. That's how close the Steelers are to being 7-0 right now those 3 players and those reasons I just gave you...

DanRooney
10-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Barring any 50 yard field goals to win a playoff game, I think Reed is as good as gone unfortunately.

V_83
10-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Barring any 50 yard field goals to win a playoff game, I think Reed is as good as gone unfortunately.

At this point in time, I'm hoping for that. In the past I was a huge fan of Reed just for his reliability. But after all these stupid run-ins with the law, important missed field goals, and overall lack of effort, I wish we would just bring back Czech and be over with it.