PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers needed to win this game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Anybody with any common sense knows that both the Steelers and Vikings were looking at this game today as a measuring stick. The Vikings have been good on the road but their away schedule has been cake. The Steelers have been in a lot of tight games this year, playing the Vikings was a good test of a quality opponent that you can never count out.

Given the fact that through most of the year so far the offense has carried the load for this team, it was nice to see the defense step up in a big way to secure the win. The last couple games they have started to show signs of the unit we've come to expect, and today they came out in a big way to save the game.

This was a big win today against a team that is considered one of the best in the league, and even though it was hard fought they suck with it and came out a better team. It doesn't get any easier for them in the coming weeks as the 2nd half of the season unfolds but so far they're on the right track.

They needed this game for a lot of reasons, keeping pace in the division obviously was a big factor as well but as far a self confidence booster...yeah today was HUGE!

LarryNJ
10-25-2009, 08:33 PM
It wasn't a do or die week, but yes it was huge. Especially for the D to know they will make the plays when it's on the line. Not that they weren't confident before but this has to be a huge boost.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Couldn't agree more TG!! :tt02::tt02: The defense is finally starting to play how we expect them to. I like our chances coming out of the bye week with this satisfying win going into it.

75Steeler
10-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Loved the game and I'm still basking in the glory. Today was great for me on two levels the Steelers beat the Vikings and Carolina lost! This is a good football week folks! I can go to work and not hear B/S about the "Cardiac Cats"!!!! Way to go Ben and the boys stopping a 6/0 team!!!

Here we go Steelers!!!!

:tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope:

cmerrifield
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree with you completely TG. I just want to see a week where the offense and the defense plays well at the same time. That would be quite a game.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
10-25-2009, 11:09 PM
I agree with you completely TG. I just want to see a week where the offense and the defense plays well at the same time. That would be quite a game.

It feels like we've given up a Special Teams touch down (or turnover) for the last 3 - 5 weeks. Subtract those points, and our D has been playing pretty damn good even before Troy came back (obviously, it's better with Troy, of course).

So, I'd even settle for our Special Teams not giving up any touchdowns or turnovers and at least O or D playing well until the playoffs. :lol:

KSSteelerfan
10-25-2009, 11:15 PM
The Steelers "D" played strong when it was really needed. It was great to see.:tt02: