PDA

View Full Version : Peterson is a bad dude !!!

TheButt
10-25-2009, 07:03 PM
But not bad enough to be on the field when our D sealed the deal.

How classic was that ....right after he plowed over William Cantcover Gay, AD was on the sideline huffin an puffin lookin all mean like ( Ima bad mofo -- look at me grunt Ima nasty dude). Then.... game over. :moon:

K Train
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
most dbacks would be on there *** from that hit

lloydfan4life
10-25-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't think 69 yards makes him such a bad dude! :lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't think 69 yards makes him such a bad dude! :lol:

:hehheh:RIGHT!

jpele
10-25-2009, 07:25 PM
A. Peterson...18-69

Mendenhall....10-69

Mendy's a bad dude. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
The Steelers held him in check all day long until midway through the 4th quarter when they allowed him to get going alittle bit. Still though all in all, we didn't allow him to beat us and we kept Favre in check for the most part. Peterson is the NFL's leading rusher, so props to the Steelers for a solid day at the office even with Smith being out and Kirschke going down in the 4th.

lloydfan4life
10-25-2009, 08:09 PM
The Steelers held him in check all day long until midway through the 4th quarter when they allowed him to get going alittle bit. Still though all in all, we didn't allow him to beat us and we kept Favre in check for the most part. Peterson is the NFL's leading rusher, so props to the Steelers for a solid day at the office even with Smith being out and Kirschke going down in the 4th.

not to mention our Oline played their asses off again today! :cope:

SteelCityKid5
10-25-2009, 08:10 PM
William Cantcover Gay... Riiiiight, just cause AP ran him over doesnt mean he cant cover. Steelers D plays 10 yards off on almost every play. Vikings threw those bubble screens and Gay made great tackles in the open field, get off the bandwagon jack.

LatrobePA
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
A. Peterson...18-69

Mendenhall....10-69

Mendy's a bad dude. :tt02:

Thank you! Fumble and all, he was trying to stretch the play, keep your head up Mendy!

TheButt
10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
William Cantcover Gay... Riiiiight, just cause AP ran him over doesnt mean he cant cover. Steelers D plays 10 yards off on almost every play. Vikings threw those bubble screens and Gay made great tackles in the open field, get off the bandwagon jack.

bandwagon ?? LOL I've been watching the Stillers before your mom was born. So settle down Johnny. And he missed as many tackles as he made. Go watch the tape.

LarryNJ
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM
AD was on the sideline huffin an puffin lookin all mean like ( Ima bad mofo -- look at me grunt Ima nasty dude).

Yes he was...hahaha..

Which makes me think, I wish our #10 would stop making a muscle after every friggin play he makes. Just go back to the huddle.

K Train
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes he was...hahaha..

Which makes me think, I wish our #10 would stop making a muscle after every friggin play he makes. Just go back to the huddle.
nothin wrong with gettin fired up after making a big play.

clearly youve never played football. peterson got up screaming a few times after good plays

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Gay didnot have a great game at all and continues to get beat more times then not week in and week out..

--- Added 10/25/2009 at 08:13 PM ---

Yes he was...hahaha..

Im with you on this one completely. I had commented on this today in the gameday thread that the Holmes flexing and making the first down signal after every single big play he makes is really getting old and tiresome. It's obvious that Holmes is still living off his Super Bowl catch and is stuck in a time warp with his head buried up his own ***. But somebody needs to tell Santanio that the Super Bowl from February is over with now and it's time to start concentrating on what youre going to do for the remainder of this season...

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 09:15 PM

clearly youve never played football. peterson got up screaming a few times after good plays
:clap:

Yes he was...hahaha..

:willybs:
Its part of the game, and as many people love it as hate it! Or, would you rather him just not make plays??? Let me guess, you werent too mad when he did "The Labron" after he won your team a 6th Super Bowl huh!?!

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 09:17 PM

Doesnt look like your boy Limas Sweed is going to get a chance to do that anytime soon seeing that Mike Wallace continues to make Sweed more and more irrelevant as the season goes on...Limas Sweed is not even on the radar screen for the Steelers as far as helping this team win in any capacity this season...Unless Ward,Holmes,or Wallace gets hurt you arent going to see much if any of Sweed at all for the rest of this season. The Steelers quite simply dont need the guy...

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Gay didnot have a great game at all and continues to get beat more times then not week in and week out..

--- Added 10/25/2009 at 08:13 PM ---

Im with you on this one completely. I had commented on this today in the gameday thread that the Holmes flexing and making the first down signal after every single big play he makes is really getting old and tiresome. It's obvious that Holmes is still living off his Super Bowl catch and is stuck in a time warp with his head buried up his own ***. But somebody needs to tell Santanio that the Super Bowl from February is over with now and it's time to start concentrating on what youre going to do for the remainder of this season...

Explain to me... What does it hurt! If it pumps him up to keep on making plays im ALL ABOUT IT! I also dont mind when Heath calmly walks back to the huddle! Explain to me why one is better than the other... with out using your opinion on whats MORALLY right or wrong. What NEGATIVE impact does it have on our team?

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Explain to me... What does it hurt! If it pumps him up to keep on making plays im ALL ABOUT IT! I also dont mind when Heath calmly walks back to the huddle! Explain to me why one is better than the other... with out using your opinion on whats MORALLY right or wrong. What NEGATIVE impact does it have on our team?

Because Holmes has been inconsistent for the most part this season and a lot of it I think has to do with him not concentrating and not being totally focused. He still appears to be on an ego trip from the Super Bowl winning catch he made. Now his play has improved the last few weeks, but in both losses against the Bears and Bengals Holmes was dropping a lot of passes and ran a wrong route which lead to a pick six and he was still going back to the huddle after he made one or two catches showboating. Somebody like Hines Ward needs to tell Holmes that this game is all about consistency and while it was an amazing catch and probably one of the greatest plays of all time that Holmes made in the Super Bowl last season it doesnt mean your career stops and you start playing like a half-***.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Well, if you want to contribute Holmes early woes to holding on to SB memories, i guess your entitled to that and i wont argue it! But, I remeber him having Identical number in Week 1 to his SBXLIII numbers! (9/10/09- 9 catches for 131 and 1 td / SBXLIII: 9 catches for 131 and the game winning td) So ill chalk his drops and inconsistant play for a 2 week stretch up to the fact that he is human. Ill also look past the fact that he was still 8th in the league in recieving yards leading into this game!!! Not bashing you guys, but its hard to get mad at the guy for showing emotion after he makes a play!

LarryNJ
10-25-2009, 09:45 PM

clearly youve never played football.

You're right after a big play there's nothing wrong with it. I don't consider a 6 yard gain a big play.

I won't comment on the second part because you clearly know everything.

I really thinks it's a generation thing. My guess is anyone over 35 wants him to STFU and go back to the huddle, unless it's truely a big play. The younger generation thinks it's fine. No one is right or wrong it's just how you look at it.

K Train
10-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Doesnt look like your boy Limas Sweed is going to get a chance to do that anytime soon seeing that Mike Wallace continues to make Sweed more and more irrelevant as the season goes on...Limas Sweed is not even on the radar screen for the Steelers as far as helping this team win in any capacity this season...Unless Ward,Holmes,or Wallace gets hurt you arent going to see much if any of Sweed at all for the rest of this season. The Steelers quite simply dont need the guy...

ok hes not "my boy" and hes completely irrelevant to the thread....i like mike wallace alot, hes better and better every week. do i think sweed is a bust? no way. but i understand why hes not playing, a rookie has put him to shame. there was a time when wrs got 3 years...not anymore i guess. wallace is a rarity, we are lucky to have him

holmes hasnt been that inconsitant....he had some dropsies in chicago in the rain but he draws alot of coverages allowing a slow ward to get more catches than he normally would and a faster mike walace to split any zone.

i bet you were one to say mendenhall was a bust, probably timmons too.

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 11:09 PM
ok hes not "my boy" and hes completely irrelevant to the thread....i like mike wallace alot, hes better and better every week. do i think sweed is a bust? no way. but i understand why hes not playing, a rookie has put him to shame. there was a time when wrs got 3 years...not anymore i guess. wallace is a rarity, we are lucky to have him

holmes hasnt been that inconsitant....he had some dropsies in chicago in the rain but he draws alot of coverages allowing a slow ward to get more catches than he normally would and a faster mike walace to split any zone.

i bet you were one to say mendenhall was a bust, probably timmons too.

No actually not Ive always been one to defend Mendenhall and say that he is going to be a great back once he gets his chance to play which he is now. Ive said it on here numerous times and have been consistent in saying it. And Ive always been a fan of Timmons as well who continues to play better as time moves on.

lloydfan4life
10-26-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm in the over 35 age group with those who wish Tone would stop with all the theatrics after a catch. I don't mind celebrations after big plays, but he is starting to consistently celebrate after almost every catch. It's almost cocky IMO. There's no room on this team for somebody who wants to be about 'self'. Not sayin' that's his personality cause I don't know him, but I'm sayin' that sure is what it looks like by all the 'look at me' celebrations after a catch. I love Tone to death and love what he brings to the team... I just don't want to see his head get bigger than the 'team'. :2cents:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm in the over 35 age group with those who wish Tone would stop with all the theatrics after a catch. I don't mind celebrations after big plays, but he is starting to consistently celebrate after almost every catch. It's almost cocky IMO. There's no room on this team for somebody who wants to be about 'self'. Not sayin' that's his personality cause I don't know him, but I'm sayin' that sure is what it looks like by all the 'look at me' celebrations after a catch. I love Tone to death and love what he brings to the team... I just don't want to see his head get bigger than the 'team'. :2cents:

I respect your point of view, but i think all of this talk is more "what you don't wanna see" than it is ANY impact to the team or the organization as a whole! Did you complain when Joey Porter did the Boot? Larry Footes Stomp? After every tackle for no gain or loss! I doubt it! The dude plays VERY hard... blocking, route running, run after the catch... im glad he shows emotion, for all any of us know maybe thats what drives a young guy like Mike Wallace to excel in his rookie campaign! Seeing guys like Hines and Tone make plays and play to US in the crowd who WANT to see some emotion! I have to say i LOVE the few times you see Heath score and show some emotion ( i recall 05 playoffs: TD at Indy when he turned around screaming a flicked the ball!!) He's not Ochocinco, TO or even our beloved Hines Ward when it comes to celebrations! Not even close!

lloydfan4life
10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I respect your point of view, but i think all of this talk is more "what you don't wanna see" than it is ANY impact to the team or the organization as a whole! Did you complain when Joey Porter did the Boot? Larry Footes Stomp? After every tackle for no gain or loss! I doubt it! The dude plays VERY hard... blocking, route running, run after the catch... im glad he shows emotion, for all any of us know maybe thats what drives a young guy like Mike Wallace to excel in his rookie campaign! Seeing guys like Hines and Tone make plays and play to US in the crowd who WANT to see some emotion! I have to say i LOVE the few times you see Heath score and show some emotion ( i recall 05 playoffs: TD at Indy when he turned around screaming a flicked the ball!!) He's not Ochocinco, TO or even our beloved Hines Ward when it comes to celebrations! Not even close!

I respect your opinion as well, and you do make some valid points. I'm not saying it's right vs wrong, just that I'd rather not see it so much. That's just my own preference though. I hope it stays as minor on-field celebrations and doesn't escalate down the road into something along the lines of a T.O. or Ochowhatever head case. Success has different effects in different people. Hopefully he can handle it and not let it ruin him. :crossfingers:

SteelerSteve
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
AP is in my opinion the most violent and phyisically gifted running backs in the nfl playing on a team that knows how to run the ball very very well. If we can contain him then I am not worried about anyone running the ball on us

TheButt
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM

The point of the post was that it was an opposing player acting all huffy after a play against the Stillers and then having said emotion taken away in an instant !!! I loved it.

That is all.

Im sure your're not the only one to "play" football on this board. Pretty sure a few of us have.

K Train
10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
The point of the post was that it was an opposing player acting all huffy after a play against the Stillers and then having said emotion taken away in an instant !!! I loved it.

That is all.

Im sure your're not the only one to "play" football on this board. Pretty sure a few of us have.
hes not like throwing the ball at opposing players, hes not shoving...getting a first down and getting the crowd all fired up is a good thing. he wouldnt be the first cocky player to come through pittsburgh....and having a few cocky players is a good thing, they are emotional and get everyone else fired up

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok......I don't mind a player celebrating after making a play but when you constantly do like Holmes is doing it does get a tad old and Holmes is my boy.....But he is madly inconsistent.....Ktrain I know all the stuff that Holmes does for Ward, Miller and the rest of the passing options....I agree he opens up alot of area on the field for them to do their thing but Holmes since having a great late/post season last year and by him declaring himself that is how you be great the times he has disappeared this year is not how you be great....I thought he really disappeared yesterday and did a poor job of getting open against a guy he was supposed to school.....

Santonio has all the talent to be great but he just needs to be more consistent.....I don't want him gone by no means and hope he is resigned....I just want more greatness.........

K Train
10-26-2009, 07:34 PM
well he should have scored yesterday but a bs call on a man running into heath and falling down nullified it. but as long as hes great when he needs to be great thats ok with me

LarryNJ
10-26-2009, 08:45 PM

That is all.

hahaha..I guess we got a little off topic. The game was certainly an emotional roller coaster and lucky for us that "bad dude" ended his at the bottom of the hill and mr. Gay and his teammates eneded it on a high! :banana:

LatrobePA
10-27-2009, 09:27 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_wk_7_2009_01.jpg

SteelerSteve
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Because Holmes has been inconsistent for the most part this season and a lot of it I think has to do with him not concentrating and not being totally focused. He still appears to be on an ego trip from the Super Bowl winning catch he made. Now his play has improved the last few weeks, but in both losses against the Bears and Bengals Holmes was dropping a lot of passes and ran a wrong route which lead to a pick six and he was still going back to the huddle after he made one or two catches showboating. Somebody like Hines Ward needs to tell Holmes that this game is all about consistency and while it was an amazing catch and probably one of the greatest plays of all time that Holmes made in the Super Bowl last season it doesnt mean your career stops and you start playing like a half-***. Well thinking that him flexing after a big play is causing him to not be focused is purely an opinion and in no way is detrimental to our team, neither is it an over the top celebration.

--- Added 10/27/2009 at 02:47 PM ---

Ok......I don't mind a player celebrating after making a play but when you constantly do like Holmes is doing it does get a tad old and Holmes is my boy.....But he is madly inconsistent.....Ktrain I know all the stuff that Holmes does for Ward, Miller and the rest of the passing options....I agree he opens up alot of area on the field for them to do their thing but Holmes since having a great late/post season last year and by him declaring himself that is how you be great the times he has disappeared this year is not how you be great....I thought he really disappeared yesterday and did a poor job of getting open against a guy he was supposed to school.....

Santonio has all the talent to be great but he just needs to be more consistent.....I don't want him gone by no means and hope he is resigned....I just want more greatness.........
Sure, I agree with all of that. But really, what does it matter that he flexes and gets pumped up after making a play. If its just cause it annoys some people then I guess thats their problem. That has nothing to do with consistency.