PDA

View Full Version : Badburgh does it again

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Your thoughts on this unbeweebable game. A sack at the last second 2 boot.

JensK
10-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Badburgh... right

Steelers played pretty good defence - Gay is terrible, and i think that we are playing with a way to big cussion, but cant really bitch about rest of the defence.

offence was horrible more or less, or at least bad play-calling imo. Mendenhall played pretty good, and Starks played alright against Allen..

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
it's a team sport. Total plays passing and rushing. them: 78 us: 49
Even at that we should have had aleast two more tds. I don't like to make a final call on who is the toughest team in the NFL but,...

DIESELMAN
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
it's a team sport. Total plays passing and rushing. them: 78 us: 49
Even at that we should have had aleast two more tds. I don't like to make a final call on who is the toughest team in the NFL but,...
Plus they had a big advantage in T.O.P- Minn: 36:58 Pitt: 23:02. Says a hell of a lot about our defensive performance today :woot:

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
If Mendenhall doesnt put the ball on the ground the Steelers go up 20-10 and the game probably isnt as close as it ended up being at the end. Mendy has done a nice job since becoming the starter but he has absolutely got to learn to hang on to the football better he carries the ball terribly and he needs to learn how to tuck the ball away a lot better then what he is doing now...

dunfbe
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Assuming Timmons isn't out for long and that Troy is going to get back to 100% very soon, could this be the preformance that the D needed to finally kick start their season?
:cope:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Meh, a win is a win! Glad to see the D play a solid game:

-Held AP in check
-Held Favre in check (yeah he had a ton of yards, but he had 48 pass atts and 0tds!)
-Got pressure
-Forced TOs
-Scored twice

The Offense looked pretty "blah" and prob didn't help only having 49 plays and 23 mins TOP!!

On a side note: Im so tired of visiting opponents forums after a Steelers win and seeing the same bull$hit... " the refs hosed us" "Pittsburgh cheats again"! At purplepride.org the general feeling is: They TOTALLY outplayed us, deserved to win and the refs JOBBED them! The complaints were the tripping on #83 against harrison and the defensive delay of game. Last time i checked leg whips were still illegal. Plus they should be happy they called that defensive delay of game. Go back and watch the play: The ball was snapped and the pass was thrown just as the whistle came in. Ward catches the ball and turns as the play is blown dead... he's got about 5 yards between him and two defenders with alot of running room to the endzone!! ADV. Minnesota!

dunfbe
10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Good points...and what about the dodgy call of offensive pass interference against Heath Miller that nulified a Holmes TD?? Steelers didn't get any help

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 06:37 PM
nope i thought the refs called it evenly to be honest. Yeah that was a pick by Miller, but it in no way impacted the play and probley could have been left alone! Dumb call, but even dumber penalty by miller.. hard to blame him though, it seems like BA refuses to get rid of the rub/pick plays. Thats the third one called on us this year! (2-ward 1-Miller)

TEEMONT
10-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Good points...and what about the dodgy call of offensive pass interference against Heath Miller that nulified a Holmes TD?? Steelers didn't get any help

The vikings didnt get any help either, right before the fumble return they had a TD nullified by a shady "tripping" call on Silverback...I'm not complaining, just sayin.

dunfbe
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
The vikings didnt get any help either, right before the fumble return they had a TD nullified by a shady "tripping" call on Silverback...I'm not complaining, just sayin.
Its fair enough, 92 never gets any holding calls, so a tripping call is partial compensation!

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM

There were bad calls on both sides but the bottom line is the Vikings still had chances at the end to tie the game or take the lead and the Steelers defense made the plays and Brett Favre and the Vikings offense didnt...

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Its a leg whip, and its illegal. The refs dumbed it down and called tripping... their mistake, but still a penalty. Its something you DONT see often cause most TE's and Rb's at least attempt to put a hat on silverback! #83 gave a half assed attempt to square up and block him. When he got beat outside he flung his legs into the lower legs of Harrison. That's an "illegal leg whip"! If he throws his upper body into Harrison's legs, its a legal chop block. HERE: http://www.ehow.com/how_2301954_perform-leg-whip-football.html ... thats EXACTLY what dude did! Its a *itch-move that we rarely see anymore!

SteelCityKid5
10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Gay is terrible?? He makes what two bad plays out of how many and hes terrible?? Steelers play off on the corners and he makes those tackles 90% of the time. It's not easy bringing down AP

steelcitysfinestXL
10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Gay is terrible?? He makes what two bad plays out of how many and hes terrible?? Steelers play off on the corners and he makes those tackles 90% of the time. It's not easy bringing down AP

Yeah i dont get it!?!? In Pittsburgh, after every game the radio talk show are flooded with complaints about the corners. They play inside the system, the system is to give cushion unless they have safety help over the top. So basically, Lebeau is willing to give up 3-6 yard pass plays at times. What we have in Ike and Will are two guys who are GREAT tacklers... they do their job just fine! And :plus1: to Ktrain... i dont know many corner who would have made that tackle on Peterson, dude is the best for a reason!

floodcitygirl
10-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Its a leg whip, and its illegal. The refs dumbed it down and called tripping... their mistake, but still a penalty. Its something you DONT see often cause most TE's and Rb's at least attempt to put a hat on silverback! #83 gave a half assed attempt to square up and block him. When he got beat outside he flung his legs into the lower legs of Harrison. That's an "illegal leg whip"! If he throws his upper body into Harrison's legs, its a legal chop block. HERE: http://www.ehow.com/how_2301954_perform-leg-whip-football.html ... thats EXACTLY what dude did! Its a *itch-move that we rarely see anymore!I don't know...???? The people I was watching with (not for or against the Steelers) were going crazy about that call. I have to admit even watching it over it seemed way overblown to me.

TEEMONT
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Its a leg whip, and its illegal. The refs dumbed it down and called tripping... their mistake, but still a penalty. Its something you DONT see often cause most TE's and Rb's at least attempt to put a hat on silverback! #83 gave a half assed attempt to square up and block him. When he got beat outside he flung his legs into the lower legs of Harrison. That's an "illegal leg whip"! If he throws his upper body into Harrison's legs, its a legal chop block. HERE: http://www.ehow.com/how_2301954_perform-leg-whip-football.html ... thats EXACTLY what dude did! Its a *itch-move that we rarely see anymore!

Dude, I know what a leg-whip is and that wasn't one. I'm not saying I didn't like the help the call gave us, I was just stating that the Vikes lost a TD to a shady call too.