PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT was Steelers defensive football!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM
That ladies and gentlemen is what we've been waiting to see this year. The defense, like we've seen so many times in the past, stepped up with beyond HUGE plays late in the 4th quarter to save the day. Even with Timmons out, with A. Smith out, with Kirschke out, the backups stepped up and made plays to help save the win.

3 sacks, FF, and INT all were huge plays today that happened in key situations. Congrats to Woodley, & Fox especially for stepping up and making those heads up plays.

On a day where the offense was struggling to do anything consistently, the defense came to their rescue in a big way. That's team football right there!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
YEA it's about time.............Jeff Reed u SUCK!! Now it's time to get healthy an get ready for the second half of the season starting in Denver after the bye, an we have to do something with our offensive game plan, this was the first game we just looked horrible on offense, except the running game Mendenhall had 10 carries for 69 yards.

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Yea WTF was Jeff doin on that tackle. UR A MAN TOO. U CAN HIT HIM.

Big T
10-25-2009, 04:42 PM
I was sooo pissed on that sorry *** excuse for an attempt at a tackle by Jeff Reed. Maybe our next kicker will be able to tackle. Though the D played very well, I'm an really concerned about the corner play and how much of a cushion the corners were giving the recievers...that's why there were all those quick passes. Great game though, exciting. It felt like the Vikings had the ball FOREVER!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
The defense was flatout awesome today and really won the game for the Steelers....I'm sure they came to play today since the offense and special teams didn't.......

jpele
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Yea WTF was Jeff doin on that tackle. UR A MAN TOO. U CAN HIT HIM.

He wasn't a paper towel dispenser.

DIESELMAN
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
4 sacks, 1 forced and recovered fumble, 1 INT and 2 defensive TD's!!! We definitely needed a performance like that today against the Vikes. Outstanding!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
The Jeff Reed effort on that Harvin kickoff return was down right putrid...I dont know what has gotten into Jeff Reed this season but there is no doubt in my mind now that he is outta here next season the Steelers will not keep him. Aside from that great win today and a great effort by the defense everytime they needed a play they delivered. It's an excellent way to go into the bye week at 5-2 with 15 days to get ready for the Denver Broncos.

TEEMONT
10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
The defense was flatout awesome today and really won the game for the Steelers....I'm sure they came to play today since the offense and special teams didn't.......

It was nice to see the D step up in the 4th for once. It kind of reminded us all that they can do it. Now if the D and O ever get on the same page, this team could put a serious run together.

KSSteelerfan
10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
That ladies and gentlemen is what we've been waiting to see this year. The defense, like we've seen so many times in the past, stepped up with beyond HUGE plays late in the 4th quarter to save the day. Even with Timmons out, with A. Smith out, with Kirschke out, the backups stepped up and made plays to help save the win.

3 sacks, FF, and INT all were huge plays today that happened in key situations. Congrats to Woodley, & Fox especially for stepping up and making those heads up plays.

On a day where the offense was struggling to do anything consistently, the defense came to their rescue in a big way. That's team football right there!

:plus1::tt02::tt02::cope::cope:

KemoTherapy
10-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Reed must have had his mind on getting his drink on after the game and had a brain fart. Steelers should fine him $ 10,000 , maybe that will get his attention. The team was so flat after that return it's a wonder they didn't lose the game because of it.