PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu misses practice for a 2nd straight day...

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09295/1007614-100.stm

Hopefully Tomlin is just being cautious with Troy and giving him a few extra days off and it has nothing to do with Troy still being hurt and not being able to play. If Troy does not practice on Friday then there is a little bit of reason to be concerned. If Troy cannot go in this game and the Steelers defense once again has to rely on Tyrone Carter and Keiwan Ratliff to make plays in the secondary Brett Favre could have a field day throwing the football over the middle. The Steelers really need Troy to play in this game or their chances of winning this game with the Vikings I believe decrease a great deal...

DIESELMAN
10-22-2009, 06:29 PM
From Tomlins press conference about the upcoming game against Minnesota.....

Also of note, Troy (Polamalu) seems to be progressing relatively well in his march back to full participation. We may limit him in the early portion of this week, but we just want to keep that arrow pointing up in his participation and specifically the quality of that. I like where we are in terms of getting him started, getting him back in the fold, and getting out there and making plays for us. Want to keep that arrow moving up and may exercise caution here early in the week in terms of participation and make sure he’s ready to go for us on Sunday.

LatrobePA
10-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Same as AP, they'll both play!

SteelersWoman
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I felt it was the wrong thing to do when they put Troy in the Browns game. He definitely looked like he re-aggravated his knee injury, and we didn't need him to win that game. So now, he might not be able to play (at least at a high level) in a game we really DO need him for.

Troyisabeast_43
10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I felt it was the wrong thing to do when they put Troy in the Browns game. He definitely looked like he re-aggravated his knee injury, and we didn't need him to win that game. So now, he might not be able to play (at least at a high level) in a game we really DO need him for.

While us fans always talk about how they dont need this guy like Troy to play against the Browns because they arent as good as the Vikings which is true Tomlin and the Steelers coaching staff doesnt approach things that way. As Tomlin says they never put more emphasis on one opponent as opposed to another one. They all go into each game the same way and if they feel Troy was ready to play and good to go last week against the Browns and they felt that he could help the team win then they let him play.

LatrobePA
10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
With out Troys pick in the Browns game things may of turned out diffrently for us. He was a game changer! Yes the Browns! Remember each and every team we play will play us a bit tougher being we are the champs! Not to mention they are a division woe!

I for one was pleased he started last week.Tomlin and Troy both said the knee hitting the ground was that and had nothing to do with his previous injury!

75Steeler
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm just ready to see him play again on Sunday. Troy will bring his brand of football to Hines Field and it is always great to see him hit and bring the tempo of our D up!

:cope:

yinzer
10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
it's precautionary. he's fine. oh, and by the way... keiwan ratliff is AWE-FUL

LatrobePA
10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
it's precautionary. he's fine. oh, and by the way... keiwan ratliff is AWE-FUL

LOL, worse than that, I can easily say he sucks!

floodcitygirl
10-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I felt it was the wrong thing to do when they put Troy in the Browns game. He definitely looked like he re-aggravated his knee injury, and we didn't need him to win that game. So now, he might not be able to play (at least at a high level) in a game we really DO need him for.It seemed as though we did need him even if he wasn't at 100%. But when he went down on that interception and he was writhing on the ground....well let's just say it wasn't a good moment.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2009, 08:15 AM
This is the smart thing to do, limit him so he doesn't tweak anything this week after his first action in a month. We're going to need him like crazy this weekend because Carter & Ratliffe would get eaten alive by Favre.

cmerrifield
10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I am not worried as much about Favre as I am AP, Troy can run him down and get in there for a tackle, Troy, I think, is more important this week to stop AP than Favre. On one of the videos on NFL.com the expert said that the reason Favre is doing so well is he is recognizing when teams are putting 8 guys in the box and then he is finding the man coverage and exploiting it. With Troy, we can put eight guys in the box, without Troy lining up in the box. This will make Favre's day a lot harder, but we cannot disguise this without Troy.

igor0190
10-23-2009, 09:45 AM
On one of the videos on NFL.com the expert said that the reason Favre is doing so well is he is recognizing when teams are putting 8 guys in the box and then he is finding the man coverage and exploiting it. With Troy, we can put eight guys in the box, without Troy lining up in the box. This will make Favre's day a lot harder, but we cannot disguise this without Troy.

That is the beauty of having Troy at safety. He will line up as if he's the 8th man in the box, ball gets snapped, then he drops back into coverage. PArt of what makes the Steelers defence confusing for the opposition.

franchise3
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Troy practiced today. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
10-23-2009, 01:08 PM
With out Troys pick in the Browns game things may of turned out diffrently for us. He was a game changer! Yes the Browns! Remember each and every team we play will play us a bit tougher being we are the champs! Not to mention they are a division woe!

I for one was pleased he started last week.Tomlin and Troy both said the knee hitting the ground was that and had nothing to do with his previous injury!

:yellowthumb:

greennick
10-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Troy practiced today. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!

Best news of my morning. Good to wake up to that.