PDA

View Full Version : It does not get any bigger

StlersGuy
10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Well maybe it does after all this is not the super bowl, however it is the game of the week for sure Steelers 4-2 vs Vikings 6-0, Big Ben vs Brett Favre. Steelers defense vs Vikings offense. This sunday we will need to bring our A game for sure. I hope we can win this game and shut all the naysayers up. I am sick of turning on espn and hearing are the steelers for real or are they just another sub par nfl team.. we will show them this Sunday when we send the purple guys back 6-1....
:tt02:

yinzer
10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Well maybe it does after all this is not the super bowl, however it is the game of the week for sure Steelers 4-2 vs Vikings 6-0, Big Ben vs Brett Favre. Steelers defense vs Vikings offense. This sunday we will need to bring our A game for sure. I hope we can win this game and shut all the naysayers up. I am sick of turning on espn and hearing are the steelers for real or are they just another sub par nfl team.. we will show them this Sunday when we send the purple guys back 6-1....
:tt02:

the Vikes are gonna have to bring their A game as well.

Scorp
10-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Vikings won't do sh-it in our house. Steelers D will dominate, not to mention the fans that pack the place and fans cheering all over the universe. Brett, come out and play!!!!

LatrobePA
10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Here's what I think of with this game:

Playing a fired up D very simular to the Ravens 08 D.

Playing against a guy simular to Warner in the SB, he can make quick reads and get the ball out of his hands fast!

Our D always seems to be up to the task in stopping stud RB's.

yinzer
10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
where are all the viking trolls? i thought they wanted to "talk" football. did dieselman bounce em outta here? :lol:

Stellablue
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
where are all the viking trolls? i thought they wanted to "talk" football. did dieselman bounce em outta here? :lol:

It is a Big game for the writers and us fans - But to the 2 teams - It's not a BAD loss in terms of record. NFC vs AFC is not as big of a deal as a divisional game -

If Harvin and Winfield are hurt, I hope they get some rest because the next week we go to GB and a win there is much more important that Sundays game vs the Squealers...

That being said - I cannot wait to see how we play vs the best -- On the Road

LatrobePA
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
It is a Big game for the writers and us fans - But to the 2 teams - It's not a BAD loss in terms of record. NFC vs AFC is not as big of a deal as a divisional game -

If Harvin and Winfield are hurt, I hope they get some rest because the next week we go to GB and a win there is much more important that Sundays game vs the Squealers...

I hope the two start so there will be no excuses....Chime back in Monday!

Stellablue
10-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I hope the two start so there will be no excuses....Chime back in Monday!

I don't make excuses - Sounds like Winfield will be good to go.

SteelCityKid5
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Saying "it isnt an important game to the Vikings" is just your way of setting up a safety net if they lose on Sunday. And if it wasn't an important game, you wouldnt sign up on a Steelers web site. I bet you signed on a Cleveland Browns website when you played them? Yeah you didn't because you knew they sucked and you wouldnt get anything out of it.

jpele
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I think the key to the game is stopping or at least slowing down Peterson. If the Steelers do that I believe we can force Favre in a few mistakes.

LatrobePA
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't make excuses - Sounds like Winfield will be good to go.

Cool...

yinzer
10-21-2009, 05:44 PM

i'm just bustin your chops. has childress given any info on injuries for this week?

ejsteeler
10-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I am a Favre fan, but forcing him into mistakes is easier than forcing Ben into them.....imo. I see that being the difference in this game. Winner of the turn over battle wins the game, period. :cope:

LarryNJ
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
It will get a lot bigger than this when we play the other guys in purple. That being said this is a great test for both teams. I think we lucked out getting them before their big GB game. I look for the Steelers to pass pass and pass in the first half. Jump off to a big first half lead and hang on to win in the 2nd half.

Skol69Vikings
10-22-2009, 03:43 AM
i'm just bustin your chops. has childress given any info on injuries for this week?

Winfield doubtful, looking like game time decision. Havent seen the full injury reports, but im sure harvin is in more danger of missing game.

Dean Denton
10-22-2009, 05:27 AM
This will be the biggest test for the Steelers O-line so far in this young season. I dont expect much out of Mendy, but I look for Ben to light up the sky. If Mendy gets hot, then good for us, but I doubt it. The Vikings are the best team we play so far and, its going to be a tough game all the way to the end. If the Steelers play like they have all year, giving up leads and letting teams back into the game in the forth, then the Steelers will lose...bad. The Vikings have a nasty D-line, and are going to bring a lot of heat...If the Steelers win this game, then they will be talked about in a good way again.

LatrobePA
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
The vikes are badass on D no doubt. But all I can say is teams have been blitzing the hell out of us all year. Go back and watch the brownies game, Titans, Cinci. Granted they aren't as talented but the line and Ben have done a good job picking it up.

jpele
10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
This will be the biggest test for the Steelers O-line so far in this young season. I dont expect much out of Mendy, but I look for Ben to light up the sky.

If Ben is givin any time in the pocket,expect to see a big from Mike Wallace.