PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers,Bengals,and Ravens schedule the next month...

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2009, 07:47 PM
The Steelers much like I have been saying and always did say would get back into this AFC North race and would have a week like yesterday where both the Bengals and Ravens did lose and they win and they would gain on both of them which is exactly what happened. With that being said, the next 3-4 weeks in the AFC North looking at each teams schedule could really set one team up to make a run and begin to take control. I still believe the schedule favors the Steelers out of all 3 teams. I say this because the Steelers next 3 games with the Vikings,Broncos,and Bengals 2 of them are at home which is definitely going to be an advantage for the Steelers. The Bengals play the Bears at home, then have a bye week then play the Ravens at home after the bye and then have to go play here at Heinz Field against the Steelers the week after they play Baltimore. And you know when the Bengals play both the Ravens and Steelers on those back to back weeks they are going to be pissed as hell and want playback in the worst way on the Bengals.

The Bears game this week for the Bengals will not be easy as well and I believe the Bears will beat the Bengals in Cincy. They almost beat a damn good Falcons team in Atlanta last night and they will need to win this week which I why I think they beat the Bengals. The Ravens meanwhile have their bye this week then come back and have a pretty brutal schedule themselves the next 6 games. They have to play the Broncos,at Cincy,at Cleveland on a Monday night,they host the Colts and Steelers back to back weeks then have to go to Lambeau Field to play the Packers on Monday night the week after they play the Steelers. That's a pretty tough stretch for the Ravens who are now 3-3 after losing 3 games in a row and are a game back of both the Bengals and the Steelers. The Ravens are going to need to win that Denver game and that Bengals game on the road after the bye week or they are in serious trouble.

It's why I believe if the Steelers take care of the Vikings this week at home and the Bears beat the Bengals it's going to put the Steelers in a very good position going into their bye week with the Bengals as well the following week being up a game on them in the standings knowing that they have to play the Ravens the following week after the bye knowing that at least one of them is going to lose again. I truly believe a win this week against a very good Vikings team can go a long long way to putting the Steelers back in total control of the AFC North for the remainder of the season...Hopefully the Bears help the Steelers out and beat the Bengals as well...A loss to the Bears by the Bengals this week for a second straight week at home could really do a lot of damage to the Bengals confidence going into the bye and for the remainder of the season...

JensK
10-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Nice break-down. I reall believe that as long as we take care of Bengals and Ravens we are alright. We may drop one or two (we always seem to loose in Denver, and Vikings bviously is no pushover), but as you said, so will Ravens and Bengals probably, which is why we may end up having the same score when the next 5-6 games are over with, which is why it would be really nice to have have the tie-breaker advantage, or at least not the disadvantage.

75Steeler
10-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I also thought at the start of the season that the Steelers schedule was one of the easier ones. A few of these teams have shocked us with their play and I don't think they are as much the easier teams in the NFL as we thought they were. An example of this is the Broncos. I watched them against the Chargers last night and they looked really good. We already know what the Bungles bring to the table and the Ravens are much better than they were last season.

I think our Steelers have their work cut out for them and they need to tighten those chin straps cause the rest of the season will be a fun but bumpy ride.

Go Steelers!!!

:cope:

KemoTherapy
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
The schedule is definitely not as easy as the pundits thought before the season began. Denver, Minni, Cinci and Balt. are all mildly to radically improved from last year. That`s good though as tough games breed a tough team as we saw last year.