PDA

View Full Version : Mark this down when we play Baltimore

SteelCityKid5
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
James Harrison and Michael Oher (if on the same side), will get in a fight. Maybe not full blown fist fight but there will be pushing and shoving. There have been some stories online that Oher is full of himself and is a cocky player. I just found this story: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Michael-Oher-and-Jared-Allen-have-some-words-for?urn=nfl,196869

:imho::tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
There's always extra pushing, shoving an extra talking when we play the RATS i expect nothing less.....:lol:

Ironman
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Jared Allen isn't exactly quiet on the field either. Regardless of who goes up against who, I expect a bloody dog fight with plenty of scuffles.

aaronsmith91
10-19-2009, 11:52 PM
"I beat him like a red-headed step child" that is awesome

Stellablue
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Who will #69 Own this Sunday ??

Don't know much about your O Line

aaronsmith91
10-20-2009, 01:46 AM
I dont think your secondary will hold up long enough. Allen is going to be chasing ward,wallace and holmes down all day

JensK
10-20-2009, 06:16 AM

While he did spent a whole lot of time in Ravens back-field, i don't think he owned Oher. Oher only gave up one sack (the other sack was on flacco imo, since it was a screen play that just never happened). To answer your question, Allen will line up against Starks, who def. has the size to match Allen, but he is probably too slow to really control him all day long. I do think Ben is going to exploit Allen and his very aggressive play.

LatrobePA
10-20-2009, 09:47 AM

Joe is that you? Did you change to another purple team?

Allen will have a bad day in the burg! Mark it down, he'll be made to look a fool!

yinzer
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM

i was HOPING a "knowledgable" vikings fan would show up but i guess we'll deal with you until that happens...

to answer your question... Max Starks is a good match-up with Allen. The Colon/Edwards match-up is what I'm more worried about.

Welcome to the board. I hope you're hear to talk football and not just spew troll rhetoric.

Stellablue
10-20-2009, 10:33 AM
i was HOPING a "knowledgable" vikings fan would show up but i guess we'll deal with you until that happens...

to answer your question... Max Starks is a good match-up with Allen. The Colon/Edwards match-up is what I'm more worried about.

Welcome to the board. I hope you're hear to talk football and not just spew troll rhetoric.

Worried about Edwards - No Need -

Cannot wait for this game, look fwd to a good match up.

Looks like we will lose Winfield and Harvin which will hurt but I still think we can hang with the Steelers. Baring a Freak Defensive breakdown, I think it will be a 3 point game -

coldrolled
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Joe is that you? Did you change to another purple team?

Allen will have a bad day in the burg! Mark it down, he'll be made to look a fool!

it could be joe.. the ravens are starting to drip blood from the defense. once they fall apart and RL is upset the roof will cave in. should be just in time for the steelers game.

that said, the vikings will have their hands full with our D, we are a bit more solid then
the ravens. it was also nice to see the ravens drop a game for not signing stover.

i bet they won 8 games last year with field goals... worst move ever for them letting him go.

steelers should take note of that.. even if ours is a bit unruly....

yinzer
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM

Looks like we will lose Winfield and Harvin which will hurt but I still think we can hang with the Steelers. Baring a Freak Defensive breakdown, I think it will be a 3 point game -

i'm worried about Colon/Edwards. Colon sucks and struggles with guys like Edwards.

Callax
10-20-2009, 12:07 PM

A defensive lapse by who's team??
Minn gave up 21pts in the 4th quarter last week and PITT has a breakdown in almost EVERY 4th quarter of this year:stirpot:
The question should be:
Whose team will NOT have a defensive breakdown this Sunday????:2cents::2cents:

Blazedby92
10-20-2009, 01:12 PM
A defensive lapse by who's team??
Minn gave up 21pts in the 4th quarter last week and PITT has a breakdown in almost EVERY 4th quarter of this year:stirpot:
The question should be:
Whose team will NOT have a defensive breakdown this Sunday????:2cents::2cents:

:crossfingers::popcorn:

scott0326
10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, I loved Allens comments.

Ironman
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
with Winfield out, that really hurts the Vikes. They need to shutdown our WR's or there will be a lot of trouble in the Vikes secondary. Jared Allen will be on the QB's *** like usual, but regardless of his play, he is still by far the ugliest mother f*cka in the entire league.. no wonder he is so angry

Blazedby92
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
with Winfield out, that really hurts the Vikes. They need to shutdown our WR's or there will be a lot of trouble in the Vikes secondary. Jared Allen will be on the QB's *** like usual, but regardless of his play, he is still by far the ugliest mother f*cka in the entire league.. no wonder he is so angry

You know you like his MULLET.
I think we will be fine especially that winfield is out.

SteelerSteve
10-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I gotta say I am more than a bit nervous for this game. The Vikings are gonna be the toughest team we have played so far in my opinion. But if Ben and his suddenly "Peyton Manning" like numbers are no fluke and they can throw all over the vikings and get at least a decent ground attack then its definitely winnable.

Moondog
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM

You can bet your best "Darkstar" he won't own anybody! LOL :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
You can bet your best "Darkstar" he won't own anybody! LOL :yellowthumb:

Booooo Yaaaaaa! lol

Ironman
10-21-2009, 08:46 PM
You know you like his MULLET.
I think we will be fine especially that winfield is out.

I would love to scalp that mullet with a dull, and rusty tomahawk.

I gotta say I am more than a bit nervous for this game. The Vikings are gonna be the toughest team we have played so far in my opinion. But if Ben and his suddenly "Peyton Manning" like numbers are no fluke and they can throw all over the vikings and get at least a decent ground attack then its definitely winnable.

I am nervous as well, and this might be the toughest matchup on our schedule all year. But I agree, a solid offense will vastly improve our chances of winning this game.