PDA

View Full Version : Troy Did Not Look Close To 100%

BlackGold4vr
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
He got up limping almost every time he was involved in the play. I was hoping the coaches would take him out of the game. This was not the Troy of the Titan game. I would have preferred that he waited until next week to play. Then he would get another two weeks to rest over the bye week. :2cents:

Ibleedblk&gld
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
he was doing fine until the INT...when he landed on his knee, he was hurting...didn't look the same after that...i don't think he should have played as long as he did, just to save his knee after that...i just hope he's better next week than he was this week...that WAS a nice INT though

HUNT4SEVEN
10-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Troy will be fine, he needed to get his legs under him an get back to game speed, this was just an tune up for next week. He will play better next week....

LatrobePA
10-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Never threw his way again! The decoy ploy worked!

Big T
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
It was a good move to play Troy vs the Browns...you can't throw him in there rusty against Brett Favre. Give him another week to heal....he should be fine.

Steel Trap86
10-19-2009, 12:29 AM
It was a good move to play Troy vs the Browns...you can't throw him in there rusty against Brett Favre. Give him another week to heal....he should be fine.

:plus1: Troy will be ready for the Vikings

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I agree, Troy wasn't his normal self but none of us should have expected him to be yet either. I don't think he should have played the whole game but I'm glad he got in there and back into the flow of things atleast. Favre has a knack for big plays when he needs them, as we saw today, so we'll need everybody ready to go.

Dean Denton
10-19-2009, 03:45 AM
He's finished for the year. He got up limping after the INT, and had isues going side to side the entire game. Troys not even 70%. He should not have been on the field today at all. Ready for the Vikings huh? Crack is bad for you.....lol

Steel Trap86
10-19-2009, 05:01 AM
He's finished for the year. He got up limping after the INT, and had isues going side to side the entire game. Troys not even 70%. He should not have been on the field today at all. Ready for the Vikings huh? Crack is bad for you.....lol

Ya we all saw him limping after the interception, he was doing just fine before it. He's defenatley not 100%, but even Troy at "60%" managed to pull out a potential game changing interception and still played a decent game. Should not have been on the field? finished for the year? arent you the same guy that said we'd be 1-5 right now too?
:willybs: **** am I ever glad you're not the coach man, go back to sleep

JensK
10-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Even though Troy is hurt, QBs just dont throw it his way - After the interception, Anderson didnt look Troys way once, and if he did he turned around and threw it the other way. I really don't think he reinjured anything, but the injury hes got hurts like hell, and its going to hurt hen he lands on it for quite some time... He should be back to normal speed pretty soon though.

SteelerSal
10-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Maybe he did not look 100% out there but his presence on the field made the defense look a whole lot better!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2009, 09:44 AM
A half gimped Troy is better than a full Ty Carter. Obviously you don't want to risk a long term thing by bringing him back but Tomlin said the doc's cleared Troy to practice and play so it was good to see him out there. Im sure he is quite stiff this morning and getting treatment as we speak on it, so he should be ready to go full speed next week.

LatrobePA
10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Troy said he has to learn to play with the pain!

Captcoolhand
10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
A half gimped Troy is better than a full Ty Carter. Obviously you don't want to risk a long term thing by bringing him back but Tomlin said the doc's cleared Troy to practice and play so it was good to see him out there. Im sure he is quite stiff this morning and getting treatment as we speak on it, so he should be ready to go full speed next week.
I agree, you know he's hurting this morning......:yesnod:

KRAZYRIDE
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
yeah i'm sure tomlin told Troy to take it easy this week and I bet Troy didn't listen. He was just there to be there. When a player like that is on the field you have to account for him even if he wasn't 100% I'm sure next week he'll be almost better but should still take it easy untill after the BTe when he should be healed

Scorp
10-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Troy will be fine, he needed to get his legs under him an get back to game speed, this was just an tune up for next week. He will play better next week....

That's the spirit. :cope: Welcome back Troy. :banana:

TampaSteelGirl
10-19-2009, 03:10 PM

He had a knee brace on during the game, after that INT he went back and took it off is what I heard...don't really need to play him forcefully for the Browns game..i'm sure Dick told him to take it easy, just get his feet wet. He'll be back for the Vikes game I"m sure!

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM

Yea you were saying the samething as well Dean about the Steelers team in general when they were 1-2 a few weeks back and 2 games behind the Ravens that they were done and it would be hard to recover. Troy I thought played pretty good and made his presence felt early on in the game. He will continue to improve and be more of a factor as we move forward here in the coming weeks. The Vikings are a good team but they arent as good as everybody makes them out to be. The Steelers will hand them their first loss of the season come Sunday bank on it...