PDA

View Full Version : A win is a win, all be it a sloppy one!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Dominate 1st quarter - check
Dominiate 2nd quarter - check
Start to give away game in 3rd quarter - check
Damn near give it away but somehow pull it out again - check

Yep, that's about the size of it. Amidst the 400 yd passing day by Ben, the Steelers still manage to keep this game interesting into the 4th quarter. Atleast to their credit today they didn't give up the double digit lead long enough to make any real game of it I guess but still.

When in the last time any of us saw a 3rd quarter like that one!!!! Interception, sack/strip, fumble, fumble, INT and then somewhere after that we managed to salt the game away.

Never a dull moment I guess right?

StlersGuy
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Dominate 1st quarter - check
Dominiate 2nd quarter - check
Start to give away game in 3rd quarter - check
Damn near give it away but somehow pull it out again - check

Yep, that's about the size of it. Amidst the 400 yd passing day by Ben, the Steelers still manage to keep this game interesting into the 4th quarter. Atleast to their credit today they didn't give up the double digit lead long enough to make any real game of it I guess but still.

When in the last time any of us saw a 3rd quarter like that one!!!! Interception, sack/strip, fumble, fumble, INT and then somewhere after that we managed to salt the game away.

Never a dull moment I guess right?

Hey it seems this is the way things will be for this year after all well all of our win's have been that way :tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
It's always like this against the Clowns , i'm just glad we won an the Rats an Bungles lost!

StlersGuy
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
It's always like this against the Clowns , i'm just glad we won an the Rats an Bungles lost!

:tt02: could not have said it better

SteelCityKid5
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I dont know which 1st quarter you guy were watching but we didn't dominate the 1st quarter

Blazedby92
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I dont know which 1st quarter you guy were watching but we didn't dominate the 1st quarter

Agreed:imho:

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM
never seen a fumble fk of a game like this. although, i am sure something similar has been done before. whew on this one. winter is comin early and we play differently when it's cold. usually more aggressive. let's hope.

LatrobePA
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Mendys fumble shouldof been blown dead, where was he goin on his back?

SteelersGirlTN7
10-18-2009, 08:13 PM

same thing that happened in SD game with Logan .... play couldnt be reviewed for fwd progress and SD got a free TD!

Sir Blitzelot
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM

Yeah, the referees should be quicker to blow the whistle on plays like that, itís really a disadvantage to the ball carrier.

Ironman
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM

I know exactly what you're saying, but in all fairness, he was never down, and I agree that the refs should have blown it dead, but they didn't.

All blame goes on Mendy for not securing the ball, coaches preach that the play is "never dead until the whistle is blown".

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
No doubt a win is a win and I'm happy with a win period....But the Steelers can't play this sloppy next week vs the Vikings and if they do then the Viking will win in a blow out....

K Train
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
i didnt think it was a sloppy win and i didnt think the browns ever really stood a chance

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
i didnt think it was a sloppy win and i didnt think the browns ever really stood a chance

The Browns never stood a chance but to many turn overs today which prevented the game from being 48-14.....lol

The Steelers offense was to careless with the football today and they even had a botched snap today......The Steelers offense can't be that careless with the ball next week.......

dunfbe
10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Sloppy seems to be the word most appropriate to the overall performance every week...so will they get around to tidying it up (like last season) or will it be a lottery each week??

BlackGold4vr
10-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I am not worried about playing the Vikings. This team plays to the level of its opponent. I doubt that next weeks game will be a defensive struggle unless the weather gets really crappy, I envision a shootout!

:yesnod:

dunfbe
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
In a shootout Ben can really make a statement vs old grey beard, he has much better receivers. But do you think we can keep 28 in check without 91??

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2009, 09:43 PM
I am not worried about playing the Vikings. This team plays to the level of its opponent. I doubt that next weeks game will be a defensive struggle unless the weather gets really crappy, I envision a shootout!

Most of the time I do agree the Steelers like to play to the level of their respective opponent but I'm worried about the Vikings game.....Our OL will be facing a 4-3 which under Tomlin they struggle against 4-3 teams....I'm so sick of hearing about the struggles of facing a 4-3 team....Plus the Vikings have a stout front four......The Steelers offense must sustain drives and put points on the board next week....Plus no turn overs.......Our defense is still a concern with a less then 100 percent Troy Polamalu.......The Vikings have alot of speed on offense.....If Troy is still hobbled next week then I could see Favre exploiting Troy for a long TD or two......Really I'm not worried about Peterson....I say the Steelers hold him under 100 yards.......

dunfbe
10-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Most of the time I do agree the Steelers like to play to the level of their respective opponent but I'm worried about the Vikings game.....Our OL will be facing a 4-3 which under Tomlin they struggle against 4-3 teams....I'm so sick of hearing about the struggles of facing a 4-3 team....Plus the Vikings have a stout front four......The Steelers offense must sustain drives and put points on the board next week....Plus no turn overs.......Our defense is still a concern with a less then 100 percent Troy Polamalu.......The Vikings have alot of speed on offense.....If Troy is still hobbled next week then I could see Favre exploiting Troy for a long TD or two......Really I'm not worried about Peterson....I say the Steelers hold him under 100 yards.......

Hope so. Holding Peterson under 100yds should be a win...Favre will throw pics esp if Troy is close to 100% :imho:

K Train
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
harvin looks to be out of that game at the moment, he really looked like he reinjured his already hurt shoulder pretty badly. im just not too concerned about rice or berrian....the focus should be on shiancoe and peterson

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
harvin looks to be out of that game at the moment, he really looked like he reinjured his already hurt shoulder pretty badly. im just not too concerned about rice or berrian....the focus should be on shiancoe and peterson

I heard Harvin was hurt....The Steelers won't have to worry about his speed then......Can't sleep on Berrian or he will hurt you especially with Favre throwing the ball.......

Moondog
10-18-2009, 11:19 PM

I agree, the Steelers will be ready, the inferior opposition this year has paradoxically been a thorn in the Steeler's side. I think it's been hard for them to keep the intensity up for the entire game. For example, I think Cincy took them by surprise, but the Bungles won't have the same luck next time.
Yes, the Steelers will bring it for the Vikes, they got the turnovers out of the way today in the Browns game ...all systems go! Plus, My brother and I will be there and we were 2-0 last year. :yellowthumb: :tt02:

igor0190
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Antoine Winfield was also hurt in the third quarter and didn't come back. If he can't go next week vs the Steelers that would create some VERY nice mismatches on the outside. How do you think the Ravens came back in that game. Winfield is a stud. Report I heard was that it was a turf toe injury.

TEEMONT
10-19-2009, 06:52 AM
There is only one player I am worried about next week, and his name is Jared Allen....oh and AP....oh and Percy Harvin.....oh....****.....all kidding aside...next week is going to be a shootout, Ben better bring his Icy Hot.

JensK
10-19-2009, 07:09 AM
There is only one player I am worried about next week, and his name is Jared Allen....oh and AP....oh and Percy Harvin.....oh....****.....all kidding aside...next week is going to be a shootout, Ben better bring his Icy Hot.

Jared Allan is most likely going to make Starks look like a high school player...

TEEMONT
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Jared Allan is most likely going to make Starks look like a high school player...

My biggest issue with Starks is the potential the fat **** has. I think he is totally out of position at LT with the weight he is carrying. If he coul dlose like 30 lbs....he has the talent to be a very solid LT.

SteelCityKid5
10-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I've come to the conclusion over several heart attacks over the past 2 years that the Steelers just win. Do they play to the level of the bad teams, yeah but they win. I just say a win is a win anymore in the NFL. One thing I truly love about Tomlin is when he says "throw style points out the window" because it's true. It doesnt matter to them how they win, it's just the fact that they won. If you worry about sytle points your going to be the person who worrys "How can we play with the Vikings, Saints, Colts ete etc." Just remember this, I can't remember the last time the Steelers got blown out. They are usually if not always in the game no matter if it's against a superior or inferior team. I mean theres usually one or two games where they were but you seldom see the Steelers getting blown out and that can't be said for a lot of teams in the NFL. The Steelers are and have always been a consistent football organization, from the head office down to the doctors. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them blow out the bad teams but, I'd rather see them win a close game than lose to a lesser opponent.

LatrobePA
10-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Allen is a stud, AP is well AP! They both will be tough to stop, I say if we hold AP to under 100 yards and force BF to throw more he'll eventually cough one or two up!

The key is stopping AP!

Allen, and the Williams sisters will play hell! Ben will need to be quick with his reads and use a lot of dump off west coast style passing to move the ball!

K Train
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM

i think harvin will be ruled out or severely limited

75Steeler
10-19-2009, 12:02 PM
The steelers have one huge problem this year. That problem is remaining consistent, play after play, quarter after quarter and game after game. Ben, Hines, Heath, and a few others have in their individual play, but as a team they have not. I agree yesterday's win was sloppy but just the same it was a win. We better practice hard this week to prepare for the Vikings. Because they are consistent.

All I want for Christmas is to see James Harrison put Bret Farve on his *** next Sunday!!!!

:cope:

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
This Steelers offense is down right unstoppable when its clicking on all clyinders. Once this defense finds its groove and starts being dominant again this Steelers team can beat anybody in the league...

Callax
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
THIS IS 'BURGH BALL AT ITS FINEST!!!!
Unlike Cowher ball (Marty Ball)
Run
RUN
RUN,
punt
let our defense win the game!!
It's just alot more interesting now since our Def lets the other team score once (or twice, or 3 times) to make our offense have to get a score to win the game instead of just padding a lead!!

steelers4life66
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
WIN UGLY!! It's our M O this year.