PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Clark embraces late game challenges

Sir Blitzelot
10-13-2009, 11:26 AM
On the Steelers: Clark embraces late game challenges

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

After what has happened to the Steelers' defense in the final quarters of five games this season, safety Ryan Clark might sound loopy when he challenges offenses to bring it on.

"Now teams are coming after us, teams believe they can win in the fourth quarter," Clark said shortly after he and the rest of the defense staved off a Lions rally to hang onto a 28-20 victory Sunday at Ford Field in Detroit. "They feel if they get hot they can move the ball on us. That's how you play this game, to compete. I know guys are going to come after us in the fourth quarter and I welcome the challenge."

The Steelers have allowed 55 points in the fourth quarter and only 43 in the first three quarters combined. And, considering two of those touchdowns were scored off interceptions of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the second and third quarters, the defense has allowed only 29 points in the first three quarters combined.

Full story: http://post-gazette.com/pg/09286/1005116-66.stm#ixzz0TpEwk0QK

Steelersfan
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Talk is cheap

LatrobePA
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Talk is cheap

x's 1

Big T
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
29 points in 15 quarters is impressive...

55 points in 5 quarters, not so much.

Zachintosh66
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
i was just glad to see them still sending the blitz... instead of backing off and letting the O take what they can get

75Steeler
10-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I just can't understand what the deal is about this team and 4th qtr play? They have come out playing awesome in the first half and put up some big numbers. Then about the middle to end of the third qtr they just do enough to get by.

Ryan Clark's comments about "bring it on" may be nothing more than a motivator to the rest of his team. Clark is an excellent safety and I hope the Steelers sign him to a multi year deal at the end of this season. I enjoy watching him play, he is fast and he hits hard when it counts.

:cope:

floodcitygirl
10-13-2009, 01:22 PM
He does sound loopy. The other teams HAVE brought it and it's been effective. :cursin:

Richmond Rukus
10-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Clark never says bring it on. He said he welcomes the challenge and even admits to the defense having its issues in the 4th quarter. It's amazing how these writers twist players words.

I'm not sure about our 4th quarter woes on defense, but I'm starting to wonder if the easy camp Tomlin ran didn't get these guys conditioned the way they need to be right now and if they are possibly running out of gas late in games. Not to say that is the case, but something is wrong late in games.

Zachintosh66
10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Clark is an excellent safety and I hope the Steelers sign him to a multi year deal at the end of this season.

Dont hold your breath

LatrobePA
10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
This team better show up Sunday against the stinking browns in a big way! 4 quarters worth!! It's time to quit pissing around and get the job done!

KemoTherapy
10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Be careful what you wish for.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
This team better show up Sunday against the stinking browns in a big way! 4 quarters worth!! It's time to quit pissing around and get the job done!

Exactly we need to beat these Clowns in an 3 phrases of the game! having Troy back will help in the passing game.