PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Batch More Than A Football Player

AZ_Steeler
11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_319172442.html

KDKA) PITTSBURGH Charlie Batch is more than just a quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Batch also prides himself as being a businessman.

The Homestead native is a community-oriented, business savvy man.

“Have a plan,” Batch said. “If you don't, the rest of the world will leave you behind.”

Batch is sometimes referred to as "the pride of the Steel Valley".

The backup quarterback for the Steelers never hesitates to play his role when called upon to lead his team.

“You know it could be Week 1, it could be Week 10 - it may not happen at all during the course of the year,” Batch said. “It's just a matter at that point you just have to be ready.”

Batch's Plan "B" includes a number of business ventures all around Homestead where he grew up.

First, he lists the Waterfront where - up until now – not many people knew he is a franchise owner of this ups store.

Danlynn's Barbershop And Salon on Amity Street is another of his ventures.

“Both businesses have been going for about a year,” Batch said. “Right now, we’re trying to make sure they're going and running smoothly.”

Batch also makes a habit of returning to his alma mater, Steel Valley High School.

“It's a great source of pride for us - not only to see what he's turned into as a football player but as a person,” said Russ Firestone, Batch’s high school coach. “What I try to do is push the kids beyond their expectation.”

Batch is an awesome all around guy! He is one heck of QB when he is called on and in the event Ben goes down I'm glad the Steelers have someone like him. It's good to see players get involved in the community especially as Batch is doing in his hometown. :clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Im definately glad we have him, he's bailed us out on many occasions when Ben couldnt play !

House of Steel
11-16-2006, 09:57 PM
:iagree: I definitely all for what you said, Matt.