PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bengals now the team to beat in the AFC North??

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Say what you want about the Bengals and how they are winning games in the last possible minute and seconds but the bottom line is right now they are finding ways to win games and not lose them like they had been doing for so many years in the past. The Bengals after the win today over the Ravens are now 3-0 in the division and have two wins on the road in the division over the Ravens and the Browns last week. That Bengals loss the Steelers suffered a few weeks ago is really looming large now when it comes down to tiebrakers later on in the year seeing that the Bengals have played 3 games in the division and won them all and 2 of them on the road. The Steelers have played one division game and lost it. Now with the Bengals playing their next 3 games at home against the Texans,Bears,and Ravens and not having to go on the road for another 5 weeks until they play the Steelers here at Heinz Field it really sets the Bengals up to possibly keep winning up until that Steelers game at Heinz Field on November 15th. So I have to ask everybody on here now is everybody more worried about the Bengals now instead of the Ravens?? Especially since the Steelers already lost to them and are down a tiebraker in the division?? I am and Im not. Im not because the Steelers pretty much totally dominated the Bengals until the 4th quarter collapse. The offense just failed to finish drives including the Limas Sweed drop which would have put the game away.

Nonetheless, the Bengals are where they are now at 4-1. And with the Ravens having to go play at now 5-0 Minnesota next week they could be staring hard at 3 losses in a row and a 3-3 record. The Bengals play the Texans at home who are as up and down as they come so who knows how that game is going to turn out. The bottom line is though it's officially time to start worrying about the Bengals in this division and consider them a major player with the Ravens because they continue to keep winning and arent going away anytime soon. The Steelers are going to have to keep winning games and try and stay tied with the Bengals or at least a game behind them going into that game with them here at Heinz Field on November 15th. With the unexpected upset of the Ravens today by the Bengals it's going to make that game here with Cincy in November even more important to win seeing that the Bengals are already 3-0 in the division and the Steelers have yet to win a game in the division.

Steelersfan
10-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Yes, they are the team to beat right now. I'm not sold on them but they have done what it takes to win the games that count.

All the Steelers need to do is take care of their own business and it won't matter what Cincy does.

Forged in Steel
10-11-2009, 05:42 PM
The game against the Stains next week is a MUST WIN!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Being that it's week 5 in the NFL season I don't see that there is any team to beat anywhere in the NFL. Sure there's teams that are playing well, teams that are finding ways to win, teams that are up in the air week to week, but that's how it goes early on. There is no team to beat, IMO, until after the midway point of the season and then you really start to see who is gaining momentum, how is tailing off, who's peaked already, etc.

Right now though, yes the Bungals are finding ways to win football games and that's something nobody is used to seeing so give them credit. Nobody in their right mind is handing them the division just yet but clearly at this point they are playing well enough to win and gain confidence along the way, so we need to take care of business on our end and see how things shake out when they come to down.

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes, they are the team to beat right now. I'm not sold on them but they have done what it takes to win the games that count.

All the Steelers need to do is take care of their own business and it won't matter what Cincy does.

Youre right but it still doesnt change the fact that the Steelers have already lost a tiebraker to the Bengals and the way the Bengals schedule sets up here until late November December the Steelers really cant afford to drop too many more games and fall another game behind the Bengals. It was good to see the Stains get off the hook today and get a win in Buffalo. I didnt want them coming in here winless. The Steelers should be able to take care of the Browns at home without much of a problem. The Vikings and the Broncos games before the Bengals game here in mid November are games that the Steelers are going to need to win to keep pace with the Bengals until that game occurs. As I mentioned the Bengals have games with Houston,Chicago,and Baltimore at home the next 3 weeks with a bye sandwiched in the middle. The Bengals schedule at the end of the season has them going on the road 3 of the last 4 weeks at San Diego,at Minnesota,and at the Jets which will not be easy and is what ultimately could hurt the Bengals when all is said and done. The Steelers just need to keep pace with them and beat them here in November and they should be fine. The Steelers with the way the Bengals are playing and finding ways to win these games cannot afford to drop another game to the Bengals in the division.

LatrobePA
10-11-2009, 05:56 PM
NO their luck will run out.....Like the Ravens!

SteelersGirlTN7
10-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Im not too worried about the Bengals just yet ... after throwing up a little LOL i was pulling for the Bengals today ... they have been really lucky in their wins as of late and will no doubt find a way to shoot themselves in the foot down the road whereas the Ravens may not.

As far as the tiebreaker goes... most years since Ben has been around we have split our games with the Bengals .. usually us winning there and them winning in Pitt ... so this year I'm looking at it as just a reversal of that .. I will worry more if they somehow beat us in Pittsburgh...

Right now .. it's week 5 ... I'm just going to hope we keep winning .. and taking care of our own business....

Stlrs4Life
10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
The game against the Stains next week is a MUST WIN!

And the way we played against the Lions today, it will not be easy. Next weeks game probably comes down to a late FG kick by Reed.

Elway7Ben7
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
The Bengals are the leaders thus far, but will choke when it comes down to the end.
remember, we were kicking the crap outta them and blew it!!!! Baltimore is soft and Cincinnati is just getting by. We're slowly starting to find our way back to Steeler football. I honestly see us losing only three more games.

BlackGold4vr
10-11-2009, 08:42 PM
And the way we played against the Lions today, it will not be easy. Next weeks game probably comes down to a late FG kick by Reed.

Maybe there is still some room on another teams wagon. Yeah, the Steelers always struggle against the stains. You're pathetic! :yesnod:

LarryNJ
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM

:plus1: I agree totally. The best thing to happen was for them to win today. The Ravens are a much better team no matter what happened today and the more "L's" they get the better we will be in Dec. The Bengals may be first now but in the end they will be 3rd. Their heads will get so big they won't be able to put their helmets on. I'm not concerned at all about the tie breaker in week 5.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Before the season I had the Bengals at 9-7 and the Ravens at 8-8.....Just had feeling the Bengals would be much better this year so far they're proving me right......Really they should be 5-0.....They beat both the Steelers/Ravens and have earned the top stop of the AFC as of right now.....But who knows if the Bengals keep it up at this point....Still a ton of football left to be played.....I'm glad the Broncos pulled out that miracle win since the Steelers would be 2 back of the Bengals and already lost to them so thank you Denver...lol

Iron City South
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
No team in the league gets more overconfident in thier ability with early success ... then totally blows it down their leg in November when teams get serious ... than the Bungals.

November football is what seperates the men from the boys.

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Before the season I had the Bengals at 9-7 and the Ravens at 8-8.....Just had feeling the Bengals would be much better this year so far they're proving me right......Really they should be 5-0.....They beat both the Steelers/Ravens and have earned the top stop of the AFC as of right now.....But who knows if the Bengals keep it up at this point....Still a ton of football left to be played.....I'm glad the Broncos pulled out that miracle win since the Steelers would be 2 back of the Bengals and already lost to them so thank you Denver...lol

I thank the Broncos for beating the Bengals week 1 and also for beating the Patriots today in overtime handing the Pats another loss. I know the Steelers are chasing Denver for conference records and stuff but the more losses the Patriots have the better. You dont want them in the way come playoff time and having to deal with Tom Brady who should and probably will get better as the season moves on. So the more L's the Patriots have on the right side of that column the better. The Steelers will get their crack at the Broncos and have a chance to win the head to head tiebraker with them when they meet on Monday night next month. Handing the Patriots another loss doesnt bother me at all...I loved seeing McDaniels pumped up at the end of that game and Belicheat running off the field not shaking his hand like the classless prick that he is...

Steelersfan
10-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Maybe there is still some room on another teams wagon. Yeah, the Steelers always struggle against the stains. You're pathetic! :yesnod:

It's not like we didn't own the Bengals at their place either, but what happened there? Nothing is a given in the NFL these days....:yesnod:

Should they win? Damn straight!

floodcitygirl
10-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey....I found myself being a Ravens fan today....and as if that isn't enough to make me throw up a little...the bungals won anyway! On any given day....and as I've heard it said so many times....the winners find a way to pull it out in the end. :barf:

Tr305
10-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Let me give you all a history lesson. The last time the bengals won our divsion we end up winning a superbowl after we beat them in playoffs. They have barely been winning games but hey they get wins because i can argue the case they we barely lost the 2 games we loss but all in all the bengals will fade out as the season progresses. They cant expect to ebta teams in the last minutes come playoffs

All that matter we are getting wins like we should be and we are back on track!

Moondog
10-12-2009, 02:50 AM
The Bengals will be exposed as the chumps that they are at Heinz Field, but that's my homerism speaking. Seriously though, the Steelers really need to shore up the defense. It's weird to even type that after last year's stellar defensive play, but it's the cold hard truth. The Lions had injuries all over and the Steelers still managed to make this game too close for comfort. I read somewhere that good teams beat inferior teams but great teams annihilate them. The Steelers are definitely not daring to be great. I really thought this would be the season where they just started crushing every team they faced, but, man, I've been wrong about that so far.... Oh yeah the Bengals...sure they are the team to beat... right now...but geez...there's just something very paper championish about them....maybe it's just prejudice from all their past losing...but I'm just not sold on them quite yet.

Dean Denton
10-12-2009, 05:13 AM
They are #1 in the AFCN, so yes, for us they are the team to beat. Hell, they all ready beat us. This is a different team when Palmer is healthy. Looks like the AFCN is the best division in football after 5 weeks.....I'm shocked.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Let me give you all a history lesson. The last time the bengals won our divsion we end up winning a superbowl after we beat them in playoffs. They have barely been winning games but hey they get wins because i can argue the case they we barely lost the 2 games we loss but all in all the bengals will fade out as the season progresses. They cant expect to ebta teams in the last minutes come playoffs

All that matter we are getting wins like we should be and we are back on track!

I also believe that Cincy's luck of winning games literally in the last 20-30 seconds each week is going to run out as well if they continue to keep doing that every single week. This league is too good and has too much parody in it that if the Bengals think they are going to be able to continually live on the edge every single week and win games like they have been it wont happen. Even a great team like the Steelers who were much better last year then the Bengals are this season and won a lot of games in the last minutes last season lost a few close games last season at the end. The bottom line though is the Bengals have won 3 games in the division and are 3-0 at the moment in the AFC North and hold a head to head tiebraker with the Steelers. The game here in November with Cincy looms large and it's going to determine a lot to what could happen the rest of the way in this division.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
They played inspired yesterday, their DC just lost his wife a day before the game. Good for them, they deserved that! Their D shut down a HOT Flacco offense at HOME!

My hat goes off to them (yesterday). Now it's back on and they will start coming down from the high they are on!!

Scorp
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
It does not matter if the bengals are winning right now. The season is still young and there is plenty of football left and they still have to lose to the Steelers, either twice or once out of both of thier meetings. I just hope the so called cardiac bungholes don't come back on our turf. That would be unacceptable. Chad Ochostinko did say the bungholes would make the playoffs, did he not? They could win one game or get their butts knocked out in the first round....i think that is what will happen. I say that with all the respect in the world. But i will say they are doin fairly good. Watch out bungholes because here come the Steelers. BenRoethlisbergerSaysHi!!!

lloydfan4life
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
They played inspired yesterday, their DC just lost his wife a day before the game. Good for them, they deserved that!

:iagree:
Although I'm the furtherest thing from a Bungles fan, I was glad they won yesterday for this fact alone.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
:iagree:
Although I'm the furtherest thing from a Bungles fan, I was glad they won yesterday for this fact alone.

Same here, I almost puked hearing all the who dey **** up here in OH! But they played with big hearts and like I said deserved this game!

Scorp
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Ok, Ok. I don't hate the bengals like the patriots and cryboys, so i will say very nice win and congrats. Glad you got the W for the DC coach.

floodcitygirl
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
They played inspired yesterday, their DC just lost his wife a day before the game. Good for them, they deserved that! I truly do feel for the family but they gave him the game ball. They didn't have to win. lol

Silverback 92
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Marathon not a spirit... Bengals are out a head for the moment 11 more games to go how ever