PDA

View Full Version : There is no doubt now, Mendenhall should be starting

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't care when Willie comes back, Rashard showed today that he's got what it takes to be explosive with the ball and get the tough yards. Willie can spell Rashard, because we need 2 good backs just like any other team, but Mendenhall is the future, get him the ball continuously.

For whatever reason the running game went to sleep when the offense went to **** midway through the 3rd quarter till the end of the game. However, from what we've seen Mendenhall has shown back to back weeks now that he's got what we wanted when we drafted him.

LatrobePA
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
He'd had over 100 if they ran the f'n thing in the 2nd half more....BA is stupid sometimes!!

Big T
10-11-2009, 04:36 PM
They definitely didn't run it enough in the second half. Mendy only had 15 carries.

Sir Blitzelot
10-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Rashard Mendenhall has made a believer out of me.

ejsteeler
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I have to agree. This is one of the few times an injury should result in loss of a job. He was number one for a reason and now we know why.

PsychoWard
10-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Agreed!

madtowndrunkard
10-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Once again Arians shows why he's the worst offensive play caller in the NFL. He fails to recognize weaknesses of opposing defenses and exploit them. He has no ability to establish a rhythm on offense. He refuses to go with what is working....rather he just calls plays that he likes or wants to call in certain situations. A good O-coordinator exploits the defense and can sense when your offense has found a rythm....and then sticks with it until the defense proves they can stop it.

In the 2nd half we should have been running the ball all over Detroit and just eating up clock. Mendenhall should have had another 150+ yard day. I realize Detroit could not stop the pass either, but IMO if you can run....run. Our inability to eat up the clock in the 2nd half has kept every team we've played in the game. That's what is missing on offnese.....that back breaking run to get first downs and eat up clock. Run the @#$^ing clock down to 1 second before you snap the friggen ball. Wear down the defense and keep the opponents offense on the sideline. When you do that you also take away their spirit.

Those punts we had in the 2nd half were totally on Arians. Why are we running deep routes in game were we are up significantly...on a team that can't stop our running game???!!!! Why? 2-3 sacks later and a punt...and bam! Detroit has found something to fight for.....suddenly they are 8 points away in a game that we kicked their @!$%!! up and down the field. 3 weeks in a row the same BS. Tomlin needs to grow a pair and put Arians in his place.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I was fully expecting Mendenhall to be over 100 yds by the end of the 3rd quarter, and he should have been. This kid just needs as much reps as you can force feed him; we do that and he's going to be everything we need and then some!

Iron City South
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't care when Willie comes back, Rashard showed today that he's got what it takes to be explosive with the ball and get the tough yards. Willie can spell Rashard, because we need 2 good backs just like any other team, but Mendenhall is the future, get him the ball continuously.

For whatever reason the running game went to sleep when the offense went to **** midway through the 3rd quarter till the end of the game. However, from what we've seen Mendenhall has shown back to back weeks now that he's got what we wanted when we drafted him.

I would have agreed with this last year had Mendenhall not gotten injured.

Mendy is "the man" .... :tt02:

Zachintosh66
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
i hope... but i wouldnt hold your breath

TEEMONT
10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah...Mendenhall should be the starter. But in Willie's defense, the D's we have played the last two weeks have been less than stellar.

I fully expect typical fans to start busting Mendy's chops when he has a game with less than 4 YPC.

Steelersfan
10-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah...Mendenhall should be the starter. But in Willie's defense, the D's we have played the last two weeks have been less than stellar.

I fully expect typical fans to start busting Mendy's chops when he has a game with less than 4 YPC.

To me it's the way he is running and not just the yards Tee. Parker just didn't look to have it this year. Was slow making decisions, was slow hitting the hole and was even slow taking it to the outside. Mendenhall really looks to be hitting things hard which includes hitting the D in the mouth.

Captcoolhand
10-11-2009, 11:19 PM

Dude, how long are you going to ride Parkers' jock to you realize the guy's a bum and will continue to waste air and breathe playing on this team.
You compare what Mendenhall has done these past to weeks to what you call Below Steller D's but what the hell did Parker do the first three games he played? You saying they were better, same or what? Mendy did more it the past 2 games than Parker did in first three and Mendy is just going to get better with time.

I suggest that you face the facts that it's looking to be time for you to bid farewell to all your Parker jeresy's(and your girls pink one too) and except the fact that Parker will not be the player he once was for this team.

Captcoolhand
10-11-2009, 11:28 PM
To me it's the way he is running and not just the yards Tee. Parker just didn't look to have it this year. Was slow making decisions, was slow hitting the hole and was even slow taking it to the outside. Mendenhall really looks to be hitting things hard which includes hitting the D in the mouth.
You have to see SF, they are both putting on a good preformance. Mendenhall calls his the north/south dash and Parker preforms the East/West side step jig (aka Texas 2 step):duh:

Big T
10-12-2009, 12:48 AM
I am a huge Willie Parker fan and, as much as it pains me to say this, Mendenhall should be the starter with Willie coming in as a change-of-pace back. The way Mendenhall runs the ball is exactly what this team needs and it is something Willie hasn't done the last two years. He is reading his blocks and hitting the holes with explosiveness and authority. He is breaking tackles and running away with his speed. This is what he was doing at Illinois and why we drafted him in the first. Rashard Mendehall is leading the lead in yards after contact with over 3 yards...he needs to be the starter and I hope te coaching staff sees that too.

Ps. He can put up some HUGE numbers on Cleveland's very subpar rush D.

Dean Denton
10-12-2009, 05:02 AM
I am still not sold on Mendy being the guy. When he can post big numbers againsts teams like the Ravens or Vikings, then I'm in. But he's played against the Chargers and the Lions. Willie owns the Chargers, so its no shocker Mendy burnt them too. And come on people, it was the Lions. In 15 carrries he should of had 200 yards. Lets just see if the guy can play 5 weeks without getting hurt or he can hold a good average....

ToothAche
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I like how Mendenhall turns his body sideways going through the holes. He is able to make himself skinny when he has to, but yet still lower his pads and bash into would be tacklers. He does exactly the same thing Bettis used to do. I am not comparing him to Bettis though, don't hold me to that. Parker just doesn't hit the holes well, and I really think he has lost a step.
I think Parker has changed from being that hard working undrafted free agent with a chip on his shoulder to being a wanna be superstar that is in denial of his depleting talent. I hope he proves me wrong, THIS year, not next year.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I am still not sold on Mendy being the guy. When he can post big numbers againsts teams like the Ravens or Vikings, then I'm in. But he's played against the Chargers and the Lions. Willie owns the Chargers, so its no shocker Mendy burnt them too. And come on people, it was the Lions. In 15 carrries he should of had 200 yards. Lets just see if the guy can play 5 weeks without getting hurt or he can hold a good average....

Nobody can normally post huge numbers on these guys. But don't be suprised to see him do it!

He breaks tackles and runs people over.

TEEMONT
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Dude, how long are you going to ride Parkers' jock to you realize the guy's a bum and will continue to waste air and breathe playing on this team.
You compare what Mendenhall has done these past to weeks to what you call Below Steller D's but what the hell did Parker do the first three games he played? You saying they were better, same or what? Mendy did more it the past 2 games than Parker did in first three and Mendy is just going to get better with time.

I suggest that you face the facts that it's looking to be time for you to bid farewell to all your Parker jeresy's(and your girls pink one too) and except the fact that Parker will not be the player he once was for this team.

Are you letting HoS write your post's? I'll give your opinion consideration when you learn the english language.

It didn't matter who played the last two games (unless is was Issac Redman) we were going to have decent running games. Would Willie have a +3 yards a yards after contact? Nope. Medny is running hard right now. However, just like everyone does after any Willie 100 yard game, I'll do it here, let him do it against a good D. The Chargers were missing a very good NT, and well the Lions are...the Lions.

I hope playing these bad teams gives Mendy some confidence, b/c he was missing that. But I'm not going to trade my Parker Jersey in for a Medny one until he has a good game against a top 15 D (and my wife doesnt have a pink jersey, she thinks girls who wear pink jerseys are stupid bitches).

The biggest reason I'll still cling to Willie's jock is that I was pretty much the only one here who thought Faneca was worth what he wanted. Look at what has happened to the line since Faneca left. We gave Max Starks how much?

Anyways, I was agreeing with the first post of the thread. Mendy has to be the starter, he is getting paid to be the starter, and was drafted to be the starter. He has been running harder than Parker this year. Like I said though, Parker probably woulda dropped 100+ againt the Chargers too, just not 165 or whatever Mendy had.

ejsteeler
10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Agreed, but Parker has not been able to rack up yardage on good D's either. We need to go with the future here and let Mendy learn how.
And this pains me because I am a huge Parker fan but it is what it is...:dunno:

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey BA run the damn ball, 15 carries wasn't enough!

Mendy and a healthy Parker will be hard to stop! That is if we run the BALL!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Listening to Deshea on Sirius today, he was like " Rashard would have gotten another 150 yds yesterday if we would have given him more carries in the 2nd half". Even he knows that giving Mendenhall the ball is a recipe for success with this team. He talked about the offense not being able to run out the clock yesterday and the defense not doing it's job in getting off the field on 3rd down. This team is so close to being dominant again that if we could just bottle up the first half and save it for the 2nd half we'd be 5-0 right now.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Have I said today our OC is lousy??

ejsteeler
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Have I said today our OC is lousy??

you may have mentioned that before......:grin1:

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
you may have mentioned that before......:grin1:

I'm done, just wanted to be heard! lol :rant2: