PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt Smith wins 'Dancing with the Stars'

AZ_Steeler
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06320/738853-66.stm

NEW YORK -- Emmitt Smith danced off with the mirror ball.

The three-time Super Bowl champion, who proved to be as nimble on his feet in the ballroom as on the football field, was named the winner of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" last night. With the victory came the glittering trophy.

The NFL's all-time leading rusher beat out actor Mario Lopez.

The hunky, dimpled Mr. Lopez was generally regarded as the series most dynamic celebrity dancer, but the public's vote, the deciding factor after the contestants had tied in the judges' tally at Tuesday's final dance-off, brought Mr. Smith the victory.

"It is awesome! It is awesome!" declared Mr. Smith, after hugging his professional dance partner, Cheryl Burke. "We came a long way, we really have."
I can't say that I watched it, but I did some some highlights and the dude can move!!

Hawk Believer
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I think he lost his HOF spot though. They would never allow anyone in who has worn outfits like they do on that show.

House of Steel
11-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Dancing with the Stars is for sissies. GOODNESS!!! Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, who next? Terry Bradshaw?

Hburg
11-17-2006, 02:47 AM
It's not surprising Emmitt Smith won a dance competition, the entire thing is one long touchdown celebration!

I don't think it's sissy to know how to dance. The outfits were made to be flashy because it's a TV show. It's all ratings.

BuFu

Prosdo
11-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Looking at the clips Emmitt sure can move. Those outfits are just wow though lol.