PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

SteelerSteve
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
So here we are 4 games into the season and Ben just had his second 300 yard game and a couple of games that were pretty close. With 5 td's 4 int's , 1,193 yards and a 98.1 passer rating, what are your thoughts on his play thus far? I think he has come along ways from being the game manager that he was always accused of being in his earlier seasons and has shown that if the running game is struggling, which other than the SD game, it kinda has, then he can take over and win a game with his arm. I think most of us have figured out that he is an elite qb without question. But it makes me wonder if he will start getting more media attention now that he has been putting up these "star fantasy qb" numbers. I really think that this year is gonna be a breakout year for Ben of sorts as he is entering the beginning of what could be his "prime" more or less.

Big T
10-10-2009, 01:50 AM
He's definitely having a great start...I think we would all agree that 3 of his 4 INTs weren't necessarily his fault. One was a hail Mary at the end of the half, he was hit just as he threw on another, and one santonio ran the wrong route. So he is really having a great season and you can tell by his 73.something% completion which would be even higher if Santonio, Limas, and Hines(just against San Diego) didnt have the dropsies....I'm fully expecting an All-Pro season from him.

greennick
10-10-2009, 02:26 AM
He would have something like 3 more TD's if his WR's managed to hang on to the ball!

yinzer
10-10-2009, 11:20 AM
he's on pace to have another pro bowl season. best qb in the league.

ejsteeler
10-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Getting better every year, he is coming into his own this year. He is still young and can grow even more. Scary for the rest if you think about it........

75Steeler
10-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Ben is really on top of his game and he keeps getting better. That video of him wired up for the SD game shows he is really having fun with his work as well. I'm sure it isn't as much fun when they are losing but just the same Ben is putting up some awesome numbers.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Holmes dropped a TD against the Bears and Sweed dropped one against the Bengals so he could have two more TD passes.....I always wanted Ben to have more control of the offense and really wanted the Steelers to pass more then run the ball....In the NFL today you score points through the passing game and really set up the run with the pass.....Let Ben put an air show all year.....

ejsteeler
10-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Holmes dropped a TD against the Bears and Sweed dropped one against the Bengals so he could have two more TD passes.....I always wanted Ben to have more control of the offense and really wanted the Steelers to pass more then run the ball....In the NFL today you score points through the passing game and really set up the run with the pass.....Let Ben put an air show all year.....

:yellowthumb: :cope:

Phenomenal TJ
10-10-2009, 10:26 PM
He's progressing nicely. The most important thing about him is his coolness under pressure and the way he gets his teammate's to believe in him.

They trust him to do his job, and that's why we're so successful.

Definitely a top five quarterback in the NFL.

75Steeler
10-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Cool under pressure.... that is Ben for sure! I hope everything is still cool in the 4th Qtr.

:herewego:

Bigsnacks
10-11-2009, 01:09 AM
ya not worried Big Ben will come through like he always does.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Big Ben loves this offense, This is what Ben wanted to do since he came into the league, but we were a run first team then, now we are more balanced, this is gonna be an break out passer year for Ben......