PDA

View Full Version : Sweed out of the doghouse!

LatrobePA
10-09-2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT/all_tags/today

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/PIT/all_tags/today

I think Sweed is going to make a lot of his critics on this board eat some crow this week. Mark my words.

LatrobePA
10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I think Sweed is going to make a lot of his critics on this board eat some crow this week. Mark my words.

I'd have to agree! Can I get mine with ketchup? lol

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd have to agree! Can I get mine with ketchup? lol

Not on a roll with some fries and coleslaw??? I thought this was a Steelers board?:lol:

LatrobePA
10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Not on a roll with some fries and coleslaw??? I thought this was a Steelers board?:lol:

Heinz Ketchup will due just fine! :yellowthumb:

You guys better take care of biz and bring the bungles back down to reality!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Heinz Ketchup will due just fine! :yellowthumb:

You guys better take care of biz and bring the bungles back down to reality!

This is a crucial game for Baltimore. A lot of tough games ahead and we're coming off a loss. If the Ravens lose this one, I can see things spiraling out of control.

BlackGold4vr
10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
This is a crucial game for Baltimore. A lot of tough games ahead and we're coming off a loss. If the Ravens lose this one, I can see things spiraling out of control.

Cinci will fade and the AFC North will come down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore once again. Mark my words.

:yesnod:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Cinci will fade and the AFC North will come down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore once again. Mark my words.

:yesnod:

I hope so. Sucks that the AFC North has to play the NFC North the year they actually have something going for them.

Scorp
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Sweed better pull a mendenhall or else a trade might be coming up. Sweed has one more shot at making us all believers in him. BenRoethlisbergerSaysHi!!! And our 6 Lombardis.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm glad Tomlin benched Sweed for a game to send a message.....Just like Tomlin did with Mendenhall....I'm also very glad that Tomlin is dressing Sweed soon rather then later.....Now it would be nice for Ben to get Sweed in the mix early in the game to get Sweed into the flow of the game.....Problem is you have two Super Bowl MVPs at WR who want their touches and Heath Miller having a monster year in receptions so far......But still Ben should make a point to get Sweed the ball early......

scott0326
10-09-2009, 07:48 PM

I hope so, I've been one of Sweed's biggest critics, if he produces, ill stop the hate on him.

igor0190
10-09-2009, 08:00 PM
He will... He's got the hard part down. Just needs to catch the ball.

75Steeler
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
No doubt Sweed knows the playbook now if we can get the man to catch the ball we will be in fine shape. Tomlin is a hell of a motivator of men and a hell of a coach. He has a plan for Sweed just like Mende.

:cope:

SteelerSteve
10-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Hit him with some short routes maybe early on. I think though he really NEEDS a TD reception or two to get the endzone jitters out of him that he has had.

K Train
10-10-2009, 12:27 AM
force feed him the ball...he will make the most of it, get the guy in a rhythm

GravitaZ
10-10-2009, 07:39 AM
I have trust in Sweed. He is an amazing route runner and super fast. If he can figure out how to catch the mall he's going to be a major threat

Captcoolhand
10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
:crossfingers: I just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Fred Gibson!!!!!!!!!!

Phenomenal TJ
10-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I stand by what I've written, Sweed is done and it's now the Mike Wallace era.

LatrobePA
10-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Put him back in, mr. dropsie!!

JensK
10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Put him back in, mr. dropsie!!

There is not one WR on the Steeler rooster who makes that catch. Its throw behind him, and the defender was all over him. It was not bad by Sweed, that was just good defensive play by whoever...

LatrobePA
10-11-2009, 05:01 PM
There is not one WR on the Steeler rooster who makes that catch. Its throw behind him, and the defender was all over him. It was not bad by Sweed, that was just good defensive play by whoever...

He's in the spotlight and every drop is a big one (at least for me)!

JensK
10-11-2009, 05:04 PM
He's in the spotlight and every drop is a big one (at least for me)!

Well if thats the case, its flat our retarted to go to Sweed on a 3 and 7. The guy probably got zero confidence right now, which is why he needs some easy touches, not an important 3 and 7 which is thrown behind him...

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2009, 05:24 PM
It would have been a tough catch but it's still a ball that Limas Sweed needs to come up with seeing everything he does is being thrown under a microscope now...

CNY_STEELER_FAN
10-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Sweed did well this pre-season (and allegedly in practice), but the number of times he's targeted for a pass versus his catches would get into anyone's head...and that's not an easy thing to fix.

For those saying he just needs more reps during the games, while I don't disagree, I would be concerned about the potential negative affect on our fast starts the past few games; and he really needs to take advantage of the opportunities given to him (like Mike Wallace did).

Regardless, he has shown too much talent and will be back at least one more year (we kept Washington for 4+ years and Sweed looks to have more potential)...so I wouldn't get too concerned even if Tomlin sits him down for a few more games.

Personally, I'd like to hear that he'll be run ragged for the rest of this season, catching balls for a few hours before and after each day of practice...so he's tired enough that he is just playing football and not worried about whether he makes the catch.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 08:54 AM
How can you not throw Wallace the ball? The dude blows the top off coverage, yea he made a drop but redeemed himself on an under thrown ball for a TD! It's getting harder and harder to look Sweeds way!

Sweed isn't right! Yea the pass was a tough one, but it was catchable!

ToothAche
10-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Well if thats the case, its flat our retarted to go to Sweed on a 3 and 7. The guy probably got zero confidence right now, which is why he needs some easy touches, not an important 3 and 7 which is thrown behind him...

He is an NFL receiver. He should have made that catch. But, I think we should have thrown to someone else. But, Brucey Boy is a big fan of psychology, he does the opposite of what he thinks the other team is thinking, unless the other team is thinking the same thing he is thinking, in which he will then do what the other team is thinking what he should be thinking. Its that simple. :thinking:

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 09:19 AM
He is an NFL receiver. He should have made that catch. But, I think we should have thrown to someone else. But, Brucey Boy is a big fan of psychology, he does the opposite of what he thinks the other team is thinking, unless the other team is thinking the same thing he is thinking, in which he will then do what the other team is thinking what he should be thinking. Its that simple. :thinking:

Thanks!

Mendy had 15 carries, why??? BA goes from outstanding to wtf!

TEEMONT
10-12-2009, 09:31 AM

I marked your words....lol. I still dont know what crow tastes like.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I marked your words....lol. I still dont know what crow tastes like.

lol I was feeling it Friday, but I'm with you what does it taste like??

lloydfan4life
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM

:scratch: huh? :lol:

coldrolled
10-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks!

Mendy had 15 carries, why??? BA goes from outstanding to wtf!

Mendy was only averaging 5.1 yards per carry... so cut that off. :banging:

BA might be looking for a 6.2 average to keep on running for a whole game :thinking:

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Mendy was only averaging 5.1 yards per carry... so cut that off. :banging:

BA might be looking for a 6.2 average to keep on running for a whole game :thinking:

LOL, BA is crap 4 weeks good 1. I can't stand it!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
This is life in the NFL right now; if you're Willie Parker or Limas Sweed right now you are thinking to yourself "man when am I going to get my chance to shine again". In Sweeds case, the more Wallace gets open and makes plays like he did yesterday the more and more Sweed will see the bench. I really want Sweed to be successful, we spent a 2nd round pick on the dude, and you can't have too many good WR's. I would imagine he's probably not in the doghouse anymore at this point unless he's sitting around feeling sorry for himself and Tomlin isn't ready to put him back in. He needs to take a lesson from Mendenhall and get his act together.

As for Parker, we're still going to need him because Mendenhall can't carry the ball every running play of every game so sooner or later he's going to be in the lineup but unless he's totally blind he sees the writing on the wall now.