PDA

View Full Version : Refs giving Pats' Tom Brady special treatment?

Captcoolhand
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh seems to think that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is getting special treatment from the refs. He believes it so much that he is reportedly going to submit film to the NFL to prove his point, according to the Boston Globe.

Harbaugh apparently thinks that Brady was treated better by the refs than his own quarterback, Joe Flacco, was during the Ravens' 27-21 loss on Sunday. He seems to think that the Ravens got called on penalties whenever Brady got touched while any Patriot-to-Flacco hits went unnoticed by the refs.

Two Patriots touchdowns in the first half occurred after a roughing-the-passer penalty against the Ravens help set things up for New England. The officiating crew for the game on Sunday is apparently known for calling a lot of penalties, but that seemed to work against the Ravens.http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7015/crya.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/crya.jpg/)

HUNT4SEVEN
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
This is nothing new...........

yinzer
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
my biggest problem with this is that the refs are so friggin inconsistent. Ben hasn't had a roughing the passer call since the baltimore game in 2007.

floodcitygirl
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I didn't watch that game but saw some highlights, one of which was a roughing call. It was totally ridiculous. The guy barely touched him!

75Steeler
10-08-2009, 08:45 PM
We could be saying the same thing about the calls against Hines during the Bungles game. Jeez you break one jaw and they never let you forget about it!!!!

Hit another one Hines we will be watching!

:cope:

Scorp
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
This smells like the season of the refs. What say you?

steelersforever1983
10-09-2009, 01:22 AM
they need to get rid of most of the ****** roughing penalties against qbs. you can't touch them except in the chest. plus league loves offense not defense which bullshit ever since the mel blount rule.

ejsteeler
10-09-2009, 10:10 AM
yep, taking away from the game in my opinion. Let them play. :yesnod:

LarryNJ
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm really tired of all the whining and crying about the refs. Especially from the biggest whiner Ray Lewis. Refs have made good and bad calls since the first game ever played. The rules are made in today's game to protect the QB. The star players are always going to get more calls than the others in every game and in every league. Like him or not Brady is a huge star, he has earned it in his performance, he will always get a few calls until the day he retires.

The fact remainds that Pats own the Ravens just like we do. I guess if you are a Raven or Raven fan that's a tough thing to deal with. Having a good team but not being able to beat the best. Since you can't beat them you mind as well blame it on the refs.

Callax
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
That's right
tommie"crybaby" brady went screaming to the ref's

HE TOUCHED MY KNEE!!

BOOHOO!!

WAWAWA!!!! He touched me!!!
throw the flag!!!!

get out of the league YOU BIG PANSY!!!!!!!
Ben gets hit 10 times more, worse and he's a warrior out there playing the game the way it should be!!!

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME I WILL BE SIDING WITH THE RAVENS!!!

Steelersfan
10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Hell with Brady!

LatrobePA
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Who cares!

Like Rodney Harrison said "Come on Tom take your skirt off and play footbal"

Steelersfan
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Who cares!

:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:

Callax
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Who cares!

Now he's a commentator when he was the dirtiest player in football

:plus1::plus1::plus1::yellowthumb::clap::clap:

LarryNJ
10-09-2009, 01:44 PM

He's the biggest jagoff...

It's not Brady making the calls. Why blame him?

LatrobePA
10-09-2009, 01:53 PM
He's the biggest jagoff...

It's not Brady making the calls. Why blame him?

Brady is a pretty boy, no way the league can have him banged up by those big ugly defenders!

Yes it is his fault, he was calling for the flag after the last so called roughing the passer flag!

Blazedby92
10-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm really tired of all the whining and crying about the refs. Especially from the biggest whiner Ray Lewis. Refs have made good and bad calls since the first game ever played. The rules are made in today's game to protect the QB. The star players are always going to get more calls than the others in every game and in every league. Like him or not Brady is a huge star, he has earned it in his performance, he will always get a few calls until the day he retires.

The fact remainds that Pats own the Ravens just like we do. I guess if you are a Raven or Raven fan that's a tough thing to deal with. Having a good team but not being able to beat the best. Since you can't beat them you mind as well blame it on the refs.

As much as I have to say it this all too true.:plus1:

SteelerSteve
10-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Okay, blaming the refs for a win or a loss is bullshit. I get that, and I am not blaming the refs necessarily. The thing that pisses me off is that you know that the league probably tell the refs to keep the big name guys in the game, I really do. I am pretty sure that if a guy like Shaun Hill or Kevin Kolb or a relative no name qb took that hit, then there would be no penalty. Us as fans can use common sense and tell the difference between a guy maliciously driving a qb into the turf long after the ball is out and barely nudging him as he lets go of the ball. Why cant the refs? They can, the league just cant let the media hogging pretty boys get hurt lol

Dean Denton
10-10-2009, 04:51 AM
Dont hit them in the head, and dont hit them in the knee's. Should take care of this issue. My problem is that its not called on Ben, at all. There are a few others too. I like the fact that its called the Brady rule though....lol

DIESELMAN
10-10-2009, 07:16 PM
When Brady basically taunts the refs into throwing the flags, then sits there with a big smile on his face after they throw it, thats not only bullshit but a pussy act by a pussy QB. Brady barely got touched on those flags. It doesn't matter who is complaining about the unnecessary flags, they are right in doing so. This league is becoming pussified!!!

JensK
10-11-2009, 07:13 AM
All QBs taunt the refs if they don't get the calls they want. The only different thing is that Brady normally gets the calls if he whines, but that is really not his fault - At the end of the day its still the refs who are throwing the yellow flag.