WoodsonsGirl
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
3/4 loaf of white bread
1 c. milk
3/4 c. maple syrup
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 doz. eggs
1 tsp cinnamon

Cut off crust of bread and cube it. In 9 x 13 inch dish, put half of bread. Cube both packages of cheese and drop on top of bread. Sprinkle remaining cubes of bread over cream cheese. Beat together eggs, milk, cinnamon and maple syrup and pour over top of bread and cream cheese.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Serve with warm pancake syrup.

My friend from work surprised us all with breakfast this morning. It is yummy! :drool:

floodcitygirl
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Ohhhh....that sounds good! I wonder how it would taste with whole wheat low carb bread? I know not as good....but maybe ok?

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Ohhhh....that sounds good! I wonder how it would taste with whole wheat low carb bread? I know not as good....but maybe ok?

Try living life a little!! ya should know better then to mess with a good recipe!! lol

steelersgal86
10-09-2009, 07:28 AM
omg....that sounds good...

never tried it but my sister in law said she makes french toast with egg nog instead of milk :dunno: sounds like it would be good

floodcitygirl
10-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Try living life a little!! ya should know better then to mess with a good recipe!! lolHEY BLEEDER! I live but that's the point! I want to stay living! It's hell at times having a family with such a lousy heart history. :evilshake:

Steelersfan
10-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Try living life a little!! ya should know better then to mess with a good recipe!! lol

BnG, I have to say, you got the best sig on here!!!!!...........:tt02:

WoodsonsGirl
10-09-2009, 01:59 PM

I have used whole wheat when I make french toast the regular way and its still yummy. Give it a try. I am sure that if you already like the whole wheat/low carb bread you will love this recipe.

--- Added 10/9/2009 at 11:59 AM ---

The nice part about this recipe is if you have leftovers, no problem. Pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it tastes just as good as it did when it came out of the oven. This will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.

ejsteeler
10-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Can you skip putting it in the fridge over night? Sounds good enough to try this weekend since I will be home for the last weekend until January.....

floodcitygirl
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I have used whole wheat when I make french toast the regular way and its still yummy. Give it a try. I am sure that if you already like the whole wheat/low carb bread you will love this recipe.

Thank you for your support!

Hey Bleeder.......:nahnah: :lol:

lloydfan4life
10-09-2009, 05:16 PM
CHEESE on French Toast??? :yikes: :barf:

WoodsonsGirl
10-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Can you skip putting it in the fridge over night? Sounds good enough to try this weekend since I will be home for the last weekend until January.....

I am not sure EJ. I would say give it a try and see how it turns out. Having it ready the night before and just having to pop it in the oven is a real time saver especially if you have kids that you have to get off to school in the morning. :yellowthumb:

Let us know if you try it.