PDA

View Full Version : Prisco's biggest disappointment is none other than

DanRooney
10-08-2009, 07:40 PM
...none other than Jason Gildong...I mean Jason Woodley...err or Lamarr. Oh hell, they're pretty much having their careers mirror each other. Usually I have no part in Prisco, but this is spot on. The big gorilla has FOUR tackles in FOUR games and that pretty much ends his stat line.

"Biggest disappointment (player): LaMarr Woodley. He doesn't have a sack and I picked him to be the Defensive Player of the Year. He isn't making an impact in other ways either. Runners-up: Merriman, Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth, Texans DE Antonio Smith, Texans RB Steve Slaton, Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell"

On a good note, Ben is honorably mentioned in the MVP runnings :clap:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12332124

Big T
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Let's not crucify him just yet....Jesus

cmerrifield
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Even if Woodley continues to be a disappointment, which I dont think he will be, at least we arent paying him 100m like Haynesworth

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 10:16 PM
4 games into the season, he'll come around. Just wait until this team starts firing on all cylinders, it will be exciting!!

BlackGold4vr
10-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Tomlins soft training camp led our team to start the year out of shape. This explains why the defense looks good in the first half of games and the worst in the 4th quarters. When these guys play themselves into game shape I expect them to play all the way through the 4th quarter. :2cents:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Let's not crucify him just yet....Jesus

Right plus i think the extra weight he put on has slowed him down some:yesnod:

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I think Tomlins soft training camp led our team to start the year out of shape. This explains why the defense looks good in the first half of games and the worst in the 4th quarters. When these guys play themselves into game shape I expect them to play all the way through the 4th quarter. :2cents:

What he said!

Stlrs4Life
10-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Woodley will be fine!

Big T
10-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Consensus: LaMarr will be fine...I fully expect him to have a huge game this weekend...he has to, I'll be there.

Ironman
10-09-2009, 03:48 AM
we arent paying him 100m like Haynesworth

Haynesworth is the biggest disappointment. He's the 100 million dollar man, and his team can hardly win... They are 22nd in rush defense, and Haynesworth only has 1 sack. The Redskins only have 7 sacks total. Haynesworth is suppose to draw the automatic double-team, freeing up the ends and inside linebackers - that has not happened.

As far as Woodley... I'm very disappointed in his overall play, not just the lack of sacks, but his lack of pressure, his missed tackles, his loose coverage. It's still early, so he can turn it around. I haven't given up on him, especially since we got the Lions this week. I think he's going up against Gosder Cherilus, not exactly a pro-bowler, but he has talent. The Lions o-line has let up 10 sacks, so they are very penetrable.

Crucifixions only happen after week 12.... it's in the rule book.

K Train
10-09-2009, 04:17 AM
not worried about him, harrison isnt exactly lighting up the sack category either.

collins, rivers, cutler are 3 of the quickest releases in the league...palmer, not so much but he will break out sooner or later, especially if he wants to cash in

Big T
10-09-2009, 04:36 AM
not worried about him, harrison isnt exactly lighting up the sack category either.

collins, rivers, cutler are 3 of the quickest releases in the league...palmer, not so much but he will break out sooner or later, especially if he wants to cash in

Agree...though James does have 3 sacks and 3 FF(which is tied for 1st in the league) I'm not worried about LaMarr, especially considering the RTs he will be going against the next few games.

yinzer
10-09-2009, 09:07 AM

um.... the steelers have DOMINATED time of possession the past 4 games. it's not their conditioning. it's the **** poor vanilla play calling in the fourth quarter. that's on lebeau and tomlin.

Steelersfan
10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
um.... the steelers have DOMINATED time of possession the past 4 games. it's not their conditioning. it's the **** poor vanilla play calling in the fourth quarter. that's on lebeau and tomlin.

Against Chicago and Cincy I would agree with you. But the Chargers game it looked like they started bringing it a little more instead of just sitting back. Didn't really work well but at least they tried to bring it. The D is just not getting to the QB in time whether it be because of Troy being out or whatever other reason. I for one think it is because (and always has been) our DB's don't hit the WR's enough at the line to disrupt the quick passes.

Captcoolhand
10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The D is just not getting to the QB in time whether it be because of Troy being out or whatever other reason. I for one think it is because (and always has been) our DB's don't hit the WR's enough at the line to disrupt the quick passes.Maybe because our DB's are to young/short/inexperience/old/etc etc to handle the bigger WR they face....:dunno:
Grant it, it's common for CB's to be shorter than 6', but it doesn't help when all of ours are except Taylor and we all know what his problem is. :stirpot:

Steelersfan
10-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Maybe because our DB's are to young/short/inexperience/old/etc etc to handle the bigger WR they face....:dunno:
Grant it, it's common for CB's to be shorter than 6', but it doesn't help when all of ours are except Taylor and we all know what his problem is. :stirpot:

You just gave them every excuse there is.......lmao!.....:hilarious: Ike has proven he can shut down any WR in the NFL. I'm not sold on Gay right now.

Captcoolhand
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
You just gave them every excuse there is.......lmao!.....:hilarious: Ike has proven he can shut down any WR in the NFL. I'm not sold on Gay right now.
I'm not sold on any of our DB's right now as a whole. but wasn't it Gay that allowed Gates that TD last week where Gates completely had 8-10" reach over him. :dunno:

Our LB's for the most part carry the game 2/3 the way but when it falls back to the DB's towards the end, they are openly exposed.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-09-2009, 03:32 PM

Ive said this before and Ill say it again the soft training camp has nothing to do at all with why the Steelers lost to the Bears and the Bengals. People want to keep overlooking Troy being out and that's fine but in my opinion as Ive stated numerous times Troy being out on the defense is equivilant to Ben being out and not playing on offense. He means that much and is that important to this defense. And if you say otherwise then you must not watch this defense enough and watch Troy enough and what he can do.

The drop off from Polamalu to Carter is huge. You wont convince me at all that if Troy wasnt playing in both of those games that he doesnt knock down or intercept the Johnny Knox TD that Carter gave up late in the game in Chicago which was a complete floater and hung up there forever. And you also wont convince me otherwise that Troy wouldnt have made a play in the Cincy game on that last series either whether it had been the 4th and 10 play or maybe picking one of those passes off that went into the end zone. Troy also would have caught Cedric Benson on that TD he scored to make it 20-16 around the edge since Carter was so slow he wasnt anywhere near close to catching him because he is Carter and he stinks.

Are you going to blame Limas Sweed dropping a TD pass right in his hands on a soft training camp as well?? Are you going to blame Jeff Reed missing a 38 and 43 yard FG in Chicago that probably would have sealed the game for the Steelers on a soft training camp?? If both of those things happen the Steelers are probably 4-0 and we arent talking about the defense and it's 4th quarter troubles. Those plays lost both of those games for the Steelers just as much as their defense did when push comes to shove...

yinzer
10-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Ive said this before and Ill say it again the soft training camp has nothing to do at all with why the Steelers lost to the Bears and the Bengals. People want to keep overlooking Troy being out and that's fine but in my opinion as Ive stated numerous times Troy being out on the defense is equivilant to Ben being out and not playing on offense. He means that much and is that important to this defense. And if you say otherwise then you must not watch this defense enough and watch Troy enough and what he can do.

The drop off from Polamalu to Carter is huge. You wont convince me at all that if Troy wasnt playing in both of those games that he doesnt knock down or intercept the Johnny Knox TD that Carter gave up late in the game in Chicago which was a complete floater and hung up there forever. And you also wont convince me otherwise that Troy wouldnt have made a play in the Cincy game on that last series either whether it had been the 4th and 10 play or maybe picking one of those passes off that went into the end zone. Troy also would have caught Cedric Benson on that TD he scored to make it 20-16 around the edge since Carter was so slow he wasnt anywhere near close to catching him because he is Carter and he stinks.

Are you going to blame Limas Sweed dropping a TD pass right in his hands on a soft training camp as well?? Are you going to blame Jeff Reed missing a 38 and 43 yard FG in Chicago that probably would have sealed the game for the Steelers on a soft training camp?? If both of those things happen the Steelers are probably 4-0 and we arent talking about the defense and it's 4th quarter troubles. Those plays lost both of those games for the Steelers just as much as their defense did when push comes to shove...

hmmm.... well, i guess you forgot that troy was on the field during the first of the titans' marches down the field.

troy being gone on defense absolutely does not equal ben being gone on offense. this team only goes as far as ben does.

when troy's on the field, this defense is outstanding. without troy, the defense is good.

Troyisabeast_43
10-10-2009, 06:04 PM
hmmm.... well, i guess you forgot that troy was on the field during the first of the titans' marches down the field.

troy being gone on defense absolutely does not equal ben being gone on offense. this team only goes as far as ben does.

when troy's on the field, this defense is outstanding. without troy, the defense is good.

That's fine if you think that and that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. The bottom line is though even though teams do get yards and drive on the Steelers when Troy is in there, the guy still makes big big plays when you absolutely need to have them. Which is why I am saying on either the Knox TD in the Bears game or the Benson TD in the Bengals game or on the last drive of that game Troy probably makes some sort of play to prevent a TD or a first down from occuring which most likely would have made the difference between a win and a loss. Say what you want about Troy being out not being that important, but the way this defense looks so far this year without Troy if you think they are going to win another Super Bowl without Troy Polamalu playing at his absolute best and not being in there then it wont happen. If Troy Polamalu is not playing for this team on defense or out of the lineup come later on in the year or come playoff team the Steelers are not going to win another Super Bowl this year.

DanRooney
10-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Speaking of Ike, he's been playing some good football for the past 3 weeks. Willie Gay is absolutely horrid.

Phenomenal TJ
10-10-2009, 10:34 PM
He's near the top of the team in QB Pressures...but ok..

spyboots
10-11-2009, 03:15 AM
With Troy out, the defense has had to use other schemes, at times putting the OLBs back more to help in coverage. This'll change once Troy is back.

DanRooney
10-11-2009, 04:57 AM
He's near the top of the team in QB Pressures...but ok..

Near the top of the team at qb pressures... :thinking:

you do realize he's an outside linebacker playing in a 3-4 right?

JensK
10-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Have a look here: http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=7919

yinzer
10-11-2009, 10:36 AM
That's fine if you think that and that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. The bottom line is though even though teams do get yards and drive on the Steelers when Troy is in there, the guy still makes big big plays when you absolutely need to have them. Which is why I am saying on either the Knox TD in the Bears game or the Benson TD in the Bengals game or on the last drive of that game Troy probably makes some sort of play to prevent a TD or a first down from occuring which most likely would have made the difference between a win and a loss. Say what you want about Troy being out not being that important, but the way this defense looks so far this year without Troy if you think they are going to win another Super Bowl without Troy Polamalu playing at his absolute best and not being in there then it wont happen. If Troy Polamalu is not playing for this team on defense or out of the lineup come later on in the year or come playoff team the Steelers are not going to win another Super Bowl this year.

OK, i'll say it again... Losing Ben would be DETRIMENTAL. Losing Troy is NOT. That's not an opinion. It's a fact.

I will say this before somebody tries to flame my posts... Troy is probably the best athlete in the NFL. He's phenomenal. Our D is unstoppable with Troy in there. But you originally said that "LOSING TROY IS THE SAME AS LOSING BEN"... which is just ridiculous.

The Pittsburgh Steelers go as far as Ben Roethlisberger goes.

Phenomenal TJ
10-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Near the top of the team at qb pressures... :thinking:

you do realize he's an outside linebacker playing in a 3-4 right?

Apparently the post I was trying to quote didn't show up. That was in reply to the post that said he had three tackles and then his statline was done.

And indeed I do.

DanRooney
10-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Heh OLBs should be at the top of the QB pressures, and I'm sure he's no where near Jamie Harrison regarding that stat. Woodley needs to step it up or be put in Tomlin's fathouse like Casey was last season. Bulking up 20 lbs in the offseason was obviously a dumb move.