PDA

View Full Version : OC candidates:...........

SteelerAllDay
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I posted this couple of weeks ago with not much in put. BA has gotten a lot of criticism, and rightly so, for this game calling. A lot of fans have asked for his head and that we should get another OC. My question is who are some of the names that you guys would like to see heading up O if BA gets canned. Which won't happen if we go to Super Bowl again.

K Train
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
it wont happen period...theres been no talk of arians being on the hotseat and he shouldnt be. people want him gone so bad, hes not the problem

cmerrifield
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I like BA's plays not just his play calling, I am said this several times and will say it again. BA's plays and his being the OC is fine, we just need to give Ben more controll over play calling, like call in three plays like the Colts do for Manning and let Ben call the plays. I am convinced that's what has made the Colts offense so good, Peyton is a natural and so is Ben at calling plays.

K Train
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
ben doesnt have nearly the work ethic of peyton, no one really does

cmerrifield
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
ben doesnt have nearly the work ethic of peyton, no one really does

So are you saying that Ben wouldnt be good at this? Or just that he doesnt work hard enough for this? or it only works because Peyton works so hard?

K Train
10-08-2009, 02:31 PM
ben is more of a broken play guy...he would call a play at the line in a hurry up and no matter what make the most of it. peyton is a study the film for hours and know what they are trying to do inside out. ben doesnt get the same kind of trust from the coaches that peyton does because he really doesnt prepare like peyton does

DIESELMAN
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
For the first time in a while, I thought the play calling throughout the whole game was right on against SD. If we can maintain that kind of execution we had sunday nite throughout the season, it will be very hard for anyone to beat us. IMHO Bens on the run style is more out of survival then anything else, with Ben having more time to breathe in the pocket, he has time to pick apart the D, he is that talented.The big plus is he can play either way and that makes him and our offense that more dangerous.

SteelCityKid5
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I would still like to see a 3 & 3 I-formation and us not in shotgun formation... who knows... maybe with mendy we can

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
For real Bruce Arians isn't going to be fired anytime soon so end of topic....I havn't been one of this biggest fans but really he hasn't been a problem in my mind......Only complaint that I have is late in the Bengals I thought the Steelers ran a tad to much in trying to just run the clock out instead of passing for the win........I thought the Steelers went turtle mode there but other then that I thought the play-calling has been very solid this year......

HUNT4SEVEN
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I really thought the offensive play calling has been good this year so far:yesnod:

scott0326
10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I really thought the offensive play calling has been good this year so far:yesnod:

Agreed.

75Steeler
10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't see BA going anywhere in the near future. Ben likes him, and Tomlin likes him Ben has more freedom to call plays since he has matured, Tomlin has come in and Cowher has left. Not saying he will retire the OC with the Steelers but for now he is fine.

:cope:

Dee Mca
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
BA just needs to stop counting on the D to keep the lead late in the game. 3 and Outs in the 4th quarter from the O isn't going to win us many games. Our game plan on D is balls out every down. Never know who's blitzing or how many. No matter how good we are the D is going to be tired come the 4th quarter.

Stlrs4Life
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
What Dieselman said.

Phenomenal TJ
10-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I've got no problems with him at all this year.