PDA

View Full Version : Holmes is #1

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
In drops in the AFC....Will he snap his funk? Last game was a bit better!

K Train
10-08-2009, 11:54 AM
ward had the dropsies last game. holmes has some problems during the rain in chicago, which is understandable

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
ward had the dropsies last game. holmes has some problems during the rain in chicago, which is understandable

Rain, sleet, or snow, they're paid to catch the ball...:greengrin:

75Steeler
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
True ... but he hung on when we needed him most. 2/1/09

K Train
10-08-2009, 12:27 PM
right, im aware....but its forgivable with ****** conditions, especially when the ball is wet and you cant really run on the ****** grass. guess youve never played football

Big T
10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
He'll get his **** together, just like LaMarr will. Santonio is going to have a big game against those Lions DBs.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I love Holmes more then most and really wanted the Steelers to trade up and draft him draft day 2006 and still very glad they did....But Holmes has been vastly inconsistent in his young career so far....He was having a quite season last year until late in the season and then of course his monster post-season.......He had a great game opening game vs the Titans and then three quite games in a row now......Santonio is the number 1 WR on this team though and he does open up many things for Ward, and the other receiving options.....I just would like to see him be alittle more consistent.....

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
right, im aware....but its forgivable with ****** conditions, especially when the ball is wet and you cant really run on the ****** grass. guess youve never played football

Played enough football in the rain, yes you drop some (in high school)! I also don't make a **** load of money to pull in easy catches in light rain!

I guess it's hard to admit he's been a bit off, I'm not bashing his ***, just stating a fact!

Yes he did make the catch that counted, I'm a huge fan, watched him in my back yard at OSU!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-08-2009, 02:25 PM
If Mark Clayton was targeted more often he'd blow Holmes away in this stat.

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
If Mark Clayton was targeted more often he'd blow Holmes away in this stat.

LOL, I won't trade ya man!

ejsteeler
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
The drops have mostly been in the second half and late in the game (didn't check, but that's what I remember). The whole team needs to stay focused all 60 minutes. Doesn't look like it's been happening. 4 behind us, we get straight, I think we have a good chance to make it back. :cope:

yinzer
10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
ward had more drops than holmes last game.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Holmes will be alright! i'm more worried about Sweed than Holmes right now.

lloydfan4life
10-08-2009, 07:30 PM
True ... but he hung on when we needed him most. 2/1/09

:iagree: That memory is still so fresh & sweet that a few drops by him early in the season are quite forgivable. Still.... I'm sure it's not a category he takes pride in being #1 in.

CNY_STEELER_FAN
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm still not completely sold on Holmes ever being a true replacement for Ward, but I'm also giving Holmes a bit of slack and in no way labeling him a Nate Washington. :nono:

In fact, I believe Holmes injured his wrist in either the 2nd or 3rd game this year ... which also might explain a few drops. :thinking:

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
ward had more drops than holmes last game.

I know, but Ward is an old fart, his hands are all dried up! j/k lol

JensK
10-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Holmes will be alright! i'm more worried about Sweed than Holmes right now.

Seeing that Sweed hardly never gets the ball unless its on a deep route (which happens like 2 times in a Steelers game at most with our 3 TE sets), you shouldnt. Untill BA starts to use him in that bunch formation, you wont see much from him.

Troyisabeast_43
10-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Holmes I believe has a little bit of a Super Bowl Hangover still and I still think he has not got that catch he made in the Super Bowl last year completely out of his mind. He is still living off of it seeing that people during the off-season constantly went up to him and said great catch and were just up his *** about it. It's human nature for someone to get like that when you catch a TD like he did of that kind of magnitude. But at some point Holmes has to get out of this time warp he is in with his *** head up his own *** and begin to move on and start focusing on what he needs to do this season and beyond to keep making the Steelers more successful and win more Super Bowls...

Phenomenal TJ
10-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm more concerned with the defense forgetting that there are four quarters to a game than I am with Holmes dropping the ball.