PDA

View Full Version : Parker, Polamalu looking unlikely to play Sunday

Big T
10-07-2009, 08:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/parker-polamalu-looking-unlikely-to-play-against-lions/

I'm not worried about the running game, or the entire offense, come Sunday with or without Willie Parker. I am a little worried about Calvin Johnson though. Ike is going to be shadowing him, which is good, but he is definitely going to need some help over the top. It wouldn't be such a big deal if Troy were to play but with Tyrone back there, I don't know. I think Ike will be fine, he's playing All-Pro caliber, but it would make me feel better if Troy were in there.

I guess Mendenhall is going to get his opportunity to prove that it wasn't a one game thing last weekend. I hope he takes advange. I can see him putting up big numbers again.

You know what the best part is? I will be sitting in section 106, right by the 50 yard line, on the lions side, 16 rows up, sporting my Willie Parker throwback and waving my terrible towel, picking some fights with a few drunk lions fans :cope:

Ibleedblk&gld
10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
we better not drop this game...

as long as troy is back for the vikes game, that's all i'm worried about

HUNT4SEVEN
10-07-2009, 08:38 PM

AGREE 100%

yinzer
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/parker-polamalu-looking-unlikely-to-play-against-lions/

I'm not worried about the running game, or the entire offense, come Sunday with or without Willie Parker. I am a little worried about Calvin Johnson though. Ike is going to be shadowing him, which is good, but he is definitely going to need some help over the top. It wouldn't be such a big deal if Troy were to play but with Tyrone back there, I don't know. I think Ike will be fine, he's playing All-Pro caliber, but it would make me feel better if Troy were in there.

I guess Mendenhall is going to get his opportunity to prove that it wasn't a one game thing last weekend. I hope he takes advange. I can see him putting up big numbers again.

You know what the best part is? I will be sitting in section 106, right by the 50 yard line, on the lions side, 16 rows up, sporting my Willie Parker throwback and waving my terrible towel, picking some fights with a few drunk lions fans :cope:

you're giving too much credit to the lions' qbs. doesn't matter who starts. the lions are toast.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-07-2009, 09:00 PM
LARRY FOOTE :crying:

LatrobePA
10-07-2009, 09:15 PM
If Mendy has a good game I'm betting he'll nail down the starting job.....

ejsteeler
10-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Let them sit and get healthy. If we can't win these next two games without them, we do not deserve to go any further. :imho:

75Steeler
10-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Good! Give Mendenhall another opportunity to show what he is made of and Troy gets to recover properly. Maybe he will be back limited against the Browns and up to full speed against the Vikings when we need him most.

:cope:

Blazedby92
10-07-2009, 09:53 PM

DITTO

SteelerEyeZ
10-07-2009, 10:17 PM
TOTALLY AGREE with you guys...let Troy rest. If we cant win these games (lions and browns) then we shouldnt be in the post-season. Both Troy and Willie will be needed for the Vikings game and needed at 100%. I feel that Mendy will have another 100 plus hard game and prove he is 1st round worthy but the BIG showing better be from the LBs. I wanna see some dam sacks and a few turnovers.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2009, 10:46 PM
If Mendy has a good game I'm betting he'll nail down the starting job.....

Yeah if he does well again this week it's going to be pretty difficult for Tomlin to sit him back down again in favor of Parker.

Stafford is questionable this week also so if he can't go Culpepper will be in. Honestly I want Troy back in a big way but if we're going a setback then let him sit one more week and come back the following week. If our defense can't stop the Lions and if our offense can't put up points against them, we don't deserve to call ourselves defending super bowl champs.

Big T
10-07-2009, 11:01 PM
TOTALLY AGREE with you guys...let Troy rest. If we cant win these games (lions and browns) then we shouldnt be in the post-season. Both Troy and Willie will be needed for the Vikings game and needed at 100%. I feel that Mendy will have another 100 plus hard game and prove he is 1st round worthy but the BIG showing better be from the LBs. I wanna see some dam sacks and a few turnovers.

With Stafford or Culpepper and that Lions Oline, James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley should be lickin their chops. I'm calling it, this week, LaMarr will get his **** together and get atleast 1 mark in the sack column.

Stlrs4Life
10-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, this doesn't surprise me 1 bit. Let Troy heal some more.

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Woodley better get his **** together! But in his defense he's been dropping into coverage a bit more...

Rookie QB a little gimpy vs Cul.??????

steelers4life66
10-08-2009, 01:28 AM
I'd rather Troy didn't play. Gives him another week 2 rest. He'll play in the browns game 2 get back up 2 speed 4 the Vikings.......... Willie who?? :lol:

BIGBEN4MVP
10-08-2009, 03:09 AM
:tt02:ill be there too!!!!!!!!! go steeeeelers!!!:tt02:

JensK
10-08-2009, 07:29 AM
You dont wanna start troy against Vikings if he havnt had a game before that. Farve will destroy even Polamalu if he is rusty. Rest him this week and then play him against Browns.

SteelCityKid5
10-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I think it's the consensus answer to let parker and troy sit for the next two weeks but they cannot drop these to next games. I don't think this is a move because they are weak opponents, I think it's coach t choice to makes sure these two are 100% when they come back and not 75%

cmerrifield
10-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I think Troy should play a few snaps before the Vikings game. I am not sure he should play the whole game against the browns, but Anderson gave the Browns some offense last week and Troy would get a lot of action. Plus, it would be better for the whole defense to get used to him being back in there. I would like to see him rest this week and play maybe a whole half against the Browns

LatrobePA
10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
You dont wanna start troy against Vikings if he havnt had a game before that. Farve will destroy even Polamalu if he is rusty. Rest him this week and then play him against Browns.

Agree 100%

floodcitygirl
10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
You dont wanna start troy against Vikings if he havnt had a game before that. Farve will destroy even Polamalu if he is rusty. Rest him this week and then play him against Browns.I tend to agree with you. The last thing anyone wants is for Troy to reinjure himself but with the 4th quarter issues this team has been having, no game is a gimme, imo. The freakin Bungles beat us. We need Troy back to see if he can be the difference maker particularly at the end of the game.

KemoTherapy
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Big surprise, Willie "I can't go this week coach" Parker can't play this week. What a shock.

cmerrifield
10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Thats fine with me, if Parker has another bad year, no team is going to offer him big bucks, which could allow us to keep him, and make Mendy the starter and Parker the backup and Moore the 3rd down back.

Callax
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
DITTO

WE NEED TROY HEALTHY FOR MINNESOTA!!!!!
FWP, get healthy so you can backup Mendy till you go to GB or Cleveland

Phenomenal TJ
10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm with the majority. If Mendenhall carves up the Lions defense to the tune of 100+ yards and a touchdown, the starting job is his.

Calvin Johnson may not even play, so Ike Taylor shadowing him may be a moot point, and even if he does, I'm not too worried about it, as Ike will have help over the top all day long against him.

The question for me is who gets then start at safety opposite of Ryan Clark? Tyrone Carter? Or are they going to give Deshea Townsend the opportunity as they've been having him practice there.