PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings - Week 5

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

I find the Jets at #5 and the Eagles at #4 to be completely laughable. I'd also say that the Colts probably deserve one of the two top spots. Not sure how but the Steelers dropped a spot with their win over the Chargers and the Ravens maintained their #7 ranking with a loss to the Pats. Go figure.

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I could see the Jets up there but the Eagles in front of them??? WTF??? Jets are looking pretty good and should IMO be up there, sounds about right. We should have gone up at least 1 notch however we still have alot to prove, that loss to Cincy I think killed our power ranking. I believe the Colts look good so up a notch or 2 but at least you didn't go down any.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
These people are on CRACK!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I could see the Jets up there but the Eagles in front of them??? WTF??? Jets are looking pretty good and should IMO be up there, sounds about right. We should have gone up at least 1 notch however we still have alot to prove, that loss to Cincy I think killed our power ranking. I believe the Colts look good so up a notch or 2 but at least you didn't go down any.

I'll say it right now. No playoffs for the Jets this year. The Eagles ranking is absurd, but I could see them in the playoffs. The Steelers should have moved up a bit. The Bengals should have fallen off after edging out the Browns in OT. Colts make strong statement to be #1 right now. Ravens should have dropped after that loss. Gaither's injury and a key special teams injury mean big trouble for the Ravens.

Callax
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

I find the Jets at #5 and the Eagles at #4 to be completely laughable. I'd also say that the Colts probably deserve one of the two top spots. Not sure how but the Steelers dropped a spot with their win over the Chargers and the Ravens maintained their #7 ranking with a loss to the Pats. Go figure.

No I see...
Balt loses, and go up in the standing or stand pat...
tommie brady and the patsies win they go up..
Pitt wins and goes down

it is called a bunch of A$$ CLOWNS running the sofa king we tar ted poll!!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
No I see...
Balt loses, and go up in the standing or stand pat...
tommie brady and the patsies win they go up..
Pitt wins and goes down

it is called a bunch of A$$ CLOWNS running the sofa king we tar ted poll!!!

I think you may be on to something. The Pats win becomes more impressive if the team they beat retains a good ranking. LOL at the Boston/NYC bias in sports media.

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll say it right now. No playoffs for the Jets this year. The Eagles ranking is absurd, but I could see them in the playoffs. The Steelers should have moved up a bit. The Bengals should have fallen off after edging out the Browns in OT. Colts make strong statement to be #1 right now. Ravens should have dropped after that loss. Gaither's injury and a key special teams injury mean big trouble for the Ravens.

Cracks me up about Cincy...they were killing the Browns then I saw the score final...win in OT...I was :rofl:. I know we were up 28 and they were starting to come back but we scored another TD and field goal but how do you go from killing someone to almost losing in OT to the Browns?????? Cincy should have dropped for that game :dontgetit:

Yea Colts do look good and the Saints are looking pretty good as well. Sorry about Gaither....we get Polamalu back this week :banana:

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Saints, Jets, Giants, Vikes, will all fall apart soon....

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 01:12 PM

If the Vikings keep giving Favre all day in the pocket...they will be tough to beat. I pretty much agree on the others.

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2009, 01:17 PM
If the Vikings keep giving Favre all day in the pocket...they will be tough to beat. I pretty much agree on the others.

Drew Brees is having an amazing season so far...the Saints won't fall apart.:imho:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Drew Brees is having an amazing season so far...the Saints won't fall apart.:imho:

I'm always scared to put too much stock into New Orleans.

Ironman
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM

I disagree that the Saints, Giants, and Vike's will fall apart. I'm not sure what your reasoning is, but I think that 3 out of the 4 teams you mentioned will continue to play playoff caliber football.
The Saints have one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL - led by one of the best QB's in the league. They have a very capable defense to back it up, but they do have flaws in that aspect.
The Vike's have Adrian Peterson to rely on even if #4 goes down, and one hell of a defense - among the best D-line crew in the NFL. Their safety unit is somewhat weak, but still very capable because of the strength in their CB crew.
The Giants have one hell of a defense to back up a very capable offense. Their running game is very dangerous, but can be inconsistent. Eli is essential to the offense, so if he goes down, I could see them slipping, but the defense will not fall apart.
The Jets are led by a rookie QB, and haven't had much of a running game so far, so I can sorta agree with that. They do have a very sound defense, but I can see why you would choose them.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 01:39 PM
By the bye week check back in with me, remember these teams mentioned. The cloud they are on will fall a bit as did the Jets.

Eli now has a heel injury that will limit him, they'll add up for the other teams...Nothing against them but peaking at week 4 is never good!

Troyisabeast_43
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Power rankings dont mean anything...The Steelers are never ranked real high in them because most people who do those things dont like the Steelers. All I care about is standings and seedings and tiebrakers for the playoffs and right now the Steelers are in pretty good shape in all 3 of those categories. And when November and December roll around the Steelers will be right there in the thick of things...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Power rankings dont mean anything...The Steelers are never ranked real high in them because most people who do those things dont like the Steelers. All I care about is standings and seedings and tiebrakers for the playoffs and right now the Steelers are in pretty good shape in all 3 of those categories. And when November and December roll around the Steelers will be right there in the thick of things...

They're just meant to stir up discussion/debate...like we've seen in this thread.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Yo Joe, any word on your o-lineman?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Yo Joe, any word on your o-lineman?

Looks like a stinger. Apparently he was too big to fit into the MRI machine in Boston so they flew him back to Baltimore for more tests. Still no word on the results of those tests. The team said his condition is "hopefull".

I guess no one who's 6'9" 350lbs has ever needed an MRI in Boston before. With all their "world-class" medical facilities it strikes me as odd that he would need to fly back to the Ravens camp to be properly examined.

JensK
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I heard someone from the Baltimore camp say that they thought he would come along just fine - Just him being able to fly home to Baltimore was very good news.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I heard someone from the Baltimore camp say that they thought he would come along just fine - Just him being able to fly home to Baltimore was very good news.

Long-term he should be fine. Not sure how many weeks he'll be out though. Even if it isn't a big injury the doctors could keep him off the field for a couple weeks.

JensK
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Long-term he should be fine. Not sure how many weeks he'll be out though. Even if it isn't a big injury the doctors could keep him off the field for a couple weeks.

better safe than sorry with these kind of injuries. I think Boldin missed like a month last year?

K Train
10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
drew brees is not having an amazing season, he has an amazing week one and a good week 2 lol.

vikings and saints are going to be real tough to beat in the nfl, especially since the vikes have a passing game and the saints have a defense.

steelers ranking seems about right, they lost to the bengals, they need to put together a nice littlewin streak to be mentioned with the "best" teams. i think the steelers are the most complete team, they have some things to work out but i have zero doubt they will iron out all those little problems

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree, by week 8 this team will be ready for a run, the others that peaked too soon will be on a downard spiral.

Brees is HOT now, but how will the next 4 weeks pan out??

scott0326
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Saints are a team thats hard to judge, they've won 4 games, they beat Jets who look good and they beat Lions (bad), Eagles (Without McNabb) and Bills. However, next they play Giants which could tell a lot about this team, there playing a pretty good offense and a good D. We'll see how Brees does.

K Train
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I agree, by week 8 this team will be ready for a run, the others that peaked too soon will be on a downard spiral.

brees hasnt thrown a TD in two weeks, hes not exactly on fire, saints are though...they run the ball hard, they play tough defense and everyone has to play the pass first.

the steelers might not be among the elite right now in mos peoples eyes but this is a team no one will want to play come playoff time, i truly feel that way

yinzer
10-06-2009, 08:24 PM

then you must not be aware of Favre's UNCANNY ability to **** the bed when it matters.

Stlrs4Life
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't care what these rankings are, they are meaningless.

75Steeler
10-06-2009, 08:33 PM
His idea of rankings are B/S!!

K Train
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
then you must not be aware of Favre's UNCANNY ability to **** the bed when it matters.

or his uncanny clutchness?...total media whore but he can make things happen, hop off

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 08:55 PM
brees hasnt thrown a TD in two weeks, hes not exactly on fire, saints are though...they run the ball hard, they play tough defense and everyone has to play the pass first.

the steelers might not be among the elite right now in mos peoples eyes but this is a team no one will want to play come playoff time, i truly feel that way

Yep, on fire meaning moving the ball down the field putting them in scoring postion, it was only a matter of time B4 d's figured him out.

I agree with you, down the stretch this team will of already been "battle tested" and ready to make another run...

yinzer
10-06-2009, 09:03 PM
or his uncanny clutchness?...total media whore but he can make things happen, hop off

favre is a first ballot HOFer... no question. but go look up his performance WHEN IT MATTERS. championships are won in Jan/Feb, not Sept/Oct.

K Train
10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
hes been on some BAD teams though....and hes won a superbowl so its not like hes a choke artist. the vikes got a badass defense, a beyond badass run game and now a passing game....they are better than the giants imo, they will make a push for that top seed in the nfc

yinzer
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
hes been on some BAD teams though....and hes won a superbowl so its not like hes a choke artist. the vikes got a badass defense, a beyond badass run game and now a passing game....they are better than the giants imo, they will make a push for that top seed in the nfc

the vikings are for real and i agree, they are better than the giants. not taking anything away from favre. he's 39 years old and still playing solid ball. he's earned his HOF status.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Vikes are looking good, but WHAT IF, AP goes down? As hard as he runs it's bound to happen. Can the old man throw 35-40 times a game and stay crisp??

Ironman
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Drew Brees has sizzled a little lately, but his numbers are still very impressive. He leads the league in TD's thrown, he is 2nd in QB rating (108.4). He has only thrown 2 INT's. He has a 67.4 completion percentage (5th). His career QB rating is a 90.0 - 177 TD's to 101 INT's. I believe it is safe to say this guy knows how to throw the ball, and he will not allow his performances to turn for the worst.

Although the Saints have always been a streaky/risky team, I do think they have put together a much better team than last years.

--- Added 10/6/2009 at 08:41 PM ---

The Saints however do have a rather difficult schedule, coming up they have the Giants, Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots, Cowboys - teams which can present a very tough challenge. They also play some ****** teams, the Rams, the Buccaneers (twice), already played the Lions, and the Redskins (although the Redskins are good 1 week, and horrendous the other)

SteelerEyeZ
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Power Rankings are crap, its something for use to look at in between games lol, the rankings me nothing and thats why the games are played

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM

Typically that happens when he's asked to do too much...or thinks he needs to do too much. He has a great o-line and arguably the best RB in the league. I'm not expecting Favre to fall apart like last season unless the Vikings suffer some key injuries.