PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben (and OL) to Host WWE Raw Tonight...

Zachintosh66
10-05-2009, 07:10 PM
will you watch? And are you okay with it?

I prolly will watch and Im okay as long as they won last night :)

Would prefer to do this stuff in the offseason, but im sure he had to clear it with Tomlin.

Troyisabeast_43
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Im okay with it as long as he doesnt get involved in the action in any which way period. And when I say that I mean I dont want him even getting shoved,throwing a open hand slap,or punching somebody. I dont have a problem with Ben and the o-line going to Raw having a good time and entertaing the fans. I hope they give us some good laughs which Im sure they will. Hopefully as soon as it's over they back home to Pittsburgh and start getting focused and ready for Detroit this Sunday...

scott0326
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Im okay with it as long as he doesnt get involved in the action in any which way period. And when I say that I mean I dont want him even getting shoved,throwing a open hand slap,or punching somebody. I dont have a problem with Ben and the o-line going to Raw having a good time and entertaing the fans. I hope they give us some good laughs which Im sure they will. Hopefully as soon as it's over they back home to Pittsburgh and start getting focused and ready for Detroit this Sunday...

Ditto, I don't have a problem with him doing stuff like this as long as he doesn't get involved, the last thing we need is for Ben or an O-lineman to get injured via WWE.

lloydfan4life
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't have a problem with it but I won't be watching. Gonna take in the Brett Bowl tonight.

SteelerEyeZ
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
OMG DO YOU SEE THE DIVAS WEARING STEELRS JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG

StlersGuy
10-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I just hope he does not get hurt doing something stupid

Dee Mca
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Big Ben and the O line scared big show then DX showed up. Guess Big Ben and the oline is down with DX

K Train
10-06-2009, 01:41 AM
they went to a strip club after....a girl i know from school is a stripper at the place they went and it was all over her facebook lol

Sir Blitzelot
10-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Haha that was an awesome finish with the Steelers and DX.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
they went to a strip club after....a girl i know from school is a stripper at the place they went and it was all over her facebook lol

Ben taking care of his line at it's finest!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I have this DVR'd and did'nt watch it yet so I'm not reading the rest of this thread till tomorrow :lol:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 09:27 AM
No offense to Ben...but that was the cheesiest crap ever. I'm convinced a group of 6th gradered write the storylines for WWE.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
No offense to Ben...but that was the cheesiest crap ever. I'm convinced a group of 6th gradered write the storylines for WWE.

I agree, my 10 year old is Bens biggest fan, he got a kick out of it, but it was painful for me to watch!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I agree, my 10 year old is Bens biggest fan, he got a kick out of it, but it was painful for me to watch!

When I was in college back in the last mid to late 90's...WWE (WWF then) was huge. We use to pile in the fraternity house on Monday and Thursday nights to watch it. I look back on some of those storylines and have to laugh. The whole old lady giving birth to a hand bit was pretty much the end for me.

Blazedby92
10-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Just think there are people out there that enjoy that every week like we enjoy football and some get mad when you say it isn't real,LOL

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Just think there are people out there that enjoy that every week like we enjoy football and some get mad when you say it isn't real,LOL

I think most of them (over the age of 18) enhance their watching experience with a bit of paint thinner huffing before hand.

TEEMONT
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM

I dont get mad when people say its pre-determined...I think most wrestling fans understand that. But to say it's not "real" is kind of untrue. Those guys do some pretty incredible things that other atheletes would never dream of doing. Granted there are plenty of wrestlers who are there solely based on bodysize/type, but the one that are fun to watch are the guys who are flying around jumping off the top turnbuckle, off of ladders, and generally doing **** that people on drugs do to make their friends laugh.

That being said, wrestlers get hurt all the time, and even though the mat is padded, its not like they wrestle on NERF. It's def "entertainment" not a sport, but broken bones and injuries are real, and those guys are mostly, def atheletes.

Blazedby92
10-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I dont get mad when people say its pre-determined...I think most wrestling fans understand that. But to say it's not "real" is kind of untrue. Those guys do some pretty incredible things that other atheletes would never dream of doing. Granted there are plenty of wrestlers who are there solely based on bodysize/type, but the one that are fun to watch are the guys who are flying around jumping off the top turnbuckle, off of ladders, and generally doing **** that people on drugs do to make their friends laugh.

That being said, wrestlers get hurt all the time, and even though the mat is padded, its not like they wrestle on NERF. It's def "entertainment" not a sport, but broken bones and injuries are real, and those guys are mostly, def atheletes.

Don't get mad, see I told you,LOL.
I was tallking about the story lines, it's a man's soap opera.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 10:09 AM

Chicks get hurt in the ballet too.

Blazedby92
10-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Chicks get hurt in the ballet too.

LMAO, :hilarious:

DIESELMAN
10-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Sid Vicious.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evvk1nqOyk0

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Sid Vicious.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evvk1nqOyk0

I could show you some pretty sick ballet injuries as well. The propensity for injuries does not define something as a sport. Scripted outcomes = performance art. Same as dancing.

DIESELMAN
10-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I could show you some pretty sick ballet injuries as well. The propensity for injuries does not define something as a sport. Scripted outcomes = performance art. Same as dancing.
Never said it was a sport, but like Teemont said, these guys are athletes never the less. Yeah wrestling is scripted and the outcome is predetermined, its entertainment and a billion dollar industry. Most people know that and watch it for whatever reason. People have died while doing this "sport", never heard of a ballerina dying while twirling across the stage :greengrin:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Never said it was a sport, but like Teemont said, these guys are athletes never the less. Yeah wrestling is scripted and the outcome is predetermined, its entertainment and a billion dollar industry. Most people know that and watch it for whatever reason. People have died while doing this "sport", never heard of a ballerina dying while twirling across the stage :greengrin:

I'd agree that they're athletes in the same way that synchronized swimmers are athletes. Both train their bodies extensively to perform choreographed routines...both require fitness and coordination to perform these routines.

As far as I know 99.9% of wrestler deaths at the big time level have been out of the ring. The one big one I remember was the result of a failed entrance stunt (Owen Hart). Again I don't think danger has much to do with anything.

steelerfan11
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Don't get mad, see I told you,LOL.
I was tallking about the story lines, it's a man's soap opera.

How was what tee being mad?? imo he was just staying they are athletes...not getting mad or anything at all!

That being said I tried to watch it last night (only b/c ben was on) and it was very hard to do. I watched maybe 20 min. LOL.

Like Joe said...I use to watch that stuff in college also (in early 2000s).

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
They are big roided stunt men, nothing more....

DIESELMAN
10-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd agree that they're athletes in the same way that synchronized swimmers are athletes. Both train their bodies extensively to perform choreographed routines...both require fitness and coordination to perform these routines.

As far as I know 99.9% of wrestler deaths at the big time level have been out of the ring. The one big one I remember was the result of a failed entrance stunt (Owen Hart). Again I don't think danger has much to do with anything.
lol at comparing wrestlers to swimmers.....I'm pretty sure their is a lot more endurance, stamina and strength involved in wrestling then in synchronized swimming lol you should do a post match interview with some wrestlers and let them know that they are ballerinas/synchronized swimmers in a ring LMAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
lol at comparing wrestlers to swimmers.....I'm pretty sure their is a lot more endurance, stamina and strength involved in wrestling then in synchronized swimming lol you should do a post match interview with some wrestlers and let them know that they are ballerinas/synchronized swimmers in a ring LMAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ

I'd actually wager that synchronized swimming involves more endurance and conditioning than professional wrestling. Those girls have to be able to hold their breath for long periods of time and the body control required for those routines demands extreme physical fitness. I'm not trying to tear down wrestling as a whole. It's great for what it is...a scripted soap opera for men.

DIESELMAN
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd actually wager that synchronized swimming involves more endurance and conditioning than professional wrestling. Those girls have to be able to hold their breath for long periods of time and the body control required for those routines demands extreme physical fitness. I'm not trying to tear down wrestling as a whole. It's great for what it is...a scripted soap opera for men.
All athletes have to be in phenomenal shape to compete in their sport or to entertain. Yes it is a soap opera for men, one that requires a lot of strength and agility, thats part of what makes them real athletes.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
All athletes have to be in phenomenal shape to compete in their sport or to entertain. Yes it is a soap opera for men, one that requires a lot of strength and agility, thats part of what makes them real athletes.

I'll give you that. I guess we can agree that it is performance art...performed by athletes.

75Steeler
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I think Ben was there to plug his charity and to give his O-line a little camera time. He knows better than to risk injury playing around on some B/S show like that. He hasn't forgot about his motorcycle crash and his obligation to the Steelers.

:cope:

DIESELMAN
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I'll give you that. I guess we can agree that it is performance art...performed by athletes.

:yellowthumb:

SteelCityKid5
10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Can we dub Big Ben as Ben "RAW"thlisberger?

Oh and by the way, the writing for the WWE is kid friendly. They are trying to promote wrestling to kids. They now have a WWE mag for kids and did you notice when DX comes out they always promote their products?Same with Cena. Yeah cause McMahon knows that kids will beg the sh:eek1:t outta their parents to buy them something of their favorite wrestlers. Vince knows his stuff man.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Oh and by the way, the writing for the WWE is kid friendly. They are trying to promote wrestling to kids. They now have a WWE mag for kids and did you notice when DX comes out they always promote their products?Same with Cena. Yeah cause McMahon knows that kids will beg the sh:eek1:t outta their parents to buy them something of their favorite wrestlers. Vince knows his stuff man.

I think his biggest issue is having the program run until after 10pm. I guess with the people having DVR's its not that big of a deal. I haven't watched much of it in a while...the content used to be pretty adult (affairs, Val Venus, etc.)...have they tamed it a bit?

Blazedby92
10-06-2009, 11:50 AM
How was what tee being mad?? imo he was just staying they are athletes...not getting mad or anything at all!

That being said I tried to watch it last night (only b/c ben was on) and it was very hard to do. I watched maybe 20 min. LOL.

Like Joe said...I use to watch that stuff in college also (in early 2000s).

I was being SARCASTIC!!!

--- Added 10/6/2009 at 10:50 AM ---

I don't know aabout kid freindly because awhile back all people talked about was these girls clothes the wore on stage that is probably why it is on late but like I said i don't watch it.

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
I was being SARCASTIC!!!

--- Added 10/6/2009 at 10:50 AM ---

I don't know aabout kid freindly because awhile back all people talked about was these girls clothes the wore on stage that is probably why it is on late but like I said i don't watch it.

Come on man, the kids have Dads right? Who the hell wants to see sweaty men rolling around the ring??? Not me, I keep waiting for the nip slip!!! lol

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Come on man, the kids have Dads right? Who the hell wants to see sweaty men rolling around the ring??? Not me, I keep waiting for the nip slip!!! lol

Back when I used to watch it was pretty clear that they marketed to the male 15-24 demographic. Bra and panties matches...enough said.

Dee Mca
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM

Back to K Train does this mean that now the oline will expect every week Ben has a good game that their getting to go to raw then a strip club with DX?

Only thing about this mess is Chris Kemoeatu was at Raw so I guess his leg injury isn't that serious. Im glad their wasn't no wrestling from Ben or the Oline. All we need is an injury b/c of RAW.

Never was a big Raw fan anyways expect for DX story line I was more of a NWO fan.

SteelCityKid5
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Blazedby92... last year I took a college class on wrestling, yeah I know, the teacher used to have ties into the WWE and he's a very credible man. He runs a lot of wrestling promotions now around central PA... he told us the WWE is trying to become kid friendly so I'll take his word for it.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Blazedby92... last year I took a college class on wrestling, yeah I know, the teacher used to have ties into the WWE and he's a very credible man. He runs a lot of wrestling promotions now around central PA... he told us the WWE is trying to become kid friendly so I'll take his word for it.

Did you really get college credit for that??? I thought the wine tasting class I took was bad...

LatrobePA
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Kemoeatu looked fine, he kept smacking his elbow, was pretty funny and cheesy at the same time!

SteelCityKid5
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Flacco, yeah I did... It was a seminar and it was only half the semester.. it was really fun

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Flacco, yeah I did... It was a seminar and it was only half the semester.. it was really fun

I know a guy that took "Walking" for a credit. LOL!

steelerfan11
10-06-2009, 04:33 PM
wow wine tasting, walking, wrestling...i assume you guys went to a state school..lol

While you guys were taking those classes I was taking 3 Bible classes.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
wow wine tasting, walking, wrestling...i assume you guys went to a state school..lol

While you guys were taking those classes I was taking 3 Bible classes.

State school? Worse. Good ole George Washington University. Never met a bigger group of spoiled brats in my life. You could buy caviar with your meal points...I'm not kidding.

JensK
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
State school? Worse. Good ole George Washington University. Never met a bigger group of spoiled brats in my life. You could buy caviar with your meal points...I'm not kidding.

hey now.. Decent caviar can taste quite well :P Did you know that caviar (the real deal from Iran) is the only thing on earth you can consume without having to consume anything else, both food and liquids :grin1: I guess it would take a few of those meal points of yours though ;)

On topic: I couldnt really care less. Its their night off, and as Colon said: They are only human - Let them use their night off for w/e, as long as they are back to play Tuesday!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:47 PM
hey now.. Decent caviar can taste quite well :P Did you know that caviar (the real deal from Iran) is the only thing on earth you can consume without having to consume anything else, both food and liquids :grin1: I guess it would take a few of those meal points of yours though ;)

On topic: I couldnt really care less. Its their night off, and as Colon said: They are only human - Let them use their night off for w/e, as long as they are back to play Tuesday!

It's probably the first time in the history of "major league" professional sports that a player has chosen to spend his night off in Wilkes-Barre.

steelerfan11
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM

wow..lol

I knew a guy that went to PSU that received college credit for playing intramural football.

I went to a small Christian College...so we didn't have that kind of stuff..lol We just had to take Bible classes, Humanities classes, we were required to take a gym class (I got out of it though...totaled my knee), and go to Chapel every Wednesday.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
wow..lol

I knew a guy that went to PSU that received college credit for playing intramural football.

I went to a small Christian College...so we didn't have that kind of stuff..lol We just had to take Bible classes, Humanities classes, we were required to take a gym class (I got out of it though...totaled my knee), and go to Chapel every Wednesday.

College was truly a different world for me. I went to Catholic high school. I'd estimate that 60% or more of GW is Jewish or some other religion than Christianianity.

lloydfan4life
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM

OMG don't say that..... you'll wake up Dean Denton! :duh:

I'm waiting for Ben or one of our Oline to make a big play then celebrate on the field by doing that dancing X thing they did with the wrestlers. :lol:

KRAZYRIDE
10-06-2009, 11:59 PM
That was awesome!!! Ben did a really good job it's not easy to stand up infront of 40,000 people and not even stumble over a line. I think it's awesome the o-line came too it must have had something to do with their great proformance monday because of the commarderie built up on the show, I mean you don't see any other Line in the lueague have that much fun.

And whoever doesn't like wrestling go watch Desperate Housewives. It's entertainment but it's not fake I don't think The Untertaker throwing Mick Foley off of a steel cage 30 feet high is fake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqxhuSrLu9A&feature=related

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Ok I watched it last night, the wife and I, and we had a blast watching Ben..LOL! He did a really good job and it was definitely entertaining. The Diva Bowl was :drool: , nice touch by the WWE to have them come out on a night when our favorite QB is there.

When I was a kid I used to love wrestling, I mean we're talking back when Shawn Michaels was in the Rockers as a tag team :lol: . Anyways, it was fun to watch it again and see Ben call out the line and then see them all walk down the ramp into the ring. I didn't realize Starks was big enough to step over the top rope and then look Big Show square in the eye :lol:

Cricker24
10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I just watched it one Youtube and couldn't stop smiling. Sure it's cheesy, but so what. If that's what it takes to have the kind of bond this team has, then I'm all for it. I liked when Big Show went running from the O-line!! :) THAT was funny!!