PDA

View Full Version : WHOSE LAUGHING NOW O-LINE!

SteelerEyeZ
10-04-2009, 11:42 PM
a quote from Big Ben himself after winning his 2nd ring (number 6 for pitt)

Watching the Chargers I learned a lot...A. Mendy was on a mission and he needs to keep it up but someone needs to show him how to carry the ball bc the D is gonna see it and start going for it. B. O-LINE ROCKED!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are looking good and THEY get the MVP of the game. C. WE NEED TROY, the D looks sluggish and needs him back in the backfield and him running around D. Good playing calling on offense:cope::cope::cope::cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Kemoeatu was a monster today, he was pulling and just blasting everything in his path. Old cement shoes was on fire tonight :lol:

In all seriousness though, the last 3 weeks of this season so far they have gotten better and better and better. They're never going to be an elite group but right now they are playing as a unit and doing their job; and it's working out quite nicely for the running game and for Ben.

steelersforever1983
10-04-2009, 11:55 PM
i think they like to run the ball. so let them run more often than pass.

BlackGold4vr
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
The O-line has been playing better and they played great tonight! But before you start voting to put any of these guys in the pro-bowl remember they have always ran the ball well against the Chargers including twice last year. If they did that against the Ravens I would be much more impressed!

Speaking of the Ravens it will be interesting to see if **** talking JoeFlaccoFlufferBoy comes back this week to talk smack. :hilarious:

K Train
10-05-2009, 12:06 AM
collinsworth overrated kemo imo, he had one big double block to the left down field a bit but really the whole oline was great....hartwig showed something and essex had his best game

scott0326
10-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Best game from the O-line all season, very encouraging to see.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-05-2009, 12:21 AM
If they did that against the Ravens I would be much more impressed!

Speaking of the Ravens it will be interesting to see if **** talking JoeFlaccoFlufferBoy comes back this week to talk smack. :hilarious:[/QUOTE]

They will do it against the Rats this year twice:yesnod: did u see the rats play today? they sucked:yesnod: an you are right on the money Joe Fag** has been MIA all day after being on this board all week talking about that Bull SH*& win last week against the Clowns!!! he's an FRAUD! the Rats should of lost to the Chargers, anyways hopefully he won't be back:lol:

DanRooney
10-05-2009, 12:29 AM
The O-line has been playing better and they played great tonight! But before you start voting to put any of these guys in the pro-bowl remember they have always ran the ball well against the Chargers including twice last year. If they did that against the Ravens I would be much more impressed!

Speaking of the Ravens it will be interesting to see if **** talking JoeFlaccoFlufferBoy comes back this week to talk smack. :hilarious:

Yeah what sickens me was the idiots on this board defending JoeFudgepackerSaysHi saying he was talking about relevant Steeler football. It's one thing to come on here a week before we play and talk smack, and its another thing to go prancing about on our board talking nonsense about how our team is struggling long before we go head-to-head. I mean is it that hard to spot an obvious trolljob? Funny how this guy doesn't appear until we go on a two game skid, while the Ravens remain undefeated, and yet he doesn't seem to post today. Weird. I bet we'll hear some creative excuse like he was at the game or at work and didn't have access to a computer. That is, if the Ravens win next week

HUNT4SEVEN
10-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah what sickens me was the idiots on this board defending JoeFudgepacker saying he was talking about relevant Steeler football and whatnot. I mean is it that hard to spot an obvious trolljob? This guy doesn't appear until we go on a two game skid while the Ravens remain undefeated yet he doesn't seem to post today. Weird. I bet we'll hear some creative excuse like he was at the game or at work and didn't have access to a computer. That is, if the Ravens win next week :clap:

AGREED :clap::clap: well said.............:tt02:

Dean Denton
10-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Kemo was a beast today. Dont tell me that all of you didn't drop a load when he was on the ground holding his knee...I'm sure you all thought what I did...."Great, just when we start getting it together we loose another player."

cmerrifield
10-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah, the Oline has shown a lot of improvement these last couple weeks. I am thinking that Collinsworth was right last night when he said the Oline is benefiting from playing together, then he said, "they have their pass protection down, they just need to keep working on the run blocking." That seems pretty accurate. I think our line has moved from ok at best, to above average these last few weeks.

75Steeler
10-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Mende really showed us what he is made of last night. I just hope he keeps it up. Ben had another great game. I just can't wait to see Troy come back next week and put some spark back in the D. Our 4th Qtr play is becoming a huge problem and I think Troy can rally the troops and get that under control.

:cope:

SteelCityKid5
10-05-2009, 09:18 AM
The o-line's play was encouraging but, word around town was that SD run D isn't that good. But, I'd rather them have a good game vs. a suspect run D than to not have a run game at all. I like Mendenhall and always have, hopefully he gets more playing time and stays consistent. LOVED his block on one of the Chargers linebackers...he knocked him right on his keester. :clap:

PS: Mendenhall's play might light a quick fire underneath Willie

PSS: Shoutout to Mewelde Moore, great night from him

LatrobePA
10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Ride the pine Willie! I think the o-line rallied around Mendy!

Callax
10-05-2009, 11:24 AM
O line looked just beastly last nite!!!

Mendy was on a mission and looked like AP from Minn!!!
wow!!
offense looked stellar!!!
keep putting up 500 yds a game
offense
keep putting a TON of PTS on the board till the Defense comes around!!!

steelfury455
10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
...we put up those numbers againsts a lower third ranked team against the run who was also missing jamal williams. if it happens against a dominant team i'd rest easy. BA called a near perfect game and it was good to see great execution by the line. it's been a while.

Richmond Rukus
10-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I had a few beers yesterday, but I didn't see the line Zone blocking, which is obviously not our strength. This could, and probably did, contribute to the success more than anything.

--- Added 10/5/2009 at 01:48 PM ---

Yeah what sickens me was the idiots on this board defending JoeFudgepackerSaysHi saying he was talking about relevant Steeler football. It's one thing to come on here a week before we play and talk smack, and its another thing to go prancing about on our board talking nonsense about how our team is struggling long before we go head-to-head. I mean is it that hard to spot an obvious trolljob? Funny how this guy doesn't appear until we go on a two game skid, while the Ravens remain undefeated, and yet he doesn't seem to post today. Weird. I bet we'll hear some creative excuse like he was at the game or at work and didn't have access to a computer. That is, if the Ravens win next week

Why not just ignore the guy instead of bringing this up in what seems like every thread you post in. In case you didn't realize, this was a thread about the O-Line, a topic you never even mentioned.

Zachintosh66
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
IMO... the OL did look better, but it also helps when a back hits the hole like hes supposed to and isnt dancing with the stars in the backfield, tip toeing around...

--- Added 10/5/2009 at 02:27 PM ---

I had a few beers yesterday, but I didn't see the line Zone blocking, which is obviously not our strength. This could, and probably did, contribute to the success more than anything.

--- Added 10/5/2009 at 01:48 PM ---

Why not just ignore the guy instead of bringing this up in what seems like every thread you post in. In case you didn't realize, this was a thread about the O-Line, a topic you never even mentioned.

Yes they were Zone Blocking... you can pull and trap in zone blocking too... i teach it to 8-10 years olds every day

Richmond Rukus
10-05-2009, 03:44 PM
IMO... the OL did look better, but it also helps when a back hits the hole like hes supposed to and isnt dancing with the stars in the backfield, tip toeing around...

--- Added 10/5/2009 at 02:27 PM ---

Yes they were Zone Blocking... you can pull and trap in zone blocking too... i teach it to 8-10 years olds every day

I'll take your word for it as I had quite a buzz. It just seemed they were lining up and mauling the guy in front of them, even when the guard was pulling, he seemed to just flatten the guy in his lane. None of the guessing which guy to block and waving off players so the next guy can take em. They didn't seem to be employing a zone blocking scheme as they had previously this year. However, I'll have to go back and watch it sober to accurately comment on this.

Silverback
10-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Kemo was a beast today. Dont tell me that all of you didn't drop a load when he was on the ground holding his knee...I'm sure you all thought what I did...."Great, just when we start getting it together we loose another player."

Yeah exactly what I was thinking.