PDA

View Full Version : Matchup of the Day

yinzer
10-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Lamar Woodley vs. Jeremy Clary...

Woodley has been nearly non-existent so far. Silverback, although not YET causing the ruckus that he had last year, is playing solid. Harrison gets double teamed on a regular basis now. Teams are also chipping him with a RB. I realize the holding calls haven't been there but remember, silverback was held last year too. He'll be back to his DPOY form tonight. But, as I said, the biggest matchup of the day is Wood and Clary.

Woodley draws Jeremy Clary. Woodley absolutely embarrassed Clary last year... in both games. I've heard many excuses to why Wood has been non-existent... None of them are relevent. Woodley's got one move... the bullrush. funny thing is, last year i saw rips, he moved to the inside, swim moves... he put on some more size this year. personally, i think that was a bad idea. woodley figured he could beef up even more and bull rush everybody. not happening in the nfl. he needs to get back to form and quick.

If 2008 Lamar Woodley shows up tonight, Rivers is toaster's strudel. neither one of the chargers tackles have the testicles to block silverback and/or woodley. expect a Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker coming-out party tonight, boys and girls.

:tt02: :cope: :helmet:

Stlrs4Life
10-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Hope you are right. We need them.

SouthCentral
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
we need some turnovers. i hope they get back to form tonight!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I hope Woodley does also..... we need to get more pressure on Rivers cause they are gonna test Carter all night! this is the first game i am actually concern about our chance to win, i don't want us to be 1-3:evilshake:

K Train
10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
he should just murder him, this matchup should not be fair

Ironman
10-04-2009, 03:32 PM
neither one of the chargers tackles have the testicles to block silverback and/or woodley.

Marcus McNeill (6'7 - 336) vs. James Harrison.

*Jeromey Clary(6'6 - 320) vs. LaMarr Woodley

The Chargers have allowed 7 sacks thru 3 games, seems to be the average throughout the NFL so far. I'm not sure why the consensus is that our OLB will dominate this o-line. I like the positivity, but the Bengals had a damn near awful O-line, and we did nothing. I hope you're right. Woodley has 3 tackles thru 3 games, not exactly a stellar start.
Marcus McNeill is talented so Harrison will have his hands full, especially when he draws the double-team. Clary isn't exactly a pro-bowler, but I don't see him facing Woodley all alone. The Chargers will bring a TE over to help, probably Brandon Manumaleuna, an outstanding blocking TE with great size. If not him, Gates will have to help out, but they primarily utilize him as a receiving TE although he has the ability to block as well. Once again I hope you are right, and that Woodley snaps out of this funk.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8554/lemarrwoodley1.jpg

K Train
10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
mcniel has always had trouble with harrison, i heard from mulitple sources that last week harrison had the flu and wasnt his self and still got decent pressure.

this is the perfect matchup for woodley though, he should just embarrass him all day, rivers is good at avoiding pressure but he cant stop it completely.

btw....woodley was dominated by the titans RT last year....this year he had a really good game against him, collins just gets rid of the ball very quick to avoid sacks. woodley killed in in game one

Ironman
10-04-2009, 03:52 PM
btw....woodley was dominated by the titans RT last year....this year he had a really good game against him, collins just gets rid of the ball very quick to avoid sacks. woodley killed in in game one

He was providing pressure, agreed, but in no way would I describe his performance as killer. 0 sacks is 0 sacks. Pressuring the quarterback is essential, but ultimately, the sacks must come. Collins got the ball out quick, Cutler got the ball out quick, both games were very lackluster defensively for the Steelers because of this. I'm not just judging Woodley by his lack of sacks. He has missed some crucial tackles, and he has not been a factor in the pass defensive (although he is usually not involved). That doesn't mean he's absolved from the pass defensive, his primary job is to get to the quarterback, and that he has not done. Like I said, hopefully Woodley comes around today, he is a punishing OLB but he has not looked in pro-bowl form at all.

K Train
10-04-2009, 04:09 PM
collins is a very tough sack....you dont have to bold and underline things for me to get your point, your all about #s where im all about him making plays whether its forcing a QB to get rid of it early....he kicked the RTs *** whether he got a sack or not, he made a difference

Ironman
10-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I said I agreed with you. But obviously I need to underline, and bold more because you're not getting my points. Not sure why you're trying to pick a fight.

OC Steel Curtain
10-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Mendy Vs Chargers LB's

yinzer
10-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Marcus McNeill (6'7 - 336) vs. James Harrison.

*Jeromey Clary(6'6 - 320) vs. LaMarr Woodley

The Chargers have allowed 7 sacks thru 3 games, seems to be the average throughout the NFL so far. I'm not sure why the consensus is that our OLB will dominate this o-line. I like the positivity, but the Bengals had a damn near awful O-line, and we did nothing. I hope you're right. Woodley has 3 tackles thru 3 games, not exactly a stellar start.
Marcus McNeill is talented so Harrison will have his hands full, especially when he draws the double-team. Clary isn't exactly a pro-bowler, but I don't see him facing Woodley all alone. The Chargers will bring a TE over to help, probably Brandon Manumaleuna, an outstanding blocking TE with great size. If not him, Gates will have to help out, but they primarily utilize him as a receiving TE although he has the ability to block as well. Once again I hope you are right, and that Woodley snaps out of this funk.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8554/lemarrwoodley1.jpg

the chargers haven't faced our D yet. and what's with the picture of palmer??

Ironman
10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
the chargers haven't faced our D yet. and what's with the picture of palmer??

See that guy behind Palmer looking quite distraught... that's LaMarr Woodley :grin1:.

The Chargers have faced the Ravens = very good defense. And they have faced the Dolphins, and the Raiders = 2 teams with mediocre defenses, but VERY obvious flaws. But you're right they haven't played our D yet, but I don't think I'm out of line when I say the Ravens have a very ferocious defense that can compare to the Steelers, at times....

yinzer
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
See that guy behind Palmer looking quite distraught... that's LaMarr Woodley :grin1:.

The Chargers have faced the Ravens = very good defense. And they have faced the Dolphins, and the Raiders = 2 teams with mediocre defenses, but VERY obvious flaws. But you're right they haven't played our D yet, but I don't think I'm out of line when I say the Ravens have a very ferocious defense that can compare to the Steelers, at times....

i don't think you're out of line at all. but, the rats don't have a "ferocious defense."

Ironman
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Difference of opinion I guess, in my opinion, the Ratbirds qualify - Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Dawan Landry, even Jarret Johnson can produce spine-tingling hits. They have a very capable secondary, and a VERY good LB unit. But they have let up a lot of yardage, and points this year. Very uncharacteristic of a ferocious defense...

They aren't as ferocious as last year, but so far.. either are the Steelers. Ratbirds lost today, so hopefully the Steelers can capitalize!!! Enough of this mindless babbling, LET'S GO STEELERS :cope:!

Dean Denton
10-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Steelers against Steelers... This team cant seem to get out of their own way when they need to. No way would Cowher ever let a team back into a game with a 28 point lead at the half....Maybe Tomlin needs to start chewing snuff to get a little spit going on the side line.....lol