PDA

View Full Version : SA now has a new Homepage!!!

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 02:45 AM
As some of you may know I was brought onto the SA Staff a couple months ago and it was announced that I would be working on new homepage for SA... well I am pleased to announce that version 1.0 is complete and is now up and running!!!

Here are some of the features on the new homepage:

Every possible Steelers related news feed you can think of... all on one page :tt02: No more going to this site then to this other site... it's all right here on SA now! Click the "News" option on the menu. Some of the Steelers sights don't have a feed we can tap into so they are included in the "News" menu option.
Steelers Info, such as:

Steelers History, which we will write ourselves at some point in time.
All the Steelers in the Hall of Fame
Current Roster
Depth Chart
2006 Stats

The list goes on...

There is so much more but I will let you all play around and discover things for yourselves! We have been testing this for a couple weeks now, but there are probably some things we missed. If you find something that doesn't work, broken links, typo's or anything please let us know and we will get it taken care of ASAP!

If there are things that you would like to see added in the next release let us know and we will add it to the list because the next version is already underway. Eventually you will be able to login from the homepage, see who's on-line, who's been here, etc...

We hope you enjoy it, now go check it out!!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

www.SteelerAddicts.com (http://www.steeleraddicts.com)

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Steelersfan
11-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Awesome work AZ! Thanks for all the time you took in making it for all of us to enjoy! I'd also like to thank BR-7 once again for doing some of the images for us when needed! He does some great work!
And like AZ has stated, if there is anything you would like to see added, changed or you just have an opinion on the layout please let us know. All the staff here at SA are doing our best to make this the best Steelers site on the web and we can't do that without input from you!

BR7
11-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Looks good. Only thing I don't like is the drop down box for the Live Sports Scores. It defaults on NFL, but the drop down box says Auto Racing. I think the default should say... "Choose Sport" or something like that so people know there is more than the NFL there.

Maybe some ESPN.com links to the Steelers Clubhouse?

The yellow plate looks sweet. :)

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 02:56 AM
A HUGE Thanks to BR-7!!!! I might be able to pull some things off with mspaint but nothing that compares to his work!!! Thanks again BR-7!

Steelersfan
11-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Looks good. Only thing I don't like is the drop down box for the Live Sports Scores. It defaults on NFL, but the drop down box says Auto Racing. I think the default should say... "Choose Sport" or something like that so people know there is more than the NFL there.

Maybe some ESPN.com links to the Steelers Clubhouse?

The yellow plate looks sweet. :)

It should default to the NFL and you can use the drop down to view other scores. Are you not getting anything but auto?

BR7
11-15-2006, 03:14 AM
I get them all, AZ fixed it now, what it did was dispaly the NFL scores, but the drop down said Auto Racing. I guess it defaulted to alphabetical order on what was listed first in the drop down, so I suggested like a 'dead link' that just said 'choose your sport.'

Looked weird to have it show the Auto text, but display the NFL scores. :D

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 03:15 AM
That stuff is taken care of SF, the option in the drop down box was defaulted to AUTO RACING plus he was suggesting to have it say "Choose Sport" to let others know you can check scores for any sport you wanted.

Steelersfan
11-15-2006, 03:21 AM
OK, I see what you were saying BR-7. It did show auto while showing the NFL scores. Looks much better now.

BR7
11-15-2006, 03:22 AM
I love the buttons you did. I'll have to have you hook me up when/if I redo my site :D

Also, if you want, I can see if maximumgrilledsteelers.com wants to exchange affiliate links with SA (I did alot of graphics for them as well.. forum buttons, bg, and the flash banner).

BR7
11-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Oh yeah.. why does the home page banner have colored 'hypos' and the forum banner doesnt? :dunno: :greengrin:

Steelersfan
11-15-2006, 03:34 AM
It alternates between the two bannners every 30 seconds. AZ had to tell me that....lol I didn't notice it at first.

Steelersfan
11-15-2006, 03:35 AM
I love the buttons you did. I'll have to have you hook me up when/if I redo my site :D

Also, if you want, I can see if maximumgrilledsteelers.com wants to exchange affiliate links with SA (I did alot of graphics for them as well.. forum buttons, bg, and the flash banner).

That would be cool BR-7 if they want to.

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 03:38 AM
ESPN.com: Steelers Clubhouse added :bigthumb:

BR7
11-15-2006, 03:39 AM
It alternates between the two bannners every 30 seconds. AZ had to tell me that....lol I didn't notice it at first.

Not sure if you got the page message, but I did three more banners with different players if you want to use those in your rotation. If I have time tonight, I can do a few more.. with some old school players. But they use the non-colored-hypos. If you want them all with the color, lemme know.

the ones I have done are..
Willie/Peazy
Dookie/Hines
Kreider/Heath

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 03:41 AM
Not sure if you got the page message, but I did three more banners with different players if you want to use those in your rotation. If I have time tonight, I can do a few more.. with some old school players. But they use the non-colored-hypos. If you want them all with the color, lemme know.

the ones I have done are..
Willie/Peazy
Dookie/Hines
Kreider/Heath

That would be cool, I could add them into the roatation no problem at all... Maybe make the new players with color and the old school b/w :)

BR7
11-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Only thing, I had to re-do the Ben/Troy one, I couldnt for the life of me remember what the settings were for the border around the players was, So I got it close and just re did it to match the others.

And not to be makin more work.. http://www.theblackandgoldblog.blogspot.com/
good blog spot for Pittsburgh sports.. Hes from the MGS site and yes, lol.. I did his banner as well :D

Ill post the banners in this thread in a minute or so.

BR7
11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_sa/sa_banner_1.jpg <- is the replacement Ben/Troy banner.
http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_sa/sa_banner_2.jpg
http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_sa/sa_banner_3.jpg
http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_sa/sa_banner_4.jpg

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 04:03 AM
BNG Blog added and banners uploaded!!

Prosdo
11-15-2006, 04:11 AM
Great job guys!

SteelersWoman
11-15-2006, 09:25 AM
I love it--it's awesome! Thanks AZ and all the rest who contributed to makin it an interesting and well thought out home page :bigthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
11-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Awesome job

House of Steel
11-15-2006, 10:43 AM
You guys really outdone yourselves this time. It looks absolutely awesome and exciting to come into this forum. Super Work guys.

Blitzburgh55
11-15-2006, 04:56 PM
looks very nice AZ

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Looks real good AZ. Good job bro. You have skillz my friend.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Yep it really looks good ! It's a great addition to SA and really sets us a part with such a unique, easy to use, and well constructed homepage :bigthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Great job on the new home page !! Awesome Work !!:hail: :tt02:

A small suggestion, one of the features that was nice about the old homepage was being able to see who all was online. Could this be added or did I miss it somewhere ?

AZ_Steeler
11-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah you missed it somewhere... I said in the original post that it was going to be in the next release :lol:

:bigthumb:

Steelersfan
11-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Yup, that takes a little more doing but we have AZ all over it!.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2006, 10:33 PM
AZ has had enuff time to rest, get back to work ! :greengrin:

OneSteelSoldier
11-16-2006, 11:43 PM
AZ, very nice work!!

AZ_Steeler
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
AZ has had enuff time to rest, get back to work ! :greengrin:

:sleepy: :sleepy:

:bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
11-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Chris,

You did a terrific job, the site looks so good! I have not had a chance to tell you how professional and really nice looking the page is. As a member of SA I am very proud of this site. Thanks, Chris, you go guy! :bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
11-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Only thing, I had to re-do the Ben/Troy one, I couldnt for the life of me remember what the settings were for the border around the players was, So I got it close and just re did it to match the others.

And not to be makin more work.. http://www.theblackandgoldblog.blogspot.com/
good blog spot for Pittsburgh sports.. Hes from the MGS site and yes, lol.. I did his banner as well :D

Ill post the banners in this thread in a minute or so.

you stole my got rings idea :)

BR7
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Matches my shirt!

:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2006, 06:50 PM
They have those shirts at Champs :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
11-17-2006, 08:50 PM
It has come to my attention that some of you may not have javascript enabled... Unfortunately the Homepage is best viewed with it enabled. If anyone has any questions or concerns about this though please let me know.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Thats a good point, especially for FF users and the new IE7 users. Hell most browsers these days give the option during setup to block javascript.

Captcoolhand
11-17-2006, 10:51 PM
:thewave: :bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
11-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Matches my shirt!

:tt02:

Yeah it matches mine too that is where I got the idea!~ You don't think I came up with something creative on my own, do you?:lol:

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Nice work with the new homepage. Well done.

Steelerlyn
11-19-2006, 01:31 AM
As much as I have had to say about NOT adding anything more, I now have to tell you that a couple people have asked me where they "register" Is the bottom of the homepage the only link? thanks so much!~

AZ_Steeler
11-19-2006, 03:57 AM
Added a "Register" link to the menu option "SA Forums" :bigthumb:

Friday133
11-26-2006, 12:04 PM
great homepage AZ!

i like the new banner you created as well, however i think the .com would look better on the lower right rather than where it is now.

AZ_Steeler
11-26-2006, 05:04 PM
great homepage AZ!

i like th enew banner you created as well, however i think the .com would look better on the lower right rather than where it is now.

Thanks Friday, but I can't take the credit for the banner that was all BR-7 who made the banner(s)!