PDA

View Full Version : Illegal play....

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-15-2006, 02:09 AM
I think if they were going to call that ticky-tacky, sock-pulling, roughing the passer, they should be consistent and call ALL the penalties ...at least some in favor of STEELERS

From ESPN,
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/061114halfway down the page, next to the picture of the lady in the black dress.

Quote:
Facing second-and-goal on the Pittsburgh 4, the Saints appeared to execute a bouncing direct-snap to tailback Deuce McAllister, who ran for the touchdown. Announcers debated whether it was a trick play or a botched snap. It was the latter, and the official Game Book lists the play as a fumble by center Jeff Faine. Overlooked -- there should have been a penalty! Direct-snapping to a running back is legal only if the quarterback never places his hands under center; once someone places his hands under center, only that person can receive the snap. Drew Brees was under center when this happened. Rule 7-3-4 states, "Any extension of hands by a player under center as if to receive the snap is a false start unless, while under center, he receives the snap.

Steelersfan
11-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Interesting rule. It seems as though they got away with one there.

AZ_Steeler
11-15-2006, 03:34 AM
It's one of those things you don't see everyday! At least the Steelers still won the game! :tt02:

House of Steel
11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
That would I would say, AZ. At least we won, now if we had lost, there would of been a protest about that rule. The Zebras have it in for us this season for some damn reason. I hope this BS doesn't happen in Cleveland.

BBG7
11-15-2006, 11:52 AM
We have been getting called for some ticky tack penalties, while they don't fall both ways. Thank god we won that game because I would be so pissed if that affected the outcome. That is something that the refs should have called. They are paid to know all the rules and that is one that there is absolutely no question.

SteelerFan87
11-15-2006, 03:33 PM
My theory is that it was supposed to be a direct snap, but the center messed it up, that's why it was rolling on the ground, but Brees didn't seem to care, and it went right to McAllister, but he was shaking his head, like it wasn't supposed to happen quite like that.

If so, it should have been a penalty. But I'm sure the NFL could just rule it a fumble if the Steelers ever questioned them about it.

BR7
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Michelle Kwan looks cold in that picture

:hijack: :woot: