PDA

View Full Version : Injury report

yinzer
10-02-2009, 08:14 AM
per pittsburghtribunereview.com

Injury report

Rookie fullback Frank Summers, who was placed on injured reserve earlier this week, underwent back surgery yesterday. Polamalu (knee), running back Willie Parker (turf toe) and rookie tight end David Johnson (ankle) missed practice again yesterday.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_646016.html

troy will be back against detroit. mendy's got the talent. he needs to light the fire. i expect johnson to be out for the next 3-4 weeks. summers... who cares.

StlersGuy
10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I want Troy back bad after all we are 0-2 with out him however I also want him to come back when he is ready no need in taking a chance for him to get hurt more and well be out the rest of the year...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the update Yinzer; pretty much what we all suspected to be the case. Now next weeks injury report better show Polamalu as probable which means he'll be on the field.

yinzer
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the update Yinzer; pretty much what we all suspected to be the case. Now next weeks injury report better show Polamalu as probable which means he'll be on the field.

my pleasure, TOP. Here's hoping we get a solid W this week and welcoming Troy next week! :cope:

75Steeler
10-02-2009, 12:23 PM
:ditto:

LatrobePA
10-02-2009, 12:35 PM
my pleasure, TOP. Here's hoping we get a solid W this week and welcoming Troy next week! :cope:

x's 2

TampaSteelGirl
10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd rather hold Troy out one more game to make sure he's totally healed, no sense in rushing anything then having him out all season although I do enjoy watching him get a pick 6 off Rivers!!! :hehheh:

Ironman
10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
From what I've been reading, and told, Willie is not going to play Sunday.

So a.k.a. more reps for Mendy as the Steelers take on the 26th ranked rushing defense. To be honest, I want to see Moore get the ball as well.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-02-2009, 03:17 PM
yep, just got a songwhale text:

"Injury report for Sunday's game: Johnson (ankle), Polamalu (knee) are out; Parker (toe) doubtful; Hartwig and Spaeth are probable"

LatrobePA
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Pack Willie up and send him out, he's done after this year!

Come on 34 make a statement!

Art Rooney
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Center Justin Hartwig returned to practice and will start Sunday. He has an ankle injury and the Steelers have no experienced center behind him . Good thing too because Ben needs a good O line.