PDA

View Full Version : HOW/WHY I am a Steeler Fan

SteelerEyeZ
10-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I have been reading this website for about 2 years now and love the posts but for some reason never signed up. Well I am here and this is my story

Basic Info: male, 25, Central NJ, currently med student in Philly (yes went to the game last year and it was hard to watch)

Growing up as a little child (birth til 8 years old) I hated the Steelers. The reason was because my father is such a fan and I never knew why he screamed so much on Sunday and all I knew was that the Steelers made him scream. SOOOO i used to hide under the sink and was honestly scared because I had no clue what was going on. Then I remember when I was about 9 years old (year before Neil got paid off by the Cowgirls) he showed me the game and taught me about it. Since then I have been hooked. I must say they are the only team I care about in any sport and I def bleed black and gold. Well I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and also let everyone know that if you are around the Philly area and wanna watch the games with about 40 Steeler Fans that you should go to Plymouth Meeting Mall and the Dave and Busters there is where our Steeler Tailgate Game Party is. Its a great time, beer specials, good food, halftime = games, and a bunch of Steeler fans.

Two more things...(1)I do NOT blame the O-Line for anything but come on this Zone Blocking NEEDS to stop. They are improving so I am not sure if it is a transition they are trying to make but I wish that would get canned. (2) Went to the AFC championship game (BEST GAME EVER , 2nd was in 04 against the Jets in the playoffs) and watching Sweed miss the TD bc he looked at the jumbo screen and then last week!!!!A. better gloves B. Stronger hands C. someone to wake his *** up bc he has all the tools and I WOULD LOVE to see him come in and be a factor but its gonna be hard because Mike W. is NEVER gonna give up his spot

:tt02::tt02:SteelerEyeZ:tt02::tt02:

StlersGuy
10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
:welcome: SteelerEyeZ :tt02:

Ironman
10-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Great introduction, and welcome. I can relate with the father screaming at the TV. I was always a fan of the Steelers, but I could never comprehend why he would lose his sanity by watching the Steelers of the 90's. My father has bled black n gold since he was a child, and after watching the 70's Steelers, I can understand why he was so miserable watching the 90's Steelers build their foundation, only to tear it down with some awful playoff/superbowl performances.

Great to have you here!

Cheers :cope:

yinzer
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
welcome! what took you so long to join?!! :cope: :tt02:

lloydfan4life
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Welcome SteelerEyez!
Like yinzer said.... :wtf: took you so long?? :lol:
Nice to have you on board! :cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Welcome Steelers Eyez! great story good to have you on board!

Sir Blitzelot
10-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Awesome story! :tt02: :welcome:

steelersforever1983
10-02-2009, 01:57 AM
try growing up in eagles country and liking the steelers. i get **** from them and they call me a traitor.

StlersGuy
10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
try living around Clowns/Bungals and Colt fans all the time.... :rant2:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the site, glad to see you signed up! Post up and enjoy! :)

scott0326
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Very cool story, welcome to the site.