PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu to play this week?

SteelCityKid5
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Though the best-case scenario was believed to be October 11 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/26/polamalu-eyes-october-11-return-helps-out-the-homeless/), Steelers safety Troy Polamalu says he's not ruling out a possible return from a sprained MCL on Sunday, against the Chargers.

"It would be nice to play this weekend (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_645778.html?feed=9)," Polamalu said Wednesday, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "We'll see."

Polamalu has run for the first time since the September 10 injury, when Titans tight end Alge Crumpler fell on Polamalu's leg after a blocked field goal attempt.

Still, the official word for Wednesday was that Polamalu did not practice (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/week-four-2009-wednesday-injury-report/).

Regardless of when Polamalu can play, the Steelers need him. Badly.

The Pittsburgh formula is based on building a lead and holding it. Without Polamalu, it hasn't worked.

With the Ravens at 3-0 and the Bengals at 2-1, the Steelers desperately need to avoid plunging to 1-3. Having Polamalu available would go a long way to keeping that from happening.

Big T
09-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Ya I saw this on Profootballtalk.com... I don't know, as much as our d needs him and how great it would be to have him back, I don't want him to come back too early and injure it more severely.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't believe anything from PFT until I see it on the field. Unless Troy is 100% don't bring him back this week, we can't afford to have him rush back and then be out a few more weeks.

Prosdo
10-01-2009, 12:08 AM
I don't believe anything from PFT until I see it on the field. Unless Troy is 100% don't bring him back this week, we can't afford to have him rush back and then be out a few more weeks.

I agree. No need to rush Troy back too early.

Ironman
10-01-2009, 12:59 AM

I saw that article as well... Although it is very promising news, I wouldn't count on seeing him out there. His injury is very easy to re-aggravate. The LAST thing the Steelers need is Troy Polamalu re-injuring himself because we desperately needed him for one game. He's making significant progress, but if you would have asked him if he could have played last week, I guarantee Troy would have said yes. He's an athlete, and like many of you pointed out, he is extremely anxious to get back on the field. The sideline was not meant for Troy.

I still love those head & shoulders commercials:grin1:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-01-2009, 01:31 AM

MY thoughts exactly:yesnod:

steelersgal86
10-01-2009, 07:07 AM

:iagree: I would love to have him back...we need him...but we need him to be 100%

Stlrs4Life
10-01-2009, 07:14 AM

Agree, it would be dumb if he isn't 100%.

lloydfan4life
10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
:ditto: to what everyone said

Dee Mca
10-01-2009, 07:41 AM
I saw on dontbelievethis.com that Troy has been living in Wards Hyperbaric chamber. Ward only lets him out on game day. He's not only healed it made him 10 years younger. In all honesty Troy doesn't even need to think about coming back till he's 100%. What happens if he rushes back tears it completely. Done for rest of year perhaps career ending.

LatrobePA
10-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Put some dirt on it Troy and get back out there! lol

75Steeler
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Troy isn't the kind of player who could come back and not put that knee through it's paces. He gives it 110% every time he takes the field and that may be what causes him to make that knee worse. As much as we need him to play and want to see him on the field. I hope he sits this one out too just to be sure he is ready.

Iron City South
10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
NO . . .

scott0326
10-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Hopefully the Steelers will keep him out if he isn't 100%, even if he wants to play. However, its good to know he is making solid progress so far.

TampaSteelGirl
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Troy isn't the kind of player who could come back and not put that knee through it's paces. He gives it 110% every time he takes the field and that may be what causes him to make that knee worse. As much as we need him to play and want to see him on the field. I hope he sits this one out too just to be sure he is ready.

I agree 150%!!!!! :yellowthumb: