PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Chan Gailey!!!

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Fire Arians today and bring back Gailey and all of our problems are solved. It couldn't be any worse than keeping Arians around. Arians will probably get fired at the end of the year anyway.

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know if all of our problems would be solved, but he would help.

Zachintosh66
09-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Where is Mike Mularky?

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Where is Mike Mularky?

I miss him too!!

You really begin to appreciate all the others with our chump Arians around now.

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2009, 10:47 PM
No, believe it or not I would keep Arians over Mularkey.

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
No, believe it or not I would keep Arians over Mularkey.

I think Cowher's conservative ways, made Mularkey look worse than it was. Cowher came from the Schottenheimer tree and in every way was exactly like him. Great defenses, but couldn't win the big one. Okay, he did get us one!!! But should've been better.

yinzer
09-30-2009, 11:06 PM
unless you're going to give some REAL reasons why you want arian's head on a spike, don't post anymore. this is getting out of hand.

go read the "other" arians bashing thread. if you wanna talk football, let me know.

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
unless you're going to give some REAL reasons why you want arian's head on a spike, don't post anymore. this is getting out of hand.

go read the "other" arians bashing thread. if you wanna talk football, let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Don't bother posting in a thread, with your holier than thou atttitude. Why waste your time, right?

yinzer
09-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks for reading!

Don't bother posting in a thread, with your holier than thou atttitude. Why waste your time, right?

i know you don't know me but i'm the biggest arians hater on this forum. but, in the last two games, he has NOT been at fault. don't just blubber rhetoric and point fingers. give up some cold, hard football facts on WHY YOU "think" arians should be tossed to the wolves. if you can't, there's plenty of room over at the SA arcade.

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 11:35 PM
i know you don't know me but i'm the biggest arians hater on this forum. but, in the last two games, he has NOT been at fault. don't just blubber rhetoric and point fingers. give up some cold, hard football facts on WHY YOU "think" arians should be tossed to the wolves. if you can't, there's plenty of room over at the SA arcade.

What do you mean, he's not at fault?

Willie Parker up the middle. Willie Parker up the middle again. short pass. Punt.

Over and over again. His play calling is sooooooooo predictable. I tell my wife, sitting here on my couch what they're gonna do next, at least 80% of the time. If I can see it from my couch, you don't think a professional doesn't?

yinzer
09-30-2009, 11:41 PM
What do you mean, he's not at fault?

Willie Parker up the middle. Willie Parker up the middle again. short pass. Punt.

Over and over again. His play calling is sooooooooo predictable. I tell my wife, sitting here on my couch what they're gonna do next, at least 80% of the time. If I can see it from my couch, you don't think a professional doesn't?

can arians be better? sure. so can everybody else. all i was saying was in THE LAST 2 GAMES, the problem was execution. i'll go over it again...

arians was NOT responsible for:

-missing field goals
-dropping perfectly thrown passes in the EZ
-kemo completely whiffing on a sure TD from willie
-playing "pucker up" defense in the 4th quarter of THE LAST 2 GAMES
-allowing a journeyman fat full back to convert a 4th and 10

more blame falls on tomlin and lebeau the past 2 games. plain and simple. the problem, THE LAST 2 GAMES was execution. arians put his offensive weapons in perfect positions the last 2 games and they did everything to screw it up.

Zachintosh66
09-30-2009, 11:42 PM
No seriously... wheres Mularky? Is he working?

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 11:45 PM
can arians be better? sure. so can everybody else. all i was saying was in THE LAST 2 GAMES, the problem was execution. i'll go over it again...

arians was NOT responsible for:

-missing field goals
-dropping perfectly thrown passes in the EZ
-kemo completely whiffing on a sure TD from willie
-playing "pucker up" defense in the 4th quarter of THE LAST 2 GAMES
-allowing a journeyman fat full back to convert a 4th and 10

more blame falls on tomlin and lebeau the past 2 games. plain and simple. the problem, THE LAST 2 GAMES was execution. arians put his offensive weapons in perfect positions the last 2 games and they did everything to screw it up.

I agree totally with what you're saying, but it's still his crappy play calling not getting us TD's in the redzone and such. FWP is not a goal line back! We need to go to heath, hines and spaeth more in the redzone.

yinzer
09-30-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree totally with what you're saying, but it's still his crappy play calling not getting us TD's in the redzone and such. FWP is not a goal line back! We need to go to heath, hines and spaeth more in the redzone.

i agree but the players still have to execute. we don't have the OLINE talent anymore to pound the rock. arians can draw up a good playbook. my only problem with him is his in-game adjustments.

if arians draws up a 3rd and goal pass (just an example) to a TE and it fails, we blame him. if he dials up a 3rd and goal run and it fails, we blame him as well. the guy can't win for losing. arians job is to put his players in a position to win. he did a fine job of that the last 2 weeks.

(notice i keep mentioning THE LAST 2 WEEKS) remember, i'm one of the biggest arians haters there are.

Elway7Ben7
10-01-2009, 12:01 AM
i agree but the players still have to execute. we don't have the OLINE talent anymore to pound the rock. arians can draw up a good playbook. my only problem with him is his in-game adjustments.

if arians draws up a 3rd and goal pass (just an example) to a TE and it fails, we blame him. if he dials up a 3rd and goal run and it fails, we blame him as well. the guy can't win for losing. arians job is to put his players in a position to win. he did a fine job of that the last 2 weeks.

(notice i keep mentioning THE LAST 2 WEEKS) remember, i'm one of the biggest arians haters there are.

Gotcha!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Mularkey is too gimicky as an OC to be effective; he was ok in Pittsburgh but if you all remember right we ran so many trick plays and fake this, and reverse that it more like a side show than an offense.

Chan Gailey? No thanks, how about we just use the people we have an actually run when we call a running play, complete the pass on a passing play, and just generally execute better on offense.

ShellShock
10-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Fire Arians today and bring back Gailey and all of our problems are solved. It couldn't be any worse than keeping Arians around. Arians will probably get fired at the end of the year anyway.

I just puked in my mouth.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Mularkey is Atlanta's O-Coordinator Chan Gailey? we should of took Cameron when the Fins fired him:yesnod:, anyways Tomlin wouldn't make a move like this untill the season is over with......SO don't get your hopes up:lol:We are stuck with these two @$$ wipes ( Arians an Larry)untill the end of the season.

Dee Mca
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Long gone are the days of Steeler smash mouth football. Our strength on running plays is no longer between the tackles. Face it our line is weak. They dont suck just not type of line to run up middle. Hopefully Wallace will workout as long as he stays away from Stonehands Sweed. I look at our offense right now as sweep left/right running plays and short passes. Which means lot of punts and defense on the field ALOT.

SteelerAllDay
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Just curious to hear some names, but who would you guys interview if the o coordinator position did open up after this year. I would think some old associates from Vikings might be on list. Kevin Rodgers, qb coach, might be one or even Bevell the o-coordinator now. Another name looking good is ex qb coach Whipple down in Miami now. Doing great job with Hurricanes o. What are some other names you guys can think of would be good fit.

Callax
10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know where Gailey and Mularky are at right now??
Who's team they are coaching for??

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where Gailey and Mularky are at right now??
Who's team they are coaching for??

Mularkey is the OC for Atlanta and Gailey is unemployed, Cheifs fire him after three preseason games.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I hear Brian Billick is available...just saying.

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I hear Brian Billick is available...just saying.

Could be good as just an OC.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Could be good as just an OC.

I would say so. He was the engineer of one of the most prolific offenses of all-time in Minnesota. Crappy QB's hampered him in Baltimore. He did have a good TE, o-line, and RB while he was there and managed to produce a 2000 yard rusher and put Heap in the pro bowl a couple of times. I would also think that he'd jump at the opportunity to do some damage to the team that canned him.

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I would say so. He was the engineer of one of the most prolific offenses of all-time in Minnesota. Crappy QB's hampered him in Baltimore. He did have a good TE, o-line, and RB while he was there and managed to produce a 2000 yard rusher and put Heap in the pro bowl a couple of times. I would also think that he'd jump at the opportunity to do some damage to the team that canned him.

I agree he was good but apparently he doesn't want to coach anymore because if teams thought about him like you do surely they have already tried to persuade him to come back or maybe he would rather be a HC. Who knows

Ps In Minnesota he also had one of the most prolific wr corp too at the time.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree he was good but apparently he doesn't want to coach anymore because if teams thought about him like you do surely they have already tried to persuade him to come back or maybe he would rather be a HC. Who knows

He's still getting paid by Baltimore this year. I believe if he signs on with another team in any capacity they don't have to pay him. Supposedly he's still doing some "work" for the Ravens and doing TV analysis on the side. I think the contract runs out after this season. I would expect for him to make a return to coaching next year. He was on the local radio here today talking about it a bit. Said he thought there would be fewer HC jobs next year since there was so much turnover this past off-season. Maybe he'll have to take an OC job.

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Clowns or Bungles HC job? This could be Lewis's last yr, Bungles FO likes to stick with losers though.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Clowns or Bungles HC job? This could be Lewis's last yr, Bungles FO likes to stick with losers though.

If Cincy can go 8-8 I'd say Lewis keeps his job. Mangini is a trainwreck though. No idea how he got that job in the first place...and even less of a clue as to why he got it so quickly. I could see him as the Redskins HC. He lives on the eastern shore of MD and has business interests in Baltimore still. Dan Snyder probably would buy into his cocky attitude as well.

Iron City South
10-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Fruitless thread ....

Arians isn't going anywhere .. ESPECIALLY in the middle of a season.

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
If Cincy can go 8-8 I'd say Lewis keeps his job. Mangini is a trainwreck though. No idea how he got that job in the first place...and even less of a clue as to why he got it so quickly. I could see him as the Redskins HC. He lives on the eastern shore of MD and has business interests in Baltimore still. Dan Snyder probably would buy into his cocky attitude as well.

LOL, Your probably right

Fruitless thread ....

Arians isn't going anywhere .. ESPECIALLY in the middle of a season.

No, crap but it don't hurt to hope and dream:yellowthumb:

Iron City South
10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
LOL, Your probably right

No, crap but it don't hurt to hope and dream:yellowthumb:

**** in one hand, wish in the other, see which one fills up first. :thinking:

Like I said, pipedream theads like this are nonsensical because it ain't gonna happen.

Ben likes Arians and that's probably good enough to allow him to keep his job. We've got to work with what we have at the moment.

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
**** in one hand, wish in the other, see which one fills up first. :thinking:

Like I said, pipedream theads like this are nonsensical because it ain't gonna happen.

Ben likes Arians and that's probably good enough to allow him to keep his job. We've got to work with what we have at the moment.

Well some of us like to hope a little, nonsensical or not.