PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else........

kgreen
09-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Want the Whiz kid back as our O-Coordinator? I mean with Arians running s*** we can't do s*** running the ball! I think everyone on here is bringing up valid points about the blocking schemes. Zone is just not suitable for this line. We are meant for a power running game. I mean good defenses are just fiilling the gaps and our RBs have nowhere to go. I know Ben hated Whiz, but he was great at calling plays at the right time. His trick plays worked and he knew how to use a lot of weapons. We need someone who will call plays that work for this whole offense and not just Ben. I love Ben and what he does, but Arians just sucks. :2cents:

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Whisenhunt is coaching in Arizona so he isnt coming back here to be the offensive coordinator period. What purpose does it serve to ask people if they want Whiz back as the offensive coordinator when he would have no intention of ever coming back here again, and when he has a secure head coaching job with the Cardinals...

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Whisenhunt is coaching in Arizona so he isnt coming back here to be the offensive coordinator period. What purpose does it serve to ask people if they want Whiz back as the offensive coordinator when he would have no intention of ever coming back here again, and when he has a secure head coaching job with the Cardinals...

It's like pissing up a tree, or climbing a greased pole...Never ever will happen.

I'd take my boys 4th grade art teacher over our current, but Ben loves him and Coach T will not part ways mid season!

steelersforever1983
09-30-2009, 12:24 AM
he will after the season cuz the offense isn't scoring enough points.

Dee Mca
09-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Why doesn't anyone like the prevent offense? It's doing exactly what it's suppose to do. Prevent us from winning!!!!

steelersforever1983
09-30-2009, 12:31 AM
if you can't run the ball the defense will rush you all day so. the offense coordinator is a moron not playing to the lines strength which is smash mouth football. which includes a real fb not what that douche arians calls a fullback.

cmerrifield
09-30-2009, 09:01 AM
I dont want Whiz back because he never called the plays, it was Cowher. In fact, Big Ben said right after Tomlin was hired that the offense would work on something all week at practice and Cowher would throw it out on game day and go with the stuff he wanted. I would rather let Big Ben call the plays or at the very minimum call in three plays like they do for Peyton and let Ben pick which one of the three

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Perhaps Whiz will be available at the end of this season...with the way things are going in AZ.

75Steeler
09-30-2009, 12:02 PM
In Ed Bouchette's, Mike Tomlin report Tuesday Bouchette made the comment that the Steelers have been looking for their short yardage guy since Bettis retired. They need a guy who can get out of the red zone and into the endzone. Redman looked like that guy to me in the preseason! He is on the practice squad already and we know what he can do. What is the holdup?

:cope:

yinzer
09-30-2009, 12:38 PM
this thread is filled with utter ridiculousness. this team is not built for power running anymore. we don't have the OLINE to do it. arians called 2 good games the last 2 weeks. if anybody thinks otherwise, you either don't know football or didn't watch the game.

arians can draw up a good playbook. his only problem is making adjustments DURING the game.

the problem the last 2 games was execution. you people need to be injecting more venom into the veins of tomlin and lebeau for our latest debacle.

kgreen
09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
this thread is filled with utter ridiculousness. this team is not built for power running anymore. we don't have the OLINE to do it. arians called 2 good games the last 2 weeks. if anybody thinks otherwise, you either don't know football or didn't watch the game.

arians can draw up a good playbook. his only problem is making adjustments DURING the game.

the problem the last 2 games was execution. you people need to be injecting more venom into the veins of tomlin and lebeau for our latest debacle.

No the reason we were able to run the ball was because the Bungles D is just average. We haven't been able to run on a good defense for a while. Dude stop standing up for Arians you know deep down he can't do s***.

yinzer
09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
No the reason we were able to run the ball was because the Bungles D is just average. We haven't been able to run on a good defense for a while. Dude stop standing up for Arians you know deep down he can't do s***.

well, that'll be your little secret.

arians was not responsible for:
- santonio's missed HOT resulting in a pick 6
- dropped pass in EZ
- inability to cover a journeyman fat *** FB
- miss FG
- defensive puckering
- kemo whiffing on block on for sure willie TD

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
I dont want Whiz back because he never called the plays, it was Cowher. In fact, Big Ben said right after Tomlin was hired that the offense would work on something all week at practice and Cowher would throw it out on game day and go with the stuff he wanted. I would rather let Big Ben call the plays or at the very minimum call in three plays like they do for Peyton and let Ben pick which one of the three

Agreed!!! :yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 12:11 PM ---

Perhaps Whiz will be available at the end of this season...with the way things are going in AZ.

:hilarious::hilarious: You got that chit right!

Stlrs4Life
09-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Exactly, i don't think of stuff that I know that isn't even possible to happen.

Iron City South
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Why are the Mods even allowing these bullshit threads to exist?

Get out the Zamboni and clean the ice already!

Blazedby92
10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Why are the Mods even allowing these bullshit threads to exist?

Get out the Zamboni and clean the ice already!

Who pissed in your cheerios?