PDA

View Full Version : Limas officially out as 4th WR... Mcdonald IN

igor0190
09-29-2009, 03:25 PM
As per Mike Tomlin...

Looks like Limas will have some time to learn how to catch the ball again before he sees game time again. It's unfortunate in that we had such high expectations for him. But hey, Mike Wallace has stepped up and deserves to be #3.

steelersgal86
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Tomlin may bench Steelers WR Sweed after drops

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Steelers receiver Limas Sweed (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8830/;_ylt=Atof.gNwQQjXGMtXs5szXTsdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8830/news;_ylt=Aowlhurr25uwHdkrKiuFxzMdsLYF) may have dropped his way onto the bench.
Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin says he may deactivate Sweed, the team’s second-round pick last year, for Sunday night’s game against the San Diego Chargers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sdg/) (2-1).

“Absolutely,” Tomlin said at his Tuesday news conference when asked if he was considering benching Sweed in favor of veteran Shaun McDonald (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6442/;_ylt=Aplfh_pZLJjuQ1QpYTxPHpEdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6442/news;_ylt=Apm3_DktXYymR.pyLvDBHsQdsLYF).
Sweed had one catch for 5 yards and dropped a pass in the end zone in the third quarter on Sunday as the Steelers fell to 1-2 with a 23-20 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cin/;_ylt=Al2Q2VSMvGeXO6v1dHA1FuEdsLYF) (2-1). Sweed, who missed the previous game with a foot injury, has a history of dropped passes in his young career—most famously a drop while wide open during last season’s AFC Championship game.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Ride the pine Sweed!

Look on the bright side, he made the "com'on man" highlight reel last night!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Gotta like Tomlin's candor. "Absolutely!"

igor0190
09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Gotta like Tomlin's candor. "Absolutely!"

No doubt. Tomlin doesn't screw around. Thankfully we have Mcdonald who I have no doubt can get the job done. Sweed will have to wait around a little longer.

Iron City South
09-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Something tells me Sweed is done in Pittsburgh. He ain't got "IT" ...

"IT" is what Tomlin was looking for and he gave Sweed plenty of chances to prove he has "IT".

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
No doubt. Tomlin doesn't screw around. Thankfully we have Mcdonald who I have no doubt can get the job done. Sweed will have to wait around a little longer.

The dude is a big target. I'm really surprised he hasn't had much success. It's still early I guess.

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 02:00 PM ---

"IT" is what Tomlin was looking for and he gave Sweed plenty of chances to prove he has "IT".

We'll take him in Baltimore. Clayton is terrible.

BlackGold4vr
09-29-2009, 04:05 PM
McDonald is a proven veteran. The ONLY reason Sweed was seeing playing time over McDonald IMO is that size differential. Sweed was our big wide-out for those fade routes in the endzone. But whats the sense in throwing to a guy with bricks for hands. Maybe we should make him a DB and let him play opposite of Ike Taylor. That way we could have 2 DB's who can't catch. :lol:

With Wallace playing a solid #3 and McDonald at #4 we should have plenty of options for Ben to throw to.

Iron City South
09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
The dude is a big target. I'm really surprised he hasn't had much success. It's still early I guess.

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 02:00 PM ---

We'll take him in Baltimore. Clayton is terrible.

I'd take Kelly Washington over Sweed any day of the week and twice on Sunday's ...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I'd take Kelly Washington over Sweed any day of the week and twice on Sunday's ...

Washington was a nice pickup, but he's an old man...I'm pretty sure Ozzie would take that trade in a heartbeat.

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 02:39 PM ---

Also...another question about Sweed. Doesn't he have serious issues with his eyesight??? Seems like they should look into lasik for him.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Trade you Sweed and Bruce Arians for Cam Cameron??? lol

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Trade you Sweed and Bruce Arians for Cam Cameron??? lol

Only if we can throw in Frank Walker.

Callax
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Knew this would happen
Sweed dropped his way to the bench!!
this league is produce or N.F.L.
Not
For
Long
sweed, get those hands to always catch a football or else get used to saying, "would you like fries with that order??"

HUNT4SEVEN
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Sweed has broken my heart also! he has the talent, he's just not puting it all together, maybe this demotion will help him get his SH&^ together:thinking:, i don't wanna give up on him just yet:nono:...........

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Knew this would happen
Sweed dropped his way to the bench!!
this league is produce or N.F.L.
Not
For
Long
sweed, get those hands to always catch a football or else get used to saying, "would you like fries with that order??"

That $3.3M will probably keep him in bling for a year or two...then after that, you're probably right.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
McDonald takes over at #3, Wallace gets more playing time now and Sweed is left keeping the bench warm. Benching Sweed is probably the best thing to do from a team standpoint, but from a player standpoint he hasn't proven he's going to be able to handle that IMO. He seems like a very fragile player and I'm not so sure he'll be able to recover if we need him later in the year.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
McDonald takes over at #3, Wallace gets more playing time now and Sweed is left keeping the bench warm. Benching Sweed is probably the best thing to do from a team standpoint, but from a player standpoint he hasn't proven he's going to be able to handle that IMO. He seems like a very fragile player and I'm not so sure he'll be able to recover if we need him later in the year.

True, but at this point you can't trust him.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM

I get what youre saying TG but the bottom line is you cant play Sweed after what he just did in the game Sunday. Tomlin also said today that the next time Sweed does get a chance to make a big play in a game whenever he does get it again he had better make it. He was very quick to the point as well when he said that today. That tells me right there that Tomlin and the Steelers are not going to keep putting up with Sweed and his drops much longer. He is on a very short leash right now and anymore drops out of Sweed the next time he gets in there that have a signifigant impact on the game like the other day did, dont be surprised if you see Sweet released. Tomlin is not going to tolerate Sweed dropping the damn ball anymore he has had enough. Sunday was the last drop that Sweed can make before there is a chance that he gets released on the next one.

Big T
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Give Limas some more time...he has been disappointing but I really do believe he can get his **** together. Saying that his time in Pittsburgh is over is just stupid.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Give Limas some more time...he has been disappointing but I really do believe he can get his **** together. Saying that his time in Pittsburgh is over is just stupid.

If the Steelers dropped him teams would be falling over each other to pick him up. Perhaps a trade can be worked out.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 05:30 PM

Im not saying it's over but how many more passes and big TD's does Sweed have to keep dropping before Tomlin and the staff says enough is enough. Tomlin's patience is growing very thin with Sweed is all Im saying. You cant keep dropping balls in big situations like Sweed has done time and time again since he has been in a Steelers uniform. They are giving him chances and he is failing and failing miserably each and everytime they do...Eventually if the samething keeps happening his chances and luck are going to run out...

Captcoolhand
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Sad that you had to see him getting benched. Being that he was picked in the 2nd round, you would have thought he would have at least caught on alot faster and have better hands being, This is **** that you would expect from a 5-7 rounder.........:2cents:

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Sad that you had to see him getting benched. Being that he was picked in the 2nd round, you would have thought he would have at least caught on alot faster and have better hands being, This is **** that you would expect from a 5-7 rounder.........:2cents:

I really dont believe Tomlin cares if Sweed is a 2nd round pick or a 7th round pick. Im sure if you ask Tomlin that he would say I could care less. Sweed just better start catching the ball when it's thrown to him or he isnt going to see the field at least in a Steelers uniform ever again...

Big T
09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm just saying...Sweed is struggling, fine, put in Shaun McDonald. I think Sweed just needs more time to develop and learn from some veteran players. I would be fine with siting sweed, even if it's all year. I just don't want the steelers to do something stupid like getting rid of him prematurely. I do believe that with time he will get better.

K Train
09-29-2009, 06:01 PM
not a fan of deactivating him, if obviously in his head....doing that will never make him better

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
not a fan of deactivating him, if obviously in his head....doing that will never make him better

Well then start catching the damn ball Train and he wont have to worry about being deactivated. Sweed has made his own bed with his drops,and the fact that Mike Wallace with his superb play thus far has made Limas Sweed look like a complete and total stiff isnt helping him either...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-29-2009, 07:24 PM

I want him to get reps to and improve....But since the Steelers are in a 1-2 hole there is really no room for error to see if Sweed can work it out.......So for right now I want to see McDonald as the number 4 WR and let Sweed earn his spot back......If the Steelers were 3-0 then I would be all letting Limas Sweed continue to develop despite him dropping TD's........

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Settle down, he'll be off the field for 1 week max. I'm betteing he'll be putting in some overtime with a QB this week and next.

His drops **** everyone off, but the kid has too much talent to cut or keep off the field for long....

steelersforever1983
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
i think it was the best decision right now. The guy drops passes that are thrown to him. plus i think tomlin wanted to say a message to his players if you don't improve you'll not be a steeler next year to light the fire in them.

Steel Trap86
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
That drop on the Sunday might have been his last.

Its a shame though, Sweed can get WIDE open...just cant catch the damn ball!

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Settle down, he'll be off the field for 1 week max. I'm betteing he'll be putting in some overtime with a QB this week and next.

His drops **** everyone off, but the kid has too much talent to cut or keep off the field for long....

If Wallace continues to be productive like he has been so far through 3 games,and McDonald comes in this week and makes some plays on 3rd down then the Steelers are going to be hard pressed to give Sweed another chance only after 1 week. Sweed will get back out their eventually I believe but it's going to take a little more then a week or two for him to do so. He has a lot of work to do before Tomlin is going to put him back on the field I believe it's not going to happen overnight...

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 08:43 PM
If Wallace continues to be productive like he has been so far through 3 games,and McDonald comes in this week and makes some plays on 3rd down then the Steelers are going to be hard pressed to give Sweed another chance only after 1 week. Sweed will get back out their eventually I believe but it's going to take a little more then a week or two for him to do so. He has a lot of work to do before Tomlin is going to put him back on the field I believe it's not going to happen overnight...

I agree 100%, but if we bench him for the season, the last thing he's remembered for is that drop. Will that help in a trade situation? I doubt it, I say he sees more time....

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-29-2009, 09:17 PM
He deserves bench time ,but ya also have to give him a chance at redeeming himself...it's a fine line. They have too much invested to just cut him,but ya also have to produce to earn playing time. Maybe he would do better if the ball was thrown to him more often ,sorta to let him get into flow of game,but he hasn't really done enough to earn any extra throws...

yinzer
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
buh bye sweed. you had your chancES.

ShellShock
09-30-2009, 01:21 AM
Sweed will be active, someone in the F/O will override Tomlin.

Iron City South
09-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Sweed will be active, someone in the F/O will override Tomlin.

Sweed isn't even going to dress ..... He's done. He doesn't "It" ! Sweed proved to Tomlin and co. that he's got "puckering sphinkter" syndrome which cannot be coached.

The only reason they're showing him as the #5 WR is because there isn't a #6

That's fine by me. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Wallace and Shawn McDonald who will be a hell of a lot more productive as a unit than we're seeing now.

SteelCityKid5
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
It's really unfortunate because he can do everything except catch. He can get open, he has the height and speed, and he can block. I've always like Sweed but I mean you have to make those grabs. I hope everything works out for him though and he gets out of this funk.

PS: Thank God for Mike Wallace

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Washington was a nice pickup, but he's an old man...I'm pretty sure Ozzie would take that trade in a heartbeat.

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 02:39 PM ---

Also...another question about Sweed. Doesn't he have serious issues with his eyesight??? Seems like they should look into lasik for him.

I think he lacks serious concentration...someone pointed out to me he was looking at the camera instead of looking for the ball..perhaps he can't multi task well...not sure but he needs replaced until he finds his nitch...If that was me catching that football in the endzone, I'd be holding onto it like a newborn baby!!!!! :OA02:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I think he lacks serious concentration...someone pointed out to me he was looking at the camera instead of looking for the ball..perhaps he can't multi task well...not sure but he needs replaced until he finds his nitch...If that was me catching that football in the endzone, I'd be holding onto it like a newborn baby!!!!! :OA02:

Yeah I heard about how he appeared to be looking at something else instead of the ball. My only thoughts were, was that something else remotely in the line of sight as the ball...if the guy has an astigmatism in both eyes he may have issues with focusing...especially of moving objects that left the hand of one of the stronger armed QB's in the game. Then again some guys just can't catch...could be a coordination thing.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah I heard about how he appeared to be looking at something else instead of the ball. My only thoughts were, was that something else remotely in the line of sight as the ball...if the guy has an astigmatism in both eyes he may have issues with focusing...especially of moving objects that left the hand of one of the stronger armed QB's in the game. Then again some guys just can't catch...could be a coordination thing.

Yea could be but don't you think WRs have some kind of eye test with their physicials I mean damn if you have no depth perception then you sure as heck shouldn;t be trying to catch balls flying at your face!! :lol: I more apt to believe a coordination thing as well but who knows...feel bad for the guy, he has had a couple really good catches.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Yea could be but don't you think WRs have some kind of eye test with their physicials I mean damn if you have no depth perception then you sure as heck shouldn;t be trying to catch balls flying at your face!! :lol: I more apt to believe a coordination thing as well but who knows...feel bad for the guy, he has had a couple really good catches.

I'd assume that his eyes were tested at the combine or prior to the draft. Seems like something that would have been caught. Perhaps it's propaganda from his "camp" trying to make excuses for him.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd assume that his eyes were tested at the combine or prior to the draft. Seems like something that would have been caught. Perhaps it's propaganda from his "camp" trying to make excuses for him.

Anything is possible....

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Anything is possible....

I think he works it out and has a nice career. Maybe he just needs to catch a couple thousand balls to get this worked out. Looks like he has time. The good thing is you can teach a guy to catch...you can't teach him 6'4", 220 lbs, and fast.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
I think he works it out and has a nice career. Maybe he just needs to catch a couple thousand balls to get this worked out. Looks like he has time. The good thing is you can teach a guy to catch...you can't teach him 6'4", 220 lbs, and fast.

Yep..Yep...Santonio was not so great his first couple years now he's a SB MVP...alwasys hope, I'd like him to stay a Steeler...I think he has alot of talent.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Yep..Yep...Santonio was not so great his first couple years now he's a SB MVP...alwasys hope, I'd like him to stay a Steeler...I think he has alot of talent.

Plenty of good receivers have had issues with drops early in their careers. I'm sure the pressure of playing for the Steelers only makes it worse.

DanRooney
09-30-2009, 03:29 PM
FlaccoSaysHi, were you here when we beat you 3 times last season? If not, you shouldn't be here now.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
FlaccoSaysHi, were you here when we beat you 3 times last season? If not, you shouldn't be here now.

Yeah, that's not real sound logic.

Callax
09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I hope McD does not drop anything within 10 feet of him or the fans will be wanting his head and sweed will look good again... I just want our WR'S to not drop ANY Passes!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I hope McD does not drop anything within 10 feet of him or the fans will be wanting his head and sweed will look good again... I just want our WR'S to not drop ANY Passes!

That sounds like a tall order. Even the best drop a pass from time to time. I think a few fans might be focusing all their early season frustrations on a Sweed.

DanRooney
09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, that's not real sound logic.

What's wrong with the logic? It means you hide like a coward when your team loses, and boast when your team is winning. I believe they call that a fairweather fan.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
What's wrong with the logic? It means you hide like a coward when your team loses, and boast when your team is winning. I believe they call that a fairweather fan.

Considering I didn't know this place existed until 2 days ago...I'd say you're blowing hot air. Love the comment about me boasting about the Ravens...doubt you can find a link to support that jab. Carry on though...it amuses me.

DanRooney
09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Considering I didn't know this place existed until 2 days ago...I'd say you're blowing hot air. Love the comment about me boasting about the Ravens...doubt you can find a link to support that jab. Carry on though...it amuses me.

Considering 2 days ago the Ravens went 3-0 and Pittsburgh lost their 2nd consecutive game :lol:

How old are you kid? 14-15?

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 02:09 PM ---

I'm not trying to smack you around. I'm just seeing if you'll still be here if we beat you down the road towards the end of the season.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Considering 2 days ago the Ravens went 3-0 and Pittsburgh lost their 2nd consecutive game :lol:

How old are you kid? 14-15?

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 02:09 PM ---

I'm not trying to smack you around. I'm just seeing if you'll still be here if we beat you down the road towards the end of the season.

Good to hear...if you were trying to "smack me around" this would be one of the poorest attempts I've seen. I'm here to discuss football. Take care.

DanRooney
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Good to hear...if you were trying to "smack me around" this would be one of the poorest attempts I've seen. I'm here to discuss football. Take care.

Agan, not answering my question, probably meaning my assumptions were spot on :yellowthumb:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Agan, not answering my question, probably meaning my assumptions were spot on :yellowthumb:

Great work...you're really cracking this case. This board must be very proud to have you as a member.

FYI- you should probably just stop now. You're taking this thread off-topic which is very rude and you're embarrassing yourself.

DanRooney
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Great work...you're really cracking this case. This board must be very proud to have you as a member.

FYI- you should probably just stop now. You're taking this thread off-topic which is very rude and you're embarrassing yourself.

I can see all of the Steeler fans in here agreeing with you. Did they already ban you from the Ravens board?

Haha this guy is a clown. Only reason Top Gun hasn't banned you is because you'll disappear when Flacco faces any tough defense and chokes. Look at his passer rating against the Steelers. Something on the lines of 80, 20, 10? :clap:

Zachintosh66
09-30-2009, 10:33 PM
"McBobble" returns...

andyg1984
10-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Fact 1 - The last time Limas Sweed impressed anybody was in 2006 against crummy college defenses. The preseason does not count for a reason.
Fact 2- This is professional football. If any of us were to have delivered the horrible results he has in our jobs we would be fired. There is not a spot on the team for a WR that cannot catch passes when he is wide open.
Fact 3 - He is obviously on MT's bad side. If we can get anything decent for him he will be gone - too bad we will not as his output so far has not been worthy of giving up a draft pick .. even in the late rounds
Fact 4- sometimes you have to cut your losses

yinzer
10-02-2009, 08:29 AM

tomlin made sweed get an eye exam last season and he got contact lenses. sweed's problem is focus. he DESERVES to be benched this week. he'll be back. he'll get over this.

TEEMONT
10-02-2009, 10:02 AM

You ride Tomlin's jock entirely too much. "It" cannot be measured, so when someone fails it's easy for you to say he doesn't have "it". So far it looks like your boy Mendenhall doesn't have "it" either.

****....starting at 1-2 maybe the whole team doesn't have "it". Sweed has a terrible case of the dropsies, but then so does a certain Super Bowl MVP at the moment. Shaun McDonald is solid at WR, but not the answer in the long run. Thank God for Mike Wallace.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM
tomlin made sweed get an eye exam last season and he got contact lenses. sweed's problem is focus. he DESERVES to be benched this week. he'll be back. he'll get over this.

Depending on the severity of astigmatism it is not fully correctable with toric contact lenses. He may require surgery to fully enable his eyesight. Just saying I wouldn't be shocked if the team doctors suddenly came to the conclusion that his issues are eye related still.

LatrobePA
10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
He can see the ball, get the ball to his hands, pull it in, just can't hang onto the sure TD's. I would hope his eye sight isn't causing that!

TEEMONT
10-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Depending on the severity of astigmatism it is not fully correctable with toric contact lenses. He may require surgery to fully enable his eyesight. Just saying I wouldn't be shocked if the team doctors suddenly came to the conclusion that his issues are eye related still.

I have my doubts there are still eye problems. The ball he dropped last week that has everyone up in arms, was in his hands, and secured. His eyes had nothing to do with that drop at all.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 10:18 AM
He can see the ball, get the ball to his hands, pull it in, just can't hang onto the sure TD's. I would hope his eye sight isn't causing that!

Given that his condition is a mis-shaped cornea (severely it seems) and that mis-shaped cornea improperly focuses light...really anything is possible. I've never had this issue, but I'd assume it can affect hand-eye coordination. I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but there have been plenty of guys with eye sight issues that it took a while to properly diagnose and correct.

--- Added 10/2/2009 at 08:18 AM ---

I have my doubts there are still eye problems. The ball he dropped last week that has everyone up in arms, was in his hands, and secured. His eyes had nothing to do with that drop at all.

You might be right...he could also have eye problems and just made a terrible play as well. Who knows.

LatrobePA
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
No I think he has a very rare case of "head-in-your-***-syndrome"! The good thing is, it can be cured!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 10:24 AM
No I think he has a very rare case of "head-in-your-***-syndrome"! The good thing is, it can be cured!

Probably right...I made excuses for Kyle Boller right up until he left the Ravens...I just have to believe that the talent is there and will come out for these guys.

LatrobePA
10-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Probably right...I made excuses for Kyle Boller right up until he left the Ravens...I just have to believe that the talent is there and will come out for these guys.

It does but for some with a diffrent team! I hope he can clean it up, he can get open which is half the battle.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
It does but for some with a diffrent team! I hope he can clean it up, he can get open which is half the battle.

I'd love to see Boller light it up in St. Louis. Good guy and he took his lumps in Baltimore like a man. A lot of the fans were disrespectful to him like when they cheered after he got injured. Hopefully he'll prove everyone wrong.

yinzer
10-02-2009, 11:14 AM

i wasn't aware that he even had an astigmatism. the funny thing is, the ball hits him in the hands. he just can't hold onto it. it's not his eyes.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
i wasn't aware that he even had an astigmatism. the funny thing is, the ball hits him in the hands. he just can't hold onto it. it's not his eyes.

My only thoughts there are...he's not seeing the ball clearly and thus not grabbing the ball at the right time. Again I could be wrong...I'm just not ruling out eye issues because they've been mis-diagnosed and poorly treated for a number of athletes in the past. I'd bet Limas probably suffers from migrane headaches as well.

yinzer
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
My only thoughts there are...he's not seeing the ball clearly and thus not grabbing the ball at the right time. Again I could be wrong...I'm just not ruling out eye issues because they've been mis-diagnosed and poorly treated for a number of athletes in the past. I'd bet Limas probably suffers from migrane headaches as well.

i mean... it's possible. bottom line is, if sweed has a true physical condition, which i don't believe is causing his dropsies, then he shouldn't be allowed to play... period. I'm sure the coaches have had an optometrist/opthamologist give him an examination. if something physical was causing his issues, he wouldn't be playing... especially a position that calls for phenomenal hand-eye coordination.

again, IMO, it's not his eyes. it's what's between his ears. anybody putting the blame on his eyes, including coaches, fans, or seed himself, are kidding themselves.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
i mean... it's possible. bottom line is, if sweed has a true physical condition, which i don't believe is causing his dropsies, then he shouldn't be allowed to play... period. I'm sure the coaches have had an optometrist/opthamologist give him an examination. if something physical was causing his issues, he wouldn't be playing... especially a position that calls for phenomenal hand-eye coordination.

again, IMO, it's not his eyes. it's what's between his ears. anybody putting the blame on his eyes, including coaches, fans, or seed himself, are kidding themselves.

We'll see. Maybe it's just nerves...plenty of great WR's had problems with the drops early in their careers. I seem to remember Torry Holt dropping his share of passes in 1999.

Richmond Rukus
10-02-2009, 01:42 PM

From reading through the thread it seems he is adding to the topic with no personal jabs. So whats the problem.

igor0190
10-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Flacco is pretty tame most of the time... Some of his posts are a little out in left field though.

Although he's posted 244 times in the last 3-4 days... People are understandably getting sick of looking at "JoeFlaccoSaysHi" and that picture with those ugly purple uniforms the Rats wear.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Flacco is pretty tame most of the time... Some of his posts are a little out in left field though.

Although he's posted 244 times in the last 3-4 days... People are understandably getting sick of looking at "JoeFlaccoSaysHi" and that picture with those ugly purple uniforms the Rats wear.

What can I say...I'm prolific...I'm also waiting for the QA's to finish testing a something I've been working on for the past few months. Twiddling my thumbs till it's finished. Already defraged the hard drive, cleaned my office, done some Christmas shopping, and reviewed my credit score...:lol:

andyg1984
10-02-2009, 06:41 PM
which of the following is more likely to explain why someone drops passes?

A) they have a very unique vision problem that does not seem to impact any other WR's to a meaningful extent
B) they have bad hands

--- Added 10/2/2009 at 04:41 PM ---

if you guessed B you are correct

SteelerSteve
10-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah I heard about how he appeared to be looking at something else instead of the ball. My only thoughts were, was that something else remotely in the line of sight as the ball...if the guy has an astigmatism in both eyes he may have issues with focusing...especially of moving objects that left the hand of one of the stronger armed QB's in the game. Then again some guys just can't catch...could be a coordination thing.I think I need lasik, are my eyes decieving me? A Baltimore fan thats actually here to talk football and isn't a troll? Awesome. Anyways, back on subject, Sweed has caught some balls that had a lot more pep on them than that touchdown pass which leads me to think that he just gets overexcited when he has a chance to make a big play and blows it. I hope that he can concentrate and get back into the game and apply the talent that he undeniably has. I still have faith in the guy but maybe we should stop throwing to him in the endzone lol

--- Added 10/2/2009 at 05:47 PM ---

What can I say...I'm prolific...I'm also waiting for the QA's to finish testing a something I've been working on for the past few months. Twiddling my thumbs till it's finished. Already defraged the hard drive, cleaned my office, done some Christmas shopping, and reviewed my credit score...:lol: I wouldn't worry about those guys dude. you seem to be pretty cool for a Ravens fan, post away!