PDA

View Full Version : New Power Rankings...Week 4

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Pretty good job by FoxSports on these. The SI and ESPN rankings have been pretty reactionary.

CBS just posted theirs as well:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

This one seems a bit shortsighted.

And finally ESPN has chimed in:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=4

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Seems right...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Seems right...

Early lines have Steelers favored by 6.5 this week.

SouthCentral
09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
yep, not sure if i buy the eagles that high though. they have a soft schedule with the exception of the saints (who thrashed 'em). i guess by record they'll look good. i dont know... just not sold on them

lol it is funny how they call Troy the "hairy all-pro safety"

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
yep, not sure if i buy the eagles that high though. they have a soft schedule with the exception of the saints (who thrashed 'em). i guess by record they'll look good. i dont know... just not sold on them

lol it is funny how they call Troy the "hairy all-pro safety"

Vegas has the Eagles at 8-1 odds to win the Super Bowl. Seems a bit off.

SouthCentral
09-29-2009, 12:20 PM
yea.. i guess i should put in an asterisk to help justify what i was saying:
* theyre early schedule is soft (making them look good) but looking at weeks 7 on will be a bit of a challenge. i dont really see them as SB contenders. well not this early anyway...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
yea.. i guess i should put in an asterisk to help justify what i was saying:
* theyre early schedule is soft (making them look good) but looking at weeks 7 on will be a bit of a challenge. i dont really see them as SB contenders. well not this early anyway...

There is no way in hell I'd pick them to win the superbowl at 8-1 odds.

Arizona Cardinals 40-1
Atlanta Falcons 20-1
Baltimore Ravens 6-1
Buffalo Bills 125-1
Carolina Panthers 80-1
Chicago Bears 24-1
Cincinnati Bengals 45-1
Cleveland Browns 1000-1
Dallas Cowboys 15-1
Denver Broncos 50-1
Detroit Lions 400-1
Green Bay Packers 16-1
Houston Texans 60-1
Indianapolis Colts 8-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 60-1
Kansas City Chiefs 500-1
Miami Dolphins 100-1
Minnesota Vikings 12-1
New England Patriots 6.5-1
New Orleans Saints 6.5-1
New York Giants 7-1
New York Jets 15-1
Oakland Raiders 500-1
Philadelphia Eagles 8-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10-1
St. Louis Rams 1000-1
San Diego Chargers 10-1
San Francisco 49ers 280-1
Seattle Seahawks 50-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1000-1
Tennessee Titans 50-1
Washington Redskins 100-1

If I had to pick from this list based on getting good odds...I go with the Vikings or the Titans. I think neither will win, but based on their odds it might be worth the chance.

steelerfan11
09-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe if the Vikings win the SB Favre will leave forever...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Maybe if the Vikings win the SB Favre will leave forever...

I think Favre will try to play until he is physically unable able to run onto a football field. I look at Favre and see a guy with not much other than playing football. He's not real bright and probably wouldn't make a very good announcer or analyst. Once he retires from football he really doesn't have much he can do beside mow his lawn and just hang out. That sounds good to a lot of us, but I think it sounds like hell to Favre.

igor0190
09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I think Favre just feels he can still play the game... People are just tired of his indecisiveness regarding retirement. I think Favre would be content with retirement and probably spend lots of time hunting and 4 wheeling. It's just annoying when he takes over the news headlines every year.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
I think Favre will try to play until he is physically unable able to run onto a football field. I look at Favre and see a guy with not much other than playing football. He's not real bright and probably wouldn't make a very good announcer or analyst. Once he retires from football he really doesn't have much he can do beside mow his lawn and just hang out. That sounds good to a lot of us, but I think it sounds like hell to Favre.

If I had his wife I can think of certain things I could do in the down time! :banana:

igor0190
09-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Does anyone actually think the Bengals are a better team than the Steelers? Anyone?
I'm just saying.

Sir Blitzelot
09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I think the Vikings are down a bit too far on the foxsports one.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I think Favre just feels he can still play the game... People are just tired of his indecisiveness regarding retirement. I think Favre would be content with retirement and probably spend lots of time hunting and 4 wheeling. It's just annoying when he takes over the news headlines every year.

It's getting a little sad at this point. I'd hate to see his career end on a stretcher.

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 01:00 PM ---

Does anyone actually think the Bengals are a better team than the Steelers? Anyone?
I'm just saying.

Clearly the FoxSports ranking is better than the CBS ranking.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I think Favre is one big hit away from retirement for good...I love how the guy plays but he's getting banged up!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I think Favre is one big hit away from retirement for good...I love how the guy plays but he's getting banged up!

No doubt he's a warrior.

Callax
09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
cbs says steelers are 13th best??
tht's too low
worse than the dallas cryboys
PLEASE!
bungles got lucky
steelers should be 3-5 spots higher
after win vs SD that will change

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:02 PM
tht's too low
PLEASE!
bungles got lucky

Imagine if they influenced the "post season" like they do in college football. LOL!!

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 03:02 PM ---

Did someone on the Steelers sleep with this writer's wife???

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/09/29/losing.records/index.html?eref=T1

Ouch!

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Imagine if they influenced the "post season" like they do in college football. LOL!!

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 03:02 PM ---

Did someone on the Steelers sleep with this writer's wife???

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/09/29/losing.records/index.html?eref=T1

Ouch!

lol, maybe he found out she likes it in the pooper!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 09:18 AM
tht's too low
PLEASE!
bungles got lucky

This morning on Mike & Mike they were saying how there's a good chance that both wildcards could come from the AFC North. I found that humorous. I think the Bengals are a good team, but they aren't going to be dominant enough out of division to make the playoffs this year...even with two cheap wins at the Browns expense.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 01:03 PM
We have more talent this year however I'm not feeling the chemistry like we had last year. Just not sure what the missing link is. I know Troy is a HUGE factor in our defense but it just feels to me like the enthusiasm is gone. Ravens look hungrier than we do...they really want to win, i'm just not seeing that in the Steelers this year so far. I'm not a believer in the SB hangover...pure crap but something is really missing here but I can't put my finger on it...:thinking:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
We have more talent this year however I'm not feeling the chemistry like we had last year. Just not sure what the missing link is. I know Troy is a HUGE factor in our defense but it just feels to me like the enthusiasm is gone. Ravens look hungrier than we do...they really want to win, i'm just not seeing that in the Steelers this year so far. I'm not a believer in the SB hangover...pure crap but something is really missing here but I can't put my finger on it...:thinking:

Eh...if I had to bet, I say the team will be fine as soon as Troy is back and healthy. The Steelers are a defensive team...Troy is their best player...and the defense is clearly not the same without him. When I saw him go down...I figured it would cost the Steelers a couple wins. I don't see the Steelers losing more than 5 games this season...may have just gotten 2 of those losses out of the way early.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Eh...if I had to bet, I say the team will be fine as soon as Troy is back and healthy. The Steelers are a defensive team...Troy is their best player...and the defense is clearly not the same without him. When I saw him go down...I figured it would cost the Steelers a couple wins. I don't see the Steelers losing more than 5 games this season...may have just gotten 2 of those losses out of the way early.

I'm hoping you're right but we can't just rely on Troy we need the entire package this year or this will be a LONG season. I have faith and haven't given up...could be worse, we could be the Browns....:hehheh:

Are you happy Mason is back or do you not think he makes a big impression?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm hoping you're right but we can't just rely on Troy we need the entire package this year or this will be a LONG season. I have faith and haven't given up...could be worse, we could be the Browns....:hehheh:

Are you happy Mason is back or do you not think he makes a big impression?

If Ray Lewis were out the Ravens would be in the same boat. I think most good defenses have that one guy that makes it all work.

While I'm happy he returned, I think he's pretty much washed up. He'll get his receptions and yards this year, mostly due to the fact that he's Flacco's first choice as a target. I would have been happier if he would have stayed retired and it would have forced the Ravens to trade for Bolden or Brandon Marshall.

Callax
09-30-2009, 01:22 PM
WOW espn must be doing crack having PITT @ 16??

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
If Ray Lewis were out the Ravens would be in the same boat. I think most good defenses have that one guy that makes it all work.

While I'm happy he returned, I think he's pretty much washed up. He'll get his receptions and yards this year, mostly due to the fact that he's Flacco's first choice as a target. I would have been happier if he would have stayed retired and it would have forced the Ravens to trade for Bolden or Brandon Marshall.

Oh you would definately have a big hole without Ray for sure..

that would have been a sweet trade getting Marshall even though he's a spoiled brat! :grin1:

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 12:27 PM ---

Now how do you expect the Steelers to play the way they have the last 2 wks and stay up there?? I'd say 16 is a little low but alot of other teams are playing WAY better than us...we can't get high on the power rankings just by being the Pittsburgh Steelers...dont work that way...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh you would definately have a big hole without Ray for sure..

that would have been a sweet trade getting Marshall even though he's a spoiled brat! :grin1:

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 12:27 PM ---

Now how do you expect the Steelers to play the way they have the last 2 wks and stay up there?? I'd say 16 is a little low but alot of other teams are playing WAY better than us...we can't get high on the power rankings just by being the Pittsburgh Steelers...dont work that way...

I got a good laugh at all the trade proposals my fellow fans were suggesting for him. A number of them thought that Troy Smith and a spare parts would get it done. I wouldn't have had a problem with a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him.

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 12:31 PM ---

ESPN and SI have been very reactionary. It seems like Fox Sports is the best one right now.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I got a good laugh at all the trade proposals my fellow fans were suggesting for him. A number of them thought that Troy Smith and a spare parts would get it done. I wouldn't have had a problem with a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him.

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 12:31 PM ---

ESPN and SI have been very reactionary. It seems like Fox Sports is the best one right now.

Ummmmmm....I wouldn't necessarily want to give up that 1st rounder for him but perhaps a 2nd IMO.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Ummmmmm....I wouldn't necessarily want to give up that 1st rounder for him but perhaps a 2nd IMO.

The Broncos were sticking to their guns on the 1st and 2nd rounders as compensation. Marshall is a beast. If he can stop slapping his woman around (allegedly) he might have a great career. The way contracts have been getting out of hand for 1st round picks lately, I'd have been ok with paying the Broncos demanded price. A 1st and a 3rd would have been much easier to swallow though.