PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger...

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 11:58 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/10774510/rawbigben

I dont know how many of you are Wrestling fans but according to this link I just posted above Ben is scheduled to host Monday night Raw next Monday October 5th in Wilkes Barre PA. This is a very very bad move in my opinion for the Steelers organization to condone this and let Ben do this in the middle of the football season. Ben had better hope he has a damn good game on Sunday night 24 hours before this and the Steelers win this game against the Chargers or this is going to cause a lot and I mean a lot of problems...This is another reason and story that makes you question where this teams head truly and really is when they are allowing Ben to do things like this in the middle of the season. Tomlin should be asked about this and called out about it tomorrow at his News Conference

Stlrs4Life
09-29-2009, 12:02 AM
If it is his day off, he should be able to do anything he feels like doing, as long he is not participating in the matches. He probably is also getting paid to do it.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Troys Madden, Head And Shoulders shampoo, soft drink, STOP RIGHT there, play the game your paid to play.

Come on Ben, WTF!

MOTORKRAFT
09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Wait, let me read my Tomlin bashing post to see if you were one of the ones that told me to go kill myself and then I will get back to you on your negative post. Hold the razor blades and don't load the bullets. BRB.

Stlrs4Life
09-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Wait, let me read my Tomlin bashing post to see if you were one of the ones that told me to go kill myself and then I will get back to you on your negative post. Hold the razor blades and don't load the bullets. BRB.

LOL!.................

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 12:26 AM
If it is his day off, he should be able to do anything he feels like doing, as long he is not participating in the matches. He probably is also getting paid to do it.

Well if any of you watch Raw every week you will see that these guest hosts they have been having over the last few months or so tend to get in the ring or get involved in the action in some way. They had Shaquille O Neal get in the Ring with the Big Show, they had Seth Green and Jeremy Piven the actors get in the ring and throw a punch and jump off the ropes, Freddy Prince Jr got laid out by Randy Orton, and they even had Bob Barker a few weeks ago knock somebody out. So the Steelers can let Ben host Raw but they better put a clause in the contract for it that he is absolutely positively prohibited from getting involved in the action in anyway pure and simple. That means he cant throw even a simple little punch or slap to anybody. No matter what you think of Ben he is an ego maniac and he will want to get involved in this show somehow. This is just not a good idea for the Steelers to let him do this not during the middle of the football season after he just played a game 24 hours ago too...It's a bad move period...

steelersforever1983
09-29-2009, 12:51 AM
shouldn't be doing this you should be reading the playbook. time off is during the post season.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-29-2009, 12:59 AM
It is not just Ben. Some of the O-line is also showing up.

MOTORKRAFT
09-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Hey, I'm good with Ben & the O-line being on W.W.E., but if Tomlin thinks he gets to visit Leno, just wait for that thread.

Dean Denton
09-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Well if the o-line is coming too, then Ben is screwed. Who do they plan on blocking? I hope the Undertaker choke slams Ben....lol Its all fake right?.....hahahahahahahahahaha....Rest in piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Worry about winning a damn game!

HUNT4SEVEN
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
With the way we are playing right now on both sides of the ball i think they should devote more time to getting this ship right, but hey if they don't care why should we?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
You can only hope that they aren't going to incorporate some gimmicky fight in his appearance. It would be a shame if he hurt himself body slamming one of their jobbers.

Sir Blitzelot
09-29-2009, 02:45 PM
There is no way he'll be fighting or wrestling.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM

Your wrong, I heard him and McNutty were fighting in a steel cage death match! :lol:

Sir Blitzelot
09-29-2009, 02:54 PM
:lol: That would be fun to watch!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Would you really be all that shocked if he did?

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Would you really be all that shocked if he did?

No I wouldn't be shocked, he loves the attention.:nono:

SteelFanInIL
09-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I did a spit take and spewed coffee all over my monitor when I read this . You gotta be friggin kidding me ! Crap like this is what the off season is for ( especially when you're 1-2) not the regular season. You're the defending Champs , how about kickin *** on the rest of the league and not working on your acting career on what is nothing more than a soap opera on steroids ! :banging:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I did a spit take and spewed coffee all over my monitor when I read this . You gotta be friggin kidding me ! Crap like this is what the off season is for ( especially when you're 1-2) not the regular season. You're the defending Champs , how about kickin *** on the rest of the league and not working on your acting career on what is nothing more than a soap opera on steroids ! :banging:

He must be feeling confident about his game. He or his agent has to know that the perception of this appearance will not go over well if he lays an egg this weekend.

SteelFanInIL
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM
He must be feeling confident about his game. He or his agent has to know that the perception of this appearance will not go over well if he lays an egg this weekend.

It's about Ben laying an egg , he hasn't played too bad . It's just a leadership thing. I think it shows a lack of focus . maybe not , we'll see.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
It's about Ben laying an egg , he hasn't played too bad . It's just a leadership thing. I think it shows a lack of focus . maybe not , we'll see.

He's played fine. I think this is all about perception. I mean as long as he's not mixing it up and putting his body at risk what's the difference between him spending his evening at home watching movies and him taking a ride over to Scranton or wherever and making a quick appearance. Is he providing any less leadership by spending his free time one way or another? The guy can't practice and watch game film all the time.

Troyisabeast_43
09-30-2009, 04:14 PM

Ben is a big boy and he had better be prepared to deal with the circumstances and the criticism that is going to come along with all of this if the Steelers dont beat SD and he plays bad and then shows up on Raw the next night. Tomlin and the front office as well should not get a free pass letting him do this because they are the ones who are condoning it and allowing it to happen in the first place. So while Tomlin might have been able to blow it off at his News Conference yesterday when he was asked about it, if the Steelers lose on Sunday and Ben plays bad he isnt going to be able to do the samething next week. Because rest assure somebody in the media and rightfully so will have all the right in the world to ask Tomlin about this and if it was neccessary or not.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Ben is a big boy and he had better be prepared to deal with the circumstances and the criticism that is going to come along with all of this if the Steelers dont beat SD and he plays bad and then shows up on Raw the next night. Tomlin and the front office as well should not get a free pass letting him do this because they are the ones who are condoning it and allowing it to happen in the first place. So while Tomlin might have been able to blow it off at his News Conference yesterday when he was asked about it, if the Steelers lose on Sunday and Ben plays bad he isnt going to be able to do the samething next week. Because rest assure somebody in the media and rightfully so will have all the right in the world to ask Tomlin about this and if it was neccessary or not.

If the Steelers were to lose on Sunday...I say no way he does this appearance. For a number of reasons.

Troyisabeast_43
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
If the Steelers were to lose on Sunday...I say no way he does this appearance. For a number of reasons.

He already signed a contract with Vince McMahon for half a million dollars from what Ive heard so he doesnt really have a choice he has to show or McMahon could sew him... The only way Ben would not be able to make it is if god forbid he suffered a serious serious injury during the game the previous night. The whole show of Raw is probably based on Ben showing up because he is in a lot of the storylines and has a script that needs to be followed. If anyone knows about Vince McMahon he will not tolerate getting stood up by Ben. McMahon could give a **** less whether Ben wins or loses on Sunday especially after he signed a contract that makes him obligated to show up...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
He already signed a contract with Vince McMahon for half a million dollars from what Ive heard so he doesnt really have a choice he has to show or McMahon could sew him... The only way Ben would not be able to make it is if god forbid he suffered a serious serious injury during the game the previous night. The whole show of Raw is probably based on Ben showing up because he is in a lot of the storylines and has a script that needs to be followed. If anyone knows about Vince McMahon he will not tolerate getting stood up by Ben. McMahon could give a **** less whether Ben wins or loses on Sunday especially after he signed a contract that makes him obligated to show up...

Yeah...I should have done my research...I didn't realize he signed a contract to be part of an extended bit. I thought he was just showing up to pump the crowd up since the show was in Steeler country. I can see why you guys are upset now. You don't do stuff like this during the season. I wonder how much he's going to be able to contribute to the show though...most guys have trouble getting out of bed the day after a game.

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 03:03 PM ---

I just read...Ben's doing this for charity. I have no problem with it. It's his day off...he wants to raise money for charity...good for him. He's raising money for service dogs. Considering the other team in PA has a QB that murdered dogs...I'm cool with this.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2009, 05:42 PM
This stuff is scheduled months & months in advance, I'm pretty certain it's not like the WWE called him last week and said "hey Ben, bring your line down and let's wrestle". I'm pretty sure he's got enough sense based on his current legal issues and recent injury problems that he's not going to start a fight and become the next "big ben show" :lol:

edit.......based on the the above 2 posts, I think all minds can rest easy now on this :bluelol:

Troyisabeast_43
09-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Hopefully Ben plays well and the Steelers win and it's a non-issue come Monday night. That's the best thing that can come out of this whole controversy.

DanRooney
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Ben is the least of my concerns on this team. He is the only offensive player on our team as far as I'm concerned. Its sad when a QB has 2 more rushing TDs than any of our runningbacks.

LatrobePA
09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Seems the coaches didn't know about this gay little adventure!

foxsports.com

Elway7Ben7
09-30-2009, 11:06 PM
A quote from MJD at yahoo sports via a wrestling site I frequent.

"In a move that took me by surprise a bit, Ben Roethlisberger's doing it, in-season. Maybe it could benefit the Steelers, though. Maybe we'll hear him say something along these lines: "COMING UP TONIGHT! It's the BIG SHOW! Against MARK HENRY! On Raw, in a LUMBERJACK MATCH ... and in a special stipulation, the winner starts at left tackle FOR THE STEELERS NEXT WEEK!"

Maybe this could benefit the Steelers? The Big Show, Mark Henry and The Great Kahli could fill all our needs. LOL!!!