PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Else Notice...

Cricker24
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
I apologize if this has already been mentioned. On the 3rd and goal on the opening drive for the Steelers, did anyone else see Kemo completely miss his guy? I could be wrong, but don't you think if he makes that block, Parker scores? I also was wondering why they decided to kick the field goal after that play when a week earlier, in the exact same situation, they went for the TD on 4th down and got it. Were they trying to give Reed some kind of confidence boost by kicking it? If a kicker who's been around for as long as Reed has, needs to make a 19 yard field goal to regain his confidence, then the team is in trouble. My thinking was, go for the touchdown. If you get it, great. If you don't, the Bengals have to go 99 yards and it appears our defense is at its best early in games.

Now, I realize a lot of other things happened that caused the Steelers to lose this game. I was just curious to hear everyone else's thoughts on this particular point of the game.

I'm confident Pittsburgh will bounce back next Sunday night against the Chargers. The Steelers have to win, next Sunday is my birthday!! :birthday1: to me!!

Chris :tt02:

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
I thought they'd prove me wrong and bounce back against the Bungles, they didn't! Don't be suprised if after next game we're not 1-3.

Our D will need to finish a game in order for us to WIN!

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
It was a stupid decision to kick on 4th down there from the 1 I completely agree. They went for it last week in Chicago pretty much from the same distance on the goaline on their opening drive what stopped them from doing it again?? As for the Kemo block I did see him miss it along with David Johnson who apparently missed his blocking assignment and blocked on the outside instead of the inside where Parker ended up running and getting stuffed...The Steelers MUST find a way to fix there short yardage red zone offense...Right now when they absolutely need to make a play on offense or in short yardage in key situations of the game whether they choose to run or pass they are failing and failing miserably...

LarryNJ
09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I didn't notice the missed block but I was shocked we went for the FG.

The Steelers MUST find a way to fix there short yardage red zone offense...Right now when they absolutely need to make a play on offense or in short yardage in key situations of the game whether they choose to run or pass they are failing and failing miserably...

It is so key to be able to consistently pick up those short yardage 1st downs and TD's. IMHO it's our biggest problem.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Our D looks spent by the 4th quarter. Say what you want, I think the pattycake TC has let these players down....I'm sure I'll get slammed but it's the truth. Giving guys time off, bla bla bla...Work them that is what they're paid millions to do!!!

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 11:48 PM
i agree they need to practice more. or do drills to they get the message that you need to **** offed that your 1-2.