PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps Big Ben needs to start throwing the ball away

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I believe he's been sacked 7 times so far this season...and he was taken down an eye popping 46 times last season. We all know this is due in large part to Ben trying to do too much and holding the ball for way too long. Is it time for a more conservative approach...perhaps Ben needs to cut back on the 5 pump fakes and just quickly go through his progressions...throw the ball away if nothing is there and there is no room to run? I know he's a big guy and hard to take down...I also know he manages to make things happen sometimes, but it seems that he's killing his line. It must really take it out of them to have to block for that long on a play so many times a game...also the drive killing sacks don't help much either.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Worked against your team 3 times last year, why change now?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Worked against your team 3 times last year, why change now?

Doesn't seem to be working too well this year. Which is more relevant??? It just appears that Ben is thinking he has to do it all. Seems like way too much responsibility for a system QB type.

steelerfan11
09-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Why did you come on to a Steelers board to start crap? if you going to be a tool just leave!

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Doesn't seem to be working too well this year. Which is more relevant??? It just appears that Ben is thinking he has to do it all. Seems like way too much responsibility for a system QB type.

Tell you what we could strike a deal, we the Steeler Nation will have a quiet word with Bruce and Ben, and get him to start throwing the ball away more, . . .

and in return you take your thinly disguised smack somewhere else . . . . . . . how's that sound! :bunny:

The thought of you having sleepless nights over this really is begining to concern me, otherwise may I suggest a heavy dose of painkillers washed down with a large bottle of JD!

Your UKSTEELER :tt02:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Why did you come on to a Steelers board to start crap? if you going to be a tool just leave!

I feel I've actually been quite civil. What's wrong with a rival fan coming here and discussing the AFC North in a friendly manner?

steelerfan11
09-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I feel I've actually been quite civil. What's wrong with a rival fan coming here and discussing the AFC North in a friendly manner?

Well I could give you a little more respect if you would have showed up prior to the ratbirds being 3-0..that makes me think you are here for only 1 reason to be all cocky.

You are making threads like "is it time to panic" and yet while people are saying we aren't panicking you keep probing for no reason.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Well I could give you a little more respect if you would have showed up prior to the ratbirds being 3-0..that makes me think you are here for only 1 reason to be all cocky.

You are making threads like "is it time to panic" and yet while people are saying we aren't panicking you keep probing for no reason.

Perhaps I'm probing for a reason since no one is giving one. If someone said..."our defense just isn't the same with Troy, we'll be back on track when he returns" I could buy that. Or if someone said that Big Ben's 10 second scrambles are taking the wind out of the o-line and that he needs to cut down for them to be effective I could buy that also. I really don't think the panic question is all that over the top considering the Steelers are the defending SB champs and they've laid two eggs in a row.

LarryNJ
09-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Or if someone said that Big Ben's 10 second scrambles are taking the wind out of the o-line and that he needs to cut down for them to be effective I could buy that also. I really don't think the panic question is all that over the top considering the Steelers are the defending SB champs and they've laid two eggs in a row.

You obviously haven't watched the games that we lost or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:38 AM
You obviously haven't watched the games that we lost or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

So you would say that the long plays where these massive o-lineman have to run around for way too long don't take anything out of them and detract from their ability to perform to their peak potential? Interesting...many would disagree with you, but interesting.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Ben scrambling and avoiding pressure is what he does. If he doesn't make numerous HUGE plays last year we don't win the AFC North or the Superbowl. How could you possibly argue with that???

I understand you're trying to make a point that it is not ideal to have your QB scrambling around... but our O-Line is what it is. Your argument doesn't hold much water.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Ben scrambling and avoiding pressure is what he does. If he doesn't make numerous HUGE plays last year we don't win the AFC North or the Superbowl. How could you possibly argue with that???

I understand you're trying to make a point that it is not ideal to have your QB scrambling around... but our O-Line is what it is. Your argument doesn't hold much water.

I understand that he makes some plays with his scrambling, but it seems this year he's gassing the line with it. It must be hard to block when you're completely winded from having to run around for 10 seconds while your QB pump fakes 5 times and then takes a sack. It also must be demoralizing to have that happen. I think there's a happy medium to him doing it. Just a rival fans perspective.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I understand that he makes some plays with his scrambling

SOME? He makes A LOT... You should know that.

No doubt it would be nice if our offence could get in more of a rythym and didn't have to resort to Ben scrambling as much. But that's more play calling and the receivers getting open than Ben's fault. He could throw the ball out of bounds every once and awhile, but if he does, he should throw it directly at Bruce Arians head.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Just a rival fans perspective.

Worse than that, a rival fan with a stopwatch and an innate ability to generalize!

LOL!:hilarious:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
SOME? He makes A LOT... You should know that.

No doubt it would be nice if our offence could get in more of a rythym and didn't have to resort to Ben scrambling as much. But that's more play calling and the receivers getting open than Ben's fault. He could throw the ball out of bounds every once and awhile, but if he does, he should throw it directly at Bruce Arians head.

Typically a football team wins by controlling the line of scrimmage. It's harder to do that when your o-line is gassed. That's all I'm saying. Maybe the o-line is trash, maybe it's not. I'm saying it's a bit tough to tell since they're playing gassed a lot. I think the issues with the o-line have more to do with them having to try and provide protection for Ben for 10 second scrambling sessions than they do with the o-line coach or the talent of the players. We can agree to disagree I guess.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 11:07 AM ---

Worse than that, a rival fan with a stopwatch and an innate ability to generalize!

LOL!:hilarious:

I'm actually surprised by your lack of civility. I would think a gentleman from the great country of my ancestor's birth would be a bit more of a gentleman.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm actually surprised by your lack of civility. I would think a gentleman from the great country of my ancestor's birth would be a bit more of a gentleman.

Jaysis, . . . . . does this mean we might be related?

As you know the UK is very small and everyone knows each other and all that!:banana:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Jaysis, . . . . . does this mean we might be related?

As you know the UK is very small and everyone knows each other and all that!:banana:

Didn't say that. I've just been accustomed to Brits holding themselves to higher standards in terms of civility and class.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Didn't say that. I've just been accustomed to Brits holding themselves to higher standards in terms of civility and class.

Perhaps dear boy we should discuss this over a cup of char and a hob nob or two for dipping, that really would be splendid!

Any better?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Perhaps dear boy we should discuss this over a cup of char and a hob nob or two for dipping, that really would be splendid!

Any better?

Nah...just more of the same. You must have been raised in Manchester.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Nah...just more of the same. You must have been raised in Manchester.

Nope, . . . .

sigh, . . . this could be a long game . . . .

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Nope, . . . .

sigh, . . . this could be a long game . . . .

No need for a long game. I have no desire to exchange childish insults with a classless fan having a bad morning.

Big T
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Let's look at the reason why Ben scrambles so much shall we? Because the line isn't doing it's job, protecting Ben, making it so he doesn't have to scramble. If we had a quality OLine this wouldn't be an issue.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 12:48 PM
well youre clearly not here to talk intelligent football.

as someone already said, your here because your team is 3-0 and thats about it. Tell us something: would you have joined the site if the Steelers went 3-0 and the Ravens were 1-2?

its clear what your motivation was, so maybe you should quit acting like your better than everyone and go to your own teams forum.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Let's look at the reason why Ben scrambles so much shall we? Because the line isn't doing it's job, protecting Ben, making it so he doesn't have to scramble. If we had a quality OLine this wouldn't be an issue.

I think we're headed down a "chicken or the egg" road. Does Ben scramble because the pocket breaks down right away or does the pocket break down because Ben takes to long and they line up gassed most downs. Also if the protection is so bad they could always let the TE stay home and block. Seems like the coaching staff would have a solid blocking TE help out if there was a major issue here.

Prosdo
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
The same thing that makes Ben a good QB is also his biggest weakness. I will agree there. He always tries to make a play. Sometimes it ends in positives and sometimes in negatives. That's just what you get from having Ben as your QB.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:00 PM
The same thing that makes Ben a good QB is also his biggest weakness. I will agree there. He always tries to make a play. Sometimes it ends in positives and sometimes in negatives. That's just what you get from having Ben as your QB.

Totally agree there. I can understand a coach not wanting to take that away from him, but I think you have to monitor the situation. If the team isn't winning maybe a bit of tinkering would help.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Seems like the coaching staff would have a solid blocking TE help out if there was a major issue here.

Pretty sure they do that. do you watch steelers games? Spaeth and Miller are often blocking, in fact during one of the drives Miller lined up as a full back to give Ben help.

:nono:

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:06 PM ---

If the team isn't winning maybe a bit of tinkering would help.

i also thought i'd throw in that Tomlin has said MANY times that the team is going to go with what wins games. When Willie was having a tough time the first two games and everyone called for his head (even some steelers fans) Tomlin said that they will adjust on the fly during games to do whats best in that given situation. First two games: willie was ineffective so he brought it Moore, and then Mendenhall. yea it didnt produce the best results right away but were only 3 weeks in. nothing is fixed over night. Eventually they will work out what the problem is.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Pretty sure they do that. do you watch steelers games? Spaeth and Miller are often blocking, in fact during one of the drives Miller lined up as a full back to give Ben help.

:nono:

So you're saying that the o-line is a "turnstyle" even with the extra help??? Seems like a major issue...not many teams make the playoffs with an o-line so bad that they can't protect the QB with extra help on the line. I obviously disagree with your statement.

Big T
09-28-2009, 01:08 PM
And how about adding the possibilty that the recievers are not always open when the pocket breaks down. He has to scramble a lot. I understand what you are saying and as it's been said before, it's his biggest strength and weakness. But if it wasn't for how he plays we wouldn't have gotten that Lombardi last year.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
what do you mean disagree with my statement? i said that they use their TEs to block. i never said that they're o-line was perfect. this is why no one believes youre here to "talk football" you're not even paying attention to what people post

steelerfan11
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM

Then leave and NEVER come back!!

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:16 PM ---

:trollsign:

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
what do you mean disagree with my statement? i said that they use their TEs to block. i never said that they're o-line was perfect. this is why no one believes youre here to "talk football" you're not even paying attention to what people post

No sense to even reply to this ********, he has no right even posting other than the fact he's trying to sturr things up which has worked.

Next week when Brady and company hang 30 on your "badass" D and your O sputters we'll come over to your worthless forums and bash.

But I can assure you none of us Steeler fans would be that big of cockface like you to do so!

Now go back to dreaming of Ray Ray working you from behind and climb back into your hole!

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 01:17 PM
--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:16 PM ---

:trollsign:[/QUOTE]

agreed. :plus1:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
No sense to even reply to this ********, he has no right even posting other than the fact he's trying to sturr things up which has worked.

Next week when Brady and company hang 30 on your "badass" D and your O sputters we'll come over to your worthless forums and bash.

But I can assure you none of us Steeler fans would be that big of cockface like you to do so!

Now go back to dreaming of Ray Ray working you from behind and climb back into your hole!

You must have missed where I said I think the Pats will beat the Ravens this week. You're really making very poor points here.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
:tt02:With a Hines Ward smile... Im out!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
:tt02:With a Hines Ward smile... Im out!

Have a good one.

yinzer
09-28-2009, 01:32 PM
typical rats fan...

trying to stir up crap. where were you last season when we fed you guys your spoons?... 3 times.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
No need for a long game. I have no desire to exchange childish insults with a classless fan having a bad morning.

It's afternoon/early evening actually, numb nuts!!:lol::banana:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
typical rats fan...

trying to stir up crap. where were you last season when we fed you guys your spoons?... 3 times.

It's amazing what passes for "stirring up crap" in Pittsburgh these days. You appear to be a bit thin skinned.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:46 PM ---

It's afternoon/early evening actually, numb nuts!!:lol::banana:

What a wonderful comeback. Now I understand why Russell Brand's humor is so appreciated over there.

Callax
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
If he starts to throw it away, how many plays will he not make??

He'll be Kerry Collins and no better!
let him play his style for now, when he gets older he'll have to change...
I think Cinn only got 1 sack and it was at the end of the 4th quarter

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, in defense of our ratbird fan coming over here his initial posts are not necessarily that of trying to stir the pot however you never can be too careful. You can also be sure that other fans in his contingent are here lurking looking at this post in particular as they revel in their current record.

Having said that, as far as Ben goes...like Prosdo mentioned Ben is who he is, the coaches will not and should not try to change him. The OL will do what it does, good or bad; the same with the WR's, TE's, etc. but they are all grateful that Ben is able to continue to keep plays alive because without a QB like Ben in this system we would not have had the success that we've enjoyed over the last several years since Ben has been here.

Trying to reign in or harness Ben would be the worst mistake this team could do.

yinzer
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
It's amazing what passes for "stirring up crap" in Pittsburgh these days. You appear to be a bit thin skinned.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:46 PM ---

What a wonderful comeback. Now I understand why Russell Brand's humor is so appreciated over there.

way to take the focus off of my question and responding with a dumb assumption.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
If he starts to throw it away, how many plays will he not make??

He'll be Kerry Collins and no better!
let him play his style for now, when he gets older he'll have to change...
I think Cinn only got 1 sack and it was at the end of the 4th quarter

That's a good question. I guess it depends on what you're going for. If you're trying to keep your o-line fresh so they can effectively run block you might look at limiting his mobility.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
If you're trying to keep your o-line fresh so they can effectively run block you might look at limiting his mobility.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. I really have to thank you for typing that piece of garbage. You should turn your brain on before you type something.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. I really have to thank you for typing that piece of garbage. You should turn your brain on before you type something.

I guess in your world a 300 lb. athlete expends no additional energy pass blocking for 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Is the sky blue there as well?

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Ben has been making plays on the run and broken plays like this since he has been the QB for this team in 2004 even when he had a better run game and a better o-line. It's who Ben is and the main reason he has been so successful so far in his career and won 8 playoffs games in 5 years and 2 Super Bowl Championships. Without Ben Roethlisberger on this team as the starting QB I dont care how good the Steelers defense was in 2005 and 2008 the Steelers do not win 2 Championships. A good example of that would be to look at Neil O Donnell and Kordell Stewart when they were the QB for this team. They both had a great defense and a great running game as well. But did they ever win a championship or get over the hump with the samethings that Ben has?? No.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Ben has been making plays on the run and broken plays like this since he has been the QB for this team in 2004 even when he had a better run game and a better o-line. It's who Ben is and the main reason he has been so successful so far in his career and won 8 playoffs games in 5 years and 2 Super Bowl Championships. Without Ben Roethlisberger on this team as the starting QB I dont care how good the Steelers defense was in 2005 and 2008 the Steelers do not win 2 Championships. A good example of that would be to look at Neil O Donnell and Kordell Stewart when they were the QB for this team. They both had a great defense and a great running game as well. But did they ever win a championship or get over the hump with the samethings that Ben has?? No.

While agree this has been a part of his game for awhile...it has become much more frequent...same goes for his pump fakes. There's a happy medium.

TEEMONT
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM

b/c a lot of these people have steeler themed tampons...and cant take any criticism of the team....decent insight...i though...however...Ben just needs to play HIS game...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 03:46 PM
b/c a lot of these people have steeler themed tampons...and cant take any criticism of the team....decent insight...i though...however...Ben just needs to play HIS game...

I can respect that opinion. As a Raven fan it is a bit nerve racking to watch him back there for a while knowing that every second he's upright is another second for a receiver to get open. On good days he's really good, but on bad days it's the opposite.

TEEMONT
09-28-2009, 03:51 PM
I can respect that opinion. As a Raven fan it is a bit nerve racking to watch him back there for a while knowing that every second he's upright is another second for a receiver to get open. On good days he's really good, but on bad days it's the opposite.

yeah...i was one of Bens biggest critics at first....but know I have his back.

His bad days suck....but when the dude is on....he is an elite QB....and when it matters...he is usually on

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM
On the list of reasons why this team is off to a 1-2 start this season Ben Roethlisberger is near the bottom of the list. If he doesnt have a great game throwing the ball against the Titans on opening night this Steelers team is sitting here at 0-3 right now. Was Ben's pick six a terrible play yesterday against the Bengals?? Yes...But what did he do he came right back the next 2 drives and put a ball right in Limas Sweed's numbers for a 35 yard TD which Sweed flat out dropped, and then lead the team right down the field after that and scored from the 1 yard line to make it 20-9. Ben Roethlisberger no matter how much Joe Flacco here criticizes him for holding the ball too long is not the reason this football team is 1-2 right now period...

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I guess in your world a 300 lb. athlete expends no additional energy pass blocking for 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Is the sky blue there as well?

It's a stupid argument to say the the O-line is expending additional energey blocking for Ben and they should save it for the run game. Are you seriously trying to argue that? Surely you can come up with something better than that. Again, I see what you are saying but you just don't have a good argument here. It's actually quite pathetic. You're obviously a Joe Flacco fan and being a Ravens fan you should hate Big Ben for his success. But, c'mon... come up with something better than Ben is wasting the energy meter on the O-lineman. Sounds like something that happens when you secretly play Madden and pick the Steelers as your team.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
On the list of reasons why this team is off to a 1-2 start this season Ben Roethlisberger is near the bottom of the list. If he doesnt have a great game throwing the ball against the Titans on opening night this Steelers team is sitting here at 0-3 right now. Was Ben's pick six a terrible play yesterday against the Bengals?? Yes...But what did he do he came right back the next 2 drives and put a ball right in Limas Sweed's numbers for a 35 yard TD which Sweed flat out dropped, and then lead the team right down the field after that and scored from the 1 yard line to make it 20-9. Ben Roethlisberger no matter how much Joe Flacco here criticizes him for holding the ball too long is not the reason this football team is 1-2 right now period...

I think your evaluation might be a bit myopic...for a number of reasons. Mainly that you can't separate Ben from the effectiveness of the offense as a whole. The run game is struggling for whatever reason. My hypothesis is that the line is doing a poor job of run blocking because they are tired from running around the field on Ben's 10 second scrambles.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 03:16 PM ---

It's a stupid argument to say the the O-line is expending additional energey blocking for Ben and they should save it for the run game. Are you seriously trying to argue that? Surely you can come up with something better than that. Again, I see what you are saying but you just don't have a good argument here. It's actually quite pathetic. You're obviously a Joe Flacco fan and being a Ravens fan you should hate Big Ben for his success. But, c'mon... come up with something better than Ben is wasting the energy meter on the O-lineman. Sounds like something that happens when you secretly play Madden and pick the Steelers as your team.

So you don't think it takes extra effort to play for 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds??? Especially when that 10 seconds results in a sack? Just throw the ball away man. I can understand doing it once in a while when the team isn't clicking on offense, but it's gotten out of hand. Every drop back he rolls out of the pocket and pump fakes 5 times.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
My hypothesis is that the line is doing a poor job of run blocking because they are tired from running around the field on Ben's 10 second scrambles.

Give your hypothesis a rest. It is weak.
I'm sure nobody on the O-Line would ever complain about Ben moving around. He makes a lot of big plays when he's scrambling.

Moondog
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Flacco, since you are here for decent football conversation and not to stir the pot, I'm wondering why you are not on the Bengal's website seeing that they are only one game behind the Ravens in the North? My thought would be that you would be concerned with them and want to have a dialogue with their fans, but I guess it's just different strokes huh Flacco?

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:23 PM
I think your evaluation might be a bit myopic...for a number of reasons. Mainly that you can't separate Ben from the effectiveness of the offense as a whole. The run game is struggling for whatever reason. My hypothesis is that the line is doing a poor job of run blocking because they are tired from running around the field on Ben's 10 second scrambles.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 03:16 PM ---

So you don't think it takes extra effort to play for 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds??? Especially when that 10 seconds results in a sack? Just throw the ball away man. I can understand doing it once in a while when the team isn't clicking on offense, but it's gotten out of hand. Every drop back he rolls out of the pocket and pump fakes 5 times.
The Steelers were outgaining the Bengals at the start of the 4th quarter 354 to 99. So how was the offense or Ben struggling?? Was it Ben's fault that he moved around on the TD drop by Sweed and made a great throw because he extended the play?? Plus, Ben wasnt sacked until the second to last series they had the ball. Ben Roethlisberger is not the reason this team is 1-2 he is last on the list...If you think the Steelers lost yesterday because of Ben holding onto the ball too long then youre a ****ing idiot dude...

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm wondering why you are not on the Bengal's website seeing that they are only one game behind the Ravens in the North? My thought would be that you would be concerned with them and want to have a dialogue with their fans

The Bengals didn't have any fans until after this Sunday when they won one of the biggest games in franchise history. Hell, it's almost like they won the superbowl this sunday. None of their fans have had a chance to sign up on their forums yet.

Flacco... part of being here for a football conversation and just to stir the pot is to admit when your argument is weak.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
The Steelers were outgaining the Bengals at the start of the 4th quarter 354 to 99. So how was the offense or Ben struggling?? Was it Ben's fault that he moved around on the TD drop by Sweed and made a great throw because he extended the play?? Plus, Ben wasnt sacked until the second to last series they had the ball. Ben Roethlisberger is not the reason this team is 1-2 he is last on the list...If you think the Steelers lost yesterday because of Ben holding onto the ball too long then youre a ****ing idiot dude...

Apparently you are incapable of having a civil, logical discussion. Go get some class.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
The funny thing is that with all that scrambling, the line is relativley use to it. you stick any other line in front of him and they'll commit hold after hold. They know how Ben is, they know he likes to move around. im not saying they never commit penalties by any means, but in comparison they do a decent job while not commiting penalties.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
The Bengals didn't have any fans until after this Sunday when they won one of the biggest games in franchise history. Hell, it's almost like they won the superbowl this sunday. None of their fans have had a chance to sign up on their forums yet.

Flacco... part of being here for a football conversation and just to stir the pot is to admit when your argument is weak.

What does the pathetic nature of the Bengals fan base have to do with our discussion? You've lost me here.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 03:31 PM ---

The funny thing is that with all that scrambling, the line is relativley use to it. you stick any other line in front of him and they'll commit hold after hold. They know how Ben is, they know he likes to move around. im not saying they never commit penalties by any means, but in comparison they do a decent job while not commiting penalties.

Then why is everyone bashing them so much? Seems like they do their job well if they can help keep a play alive for 10 seconds and not get called for holding. Typically players that are getting beat commit holds. It seems that we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I assert that Ben runs around too much and drags out plays...the result of which is more sacks and a gassed line. You say otherwise. The line didn't start to "suck" so much until Ben went overboard with his pump fakes.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 04:33 PM
What does the pathetic nature of the Bengals fan base have to do with our discussion? You've lost me here.

so youre saying we're better than bengals fans? considering how often you say steelers fans are classless, you must really have something against bengals fans if youre still here talkin to us instead of them.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Apparently you are incapable of having a civil, logical discussion. Go get some class.

It's okay keep ignoring every legit point Im making as far as Ben goes...I wanna see if youre here in a few weeks once the Steelers turn this thing around and get back to their winning ways and the Ravens have a slip up or 2 the next few weeks which they are going to have in either New England or Minnesota or hopefully both...Until then buddy have fun being a pain in the *** on here with everybody else because Im done with you...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
so youre saying we're better than bengals fans? considering how often you say steelers fans are classless, you must really have something against bengals fans if youre still here talkin to us instead of them.

I said that's the stereotype of Steelers fans...I also said there are a few members of this forum that are living up to that stereotype. Bengals fans are nonexistent...a fanbase need only exist to be superior.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
The line didn't start to "suck" so much until Ben went overboard with his pump fakes.
Read again regarding the Bengals....

The lines issue is not pass blocking. Steelers fans are just sick that we can not pound the ball like we used to be able to. That's the kind of football Steeler fans generally like. Our run blocking is the problem.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
It's okay keep ignoring every legit point Im making as far as Ben goes...I wanna see if youre here in a few weeks once the Steelers turn this thing around and get back to their winning ways and the Ravens have a slip up or 2 the next few weeks which they are going to have in either New England or Minnesota or hopefully both...Until then buddy have fun being a pain in the *** on here with everybody else because Im done with you...

Nah...I'm going to ignore a classless lowlife whose only defense in an intelligent discussion is a childish insult.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 03:38 PM ---

Read again regarding the Bengals....

The lines issue is not pass blocking. Steelers fans are just sick that we can not pound the ball like we used to be able to. That's the kind of football Steeler fans generally like. Our run blocking is the problem.

No...I think the issue is the losing. Steelers fans (just like every other fanbase) could care less as long as the team is winning.

lloydfan4life
09-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Joe Faggo says hi, huh?
Well you tell ol' Joe we said 23-20, 13-9, 23-14 and......
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/Six.jpg
We'll see you November 29th, troll!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Joe Faggo says hi, huh?

Another classy post from a semi-literate Steelers fan. Gotta love people who live in the past.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:41 PM
No...I think the issue is the losing. Steelers fans (just like every other fanbase) could care less as long as the team is winning.

Shows how much you know. People have been complaining about the line since Faneca left.

Joe Faggo: You really didn't see the humour in Lloyds post??? What is wrong with you!

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM
ten bucks says your a bandwagoner that trolls a board to talk **** cuz your team is in first place in the division wonder where your cocky *** was when we beat the ratbirds 3 times last year douchebag.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Shows how much you know. People have been complaining about the line since Faneca left.

I didn't hear many complaining in February because the Steelers were throwing the ball too much in their SB win. If someone did complain then they aren't too bright.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Joe Faggo says hi, huh?

Well didnt you see the the Lombardi Trophy presentation yesterday to the Ravens on CBS after the Browns game and that Joe Flacco was named QB of the decade as well beating Ben Roethlisberger out by 50,000 votes it was a landslide...:lol:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
ten bucks says your a bandwagoner that trolls a board to talk **** cuz your team is in first place in the division wonder where your cocky *** was when we beat the ratbirds 3 times last year douchebag.

You're not real bright. I'm not trolling anything. Your moderator admitted as much. Go find controversy elsewhere. I'm abiding by forum rules...I'm discussing the Steelers and I'm not ripping on them either.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:46 PM
I didn't hear many complaining in February because the Steelers were throwing the ball too much in their SB win. If someone did complain then they aren't too bright.

It's a message board Faggo... There are positive and negatives posted all the time regardless of winning and losing.

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 04:47 PM
seriously whomever is the admin of this board ban the ratbird troll. i've seen your fans bitch and moan after losses to douchebag. so don't come to a board with joe flacos dick down your mouth win your winning right now. ten bucks says you will turn on your team when start loosing.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Well didnt you see the the Lombardi Trophy presentation yesterday to the Ravens on CBS after the Browns game and that Joe Flacco was named QB of the decade as well beating Ben Roethlisberger out by 50,000 votes it was a landslide...:lol:

It's true what they say...morons only feel intelligent in the company of other morons. Have fun piling on with your nonsensical babble boys!

steelersforever1983
your the one not bright coming into a steelers thread and expect to start talking **** to fans *******. go back to tbagging your quarterback for winning games. cuz your defense is just as bad as us.

igor0190
Even if a Steelers fan made an argument like Joe Faggo's here they would get ripped apart. Faggo is getting treated like anyone else would with such a weak argument.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
seriously whomever is the admin of this board ban the ratbird troll. i've seen your fans bitch and moan after losses to douchebag. so don't come to a board with joe flacos dick down your mouth win your winning right now. ten bucks says you will turn on your team when start loosing.

You appear to be having a bad day. LOL!

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 03:50 PM ---

Even if a Steelers fan made an argument like Joe Faggo's here they would get ripped apart. Faggo is getting treated like anyone else would with such a weak argument.

You've yet to tell me why my argument is weak. I doubt you can. Just thought I'd point that out.

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 04:51 PM
actually not. but you will when your team looses their first game to a better defense since your defense can't stop the other teams from scoring on them. you should be tbagging joe more often for passing defense that can't keep them out of the endzone.

lloydfan4life
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Another classy post from a semi-literate Steelers fan. Gotta love people who live in the past.

SIX rings are the present and November 29th is the future. Nice try anyhow.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
It's true what they say...morons only feel intelligent in the company of other morons. Have fun piling on with your nonsensical babble boys!

I thought you were done responding to me...Quit quoting my post JoeFlaccois0-3 against the Steelers and cant beat them...Come back when the Ravens win the division and actually do something...Because guess what they are 3-0 now but they havent done **** yet...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I thought you were done responding to me...Quit quoting my post JoeFlaccois0-3 against the Steelers and cant beat them...Come back when the Ravens win the division and actually do something...Because guess what they are 3-0 now but they havent done **** yet...

Ok...if you insist...I'm done.

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 04:58 PM
told ya you came here to troll and talk trash on our team. when we are losing so go back to stroking joe flaco.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
You've yet to tell me why my argument is weak. I doubt you can. Just thought I'd point that out.

To sum up your argument... our O-line gets tired because Ben scrambles too much, he should throw the ball away instead and then our O-line can save their energy for the run game?

Are you serious? Your football knowledge is seriously lacking.

-Ben makes a ton of plays when he scrambles and moves in the pocket.
-He's won 2 superbowls playing like this.
-Saying our O-line gets tired because Ben scrambles is absolutely ridiculous
-Throwing the ball away is not effective.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
it seems like he/she is waiting to hear one of us say that the steelers are terrible and we all love flacco because he is the savior. thats probably the only thing he would agree with, every other comment "classy" or not he disagrees with..... even when he doesnt pay attention to what the person said.

too bad its never gonna happen.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
it seems like he/she is waiting to hear one of us say that the steelers are terrible and we all love flacco because he is the savior. thats probably the only thing he would agree with, every other comment "classy" or not he disagrees with..... even when he doesnt pay attention to what the person said.

You just hit the nail on the head... No point in wasting any more time on Joe Faggo.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
To sum up your argument... our O-line gets tired because Ben scrambles too much, he should throw the ball away instead and then our O-line can save their energy for the run game?

Are you serious? Your football knowledge is seriously lacking.

-Ben makes a ton of plays when he scrambles and moves in the pocket.
-He's won 2 superbowls playing like this.
-Saying our O-line gets tired because Ben scrambles is absolutely ridiculous
-Throwing the ball away is not effective.

Let's go down your points...
-Ben gets sacked a ton when he scrambles...46 times last year and 7 this year so far
-The Steeler's have won 1 superbowl with Ben playing like this...their 1st SB win he was much more conservative
-Saying a 300lb. lineman doesn't exert more energy running around trying to protect Ben for 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds is laughable
-Throwing the ball away when nothing is there is very effective...far more effective than taking a sack.

I think the point you've totally missed here is I've said there is a happy medium all along. I've said he does it too much. He tries to do too much. It's true...and if the Steelers lose a couple more games you'll start to hear it all over the place. You're welcome for this helpful information.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 04:06 PM ---

LOL...you go off on that tangent and then finish it up with something about me not paying attention to what a person said. Oh the irony!!!

Moondog
09-28-2009, 05:07 PM
You're not real bright. I'm not trolling anything. Your moderator admitted as much. Go find controversy elsewhere. I'm abiding by forum rules...I'm discussing the Steelers and I'm not ripping on them either.

Cut the :willybs: , we all know what your motivation is for being here. You bring up the subject of class a lot, how about showing some and admit you are here to pick at scabs, then I could respect you. But of course you won't do that because hiding behind your thinly disguised veil of "football conversation" to come on a rival team's board the day after their 2nd consecutive loss is bush league and classless. If you had shown your face the day after the Steelers silenced the Ravens in the AFC championship, then maybe I could see you as something other than the troll that you are.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
You just hit the nail on the head... No point in wasting any more time on Joe Faggo.

Your time is probably better spent in other ways than getting beaten like a drum by a rival fan on an internet message board.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 04:09 PM ---

Cut the :willybs: , we all know what your motivation is for being here. You bring up the subject of class a lot, how about showing some and admit you are here to pick at scabs, then I could respect you. But of course you won't do that because hiding behind your thinly disguised veil of "football conversation" to come on a rival team's board the day after their 2nd consecutive loss is bush league and classless. If you had shown your face the day after the Steelers silenced the Ravens in the AFC championship, then maybe I could see you as something other than the troll that you are.

Picking scabs??? Was it when I did an honest comparison of both team's offenses and said they are about even or when I said the Ravens would probably lose to the Pats this weekend? What was the biggest dig???

igor0190
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Chew on this Faggo:
Joe Flacco throws the ball deep too much. His line has to hold their blocks too long and the receivers have to run too damn far every play. The Ratbirds offence is wasting too much energy doing this. I think he should throw the ball out of bounds more to stop the clock and give the players a breather.

Joe Faggo started out by trying to be intelligent. But you can't be what you aren't. Man I'm glad I don't wear purple on Sundays.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Let's go down your points...
-Ben gets sacked a ton when he scrambles...46 times last year and 7 this year so far
-The Steeler's have won 1 superbowl with Ben playing like this...their 1st SB win he was much more conservative
-Saying a 300lb. lineman doesn't exert more energy running around trying to protect Ben for 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds is laughable
-Throwing the ball away when nothing is there is very effective...far more effective than taking a sack.

I think the point you've totally missed here is I've said there is a happy medium all along. I've said he does it too much. He tries to do too much. It's true...and if the Steelers lose a couple more games you'll start to hear it all over the place. You're welcome for this helpful information.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 04:06 PM ---

LOL...you go off on that tangent and then finish it up with something about me not paying attention to what a person said. Oh the irony!!!

actually i was pointing out the fact that repeatedly you have responded to my own statements with something that has nothing to do with what i said. in multiple threads. Once again, you're not payingn attention. :duh:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 05:12 PM
actually i was pointing out the fact that repeatedly you have responded to my own statements with something that has nothing to do with what i said. in multiple threads. Once again, you're not payingn attention. :duh:

I've already called you out for this once...citing a specific example...do you require further embarrassment?

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 05:12 PM
shhhhh . . . .

has the numbskull really gone?

:banana:

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
:clap:i think he's gotten tired of repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
internet tough guy alert. someone needs a cookie for living at home in a basement with their mom and dad.

DanRooney
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I believe he's been sacked 7 times so far this season...and he was taken down an eye popping 46 times last season. We all know this is due in large part to Ben trying to do too much and holding the ball for way too long. Is it time for a more conservative approach...perhaps Ben needs to cut back on the 5 pump fakes and just quickly go through his progressions...throw the ball away if nothing is there and there is no room to run? I know he's a big guy and hard to take down...I also know he manages to make things happen sometimes, but it seems that he's killing his line. It must really take it out of them to have to block for that long on a play so many times a game...also the drive killing sacks don't help much either.

Come back when Flacco wins two Superbowls. Where were you last season? The bandwagoners are out in full force :lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Come back when Flacco wins two Superbowls. Where were you last season? The bandwagoners are out in full force :lol:

RIGHT where was this loser last year? he's happy about barely beating the Chargers if the Chargers don't self destruct the rats lose, the only teams they beat convincingly were the Clowns an Chiefs which in itself is nothing to brag about:lol: on the CBS boards u actually have intelligent Rats fans who really understand the game an understand that this is week 3 not week 13, every year a loser comes out of the sewer an onto this board with this type of non sense, i say we should ignore any more post by this RAT fan, an maybe just maybe he will crawl back into the sewer from which he came:lol:

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
RIGHT where was this loser last year? he's happy about barely beating the Chargers if the Chargers don't self destruct the rats lose, the only teams they beat convincingly were the Clowns an Chiefs which in itself is nothing to brag about:lol: on the CBS boards u actually have intelligent Rats fans who really understand the game an understand that this is week 3 not week 13, every year a loser comes out of the sewer an onto this board with this type of non sense, i say we should ignore any more post by this RAT fan, an maybe just maybe he will crawl back into the sewer from which he came:lol:

I wouldn't call him a Rat fan maybe a RAT or a fare weather Rat.:nahnah:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't call him a Rat fan maybe a RAT or a fare weather Rat.:nahnah:

I can't claim to be a lifelong Ravens fan...they've only been here since '96. I can claim to have supported them since they've been here though. I can claim that I never miss a game and I live in Federal Hill so I can walk to the games. You call me what you want, but I support my team through thick and thin.

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 10:32 AM
:greenbounce2: HEY BIG BROTHER I'M OVER HERE NOW, COME PLAY.
The little brother I never wanted.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:37 AM
:greenbounce2: HEY BIG BROTHER I'M OVER HERE NOW, COME PLAY.
The little brother I never wanted.

Substituting flaming for quality posting. Always the sign of an good poster. FYI...you'll probably need some smelling salts to recover from the haymaker I dropped you with in the other thread. Have a nice day.

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Please don't tell mom and dad, I just want to play:rant2: