PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to panic?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:10 AM
2 games back...3rd in the division. Looks like Baltimore finally has an offense...and the Bengals just showed the Steelers what they were capable of. Is it time to hit the panic button? Will things be totally different once Troy is back and healthy? Or is it becoming clear that the Steelers just aren't that good this year and the seemingly solid victory over the Titans was just the Steelers eeking a win out against a garbage team?

Discuss.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Ravens have played Chiefs, Browns, and only one decent team, congrats on the 3-0 start but don't get too excited yet.

Titans, Bears are solid teams, Bengals are better but not solid!

Playing midseason form is just that, live and learn and get better. Season is still early.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Ravens have played Chiefs, Browns, and only one decent team, congrats on the 3-0 start but don't get too excited yet.

Titans, Bears are solid teams, Bengals are better but not solid!

Playing midseason form is just that, live and learn and get better. Season is still early.

The Titans are 0-3. Not what I'd call a solid team so far. I'd wager that not one team the Steelers have played so far will make the playoffs. This thread is about the Steelers not the undefeated Ravens, let's try and stay on topic.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
It's time to panic because all the rats have come out:lol:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
It's time to panic because all the rats have come out:lol:

So the Steelers 1-2 record and back to back losses are no need for concern??? Interesting.

LarryNJ
09-28-2009, 10:37 AM
So the Steelers 1-2 record and back to back losses are no need for concern???

That's right because after we beat the Ravens twice we'll have the same record and win the tie breaker. No worries mate!

steelerfan11
09-28-2009, 10:40 AM
LOL they lost both games by 3 points each...

It's not like the Steelers are getting blown out.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
That's right because after we beat the Ravens twice we'll have the same record and win the tie breaker. No worries mate!

So future events that may or may not happen are what you're counting on to bail out the Steelers. Interesting approach.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 09:44 AM ---

LOL they lost both games by 3 points each...

It's not like the Steelers are getting blown out.

This is the NFL. A loss is a loss. Their win was also an OT win. They are one missed holding penalty away from being 0-3. We play play this logic game either way. I'm just saying, if I were a Steeler fan...I'd be very concerned right now.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 10:47 AM
LOL, it's hard for me to even post a reply this this Sacco Faggo.

It's amazing how great your team looks playing ****** teams. Chargers gift wrapped that win and the others just plain suck. That's the breaks, be excited for having a 3-0 start but remember it is very early and things change in the NFL...

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 10:48 AM
if I were a Steeler fan...I'd be very concerned right now.

But your not, so . . . . . ! :thinking:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL, it's hard for me to even post a reply this this Sacco Faggo.

It's amazing how great your team looks playing ****** teams. Chargers gift wrapped that win and the others just plain suck. That's the breaks, be excited for having a 3-0 start but remember it is very early and things change in the NFL...

How exactly did the Chargers gift wrap that game for the Ravens? Rivers and his receivers had career days? Sproles too. Please defend your position here.

LarryNJ
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
LOL, it's hard for me to even post a reply this

It's actually very predictable and pretty comical how they come out of the sewers. A very witty lot they have there.

greennick
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The Titans are 0-3. Not what I'd call a solid team so far. I'd wager that not one team the Steelers have played so far will make the playoffs. This thread is about the Steelers not the undefeated Ravens, let's try and stay on topic.

You are the one that mentioned the Ravens you tard. :duh:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
You are the one that mentioned the Ravens you tard. :duh:

The title of the thread is about the Steelers needing to panic. The undefeated Ravens were only mentioned because of their mounting lead on the division and seemingly unstoppable offense. Please learn to read. Thank you.

greennick
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
The title of the thread is about the Steelers needing to panic. The undefeated Ravens were only mentioned because of their mounting lead on the division and seemingly unstoppable offense. Please learn to read. Thank you.

Oh yeah, the Chiefs, Browns and Chargers couldn't stop you. ****, amazing D's they have, hey? Weren't all of them ranked in the bottom 10 in D last year? And don't they look like they are heading that way again this year??

Now, I think the Ravens are a very good team and I am sure we'll see you in the playoffs again, but to harp on about your O because you have seen some of the worst D's in the league is just plain ridiculous.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM

Unstoppable offense, are you f'n kidding me fag boy? You played 2 lousy teams, get over it and go back to masterbating thinking of Joe Flacco's rod in your mouth! What a complete f'n idiot you are!

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 11:07 AM

The title of this website is SteelerAddicts.

Therefor it is a place for people Addicted to the Steelers, not addicted to the weed like your good self!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah, the Chiefs, Browns and Chargers couldn't stop you. ****, amazing D's they have, hey? Weren't all of them ranked in the bottom 10 in D last year? And don't they look like they are heading that way again this year??

Now, I think the Ravens are a very good team and I am sure we'll see you in the playoffs again, but to harp on about your O because you have seen some of the worst D's in the league is just plain ridiculous.

I'd argue that the Chargers are a good defensive football team. I'd also argue that if you're averaging about 35 points of offensive scoring a game in the NFL...you're a good offensive football team no matter who you're playing.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 10:11 AM ---

Unstoppable offense, are you f'n kidding me fag boy? You played 2 lousy teams, get over it and go back to masterbating thinking of Joe Flacco's rod in your mouth! What a complete f'n idiot you are!

What a civil response. You must be one of the people Murtha was talking about. Sorry but any educated football fan knows that averaging 35 points per game in the NFL is good...no matter who you play.

jackhammer1
09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Anybody that mentions the Ravens and Murtha in the same thread has to be a douche.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Too bad the Ratbirds defence has lost several steps this year. :banana:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Anybody that mentions the Ravens and Murtha in the same thread has to be a douche.

How so...I'd love to hear this logic explained.

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Why are you here? And do you not have a life..because if you did you probably wouldn't be posting 24-7 on a rival teams website. Just saying.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Why are you here? And do you not have a life..because if you did you probably wouldn't be posting 24-7 on a rival teams website. Just saying.

Why so touchy? I've been civil. How is my presence any more "pathetic" than yours given that we are both here to talk football?

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone who goes looking for a Steelers website when they're a Ravens fan just to **** them off by posting things like we need to panic, and the Ravens offense is unstoppable..is pathetic. The name of this website is STEELER ADDICTS..so if you feel the need to trash talk..go to a Ravens website. Please don't talk trash until you play us..cause until you do you have nothing to compare. K thanks bye.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Anyone who goes looking for a Steelers website when they're a Ravens fan just to **** them off by posting things like we need to panic, and the Ravens offense is unstoppable..is pathetic. The name of this website is STEELER ADDICTS..so if you feel the need to trash talk..go to a Ravens website. Please don't talk trash until you play us..cause until you do you have nothing to compare. K thanks bye.

Anyone that would construe my posts as trash talking is very thin skinned. There are plenty of Steelers fans on my home Ravens board. The civil ones are welcomed. I think you might be having a bad day.

igor0190
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
After the disgusting losses to the Bears and Bengals anything a Raven fan says on here will be construed as trash talking.

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Lame. Go outside and play or something.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 12:08 PM

It'll have to wait until his helpers come back off of their dinner break! :greenbounce2:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
After the disgusting losses to the Bears and Bengals anything a Raven fan says on here will be construed as trash talking.

Understandable. A loss to a division rival is tough to stomach.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 11:10 AM ---

Perhaps you need to step away from the keyboard for a bit. You appear to be taking this all way too seriously.

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
We tend to take football seriously in Pittsburgh.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
We tend to take football seriously in Pittsburgh.

I think there is a line where rational people realize that it's just a game not worth insulting others over. Don't you want people to say Steelers fans are classy people?

Moondog
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
2 games back...3rd in the division. Looks like Baltimore finally has an offense...and the Bengals just showed the Steelers what they were capable of. Is it time to hit the panic button? Will things be totally different once Troy is back and healthy? Or is it becoming clear that the Steelers just aren't that good this year and the seemingly solid victory over the Titans was just the Steelers eeking a win out against a garbage team?

Discuss.

To answer your question: no, it is not time to hit the panic button, that would be rather foolish three games into the season wouldn't it? The Steelers are a proud group of players, they don't cry about losing games they should of, could of won, they take personal responsibility & they will move on. Remember they could just as easily be 3-0 also. See, you got to understand, as Steeler fans, our cup runneth over (six SBs, 7 AFC Champ trophies, & so many division titles I lost count), so of course there is a little irritation in losing the past 2 games the way the Steelers did, but this is a resilient bunch & I'm confident they will bounce back. Also, if I have one suggestion, Flacco fan, don't count your chickens before they hatch, it's early. :tt02: :clap:

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, like someone had said earlier, after a loss to a seemingly easy divisional rival is not the time for a Ravens fan to come on to the site.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
To answer your question: no, it is not time to hit the panic button, that would be rather foolish three games into the season wouldn't it? The Steelers are a proud group of players, they don't cry about losing games they should of, could of won, they take personal responsibility & they will move on. Remember they could just as easily be 3-0 also. See, you got to understand, as Steeler fans, our cup runneth over (six SBs, 7 AFC Champ trophies, & so many division titles I lost count), so of course there is a little irritation in losing the past 2 games the way the Steelers did, but this is a resilient bunch & I'm confident they will bounce back. Also, if I have one suggestion, Flacco fan, don't count your chickens before they hatch, it's early. :tt02: :clap:

At least someone provided me with somewhat of an answer. What I get from this response is that the Steelers will rebound because they take personal responsibility for their mistakes. How exactly does taking individual responsibility equate to more wins, and if this is truly the secret to winning football games...why haven't more teams adopted this approach? Seems like Brady Quinn would be more than willing to come out and say he's a terrible NFL QB if it would mean that he'd play better in the long run.

Big T
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
This douche says he's not talking trash but continuously states that the Ravens are undefeated. Hmmm....unstoppable offense? That's funny, let's see what happens when they play a decent defense that can actually stop the run and Flacco has to win it himself. I will give you three examples of that from last season. All 3 times they played the steelers. All of which he had bad games. Did I mention that after we routed the ravens THREE times last year, we went on and WON the SUPERBOWL. I know last year was last year and this year is this year but still.... No matter their little two game lead over the steelers in the division, the Steelers still OWN the ravens until they can find a way to beat them. Thanks for coming. This has been extremely amusing.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Well, like someone had said earlier, after a loss to a seemingly easy divisional rival is not the time for a Ravens fan to come on to the site.

Why would any educated football fan describe the Bengals as a "seemingly easy division rival"? Pre-season many thought they would have a good season. People were disappointed when they lost to the Broncos (who are still undefeated). Seems like people should have know that they are a dangerous team this year.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 11:30 AM ---

This douche says he's not talking trash but continuously states that the Ravens are undefeated. Hmmm....unstoppable offense? That's funny, let's see what happens when they play a decent defense that can actually stop the run and Flacco has to win it himself. I will give you three examples of that from last season. All 3 times they played the steelers. All of which he had bad games. Did I mention that after we routed the ravens THREE times last year, we went on and WON the SUPERBOWL. I know last year was last year and this year is this year but still.... No matter their little two game lead over the steelers in the division, the Steelers still OWN the ravens until they can find a way to beat them. Thanks for coming. This has been extremely amusing.

You seem agitated this morning. As you'll learn this coming weekend...the Chargers are a more than capable defensive squad. The Ravens put up big points on them. I know you want to rip the Ravens for averaging 35 points a game against their 3 opponents so far, but they can only play who's on their schedule. So far this season they've shown no sign a being stoppable. No amount of childish personal attacks is going to change the facts of this situation.

Big T
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh ya and to comment on you telling eveyone to be civil, picture this:

when you are in your house, you can act any way you want and when an unwelcome, uninvited guest comes into your house, you really don't have to be civil.

Get the picture faggot?

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Hm..maybe the fact that we beat them of a combined score of 45 last year would make me think otherwise..regardless of how they did in the preseason. But what do I know..I'm not an educated football fan.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Oh ya and to comment on you telling eveyone to be civil, picture this:

when you are in your house, you can act any way you want and when an unwelcome, uninvited guest comes into your house, you really don't have to be civil.

Get the picture faggot?

This hostility is laughable. What's with all the homophobic remarks on here? I don't get it. Maybe Murtha was right about you guys.

Moondog
09-28-2009, 12:39 PM
At least someone provided me with somewhat of an answer. What I get from this response is that the Steelers will rebound because they take personal responsibility for their mistakes. How exactly does taking individual responsibility equate to more wins, and if this is truly the secret to winning football games...why haven't more teams adopted this approach? Seems like Brady Quinn would be more than willing to come out and say he's a terrible NFL QB if it would mean that he'd play better in the long run.

For instance last year after the Steelers won the AFC north in Baltimore's house, Ray Lewis was crying about the Holmes TD, never taking responsibility for the 90 yards they gave up in the clutch, never giving the Steelers their due, thus never thinking they had to improve on their game & we all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that personal responsibility will necessarily equate to wins, but it is definitely a step in the right direction towards righting the ship.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Hm..maybe the fact that we beat them of a combined score of 45 last year would make me think otherwise..regardless of how they did in the preseason. But what do I know..I'm not an educated football fan.

Why would an educated football fan completely overlook an opponent based on the results of last season's games? Especially considering the changes that have taken place with Bengals personnel? Doesn't make sense. Experts were saying the Bengals would be a solid football team this year. Why would an educated football fan think they are a weak team based on the results of a very different team last year?

Blazedby92
09-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I can't believe everyone is being this way to you, I want to be civil and not trash talk because I am scared we might not win the division because of the ravens so could you please tell me your forum you discuss your football in so I can be nice and say how good your ravens are

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
For instance last year after the Steelers won the AFC north in Baltimore's house, Ray Lewis was crying about the Holmes TD, never taking responsibility for the 90 yards they gave up in the clutch, never giving the Steelers their due, thus never thinking they had to improve on their game & we all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that personal responsibility will necessarily equate to wins, but it is definitely a step in the right direction towards righting the ship.

How is talking about a game last season proving your point? Sounds like you're upset this morning. Pretty sure for the Steelers to turn things around they are going to have to start executing more on the field. They can "man up" all they want, but any thing short of better performance will equate to more losses.

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh but now I'm confused..cause I'm not an educated football fan.. so would an educated football fan think that? I don't know, because I'm not.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I can't believe everyone is being this way to you, I want to be civil and not trash talk because I am scared we might not win the division because of the ravens so could you please tell me your forum you discuss your football in so I can be nice and say how good your ravens are

Sure. http://talk.baltimoresun.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

There you are.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 11:48 AM ---

Oh but now I'm confused..cause I'm not an educated football fan.. so would an educated football fan think that? I don't know, because I'm not.

Now you're just going in circles. I'd just drop this if I were you. You put your foot in your mouth...let's just drop it and move on. No need to beat this horse to death. We can all agree that the Bengals are a solid team and to say otherwise would be silly.

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Wait..I thought we weren't trash talking.

Blazedby92
Sure. http://talk.baltimoresun.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

There you are.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 11:48 AM ---

Now you're just going in circles. I'd just drop this if I were you. You put your foot in your mouth...let's just drop it and move on. No need to beat this horse to death. We can all agree that the Bengals are a solid team and to say otherwise would be silly.

What, you aren't going to give me your user name so I can have a friend in there?

Potsie51
You have to love bandwagon fans. When someone wins a few games they start talking smack. Just remember itís a long season and the Steelers will be just fine...we are two missed field goals away from being 3-0.

By the way, you say how good your D is? I know your O is pretty good but you all canít stop anything. Do you realize that the Ravens are 17th in pass defense behind the Steelers? Shoot the Browns have a better pass defense than you all. Passing the ball has been the best part about the Steelers offence. Ben is going to throw all over you.

The only true team that Baltimore has ever had is the Colts and they left for a reason.

Richmond Rukus
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I am not in panic mode quite yet. We are only 3 games into the season. Should the Steelers lose next week and ravens win, then i would say there is reason for concern with a 3 game deficit to the Ravens in the division, and with a series I believe we split,therefore not gaining any ground. That is hard to come back from a quarter of the way through the season, but definitely not impossible. Any comparison to Brady Quinn and the Browns is laughable at best. You are comparing a roster of good NFL football players who just won a Super Bowl with little turnover from last year, to a team that has been in shambles for years.

Tr305
09-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Screw whatever the ratbirds fan has to say your moneys no good here which means leave. Now to giv emy thoughts on the topic which is not about how the ravens are 3-0 after playin one team thats been .500 in the past 3 yrs big accomplishment. I keep sayin its to early in the season to worry to be honsest anyone who watched both games we controlled them but just couldnt finish when needed. I do think we need to play with more of a sense of urgency nonetheless we cant dwell on the past two weeks time to focus on chargers in what i think will come down to the wire but I think we be able to come away with the win. Then from there we got Lions, browns which means 2 more wins

Richmond Rukus
09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Last year, when the Ravens lost 3 in the row toward the start of the season, did you hit the panic button. I sure hope not, as they turned it around and made the playoffs, regardless of how they fared in the post-season. With a similar situation, why should we panic at this point in the season.

Big T
09-28-2009, 01:00 PM
This hostility is laughable. What's with all the homophobic remarks on here? I don't get it. Maybe Murtha was right about you guys.

I'm just proving my point that I don't be civil in my house.

I apologize for the "homophobic" remarks and if I have hurt your feelings. I just hope that one day you just might be able to look deep into your heart and forgive me for all of the nasty comments I have made toward you, and that we can ultimately become the best of friends. Thank you. I hope you can forgive me.

Civil enough???

Prosdo
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
It's too early to panic. It comes down to finishing games. Something I think the Steelers will correct next week.

Moondog
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
How is talking about a game last season proving your point? Sounds like you're upset this morning. Pretty sure for the Steelers to turn things around they are going to have to start executing more on the field. They can "man up" all they want, but any thing short of better performance will equate to more losses.

What difference does it make if it was just last year? To me, that was a great example of the "loser mentality" of deflecting responsibility. I figured since it was Ray Lewis, you would be familiar with it, that's all.
All I'm saying is psychologically it's better to man up than to cry like Ray did, there's more chance of better performance on the field. Also, let me give you a passport to the obvious: of course the Steelers need to start executing better, they'll agree with that, it's part of being men. May God bless you Flacco fan! :tt02:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
You have to love bandwagon fans. When someone wins a few games they start talking smack. Just remember itís a long season and the Steelers will be just fine...we are two missed field goals away from being 3-0.

By the way, you say how good your D is? I know your O is pretty good but you all canít stop anything. Do you realize that the Ravens are 17th in pass defense behind the Steelers? Shoot the Browns have a better pass defense than you all. Passing the ball has been the best part about the Steelers offence. Ben is going to throw all over you.

The only true team that Baltimore has ever had is the Colts and they left for a reason.

I'm ok with the Raven's point differentials right now. Last I checked we scored a bunch more points than we allowed.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:15 PM ---

Last year, when the Ravens lost 3 in the row toward the start of the season, did you hit the panic button. I sure hope not, as they turned it around and made the playoffs, regardless of how they fared in the post-season. With a similar situation, why should we panic at this point in the season.

Preseason last year the Ravens were expected to win 4 or 5 games. They won 11 in the regular season. I don't think anyone in Baltimore was disappointed. You probably ought to brush up on your football.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:16 PM ---

I'm just proving my point that I don't be civil in my house.

I apologize for the "homophobic" remarks and if I have hurt your feelings. I just hope that one day you just might be able to look deep into your heart and forgive me for all of the nasty comments I have made toward you, and that we can ultimately become the best of friends. Thank you. I hope you can forgive me.

Civil enough???

Just more of the same....garbage like this is why other fanbases don't think Steeler fans have any class.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:17 PM ---

It's too early to panic. It comes down to finishing games. Something I think the Steelers will correct next week.

The Steelers - Chargers matchup should be a good one to watch. I expect at least 60 points to be scored in that game. It may come down to whoever has the ball last.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:19 PM ---

What difference does it make if it was just last year? To me, that was a great example of the "loser mentality" of deflecting responsibility. I figured since it was Ray Lewis, you would be familiar with it, that's all.
All I'm saying is psychologically it's better to man up than to cry like Ray did, there's more chance of better performance on the field. Also, let me give you a passport to the obvious: of course the Steelers need to start executing better, they'll agree with that, it's part of being men. May God bless you Flacco fan! :tt02:

A loser mentality would probably be better personified by living in the past. I really doubt the Bengals cared much about the Steelers SB trophy yesterday. I doubt the Chargers will care much about it this weekend.

Richmond Rukus
09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
How do I need to brush up on my football? 3 losses at the beginning of the season is what it is. I never said anything about expectations, so maybe you should comprehend what was written and stop jumping to conclusions. And you never did answer the question.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:24 PM
How do I need to brush up on my football? 3 losses at the beginning of the season is what it is. I never said anything about expectations, so maybe you should comprehend what was written and stop jumping to conclusions. And you never did answer the question.

How do you not understand that a poor start is more disappointing to a team that just won the super bowl than a team expected to win 4 or 5 games???? This seems like it would be basic logic.

Moondog
09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm ok with the Raven's point differentials right now. Last I checked we scored a bunch more points than we allowed.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:15 PM ---

Preseason last year the Ravens were expected to win 4 or 5 games. They won 11 in the regular season. I don't think anyone in Baltimore was disappointed. You probably ought to brush up on your football.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:16 PM ---

Just more of the same....garbage like this is why other fanbases don't think Steeler fans have any class.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:17 PM ---

The Steelers - Chargers matchup should be a good one to watch. I expect at least 60 points to be scored in that game. It may come down to whoever has the ball last.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:19 PM ---

A loser mentality would probably be better personified by living in the past. I really doubt the Bengals cared much about the Steelers SB trophy yesterday. I doubt the Chargers will care much about it this weekend.

What's so hard to understand about using a past example to prove a present point? :tt02:

Big T
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM

I guess you haven't forgiven me yet :(

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:30 PM
What's so hard to understand about using a past example to prove a present point? :tt02:

It's inaccurate to draw direct comparisons between two different teams. Sorry, but the Steelers aren't the same this year. Some players are older...some are missing...some have been added. It's a fact of life. I think you'll have a much more enjoyable season if you stop trying to hold this year's team to the standards of last year's super bowl winners.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:30 PM ---

I guess you haven't forgiven me yet :(

Nothing to forgive. It's just interesting to see a fanbase reinforce the stereotypes about itself time after time. Same with Pats fans.

SteelCityKid5
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Flacco, alright man we get the fact that you guys are 3-0 and we're 1-2. I'm not saying you aren't being objective in your comments but, when you post "time to panic???" that's somewhat picking the scab. I'm just gonna say this, it's still early, yeah we do need to win this next game because 1-3 wouldn't be good. Also, the Steelers could be 3-0 but they aren't and it's because they blew leads. No one got lucky, the Steelers can only blame themselves. I just think the Steelers have to play 60 full minutes of football and everything will be back in order. I don't want to see a game where the Steelers have a dismal record vs. the Ravens and I don't think you would either vise versa. How fortunate we were two have our teams healthy last year because I hate when we get beat or we beat someone and they say "we werent healthy".

Richmond Rukus
09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
The question is not what the national medias expectations are for a team, but rather, as a fan, if you are in panic mode, as you put it, that the season is not going to be a good one for your team, no matter the expectations. At this point it is too early to tell, as the Ravens season proved from last year. If you can't see the correlation between a team last year starting slow and ending the season with 11 wins, and Steelers fans not hitting our so called panic button after 3 weeks this year, then you sir, are missing the logic. A couple more losses in the next couple weeks, and then we'll talk about real concerns and panic.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Flacco, alright man we get the fact that you guys are 3-0 and we're 1-2. I'm not saying you aren't being objective in your comments but, when you post "time to panic???" that's somewhat picking the scab. I'm just gonna say this, it's still early, yeah we do need to win this next game because 1-3 wouldn't be good. Also, the Steelers could be 3-0 but they aren't and it's because they blew leads. No one got lucky, the Steelers can only blame themselves. I just think the Steelers have to play 60 full minutes of football and everything will be back in order. I don't want to see a game where the Steelers have a dismal record vs. the Ravens and I don't think you would either vise versa. How fortunate we were two have our teams healthy last year because I hate when we get beat or we beat someone and they say "we werent healthy".

I appreciate your candor. I'm actually not trying to come off as arrogant about the Ravens fast start. I'm well aware that so far we only have one quality win. I'm aware that we have some issues with our pass defense that stem from undersized corners. I'm aware that we have a very untested kicker and our special teams have mostly been garbage. I expect when the Ravens and the Steelers meet this season they will both bring it. Any Ravens fan that doesn't respect the Steelers isn't a true fan of football and vice versa for the Steelers fans that don't respect the the Ravens. Its a great rivalry between two organizations that are run the right way.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 01:38 PM
It's inaccurate to draw direct comparisons between two different teams. Sorry, but the Steelers aren't the same this year. Some players are older...some are missing...some have been added. It's a fact of life. I think you'll have a much more enjoyable season if you stop trying to hold this year's team to the standards of last year's super bowl winners.

Nothing to forgive. It's just interesting to see a fanbase reinforce the stereotypes about itself time after time. Same with Pats fans.

The season is still young and like a lot of people are saying the Steelers havent played the Ravens yet and they wont until November. The schedule upcoming is very favorable for the Steelers to pick up a game or two on the Ravens in the next few weeks. The key for the Steelers will be getting a win next week at home on primetime against the Chargers. If they can do that and get back to 2-2 they have the Lions and the Browns up next which should get them to 4-2 heading into the last week in October against the Vikings here at home. We will begin to find out how good the Ravens are the next 3 weeks when they go to New England,host an improved Bengals team,and go to Minnesota to play the Vikings on October 18th. The Ravens I feel will not win all 3 of these games and might even drop both road games to the Pats and the Vikings. The Steelers will also get help either way the following week when the Bengals play the Ravens the same week the Steelers go to Detroit in a game they should definitely win. So while it is concerning being back 2 games in the division this early on looking at the upcoming schedule the next 3-4 weeks the Steelers are going to get their chance to make up some ground on the Ravens and Bengals both as long as they can take care of business against the Chargers,Lions,and Browns. I think you will agree with me when I say the Ravens schedule the next 3 games is much tougher then the Steelers schedule in October.
I

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:43 PM
The question is not what the national medias expectations are for a team, but rather, as a fan, if you are in panic mode, as you put it, that the season is not going to be a good one for your team, no matter the expectations. At this point it is too early to tell, as the Ravens season proved from last year. If you can't see the correlation between a team last year starting slow and ending the season with 11 wins, and Steelers fans not hitting our so called panic button after 3 weeks this year, then you sir, are missing the logic. A couple more losses in the next couple weeks, and then we'll talk about real concerns and panic.

I'm fairly certain that most Steeler fans didn't envision a 1-2 start to the season. Pretty sure if I came on here 3 weeks ago and stated it would happen you'd have all laughed me off the board. It appears the answer to my question is that no one is in panic mode just yet. A sense of urgency is there and this coming Chagers game is a must win.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:43 PM ---

The season is still young and like a lot of people are saying the Steelers havent played the Ravens yet and they wont until November. The schedule upcoming is very favorable for the Steelers to pick up a game or two on the Ravens in the next few weeks. The key for the Steelers will be getting a win next week at home on primetime against the Chargers. If they can do that and get back to 2-2 they have the Lions and the Browns up next which should get them to 4-2 heading into the last week in October against the Vikings here at home. We will begin to find out how good the Ravens are the next 3 weeks when they go to New England,host an improved Bengals team,and go to Minnesota to play the Vikings on October 18th. The Ravens I feel will not win all 3 of these games and might even drop both road games to the Pats and the Vikings. The Steelers will also get help either way the following week when the Bengals play the Ravens the same week the Steelers go to Detroit in a game they should definitely win. So while it is concerning being back 2 games in the division this early on looking at the upcoming schedule the next 3-4 weeks the Steelers are going to get their chance to make up some ground on the Ravens and Bengals both as long as they can take care of business against the Chargers,Lions,and Browns. I think you will agree with me when I say the Ravens schedule the next 3 games is much tougher then the Steelers schedule in October.
I

Well I can't predict wins. I actually had the Ravens getting beat in San Diego. I might be wrong about the Pats winning too. I hope I am, but we'll see. I just remember the season after the Ravens won the SB. It was the most unenjoyable seasons of Raven's football I can remember. Even though we made the playoffs. It was all due to me putting expectations on the team based off a year where everything went perfectly. This is the NFL...injuries dictate success a lot of the time.

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
The frustration that Steeler fans are feeling is that this team is capable of playing and BEATING anyone. Yet, they are underachieving. We still play the Ravens twice this year so coming to this site to gloat may be a painful pill to swallow when we continue the beat downs we administered last year. Remember, the Steelers match-up very well against the Ravens and seem to have their number. All the Ray-Ray theatrics in the world cannot buy you a win against us.

:spank:

:bigfinger:

:rats:

Richmond Rukus
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm fairly certain that most Steeler fans didn't envision a 1-2 start to the season. Pretty sure if I came on here 3 weeks ago and stated it would happen you'd have all laughed me off the board. It appears the answer to my question is that no one is in panic mode just yet. A sense of urgency is there and this coming Chagers game is a must win.

Agreed. Noone here envisioned a 1-2 start, and as I stated previously, the importance of the Chargers game has increased dramatically because of it. With a loss and a Ravens win, I would start to feel concern the season is starting to slip away. My point was, and has been, noone is in panic mode, but a sense of urgency would be a fair statement.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:43 PM ---

Well I can't predict wins. I actually had the Ravens getting beat in San Diego. I might be wrong about the Pats winning too. I hope I am, but we'll see. I just remember the season after the Ravens won the SB. It was the most unenjoyable seasons of Raven's football I can remember. Even though we made the playoffs. It was all due to me putting expectations on the team based off a year where everything went perfectly. This is the NFL...injuries dictate success a lot of the time.

The Steelers are just not finishing games off right now and putting teams away when they have the chance it's as simple as that. Everytime they have needed to make a play in both the Bears game or Bengals game whether it's on offense or defense they have failed and failed miserably. Troy Polamalu is scheduled to come back the Detroit game and hopefully once he does come back things will improve on defense and they will be able to finish these games off unlike they are now.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
The frustration that Steeler fans are feeling is that this team is capable of playing and BEATING anyone. Yet, they are underachieving. We still play the Ravens twice this year so coming to this site to gloat may be a painful pill to swallow when we continue the beat downs we administered last year. Remember, the Steelers match-up very well against the Ravens and seem to have their number. All the Ray-Ray theatrics in the world cannot buy you a win against us.

:spank:

:bigfinger:

:rats:

Well you only feel that sense of invincibility based off the results of last season. Sorry, but this is a new year and a different team. Keep living in the past if you want...all I'm saying is the season is way more enjoyable if you don't.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:51 PM ---

Agreed. Noone here envisioned a 1-2 start, and as I stated previously, the importance of the Chargers game has increased dramatically because of it. With a loss and a Ravens win, I would start to feel concern the season is starting to slip away. My point was, and has been, noone is in panic mode, but a sense of urgency would be a fair statement.

Understood.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 12:53 PM ---

The Steelers are just not finishing games off right now and putting teams away when they have the chance it's as simple as that. Everytime they have needed to make a play in both the Bears game or Bengals game whether it's on offense or defense they have failed and failed miserably. Troy Polamalu is scheduled to come back the Detroit game and hopefully once he does come back things will improve on defense and they will be able to finish these games off unlike they are now.

To me the loss of Troy is the biggest thing I can see. I knew when he went down it was going to cost the Steelers some games. He's the play maker...there are obviously other good players on the Steeler D, but losing him opens up a lot of options for opposing offenses.

Moondog
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308323]It's inaccurate to draw direct comparisons between two different teams. Sorry, but the Steelers aren't the same this year. Some players are older...some are missing...some have been added. It's a fact of life. I think you'll have a much more enjoyable season if you stop trying to hold this year's team to the standards of last year's super bowl winners.

Aww, Daddy's lil' angel getting frustrated? Your argument is off the subject and makes no sense.
Well at least there has been a standard that has been set. On the original point, personal responsibility or crying after a tough loss, which attitude is more likely to produce future success?

yinzer
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM

you should probably wait till week 16 before you start making assumptions about whether or not the steelers "aren't the same this year."

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308323]It's inaccurate to draw direct comparisons between two different teams. Sorry, but the Steelers aren't the same this year. Some players are older...some are missing...some have been added. It's a fact of life. I think you'll have a much more enjoyable season if you stop trying to hold this year's team to the standards of last year's super bowl winners.

Aww, Daddy's lil' angel getting frustrated? Your argument is off the subject and makes no sense.
Well at least there has been a standard that has been set. On the original point, personal responsibility or crying after a tough loss, which attitude is more likely to produce future success?

Not sure where you are going with your remarks. Are you saying that this season's team is the same as last season and should be held to the same standards??? Please explain.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 01:03 PM ---

you should probably wait till week 16 before you start making assumptions about whether or not the steelers "aren't the same this year."

Pretty sure I could make the statement now. Regardless of their record at the end of the season the Steelers will definitely be a different team than last season. Not sure what's so hard to grasp here.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 02:06 PM

I agree with you. If the Steelers win this week against the Chargers and the Ravens lose in New England this week they are back to being one game behind both the Ravens and the Bengals in the division with two games coming up against the Lions and Browns which should definitely allow the Steelers to push their record back to 4-2. A good September does not win you division titles or Super Bowls. Should the Steelers have a sense of urgency and be concerned?? You damn right they should...But just because the Ravens have a 2 game lead on the Steelers after 3 games doesnt mean it's going to stay that way the whole season. The Ravens mark my words are still going to have to deal with the Steelers in this division. They might be in a little bit of a funk right now, but they have the talent and the coaching to get this thing turned around especially when Polamalu comes back in a few weeks and makes the defense stronger.

yinzer
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Moondog;308349]

Not sure where you are going with your remarks. Are you saying that this season's team is the same as last season and should be held to the same standards??? Please explain.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 01:03 PM ---

Pretty sure I could make the statement now. Regardless of their record at the end of the season the Steelers will definitely be a different team than last season. Not sure what's so hard to grasp here.

well, if you're not going by record, how do you KNOW pittsburgh will be different? i can't grasp because you're not explaining.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308353]

well, if you're not going by record, how do you KNOW pittsburgh will be different? i can't grasp because you're not explaining.

Question: The Pats and the Ravens both had 11-5 records last season. Were they the same team? Thanks.

Moondog
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308353][QUOTE=Moondog;308349]

I was simply stating that the Steelers have a tradition of winning here that is all, not hard to understand, I also know that tradition does not guarantee more winning, but as fans we always expect a good team to be playing on Sunday, what's so hard to grasp sir?
Now, after you trace back our discourse on this thread, please answer the question:
Which is the better attitude to have after a tough loss and more likely to produce wins in future games:
Personal responsibility or crying & fingerpointing?

yinzer
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=yinzer;308357]

Question: The Pats and the Ravens both had 11-5 records last season. Were they the same team? Thanks.

terrible example. you compared the steelers of 08 to the steelers of 09. now, you are comparing 2 different teams. i was really curious about what you meant but now i'm starting to think you should be wearing a helmet with water wings.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=yinzer;308357]

Like Ive stated before if the Ravens lose in New England Sunday and the Steelers beat the Chargers at home the Steelers are only a game behind the Ravens again with the Lions and Browns due up next for the Steelers, and the Bengals and Vikings due up next for the Ravens. You're acting like the Ravens already have this thing in the bag just because they 3-0. Two of their wins are against teams that have yet to win a ****ing game yet the Chiefs who they actually had trouble with, and the Browns who might be the worst team in the NFL. And had Norv Turner not called that ridiculous run to Darren Sproles up the middle on 4th and 2 which was about as terrible as a call and predictable on 4th down as Ive ever seen the Ravens might not have beat the Chargers.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308362]

terrible example. you compared the steelers of 08 to the steelers of 09. now, you are comparing 2 different teams. i was really curious about what you meant but now i'm starting to think you should be wearing a helmet with water wings.

Just as the Steelers of 08 and the Steelers of 09 are different teams. Same franchise...different teams. Not a real hard concept to grasp.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 01:28 PM ---

Like Ive stated before if the Ravens lose in New England Sunday and the Steelers beat the Chargers at home the Steelers are only a game behind the Ravens again with the Lions and Browns due up next for the Steelers, and the Bengals and Vikings due up next for the Ravens. You're acting like the Ravens already have this thing in the bag just because they 3-0. Two of their wins are against teams that have yet to win a ****ing game yet the Chiefs who they actually had trouble with, and the Browns who might be the worst team in the NFL. And had Norv Turner not called that ridiculous run to Darren Sproles up the middle on 4th and 2 which was about as terrible as a call and predictable on 4th down as Ive ever seen the Ravens might not have beat the Chargers.

Making excuses for your team's poor performances while marginalizing another team's wins is one of the weaker things a fan can do.

Blazedby92
09-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Do you have a life? I mean you have been on here for almost 2 hours and you keep saying the same thing over and over again.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Do you have a life? I mean you have been on here for almost 2 hours and you keep saying the same thing over and over again.

Hmmm...so you're going to criticize me and claim I have no life for doing the same thing you're doing right now. LOL at your hypocrisy!

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 02:35 PM

I blame it on his ancestry or Gin, one or the other!:yesnod:

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I blame it on his ancestry or Gin, one or the other!:yesnod:

I'm surprised the Baltimore school system has been thrown around yet.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=yinzer;308367]

Just as the Steelers of 08 and the Steelers of 09 are different teams. Same franchise...different teams. Not a real hard concept to grasp.

[QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43;308372]

Making excuses for your team's poor performances while marginalizing another team's wins is one of the weaker things a fan can do.

Those arent excuses those are the facts. The Ravens have won their first 3 games but have they looked perfect in doing so?? No. Phillip Rivers through all over the Ravens defense and Brodie Croyle and the Chiefs were throwing the ball at will against the Ravens as well in that game especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter. The Ravens have played better football then the Steelers so far through 3 games man okay Ill admit that. They have a nice little lead in the division right now but this thing is far from over and we will see how things play out the upcoming weeks with the schedule that I just mentioned for both the Steelers and the Ravens...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308374][QUOTE=yinzer;308367]

Those arent excuses those are the facts. The Ravens have won their first 3 games but have they looked perfect in doing so?? No. Phillip Rivers through all over the Ravens defense and Brodie Croyle and the Chiefs were throwing the ball at will against the Ravens as well in that game especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter. The Ravens have played better football then the Steelers so far through 3 games man okay Ill admit that. They have a nice little lead in the division right now but this thing is far from over and we will see how things play out the upcoming weeks with the schedule that I just mentioned for both the Steelers and the Ravens...

Claiming excuses are facts...LMAO!!!! You're only a physical threat of violence away from pulling the trifecta!

Lunchbucket
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Is it time to panic? We have our work cut out for us,and it's our responsibility to respond to it.Anyone who throws the panic switch 3 games into the season needs to find something else to do.With respect to the Ravens,great start to a 16 game schedule. See yinz guys in November.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Is it time to panic? We have our work cut out for us,and it's our responsibility to respond to it.Anyone who throws the panic switch 3 games into the season needs to find something else to do.With respect to the Ravens,great start to a 16 game schedule. See yinz guys in November.

A response from a classy fan. The matchup in November should be a good one.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43;308383][QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308374]

Claiming excuses are facts...LMAO!!!! You're only a physical threat of violence away from pulling the trifecta!

Come back here in 2-3 weeks when the Steelers are 4-2 and the Ravens are either a game up on them or tied with them for the division lead then we will talk. Last time I checked how many times has Joe Flacco beat the Steelers?? Let's do the math because it wont take long ZERO!! So until he can find a way to do that Im not sold on the Ravens being legit. We heard all this **** last year too when Flacco was throwing on other teams and beating other teams like Miami in the playoffs and the Titans and all the other teams the Ravens beat in their winning streak in November and December that Oh Flacco looks unstoppable. He got a nice reality check when he played the Steelers didnt he?? The Ravens lost to the Steelers twice late in the year the only 2 games the Ravens ended up losing between November and January. He still has to get by the Steelers before he will get the respect he deserves something that will not be easy to do no matter how things look right now...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308384][QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43;308383]

Come back here in 2-3 weeks when the Steelers are 4-2 and the Ravens are either a game up on them or tied with them for the division lead then we will talk. Last time I checked how many times has Joe Flacco beat the Steelers?? Let's do the math because it wont take long ZERO!! So until he can find a way to do that Im not sold on the Ravens being legit. We heard all this **** last year too when Flacco was throwing on other teams and beating other teams like Miami in the playoffs and the Titans and all the other teams the Ravens beat in their winning streak in November and December that Oh Flacco looks unstoppable. He got a nice reality check when he played the Steelers didnt he?? The Ravens lost to the Steelers twice late in the year the only 2 games the Ravens ended up losing between November and January. He still has to get by the Steelers before he will get the respect he deserves something that will not be easy to do no matter how things look right now...

Now you've gone and based an argument around events that have yet to occur!!! LMAO!!!! This is good stuff. Kind of a "what not to do when posting" display. Good stuff!

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43;308389][QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308384]

Now you've gone and based an argument around events that have yet to occur!!! LMAO!!!! This is good stuff. Kind of a "what not to do when posting" display. Good stuff!

The Ravens are a better football team then the Steelers are right now okay!!! But unfortunately for you they dont hand out Lombardi Trophy's or division titles for perfect September's. Both of these teams are still very good and very evenly matched and it's still going to be a dog fight for either one of them to win the division. If you're going to sit here and wait for me to crown the Ravens after 3 games it's not going to happen buddy there is still a long long way to go in this season...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=JoeFlaccoSaysHi;308390][QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43;308389]

The Ravens are a better football team then the Steelers are right now okay!!! But unfortunately for you they dont hand out Lombardi Trophy's or division titles for perfect September's. Both of these teams are still very good and very evenly matched and it's still going to be a dog fight for either one of them to win the division.

Are you shell shocked from the memories of trolls past??? I'm not here saying that the Ravens are better. Only a moron would take the results of 3 weeks of play against completely different opponents and draw any conclusions over which team is superior. I think you've got me all wrong here.

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Since 1970 the Steelers have won HALF of the division titles in the AFC Central/North.

that is 19 of 38 titles

I see only 2 Rat-turd division titles. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it! :yesnod:

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/ch_afcc.htm

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Since 1970 the Steelers have won HALF of the division titles in the AFC Central/North.

that is 19 of 38 titles

I see only 2 Rat-turd division titles. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it! :yesnod:

Simply put if the Ravens are going to win this division this season which they very well could they will still have to go through the Steelers when all is said and done to do so...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM

that is 19 of 38 titles

I'm not flaming or trolling. You're either classless or illiterate. Which is it?

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 02:36 PM ---

Simply put if the Ravens are going to win this division this season which they very well could they will still have to go through the Steelers when all is said and done to do so...

In theory they could lose to the Steeler twice and still win the division. So your statement is inaccurate. Just saying...

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not flaming or trolling. You're either classless or illiterate. Which is it?

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 02:36 PM ---

In theory they could lose to the Steeler twice and still win the division. So your statement is inaccurate. Just saying...

Yea it's possible but not likely. You go back in the history of teams that are challenging another team for the division and you show me where a team has lost to that team they are fighting for the division with twice and still ended up winning the division. The Steelers and Ravens are evenly matched and even though there is a 2 game cushion right now by seasons end these 2 teams most likely are going to be seperated by a game or two at best. I can guarantee you if the Ravens get swept by the Steelers or vice versa either team will have a very very hard time winning this division with tiebrakers included...

TEEMONT
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
1-2 doesnt concern me as much as 1-3 will if they dont learn to finish drives by next Sunday. This team has the talent, and to be honest I cant believe they didnt get any better from last year...losing troy is huge...if we are still losing when he gets back....then its time to get worried.

We need turnovers....none in the last two games....thats it right there

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 03:59 PM
1-2 doesnt concern me as much as 1-3 will if they dont learn to finish drives by next Sunday. This team has the talent, and to be honest I cant believe they didnt get any better from last year...losing troy is huge...if we are still losing when he gets back....then its time to get worried.

Like I posted elsewhere. I think Troy's return will fix a number of defensive issues. Anytime the star player is replaced by a backup...issues arise.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:03 PM

I made two threads if you go back and look in the past before the season started that these first 4 games against the Titans,Bears,Bengals,and Chargers were not going to be easy for the Steelers and probably the toughest part of the schedule or definitely one of them. I also made a post that said this Steelers team barring major injury to Ben or on defense to a guy like Harrison or TROY should be able to win the majority of their games. Well it's pretty much showing right now that the loss of Troy Polamalu to this defense is pretty much the equivilent or damn near close to the equal of Ben Roethlisberger being out of this offense. Troy is that important to this defense I believe and it's showed here big time in these last two losses...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Yea it's possible but not likely. You go back in the history of teams that are challenging another team for the division and you show me where a team has lost to that team they are fighting for the division with twice and still ended up winning the division. The Steelers and Ravens are evenly matched and even though there is a 2 game cushion right now by seasons end these 2 teams most likely are going to be seperated by a game or two at best. I can guarantee you if the Ravens get swept by the Steelers or vice versa either team will have a very very hard time winning this division with tiebrakers included...

I just said it's possible...which technically it is. So saying that the road to the AFC North title goes through Pittsburgh isn't a given.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I think one of the biggest issues is that the steelers are very capable of putting up the same number as the ravens (if i must compare) or any other team for that matter. as its been said this team has tremendous potential.

first, the no huddle could win us games. im not even talking the hurry up. just the no huddle. as soon as a play is dead, line up, dont let the other team substitute. Anyone ever hear of Peyton Manning? let the clock run for a bit as you make sure your team knows the play call and once your confident that everyone has caught their breath run the play. its about preventing the defense from substituting. they will tire quicker than the offense.

secondly, what happened to mendenhall anyway? i didnt hear anything about him, did he do something that made Tomlin hold him out of the game??

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I think one of the biggest issues is that the steelers are very capable of putting up the same number as the ravens (if i must compare) or any other team for that matter. as its been said this team has tremendous potential.

first, the no huddle could win us games. im not even talking the hurry up. just the no huddle. as soon as a play is dead, line up, dont let the other team substitute. Anyone ever hear of Peyton Manning? let the clock run for a bit as you make sure your team knows the play call and once your confident that everyone has caught their breath run the play. its about preventing the defense from substituting. they will tire quicker than the offense.

secondly, what happened to mendenhall anyway? i didnt hear anything about him, did he do something that made Tomlin hold him out of the game??

If I had to give an honest assessment of the two offensive units, I'd say:

QB - Pitts...edge to Roethlisberger...but it's getting closer and closer by the game
RB - Baltimore...McGahee, Rice, and McClain are one of the league's best trios
WR - Pitts...no question there
TE - Pitts...Heap's getting old and can't stay healthy
OL - Baltimore...Flacco has had all day and they open up big holes for the running game
Coordinator - Baltimore...Cam Cameron is a terrible HC, but he's a good OC

3 to 3 tie. I'd say the main difference is Cameron has optimized the Ravens attack for his personnel a bit better. We've also played two garbage defenses out of 3 games. The showing against the Chargers was impressive though.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Agree'd! Best in the league....

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Agree'd! Best in the league....

I love that on 2nd and 3 he hands it to McClain and runs him up the middle for the first down. I had way too much of Billick airing it out and then watching the team get stuffed on 3rd down.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
If I had to give an honest assessment of the two offensive units, I'd say:

QB - Pitts...edge to Roethlisberger...but it's getting closer and closer by the game
RB - Baltimore...McGahee, Rice, and McClain are one of the league's best trios
WR - Pitts...no question there
TE - Pitts...Heap's getting old and can't stay healthy
OL - Baltimore...Flacco has had all day and they open up big holes for the running game

3 to 3 tie. I'd say the main difference is Cameron has optimized the Ravens attack for his personnel a bit better. We've also played two garbage defenses out of 3 games. The showing against the Chargers was impressive though.

i see what youre saying but you probably didnt need to quote me. you didnt really respond to anything i said in that post

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
i see what youre saying but you probably didnt need to quote me. you didnt really respond to anything i said in that post

You must have missed the part where you said the Steelers could put up similar numbers to the Ravens...sad that you can't even remember the drivel you post here.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
You must have missed the part where you said the Steelers could put up similar numbers to the Ravens...sad that you can't even remember the drivel you post here.

and where in your comparison did you say anything about putting up numbers?

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 05:19 PM
and where in your comparison did you say anything about putting up numbers?

I was actually agreeing with you by comparing the various parts of our offensive units. I guess you're having issues connecting the dots. I'll use smaller words next time.

--- Added 9/28/2009 at 04:19 PM ---

Good night all. I enjoyed the discussions today...for the most part. There seems to be a handful of quality posters here. I look forward to further debate. Be safe.

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I was actually agreeing with you by comparing the various parts of our offensive units. I guess you're having issues connecting the dots. I'll use smaller words next time.

ohhhh there's that "classy" ravens fan talk. after spending so much time on our boards maybe you should take a nap. your starting to sound agitated.

and i didnt really see how you were agreeing with me talking about how the hurry up offense when you started comparing our positions on the team... :thinking:

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Where the hell did this come from? My post had nothing to do with flaming or trolling. Are you coming out of the closet on us? I simply posted a fact that the Steelers OWN the AFC North/Central. What is classless or illiterate about that? :thinking:

SouthCentral
09-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Where the hell did this come from? My post had nothing to do with flaming or trolling. Are you coming out of the closet on us? I simply posted a fact that the Steelers OWN the AFC North/Central. What is classless or illiterate about that? :thinking:

this dude is lost. hopefully he's actually left

hes done that all day

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I dont want him banned because I wanna see if this douche comes back in another month or so when the Steelers catch up to the Ravens...This guy wants us to spew and jiz all over the Ravens because they are 3-0 and 2 games up on the Steelers well sorry it's not going to happen not after 3 ****ing games...

steelersforever1983
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
probally lives at home in his mom and dad's basement being an internet tough guy.

Ambridge
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Simply amazing!!

We get a Rats fan here with his passive-agressive Smarmy style of psuedo trashtalk trying to thump his chest because his Big-Bad Over-rated Rats are 3-0.

I bet he's so Damn happy he's giving himself Auto-Fellatio while he's posting.

Lunchbucket
09-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I dont want him banned because I wanna see if this douche comes back in another month or so when the Steelers catch up to the Ravens...This guy wants us to spew and jiz all over the Ravens because they are 3-0 and 2 games up on the Steelers well sorry it's not going to happen not after 3 ****ing games...

I agree with you,let him talk all he wants. 3 games does not a season make.I've got faith we'll turn the ship around.Besides we know a true Steeler Fan will not panic or let some Ratbird Fan put words in our mouths.

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
"Act like you've been there before" I know that's hard to do for a rat-turd because they seldom get to sniff the playoffs. Let him get it off his little chest before the Steelers smack them rat-turds back into the toilet bowl!

http://bryanboy.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/turd.jpg

Hey! I think I see a Flacco in there!

:hilarious:

Stlrs4Life
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM

Discuss.

Not time to panic yet. This team is 1 or 2 plays from being 0-3, or a few plays of being 3-0. Baltimore is tough no doubt, it's still early. I wouldn't look past the Steelers yet.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Ain't time to panic,just be realistic, the STEELERS are still trying to figure out what kind of team they are. Should they know by now hell yes but there ain't gonna be no panicking:tt02: around here until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs,it don't matter where ya finish as long as ya make the "dance"...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2009, 12:15 AM
It's quite evident to anyone with half a brain that when a rival fan comes to a site or just shows up now and then out of the blue; and makes nearly 100 posts in a day that they're here to stir the pot. Regardless of how they come off, there's more often than not a method to their madness.

Don't get sucked into subpar trash talking unless you want it given right back to you :bluelol:

BlackGold4vr
09-29-2009, 12:29 AM
It's quite evident to anyone with half a brain that when a rival fan comes to a site or just shows up now and then out of the blue; and makes nearly 100 posts in a day that they're here to stir the pot. Regardless of how they come off, there's more often than not a method to their madness.

Don't get sucked into subpar trash talking unless you want it given right back to you :bluelol:

Not to worry Top, already flushed him! :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Simply amazing!!

We get a Rats fan here with his passive-agressive Smarmy style of psuedo trashtalk trying to thump his chest because his Big-Bad Over-rated Rats are 3-0.

I bet he's so Damn happy he's giving himself Auto-Fellatio while he's posting.

Ain't that the way it always happens; like last year before and after each of the Steeler/Ratbird games they just magically seem to show up out of the blue and then vanish just as quickly after the loss :reddevil:

Not to worry Top, already flushed him! :yellowthumb:

:lol: :lol: I'm sure he'll have some witty comeback if he shows up here tomorrow.

Dean Denton
09-29-2009, 12:42 AM
I am in flat out panic mode. Sure the Ravens haven't beat the cream of the crop, but I bet they roll over the Bears, and go 4-0 against the NFC. The way the Steelers are playing they will be lucky to go 2-2. Maybe we beat the Packers, but I doubt it. Farve and Adrian, I'm sure will bust up our Def if Troy isn't back, and if we cant beat the Lions, then this team is finished. So 1-3 sounds about right against the NFC. The only games I feel good about winning are the two against the Browns, and the one against KC. Our Def is playing bad enough to make the Raiders look good even in Pittsburgh.

However...Ben was not given a chance to win the game against the Bengals, but our Def still is soft, and in no way looks like they can help us get to the playoffs. I see no leadership on this team. Everyone is just going through the motions like this is all a set up. 60 minutes is what they need to be playing, and this team is only good for 45.

Yes, its time to hit the panic button.

BlackGold4vr
09-29-2009, 12:53 AM
I am in flat out panic mode. Sure the Ravens haven't beat the cream of the crop, but I bet they roll over the Bears, and go 4-0 against the NFC. The way the Steelers are playing they will be lucky to go 2-2. Maybe we beat the Packers, but I doubt it. Farve and Adrian, I'm sure will bust up our Def if Troy isn't back, and if we cant beat the Lions, then this team is finished. So 1-3 sounds about right against the NFC. The only games I feel good about winning are the two against the Browns, and the one against KC. Our Def is playing bad enough to make the Raiders look good even in Pittsburgh.

However...Ben was not given a chance to win the game against the Bengals, but our Def still is soft, and in no way looks like they can help us get to the playoffs. I see no leadership on this team. Everyone is just going through the motions like this is all a set up. 60 minutes is what they need to be playing, and this team is only good for 45.

Yes, its time to hit the panic button.

Step back away from the edge. Don't jump! Both losses were close games played on the road and we lost them in the final seconds. So you think the Ravens who gave up 24 to the Chiefs and 26 to the Chargers is going to go undefeated? It's a long season and there is plenty of time to make up lost ground. We do have a good team and they are going to get their **** together. Way too much talent on this team to throw in the towel so early.

:helmet:

Dean Denton
09-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Step back away from the edge. Don't jump! Both losses were close games played on the road and we lost them in the final seconds. So you think the Ravens who gave up 24 to the Chiefs and 26 to the Chargers is going to go undefeated? It's a long season and there is plenty of time to make up lost ground. We do have a good team and they are going to get their **** together. Way too much talent on this team to throw in the towel so early.

:helmet:Yes but the Ravens are scoring points too. And we are not. Not to mention we cant seem to get our Def off the field and we have come out at half time like a tired team. When we get drilled by the Chargers 33-17, I'm sure I wont be alone on hitting that panic button. We just lost to the Bengals...I think this team will struggle to get over that. The Def looks weak to me. Our rookie WR, our O-line, and QB seem to be the only thing worth smiling about. Well, Hines, and our punter too....But thats it...Holmes is back on the pipe again....drop, drop, drop......

steelersgal86
09-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Yes but the Ravens are scoring points too. And we are not. Not to mention we cant seem to get our Def off the field and we have come out at half time like a tired team. When we get drilled by the Chargers 33-17, I'm sure I wont be alone on hitting that panic button. We just lost to the Bengals...I think this team will struggle to get over that. The Def looks weak to me. Our rookie WR, our O-line, and QB seem to be the only thing worth smiling about. Well, Hines, and our punter too....But thats it...Holmes is back on the pipe again....drop, drop, drop......

WOW....how can you say we are not scoring points...are last two games were so close and down to the last secs. Grant it last weeks should never of been that close but it happens...I can understand being upset...but to say we are not scoring points is totally untrue....

There is NO reason to panic....still early we have alot of games to play and win!!! :gosteelers:

TEEMONT
09-29-2009, 08:08 AM
WOW....how can you say we are not scoring points...are last two games were so close and down to the last secs. Grant it last weeks should never of been that close but it happens...I can understand being upset...but to say we are not scoring points is totally untrue....

There is NO reason to panic....still early we have alot of games to play and win!!! :gosteelers:

field goals do not equal scoring points....until this team finds a way to finsih off drives....we ar ein trouble

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Big freaking deal the Rats are 3-0 playing 2 very lousy teams! Good for them, being undefeated in Sept. means nothing! Since when does winning the div. mean a trip to the SB???

Cinci sucks, they have spent their wad on the Steelers game and will be lucky to win 5 more games!

Flacco will hit a slump with some stiffer comp.!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Big freaking deal the Rats are 3-0 playing 2 very lousy teams! Good for them, being undefeated in Sept. means nothing! Since when does winning the div. mean a trip to the SB???

Cinci sucks, they have spent their wad on the Steelers game and will be lucky to win 5 more games!

Flacco will hit a slump with some stiffer comp.!

I disagree a bit here. I think the Bengals are a solid team. Probably will go 8-8 or 9-7. I also think Flacco is a pretty good QB. They may dial him back a bit in terms of pass attempts as the season goes on, but I don't expect him to fall off a cliff like you suggest. I also don't see the Raven's 3-0 record as being a bad thing. I fully understand that it in no way guarantees them anything, but if you had to ask me where I'd rather be...3-0 or 1-2...I'll take 3-0.

BlackGold4vr
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes but the Ravens are scoring points too. And we are not. Not to mention we cant seem to get our Def off the field and we have come out at half time like a tired team. When we get drilled by the Chargers 33-17, I'm sure I wont be alone on hitting that panic button. We just lost to the Bengals...I think this team will struggle to get over that. The Def looks weak to me. Our rookie WR, our O-line, and QB seem to be the only thing worth smiling about. Well, Hines, and our punter too....But thats it...Holmes is back on the pipe again....drop, drop, drop......

Perhaps a Ray Lewis or Joe Flacco jersey could find its way under your tree this year for Christmas. Sounds like you have a secret love for the purple! No doubt they still have lots of room on the wagon over there. Hurry, the good seats are going fast! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Perhaps a Ray Lewis or Joe Flacco jersey could find its way under your tree this year for Christmas. Sounds like you have a secret love for the purple! No doubt they still have lots of room on the wagon over there. Hurry, the good seats are going fast! :yellowthumb:

lol, doubt it JoeFlaccoSaysHi has bought them all out!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:21 AM

Already got my Kyle Boller jersey. Got it on sale...big surprise. It gets a lot of laughs too.

LatrobePA
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
I disagree a bit here. I think the Bengals are a solid team. Probably will go 8-8 or 9-7. I also think Flacco is a pretty good QB. They may dial him back a bit in terms of pass attempts as the season goes on, but I don't expect him to fall off a cliff like you suggest. I also don't see the Raven's 3-0 record as being a bad thing. I fully understand that it in no way guarantees them anything, but if you had to ask me where I'd rather be...3-0 or 1-2...I'll take 3-0.

We'll see big boy!

YES I will take my 1-2 STEELERS team over your 3-0 team any day of the week. They are a true winning team, Sept. my be off, but the rebound will have everyone talking!

We will hit our midseason form next game and ride it to the end!!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:27 AM
We'll see big boy!

YES I will take my 1-2 STEELERS team over your 3-0 team any day of the week. They are a true winning team, Sept. my be off, but the rebound will have everyone talking!

We will hit our midseason form next game and ride it to the end!!

I would certainly hope you'd rather have your team than mine. That's what makes us fans. Gotta believe in your team...even when they give you no reason to.

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
He is like an annoying little brother.:greenbounce2: HEY LOOK AT ME BIG BROTHER, LOL

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
He is like an annoying little brother.:greenbounce2: HEY LOOK AT ME BIG BROTHER, LOL

Hey if I annoy you then ignore me. It's that simple.

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
:greenbounce2:I'm over here now brother, please play with me.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
:greenbounce2:I'm over here now brother, please play with me.

You appear to be a newbie trying to make a name for yourself by flaming a rival fan. Very sad that your football intellect isn't enough to get you over on here.

Blazedby92
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
:greenbounce2:Come play with me please, I'm going to cry:rant2:

BR7
09-29-2009, 12:44 PM
:popcorn:

greatfish
09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey, I'd say you're the expert here . . . . Ratbirds know everything there is to know about garbage.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Hey, I'd say you're the expert here . . . . Ratbirds know everything there is to know about garbage.

Gotta love a Hagerstown guy crawling out of his hole to speak his mind.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm so glad Joe Flacco is here posting and concerned with the state of the Pittsburgh Steelers.....I'm not concerned yet but a loss to the Chargers then I will start being concerned.....1-3 would be a very tough hole for the Steelers to make the play-offs........Lets just say the Steelers win their next four which can happen then they will be 5-2 heading into their bye week then there will be no reason to be concerned......

Flacco you have a reason to be concerned as well....Flacco is 0-3 against the Steelers......

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm so glad Joe Flacco is here posting and concerned with the state of the Pittsburgh Steelers.....I'm not concerned yet but a loss to the Chargers then I will start being concerned.....1-3 would be a very tough hole for the Steelers to make the play-offs........Lets just say the Steelers win their next four which can happen then they will be 5-2 heading into their bye week then there will be no reason to be concerned......

Flacco you have a reason to be concerned as well....Flacco is 0-3 against the Steelers......

I wasn't aware the Steelers and Ravens played this season...let alone played 3 times. Something must be wrong with my TV.

greatfish
09-29-2009, 02:48 PM
And a guy from Baltimore? The rat capital, murder capital and teen pregnancy capital of the world??? Get a grip and get a real football team too (instead of stealing one from another city). You guys are the pits . . . griping for years about how your team was stolen and despising Indianapolis then supporting the tactic when it comes to your own filthy, crime ridden town (Best thing about Baltimore is The Wire, and you lost that too). I was a big Colts fan but I'll never root for stolen property. Icky Icky P'tang WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
And a guy from Baltimore? The rat capital, murder capital and teen pregnancy capital of the world??? Get a grip and get a real football team too (instead of stealing one from another city). You guys are the pits . . . griping for years about how your team was stolen and despising Indianapolis then supporting the tactic when it comes to your own filthy, crime ridden town (Best thing about Baltimore is The Wire, and you lost that too). I was a big Colts fan but I'll never root for stolen property. Icky Icky P'tang WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL everything that Baltimore has issues with...Hagerstown has issues with. Hagerstown is similar in a lot of ways to Baltimore...drug problems, gang problems, literacy problems...only difference is Baltimore is civilization where as Hagerstown is a gas stop on the way to Deep Creek Lake.

SouthCentral
09-29-2009, 03:40 PM
LOL everything that Baltimore has issues with...Hagerstown has issues with. Hagerstown is similar in a lot of ways to Baltimore...drug problems, gang problems, literacy problems...only difference is Baltimore is civilization where as Hagerstown is a gas stop on the way to Deep Creek Lake.

deep creek rocks! ive been there before. so quiet and relaxing :yesnod:

greatfish
09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Fly away little Ratbird . . . Fly fly fly. Your lack of ability to compare things proportionately doesn't surprise me, but I wonder ... are you still in kindergarten or did they push you out on your 21st birthday and give you a Ravens uniform as a gift.

I especially enjoy the way all you Ratbird fans define success for your Ratbird team by comparing how you're doing with the Steelers. Like I said, no sense of proportion at all . . .

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
deep creek rocks! ive been there before. so quiet and relaxing :yesnod:

Pretty decent skiing (Wisp) for Maryland. Beautiful country up there.

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 02:46 PM ---

Fly away little Ratbird . . . Fly fly fly. Your lack of ability to compare things proportionately doesn't surprise me, but I wonder ... are you still in kindergarten or did they push you out on your 21st birthday and give you a Ravens uniform as a gift.

I especially enjoy the way all you Ratbird fans define success for your Ratbird team by comparing how you're doing with the Steelers. Like I said, no sense of proportion at all . . .

Dude...you live in Hagerstown. You're probably high on meth or paint thinner right now. The fact that you guys have a running rivalry with Frederick, MD speaks for itself.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I wasn't aware the Steelers and Ravens played this season...let alone played 3 times. Something must be wrong with my TV.

He is referring to last season when Joe Flacco lost to the Steelers 3 times moron. Where did 32 make any reference at all to the Steelers and Ravens playing this season already?? Your attempts to be funny on here and trying to be a smart *** at the sametime are failing miserably. You knew damn well what he meant when he said Joe Flacco is 0-3 against the Steelers so cut the **** dude...

greatfish
09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Just another dumbass from Ratbird City . . . Can't count to 6 and can't read or spell. Typical Ratbird fan . . .

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
He is referring to last season when Joe Flacco lost to the Steelers 3 times moron. Where did 32 make any reference at all to the Steelers and Ravens playing this season already?? Your attempts to be funny on here and trying to be a smart *** at the sametime are failing miserably. You knew damn well what he meant when he said Joe Flacco is 0-3 against the Steelers so cut the **** dude...

I wasn't aware that those loses counted for this season. Darnit!

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 03:12 PM ---

Just another dumbass from Ratbird City . . . Can't count to 6 and can't read or spell. Typical Ratbird fan . . .

LOL at a guy from Hagerstown saying that!!! Trust me guys...if you've been to Hagerstown you'd know how funny this is!!!

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I wasn't aware that those loses counted for this season. Darnit!

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 03:12 PM ---

LOL at a guy from Hagerstown saying that!!! Trust me guys...if you've been to Hagerstown you'd know how funny this is!!!

They dont count for this season but it still doesnt change the fact that he has never beat the Steelers in his young career and is 0-3 against the them, and has thrown interceptions in key situations and made big mistakes against the Steelers everytime he has played them so far in his young career. That will be something that Flacco will have to get past psychologically in his head when he does see the Steelers later on this season in November and December. Because that shred of doubt Im sure will be there in his head when he plays the Steelers is can I beat them and not make the same mistakes I made last season against them when we meet.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
They dont count for this season but it still doesnt change the fact that he has never beat the Steelers in his young career and is 0-3 against the them, and has thrown interceptions in key situations and made big mistakes against the Steelers everytime he has played them so far in his young career. That will be something that Flacco will have to get past psychologically in his head when he does see the Steelers later on this season in November and December. Because that shred of doubt Im sure will be there in his head when he plays the Steelers is can I beat them and not make the same mistakes I made last season against them when we meet.

I really don't recall anywhere that I was bragging on Flacco. If I did, I apologize...this is a Steelers board and unless the Steelers are playing the Ravens it shouldn't have been discussed. I remember saying he was a pretty good QB when someone insulted him (unprompted). The guy was a rookie last year...he took his team to the playoffs and won a couple games in the playoffs. He had a good QB rating for a rookie too. I mean you can hate the Ravens all you want, but it's really not too accurate to say Flacco stinks or he had a terrible year. The Ravens and the Steelers played two close games in the regular season...and one not so close game in the AFC Championship. Congrats to the Steelers on a Super Bowl title. That was last season...this season that title won't get you much...and Flacco's losses as a rookie probably won't have much of an effect on his play this season. If you really believe that a rookie QB doesn't learn and get better then I don't know what to tell you.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I really don't recall anywhere that I was bragging on Flacco. If I did, I apologize...this is a Steelers board and unless the Steelers are playing the Ravens it shouldn't have been discussed. I remember saying he was a pretty good QB when someone insulted him (unprompted). The guy was a rookie last year...he took his team to the playoffs and won a couple games in the playoffs. He had a good QB rating for a rookie too. I mean you can hate the Ravens all you want, but it's really not too accurate to say Flacco stinks or he had a terrible year. The Ravens and the Steelers played two close games in the regular season...and one not so close game in the AFC Championship. Congrats to the Steelers on a Super Bowl title. That was last season...this season that title won't get you much...and Flacco's losses as a rookie probably won't have much of an effect on his play this season. If you really believe that a rookie QB doesn't learn and get better then I don't know what to tell you.

I never said he hasnt learned or gotten better from last season because he definitely has. It still doesnt change the fact that trends in the NFL start to build up in players heads and teams heads when certain players or teams cant beat a certain other team. Flacco still hasnt beaten the Steelers yet and until he does it could end up weighing on him a lot in his head. We will find out come November in Baltimore one way or another...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I never said he hasnt learned or gotten better from last season because he definitely has. It still doesnt change the fact that trends in the NFL start to build up in players heads and teams heads when certain players or teams cant beat a certain other team. Flacco still hasnt beaten the Steelers yet and until he does it could end up weighing on him a lot in his head. We will find out come November in Baltimore one way or another...

You're basically inferring that because Flacco didn't beat the Steelers as a rookie that he'll have trouble doing so for his entire career. This is just nonsense. Come on man...drop this point...it doesn't make sense.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
You're basically inferring that because Flacco didn't beat the Steelers as a rookie that he'll have trouble doing so for his entire career. This is just nonsense. Come on man...drop this point...it doesn't make sense.

We dont know whether he will or not that's my point. The facts are he still hasnt yet dude that's the bottom line whether you want to admit it or not. I never said anything about him having trouble about beating the Steelers his entire career. I said until he does beat them that first time whenever that might occur. So quit putting words in my mouth. All I said was when one player or certain teams cant beat one team it starts to get in their heads a little bit. Look at the Steelers and the Browns it's a prime example. They havent beaten the Steelers the last 11 times they played. You think when the Browns play the Steelers that isnt in the back of their minds?? If you say no then you dont know what youre talking about. My point is valid and legit

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
We dont know whether he will or not that's my point. The facts are he still hasnt yet dude that's the bottom line whether you want to admit it or not. I never said anything about him having trouble about beating the Steelers his entire career. I said until he does beat them that first time whenever that might occur. So quit putting words in my mouth. All I said was when one player or certain teams cant beat one team it starts to get in their heads a little bit. Look at the Steelers and the Browns it's a prime example. They havent beaten the Steelers the last 11 times they played. You think when the Browns play the Steelers that isnt in the back of their minds?? If you say no then you dont know what youre talking about. My point is valid and legit

You need to let this one go. This is a silly debate and I think you see what I'm saying and are a bit too stubborn to admit you might be wrong. Who cares anyway...like you said this should be settled on the field in November anyways. There are better things to discuss...including an insightfull zone blocking debate!

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
You need to let this one go. This is a silly debate and I think you see what I'm saying and are a bit too stubborn to admit you might be wrong. Who cares anyway...like you said this should be settled on the field in November anyways. There are better things to discuss...including an insightfull zone blocking debate!

I cant help the fact that you ignore facts and twist **** around into something I wasnt even talking about. You got a lot of nerve telling me that I am stubborn and have a problem admitting Im wrong that's a joke right there lol...You're a ****ing idiot dude plain and simple you might be one the dumbest people to ever post on this board from another team...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I cant help the fact that you ignore facts and twist **** around into something I wasnt even talking about. You got a lot of nerve telling me that I am stubborn and have a problem admitting Im wrong that's a joke right there lol...You're a ****ing idiot dude plain and simple you might be one the dumbest people to ever post on this board from another team...

Why are you getting so bent out of shape? Did you object to my invitation to discuss zone blocking? I don't think you think I'm dumb. You're frustrated right now. You realize that you may have made a bad call on Flacco and you realize that I'm right about you being to stubborn to admit it. It makes you angry and you don't know how to react. No worries...just drop it and let's discuss something else.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Why are you getting so bent out of shape? Did you object to my invitation to discuss zone blocking? I don't think you think I'm dumb. You're frustrated right now. You realize that you may have made a bad call on Flacco and you realize that I'm right about you being to stubborn to admit it. It makes you angry and you don't know how to react. No worries...just drop it and let's discuss something else.

I would have asked already to have you banned because while you're not a total troll and you have football knowledge some of your responses are very arrogant and very annoying. Like I said I dont want him banned because I want to see if you're here for the entire year and when things turn around for the Steelers and IF the Ravens start to struggle for a little bit. Until then you have no credibility on this board as far as Im concerned...Ill respect you a lot more if you are on this board for the long haul not just when the Ravens are 3-0 and the Steelers have lost 2 games in a row. It's very ironic and very suspect that you joined this site right when those two things occured.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I would have asked already to have you banned because while you're not a total troll and you have football knowledge some of your responses are very arrogant and very annoying. Like I said I dont want him banned because I want to see if you're here for the entire year and when things turn around for the Steelers and IF the Ravens start to struggle for a little bit. Until then you have no credibility on this board as far as Im concerned...Ill respect you a lot more if you are on this board for the long haul not just when the Ravens are 3-0 and the Steelers have lost 2 games in a row. It's very ironic and very suspect that you joined this site right when those two things occured.

I admit my timing would seem somewhat suspicious. I went back and forth with some Steelers fans on my home board and enjoyed the conversation. Thought maybe I could find more of the same here. I have done my best not to discuss records and really don't feel I've been harping on anything Ravens-related. I just find it a bit odd that I have no credibility until my team struggles. So my team has to play poorly for me to get respect here. I really don't get that at all.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I admit my timing would seem somewhat suspicious. I went back and forth with some Steelers fans on my home board and enjoyed the conversation. Thought maybe I could find more of the same here. I have done my best not to discuss records and really don't feel I've been harping on anything Ravens-related. I just find it a bit odd that I have no credibility until my team struggles. So my team has to play poorly for me to get respect here. I really don't get that at all.

Like I said IF that does happen and the Steelers begin to win again and catch up to the Ravens we will see if you are still around. We have seen too many people on this board from other teams come here when their team was winning, and then they dissapeared like a fart in the wind once their team started struggling and wasnt playing as well. I guess time will tell to see whether or not you fall into the same category...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Like I said IF that does happen and the Steelers begin to win again and catch up to the Ravens we will see if you are still around. We have seen too many people on this board from other teams come here when their team was winning, and then they dissapeared like a fart in the wind once their team started struggling and wasnt playing as well. I guess time will tell to see whether or not you fall into the same category...

Again you say the only way for me to get respect is to be here when the Ravens are playing poorly. Therefore my team has to lose. I don't get that. Clearly I'm not here to rub the Ravens' fast start in anyone's faces...if I was I would have done it and been banned by now. Are we over this now?

--- Added 9/29/2009 at 04:27 PM ---

Heading out. Have a good night all.

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Again you say the only way for me to get respect is to be here when the Ravens are playing poorly. Therefore my team has to lose. I don't get that. Clearly I'm not here to rub the Ravens' fast start in anyone's faces...if I was I would have done it and been banned by now. Are we over this now?

I been over it you keep trying to argue with me about it. Ive been on this board going on 4 years now buddy so I know what Im talking about. I have earned the respect of all the great Steelers fans on here and a lot of them say and talk good things about me more times then not which I greatly appreciate. It's quite simple stay here for the entire season and not only me but a lot more people on this board will respect you a lot more, who knows if you're not too annoying they might even begin to like you some and make peace...

SouthCentral
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Joe you must love this site

Black@Gold Forever32
09-29-2009, 06:08 PM
That Flacco guy is a real character....Only reason I mentioned that Flacco hasn't beat the Steelers yet is the fact that some QB's always struggle against a particular team....Look at Peyton Manning vs the Pats/Belichick......

So if the Steelers can get their act together and continue to lay the smack down on Flacco then I'm not concerned at all.....Only three games have been played......

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2009, 06:28 PM
That Flacco guy is a real character....Only reason I mentioned that Flacco hasn't beat the Steelers yet is the fact that some QB's always struggle against a particular team....Look at Peyton Manning vs the Pats/Belichick......

So if the Steelers can get their act together and continue to lay the smack down on Flacco then I'm not concerned at all.....Only three games have been played......

It's what I was trying to tell him this whole time and he kept trying to twist it around and say I was saying that Flacco was going to struggle his whole career against the Steelers which I never mentioned or referred too one time. All I was saying was the longer Flacco goes without beating the Steelers and struggling against them however long that might be the more the Steelers are going to be in his head each and everytime he faces them...

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-30-2009, 08:55 AM
I been over it you keep trying to argue with me about it. Ive been on this board going on 4 years now buddy so I know what Im talking about. I have earned the respect of all the great Steelers fans on here and a lot of them say and talk good things about me more times then not which I greatly appreciate. It's quite simple stay here for the entire season and not only me but a lot more people on this board will respect you a lot more, who knows if you're not too annoying they might even begin to like you some and make peace...

I can buy this. Stay for the whole season and I'll get respect. I just didn't really see the point you were making before about how the Ravens had to struggle for me to get respect.

--- Added 9/30/2009 at 07:55 AM ---

It's what I was trying to tell him this whole time and he kept trying to twist it around and say I was saying that Flacco was going to struggle his whole career against the Steelers which I never mentioned or referred too one time. All I was saying was the longer Flacco goes without beating the Steelers and struggling against them however long that might be the more the Steelers are going to be in his head each and everytime he faces them...

If it was struggles over the course of a couple or a few seasons I might agree with you. But it was his rookie year. Rookies get better and it's probably not a good idea to state that Flacco will have trouble beating the Steelers his entire career based on his rookie campaign.

Dean Denton
10-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Perhaps a Ray Lewis or Joe Flacco jersey could find its way under your tree this year for Christmas. Sounds like you have a secret love for the purple! No doubt they still have lots of room on the wagon over there. Hurry, the good seats are going fast! :yellowthumb: Do you think one of those purple jersey's would come with balls?

BIGBEN4MVP
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
lmao this guy is a waste of my time but ill hit him with some facts cuz hes an idiot..ravens last yr 0-3 against pit we own the ratbirds also flacco isnt even near as close to as good as big ben ed reed doesnt come close to polamalu..ravens try to be like the steelers in every way but they cant cuz they have to go through pit and we own the ratbirds!!!!!! get off deez nuts purple wearing homo!

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Looks like my prediction was right on Joe accept that I didnt think the Bengals would beat the Ravens yesterday. But it actually worked out better. Because now the Ravens have a good chance of losing 3 games in a row when they go to Minnesota this Sunday and dropping to 3rd place in the division seeing that the Steelers host the Browns which should get them to 4-2...The game in Minnesota for the Ravens is a huge huge game for them. Losing 3 games in a row and dropping to 3-3 and possibly 2 games behind the Bengals who host Houston this Sunday and another game behind the Steelers would not be a good thing at all for the Ravens. Like I said to you a few weeks ago Joe when you were on this board when the Ravens were 3-0 and the Steelers were 1-2 it's early and dont start running your mouth and getting ahead of yourself just yet because look at how things are now in the division 2 weeks later. Doesnt look so great now for the Ravens does it??

LarryNJ
10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Doesnt look so great now for the Ravens does it??

Now Now Troyisabeast...:nono::nono: please stay on topic! :)

This thread is about the Steelers not the undefeated Ravens, let's try and stay on topic.

Moondog
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Joe Flacco, is it time to panic yet? :eek1:

Edit: Hey Joe, I just couldn't resist, just busting your balls a little. :yellowthumb:

scottbe
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
i think its time for this joeflacco clown to panic-ratbirds have a tough road ahead! i love it!

greatfish
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Where is your Ravens board? Why not invite us all over for a visit?

V_83
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
If it was struggles over the course of a couple or a few seasons I might agree with you. But it was his rookie year. Rookies get better and it's probably not a good idea to state that Flacco will have trouble beating the Steelers his entire career based on his rookie campaign.

I agree with you here. Just because Flacco lost to the Steelers his entire rookie season, doesn't mean he's going to keep on losing to them because he has in the past. I don't really see him being that kind of quarterback. That being said I'm not picking the Ravens to win against us, it's just that that doesn't make sense. To me at least.

LatrobePA
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Ravens gave up 120 yards to Benson in front of a home crowd! Ouch!

TampaSteelGirl
10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I won't panic until we lose a game WITH Polamalu on board...then i'll panic.

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Have you noticed just like I called Joe out on this a few weeks back I told him to stick around for the long haul on this board and be here when the Ravens were in a losing streak and the Steelers were on a winning streak and where is he now?? Has anybody seen a post from JoeFlacco the last 2 days since the Ravens lost?? I sure havent so much like I predicted once the Ravens fell on a few bad weeks he would dissapear like a fart in the wind and not be seen hardly at all like he was first was when he first appeared on this board...Thanks Joe for proving my point right on...

LatrobePA
10-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Have you noticed just like I called Joe out on this a few weeks back I told him to stick around for the long haul on this board and be here when the Ravens were in a losing streak and the Steelers were on a winning streak and where is he now?? Has anybody seen a post from JoeFlacco the last 2 days since the Ravens lost?? I sure havent so much like I predicted once the Ravens fell on a few bad weeks he would dissapear like a fart in the wind and not be seen hardly at all like he was first was when he first appeared on this board...Thanks Joe for proving my point right on...

Without getting carried away with it, I do agree, he's chicken ****! Diffrent when the shoes on the other foot!

LarryNJ
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe he is having a panic attack since Sunday afternoon.

DanRooney
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM

He's not trolling! He's making quality posts :lol::lol::lol:

As much of a troll as he was, there were even dumber members on this group claiming the above. :banana:

LatrobePA
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM

As much of a troll as he was, there were even dumber members on this group claiming the above. :banana:

Me <-----------<<<<<<

Damn *******!

Blazedby92
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing Gravity

Richmond Rukus
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM

It wasn't as much members sticking up for the guy as it was people getting sick of the spamming posts about Joe in what seemed to be every thread. Which is no better than trolling the boards.

lloydfan4life
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I still think the Ratbirds should consider switching from field turf to natural grass.
What'dya think, Joe?
Joe?
:youthere:
:scratch:

DanRooney
10-13-2009, 11:00 PM
I still think the Ratbirds should consider switching from field turf to natural grass.
What'dya think, Joe?
Joe?
:youthere:
:scratch:

lmao :tt02:

greennick
10-14-2009, 12:40 AM
I am sure he will be back.

At least once (if) they win a few games again.

Troyisabeast_43
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I am sure he will be back.

At least once (if) they win a few games again.

Well the Ravens next 3 games are against the Vikings,Broncos,and Bengals and 2 of those 3 games are on the road. So who knows if we will see him anytime soon. I know this much if he does show back up on here only after the Ravens win then I will definitely call him out and proceed to destroy him in the process...Like I told him before if youre going to earn any respect and credibility on this board as an opposing fan you stick around the whole time when your team is both winning and losing. He has failed to stick around ever since the Ravens lost to the Bengals the other day. So as far as Im concerned his word and his post mean nothing because he is a gutless coward who only posts on here when the Steelers were losing and the Ravens were winning...

LatrobePA
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Vikes / Ravens game will be brutal, I'm guessing 2 if not more starters will be out for the season (from each team)!

scott0326
10-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I wonder what excuse he'll have for not coming on.

"My computer broke"

"I was busy"

lloydfan4life
10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Maybe he's on vacation? :dunno: :rolleyes:

TEEMONT
10-14-2009, 10:41 PM
the man crush you guys have for flacco is kinda scary....

DanRooney
10-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe Teemont is a little upset that he finally figured out Flacco wasn't he's real friend. Poor guy.

Nice avatar btw. He's been making real strides the past 3 years.

TEEMONT
10-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe Teemont is a little upset that he finally figured out Flacco wasn't he's real friend. Poor guy.

Nice avatar btw. He's been making real strides the past 3 years.

he's real friend? nice english there little dude.

first you guys **** and moan there's a Ravens fan on the board (who was actually making better Steeler related post than you do) then when he doesn't come back, you **** and moan some more.

I don't think I have ever seen a fan-base so intolerant of other fans. I could understand if the dude had come over here flaming the Steelers, which he didn't, but he was asking a legitimate question and you tards wanted to turn it into a Raven bashing contest.

The dude is much less of a troll than you are Gravity, you flame the Steelers and their player with more lame nicknames than Chris Berman.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Well the Ravens next 3 games are against the Vikings,Broncos,and Bengals and 2 of those 3 games are on the road. So who knows if we will see him anytime soon. I know this much if he does show back up on here only after the Ravens win then I will definitely call him out and proceed to destroy him in the process...Like I told him before if youre going to earn any respect and credibility on this board as an opposing fan you stick around the whole time when your team is both winning and losing. He has failed to stick around ever since the Ravens lost to the Bengals the other day. So as far as Im concerned his word and his post mean nothing because he is a gutless coward who only posts on here when the Steelers were losing and the Ravens were winning...

I too was waiting to see if he would stick around when things started to go south with his team, but so far, *crickets*. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he didn't come on here blatantly flaming the Steelers and just trying to stir the pot.

Perhaps he has a legitimate reason for not coming back, perhaps it's purely coincidental that he stopped coming around when we won and they lost. Based on past experience I'd say probably not so much with the coincidental part but whatever.

I will give him credit though, he wasn't your typical troll just coming acting like a retard right off the bat.

TampaSteelGirl
10-15-2009, 12:16 PM
I liked him because he had REAL football knowledge and you could acutally go back and forth about football..so he's cool in my book. While he was a Ravens fan its understandable he supports his Ravens who were undefeated and playing pretty well..we werent. Hope he comes back and brings some more interesting threads and acutally has something to say other than Dawgs that just keeps telling us how great the Browns will/are/are going to be if......:OA02:

DanRooney
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
he's real friend? nice english there little dude.

first you guys **** and moan there's a Ravens fan on the board (who was actually making better Steeler related post than you do) then when he doesn't come back, you **** and moan some more.

I don't think I have ever seen a fan-base so intolerant of other fans. I could understand if the dude had come over here flaming the Steelers, which he didn't, but he was asking a legitimate question and you tards wanted to turn it into a Raven bashing contest.

The dude is much less of a troll than you are Gravity, you flame the Steelers and their player with more lame nicknames than Chris Berman.

Timmy Teeboy misses his 'friend' :lol:.

TEEMONT
10-15-2009, 08:11 PM

keep trolling debbie

scottbe
10-15-2009, 08:40 PM
i dont get why steelers fans even bother with this joker--his screen name joeflaccosayshi is like spitting in your face! ratbird fans dont belong here!

DanRooney
10-15-2009, 09:42 PM
keep trolling debbie

ah one of those guys that cries troll once you've been proven wrong and smacked around. very original :yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
10-15-2009, 10:14 PM
ah one of those guys that cries troll once you've been proven wrong and smacked around. very original :yellowthumb:

proven wrong? about what exactly? are you tim lumber?

TampaSteelGirl
10-16-2009, 01:25 PM

Seriously....how old are you? Last time I checked it was a free country.

Flacco had more knowledge of football than I've seen you post in quite awhile. You're barking up the wrong tree with Tee..seriously. I'll bet money you've trolled another board or too yourself. So lets stop with your childish posts and talk some real football..prove me wrong that you actually know what you're talking about...:yellowthumb: