PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace

steelersbabex25
09-28-2009, 09:22 AM
I know that everyone's mad about the loses but..that kid is a little star. 7 catches for over 100 yards is a big deal to me considering he's a rookie. He runs his routes and catches the ball..and I'm sure his crazy speed doesn't hurt either. Once we learn to not put our offense and defense into last minute pressure situations, he could be one of the keys to success.:crossfingers:

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 09:33 AM
He is a bright star right now.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Hats off to Wallace, he looked like a seasoned pro out there, Holmes and Sweed should be hanging their heads in shame this morning!

He's clearly cemented the 3rd wr slot!

A real shame he couldn't have stayed in bounds on the deep ball from Ben, the flight of the ball led him out, it would have been a hell of a play to stay in and make the TD, reckon CP's Steve Smith would have struggled to stay inbounds there!

Nice work MW.

Go Steelers!

Lunchbucket
09-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Liked how he backed up his attitude with production,crisp routes,good hands,good game situation awareness.

Blazedby92
09-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Way to go scout team, way to find a hidden gem.:plus1:

BlackGold4vr
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Coach said that he didn't need to name the #3 because their play would separate them.

I believe it has!

Congratulations Mike Wallace!

You have clearly separated yourself from the pack.

greennick
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Coach said that he didn't need to name the #3 because their play would separate them.

I believe it has!

Spot on. Wallace is the #3 as far as I am concerned now. Sweed will get the call-up in 4 WR sets or with injuries and that is it. I am sure he will come good eventually, but we are not a rebuilding team, we are in the zone now, so we don't have time to wait around for him.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Holmes keeps dropping passes Ben will look for Wallace more...

Callax
09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Wallace looked great out there on Sunday!
Sweed bobbled away the winning score and secured himself a spot on the bench next week unless his hands turn into Lynn Swann's this week!!
When Holmes contract is up, does anyone think Pitt has his replacement ready and in the wings?? ( If holmes gets greedy)
I think so, but it's too early to go there, one very good game does not make a career!

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Wallace looked great out there on Sunday!
Sweed bobbled away the winning score and secured himself a spot on the bench next week unless his hands turn into Lynn Swann's this week!!
When Holmes contract is up, does anyone think Pitt has his replacement ready and in the wings?? ( If holmes gets greedy)
I think so, but it's too early to go there, one very good game does not make a career!

Could be the case! Holmes will want a big raise.

I love the guy but his cocky *** needs to hang onto the ball too!

yinzer
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
#1. Hines Ward
#2. Mike Wallace
#3. Santonio Holmes
#4. Mike Wallace's jock strap
#5. Limas Sweed

Blazedby92
09-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I guess he forgot how to "be great". Shut up and play ball!!

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I guess he forgot how to "be great". Shut up and play ball!!

Thank you, his cockyness is pee'n me off! Make a first down get up and go into the huddle, stop showboating! You made one lousy catch!

steelcityrockers
09-28-2009, 08:32 PM
#1. Hines Ward
#2. Mike Wallace
#3. Santonio Holmes
#4. Mike Wallace's jock strap
#5. Limas Sweed

Yeah...no.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Thank you, his cockyness is pee'n me off! Make a first down get up and go into the huddle, stop showboating! You made one lousy catch!

I agree the Holmes signaling first down after every single big catch or big play he makes is starting to get really old and tiresome now and it needs to stop...

igor0190
09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Sweed did catch the ball. He just dropped it when he hit the ground. Maybe it's part of his progression that he has to learn how to take impact from the ground. I'm just saying it is actually an improvement from "dropping" the ball with his hands in a strange way.

Well in any case he will probably have some time to work on holding the ball before he's called on.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Sweed did catch the ball. He just dropped it when he hit the ground. Maybe it's part of his progression that he has to learn how to take impact from the ground. I'm just saying it is actually an improvement from "dropping" the ball with his hands in a strange way.

Well in any case he will probably have some time to work on holding the ball before he's called on.

There is still no excuse for dropping that ball by Sweed. Not in year 2 when you already have dropped enough key passes in your first season including one drop in the AFC Championship game that could have cost you a trip to the Super Bowl. I dont know how they fix this drop problem with Sweed it's flat out ridiculous how wide open he gets and at the sametime how he cannot catch the ball to save his life and just continues to fail miserably everytime he has a chance to make a big impact...

HUNT4SEVEN
09-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Mike Wallace was an steal:yellowthumb: kudos to the front office for this pick:clap:, When Ward calls it a career Wallace will take his place, not only is he better than Sweed right now but he's much better and more consistent than Washington was....washington dropped atleast 3 balls maybe more yesterday, i'm glad we have Wallace on our team!:tt02: