PDA

View Full Version : game 3 thoughts!!!

jtretz
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Well we blew another one!

Can we blame it on Sweed?

Can we blame it on coaching? (going for it on 4th down right before end of 1st half)

Can we blame the defense?

Can we blame it again on Reed?

You know we let another one slip away when we dominated the first half. A lot of people think were done. This is going to make us stronger. It has to make us stronger!!

We should be 3-0 but we can't finish. We need to play a whole 60 minutes! Our entire team including the coaching staff! We act like we have the game in hand and then change our play. We need to dominate early and for the entire game. We were moving the ball pretty easilly so Tomlin goes for it on 4th down and we blow it and they get in field goal range via good field position and get back in the game.

We can't blame just Sweed for dropping an easy TD! We can't blame Reed for missing another makable field goal! We can't blame the coaching by not being able to score a TD deep inside the red zone! We are a team and needs to play a complete game so when someone does drop a ball or miss a kick we can compensate for it!!!

We are the Steelers!! We had the toughest schedule last year and went all the way!
We have won 6 championships!! We will learn from these 2 losses ( give aways!). That's what they are. No team has beat us yet! We have beaten ourselves!!!!

When we play a complete game no team stands a chance!!!!:tt02:

igor0190
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Remeber the goal is to get into the playoffs playing good ball.
Steelers need to get their sh#t together, beat the Chargers at Heinz, and go into the bye week ready to work their asses off.

We are in tough already. 3rd in the division.

kgreen
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
The reason we lost this game is because we failed to score touchdowns early in the game. Our defense has played great early in games, but they have been shaky at best in the fourth quarter. Now I did expect some sort of a drop off with Troy out but there is no excuse for James Farrior missing that tackle at the end. This whole game was a collection of missed opportunities from both sides of the ball.

Now there were positives:
-Willie Parker: I really hope this rushing performance was not a product of playing a mediocre defense.
-Mike Wallace: He won himself the no. 3 recieving role IMO. Great game from this young man. I only wish he could have stayed in bounds on that long pass.
-Ben: Other than that interception, he played another solid game.

I don't know what to think about this team. We are putting ourselves in great positions to win every week. I guess we just need to work on execution so we don't get in these situations.

igor0190
09-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Running game today was a product of playing a weaker defence.

There should now be a huge sense of urgency for next weeks game. How the team will be big.

Dean Denton
09-28-2009, 12:28 AM
This team does not look good. This looks to be another let down after a SB win. Ben looks good, but this Def looks second rate. I think its safe to say that our book-ends were getting all those sacks last year because Troy was forcing QB's to hold that ball longer. Unless...Cincy is really that good, and could be 3-0 if not for a fluke loss to Denver. Sweed dropping the ball hurt. Reed missing again hurt. Holmes dropping passes hurt. Ward getting flagged hurt. But what looked good was the O-line and the running game. Is this team doing this to just **** me off? Maybe it will come together. I just dont see all that much heart coming from this team. I dont see any fire from the side line. Could this team fall to 1-3? I'm sad, and its all because of the Steelers............

igor0190
09-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Just goes to show that there is little difference between winning and losing in the NFL. A little bit of confidence and we will be back on track.

Big T
09-28-2009, 01:17 AM
I have faith in these guys to pull it together but we don't have much time....I know its only 3 games in but we are already 3rd in the division.

LarryNJ
09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Not confident that they are able to convert on 3rd or 4th and 1. If they were we punch it in on 4th from the 1 instead of settling for a FG. Our red zone O needs to get TD's.

Dropping passes for the second week in a row.

Lack of any pass rush. When we fix this we will get turn overs again.

Bright spots are the O line is playing much better and Wallace has stepped up.

Tr305
09-28-2009, 02:29 AM
Im disapointed again this week but still not worried the seaons still young and jtretz said we should be 3-0 but we gacve away two games we had and should have won. Just gotta rebound next week and beat chargers 1-3 doesnt sound or look good an dI dont wanna have deal that. Then week 5 we have lions so win next two weeks we're 3-2

OC Steel Curtain
09-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Not even worried. The Day I worry is when the steelers get man handled. A loss is a loss but it wasnt a blow out. Quick fix

DanRooney
09-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Not even worried. The Day I worry is when the steelers get man handled. A loss is a loss but it wasnt a blow out. Quick fix

Yeah that was what we said last week. How long does a quick fix take? 2 more games?

cmerrifield
09-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I thought there were some great positives this game. Wallace is obviously the man and GREAT pick up in the third round. We only allowed Ben to get sacked once.
Parker had some yards. We are doing everything right but finishing. Its ok, we will get this figured out. We will be fine. I am not worried. Besides, Bouchette said we would loose these two games, so at least someone saw this coming.

greennick
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I thought there were some great positives this game. Wallace is obviously the man and GREAT pick up in the third round. We only allowed Ben to get sacked once.
Parker had some yards. We are doing everything right but finishing. Its ok, we will get this figured out. We will be fine. I am not worried. Besides, Bouchette said we would loose these two games, so at least someone saw this coming.

I think a lot of people saw it coming. We have been flat since the first game.

UKSTEELER
09-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I think the players can improve their games, we're still loaded with talent and improvements in the weak spots, ie O line have been made.

The bigger question mark hangs over wether or not the play calling and Defensive schemes can improve along with it.

It needs both to click together.

Here's hoping?

KemoTherapy
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Too many mistakes in all aspects of the game. The aging defence then gets hung out to dry and is out of gas in the last quarter. That's why you need a ball possession run heavy offence. Looks like the SB hangover redux.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
09-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I thought the Steelers lost to a quality opponent. They played fine...the Bengals just played better. The better team on any given day wins the game...and yesterday the Bengals were the better team. No excuses...end of story.

OC Steel Curtain
09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah that was what we said last week. How long does a quick fix take? 2 more games?

lol its week three.. still got LOTS of playing to do.

Zachintosh66
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Yeah but losing after being up 20-9 in the 4th... very hard to swallow.

Sometimes there are victories that we call "team wins"... i think this one was a "team loss" Several people had chances to finish this game off in one way or another and we couldnt.

SteelerSal
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Sometimes there are victories that we call "team wins"... i think this one was a "team loss" Several people had chances to finish this game off in one way or another and we couldnt.

Yeah it is hard to swallow.
The team needs to learn how to finish games again. What has happened to them the past few games is what they were doing to almost every opponent last season.

Time for the Steelers to take control again and I have a feeling Tomlin will see that that is the main focus this week and here on out.

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 04:37 PM

This team right now for whatever reason is doing just enough in whatever phase it maybe in the game to lose. If they need a big drive from the offense to close out the game like they did yesterday they dont get it instead they go 3 and out. If they need a TD in the red zone instead of settling for 3 and letting teams off the hook like they did yesterday they dont get it. Same goes with the defense too. If they need to make a big stop late in the game on defense they arent doing it. It's a lot like 2007 Tomlin's first season as I have been saying on here in some other posts. The Steelers defense is failing to make key plays late when the game is on the line. Like TG said this last minute heroic **** is not going to be enough to win every single week.

Tomlin cant assume every single week if one phase fails to get it done during crunch time that either Ben or the great defense is going to bail them out every single time like they did 5 or 6 games last season. It's not the case so far this season and it appears that it's finally caught up to the Steelers. Until this team figures out a way to put teams out of their misery like they should have and could have done the last 2 weeks in Chicago and Cincinnati you're going to see a lot more of what you have seen the last 2 weeks with the game going right down to the wire.

I just didnt like Tomlin saying after the game that they dont need to put teams away early they need to just find ways to win. That tells me right there that he thinks that they are going to keep winning games ugly like they did so many times last season and this year that is not going to be the case. Tomlin stresses finishing on situational football time and time again well he had better work on those things day and night this week because it doesnt get any easier this week with a pretty good San Diego team coming into Heinz Field on Sunday night.

NorCalSteel
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
these last 2 games are sure reminding me of the end of the season 2 years ago.:thinking:
I sure hope they get it fixed soon.

Ambridge
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
To be completely honest....the way the Steelers are playing now is how I thought they'd end up playing last year.
I knew they were still going to struggle with the O-line and running the ball this year but the entire team looks like they're playing in a FOG.

You gotta take bad games as well as the good games and realize the NFL is not all Sunshine and Lollipops on gameday.

My thoughts on Game 3 is that I'm glad I live near DC so I can watch all the Whailing and Screaming that Redskins fans are doing today. :lol: