PDA

View Full Version : Who really sucks? Steelers O-line or Bruce Arians?

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177751-bruce-arians-love-him-or-hate-him

The O-line is built for blocking straight ahead. But Arians scheme is zone blocking. He refuses to change. So who really sucks?

HUNT4SEVEN
09-27-2009, 08:59 PM
O-Line coach an O-Coordinator!

SteelCityKid5
09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I have always hated Arians. Yes, even last year. I don't like the fact the we seldom run anymore. That slogan: Pittsburgh Steelers football is smash mouth football, is a far dream anymore

steel-tex
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Man i agree - i miss a fullback and a good running game. Balance in your offense starts with being able to run - we sure suck at it. Willie ran good today but never seemed to get in to a rythm.

igor0190
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I miss the running game as much as the next, but wake up... The league is different now and we have the weapons to be a very impressive passing team. Why don't we focus on that and use it to set up the running game.
Running the same vanilla running play every first down only puts us behind the 8 ball. Try running some more draw plays out of passing sets. They suit Willie more than sending him in between the tackles without a hole anywhere!

greennick
09-27-2009, 10:42 PM
At least if we have a **** year this year we may end up with a new OC....

steelersforever1983
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
if it's a bad year lots of cuts will happen on offense. Offense Line needs work, need a real fullback. fire the OC and find one that knows the steeler way. Fullbacks are not dead this douche doesn't like to run the ball. look at the rat birds they are what we used to be a running team that does play action passes. then they play defense. so don't tell me the nfl has changed it's about personal. if you get the right guys to fit your offense then you can get it done.

Big T
09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
both....

DanRooney
09-28-2009, 12:31 AM
What in the flying **** are you guys talking about? We lose so the blame goes to the line every single time? Ben got sacked once, our run blocking was fine for a majority of the game. How bout our defense bailing out in a crucial time of the game for the 3rd time in the past 4 games? This loss is on Limp Dick LeBeau and Tomlin.

Dee Mca
09-28-2009, 12:32 AM
It's BA and his Prevent Offense and only thing its preventing us from doing right now is Winning. BA better get his act together pretty quick or he'll find out what true meaning of NFL is!

PsychoWard
09-28-2009, 12:37 AM
guess i was watching a different game cause i thought the line was fine today!! Like any lose you can place blame a lot of different places!! instead of blaming the coaches who aren't on the field how about limas sweed who drooped a perfect touchdown ball???? again that is just an example you could place blame a few different places!!!

DanRooney
09-28-2009, 12:54 AM
guess i was watching a different game cause i thought the line was fine today!! Like any lose you can place blame a lot of different places!! instead of blaming the coaches who aren't on the field how about limas sweed who drooped a perfect touchdown ball???? again that is just an example you could place blame a few different places!!!

Yeah the line played fantastic today. Bunch of idiots who point the finger at the same thing after every loss. Did you guys see LeBeau's undisciplined defense let the Bengals run down the field for 80 yards twice in the 4th quarter?

--- Added 9/27/2009 at 11:54 PM ---

"oh we'll let them get the stuff underneath"

News flash. You can't let them do that when there's plenty of time left and they're only down by five ****ing points. :banging:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-28-2009, 01:20 AM
we are fd. u can't keep the same game face on year after year and expect no one to counter. good luck steelers.

NCSteeler
09-28-2009, 02:20 AM
The line played great today. If anything there was some conservative play calling after getting up, but that's what teams with great Ds do. I guess they will learn to go all out until Troy comes back.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2009, 08:46 AM
This was one game where the line really was not to blame, atleast not solely. Everybody takes the blame in a loss, no question about it but atleast in this case the front 5 actually played pretty decent against a better than than average Bengal defense.

Place the blame anywhere you want in this game but the OL is not the reason we lost.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Play calling, play calling! SIMPLE as that! Take your foot off the gas and look what happens!

BA is a worthless POS that should of been gone 3 years ago!

Ben begged coach T to keep him!

tat2
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I miss the running game as much as the next, but wake up... The league is different now and we have the weapons to be a very impressive passing team. Why don't we focus on that and use it to set up the running game.
Running the same vanilla running play every first down only puts us behind the 8 ball. Try running some more draw plays out of passing sets. They suit Willie more than sending him in between the tackles without a hole anywhere!

true, the league is different but look at yesterday's 100 yard rushers.
pierre thomas
maurice jones-drew
steven jackson
correll buckhalter
fred taylor
ahmad bradshaw
kevin smith

all played on winning teams yesterday except jackson and we all know how bad the rams are.
someone else wrote that ben was sacked only once; don't forget that was against the bungholes.
i'm not balming the ol or oc here, there is plenty of blame to go around in the two losses. no running game, dropped td passes, missed field goals and poor defense down the stretch.
i keep telling myself that it is still early and they'll get things worked out and we still have two games against the ratbirds so winning the division is still very possible!
but i gotta admit, i do miss the relentless running game and a dominate defense

Scorp
12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
BA=BS

Goodfrom55
12-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Call me crazy, but I believe the O-Line coach is doing an excellent job - dealing with injuries, preparing linemen to play more than (1) position on either side of the center, all things considered, it is a respectable group. . .ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.