PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed

Forged in Steel
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Can the Steelers please cut his ***? He dropped an easy pass in the AFC Championship Game last year and now he does it in a game that we had to win and should have.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Sweed ain't ****!

steelersforever1983
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
agreed he won't be back he sucks ***. but don't forget it was third and manageable go for the short pass for the first and keep the drive alive.

SteelCurtainYinzer
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Two weeks in a row that our WR's have droppped passes in critial situations and have cost us the game.....They are not comfortable and something needs to happen to quell this issue....If it doesn't change we are going to be in for a long season....

Stlrs4Life
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
He didn't help matters, but the 11 guys on defense are just as, if not more to blame. 2 weeks straight couldn't stop somebody when we needed to. On 2 drives.

steelersforever1983
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
still like the 3 4 defense lol i say it again a 4 -3 has better pass rush.

Steelersfan
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
He didn't help matters, but the 11 guys on defense are just as, if not more to blame. 2 weeks straight couldn't stop somebody when we needed to. On 2 drives.

I agree with you somewhat but you can't keep putting it all on the D and get away with it. Bottom line is this team needs to learn how to put these games away. This is two weeks in a row they haven't and it has cost them.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
agreed he won't be back he sucks ***. but don't forget it was third and manageable go for the short pass for the first and keep the drive alive.
Even though it was 3rd & manageable, he DROPPED IT. You could argue it was a bad playcall if it got INT'd or tipped but he DROPPED THE GAME.

LatrobePA
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Sweed sucks nut hair!

SteelCityKid5
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
bens pick six hurt too, I dunno what happened on that play.. they gotta play 60 full minutes of football thats all

Ambridge
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry!!
It was in Sweed's hands....he should have had it....no excuses!!

Sweed needs to be put out by the curb on Monday morning with the rest of the Trash receptacles.

LatrobePA
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
bens pick six hurt too, I dunno what happened on that play.. they gotta play 60 full minutes of football thats all

Cocky head to big for my hands Holmes ran the wrong route! He was suppose to break!

Sorry but Holmes has been dropping a lot too!

Wallace = MONEY!

Big T
09-27-2009, 08:38 PM
You cannot blame this loss on limas sweed. Ya he dropped a td but guess what? Jeff reed missed a field goal, ben threw a pick six, the defense **** themselves in the 4th! Want me to keep going cause I can. If anyone is most to blame it's all 11 on defense. Blaming this loss on limas sweed is just ignorant.

steelersforever1983
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
they anticipated where the ball was going so it's the qb's fault not the wr. he was well covered anyway.

Big T
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
still like the 3 4 defense lol i say it again a 4 -3 has better pass rush.

I bet you weren't saying that last year.

Steelersfan
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry!!
It was in Sweed's hands....he should have had it....no excuses!!

Sweed needs to be put out by the curb on Monday morning with the rest of the Trash receptacles.

Agreed!

Cocky head to big for my hands Holmes ran the wrong route! He was suppose to break!

Sorry but Holmes has been dropping a lot too!

Wallace = MONEY!

Agreed!

You cannot blame this loss on limas sweed. Ya he dropped a td but guess what? Jeff reed missed a field goal, ben threw a pick six, the defense **** themselves in the 4th! Want me to keep going cause I can. If anyone is most to blame it's all 11 on defense. Blaming this loss on limas sweed is just ignorant.

Are you serious? Reed missed a 52 yard fg, not the easiest to make anywhere. The pick wasn't on Ben, it was on Holmes. And you can't keep expecting the D to bail out the O when they can't put teams away. As you have seen the past two weeks, it will come back to haunt you.

steelersforever1983
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
4-3 more championships. better against the run and pass. pick was on ben watch the play again and how the db anticipated where the ball was cuz ben was commited to that side. have to check down.

Stlrs4Life
09-27-2009, 08:45 PM

We have a Bingo!

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
4-3 more championships. better against the run and pass.

Steelers personnel is better suited for a 3-4

steelersforever1983
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
yes they are suited for 3-4 but i will always be a 4-3 guy.

Big T
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Are you serious? Reed missed a 52 yard fg, not the easiest to make anywhere. The pick wasn't on Ben, it was on Holmes. And you can't keep expecting the D to bail out the O when they can't put teams away. As you have seen the past two weeks, it will come back to haunt you.

Jeff reed is paid to make every field goal he kicks, I never said the pick was bens fault, and the d **** themselves the whole 4th. I'm not talking just about the last drive. How bout Cedric bensons td run? Hmmm?

scott0326
09-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Cut Sweed please, he sucks

Steelersfan
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Jeff reed is paid to make every field goal he kicks, I never said the pick was bens fault, and the d **** themselves the whole 4th. I'm not talking just about the last drive. How bout Cedric bensons td run? Hmmm?

D is giving up what? 16 points a game and it's there fault? Granted the last two games teams have scored to win, but the offense is as much to blame for scoring less than that per game. Being close to last in points scored is gonna get you no where no matter how good the D plays.

DALSTEELERFAN
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
It seemed to be the whole team at fault !! The Defense was sloopy and what happened to the blitz?? :cursin::cursin: Now I get to listen to all the Cowgirl fans I work with.:banging::banging: Hoping for a Carolina win Monday night !:crossfingers::crossfingers:

Forged in Steel
09-27-2009, 09:29 PM

I know the defense, Ben Roethlisberger, and Jeff Reed cost this game as well, but if he just would have caught that amazing pass by Ben we probably would be 2-1. It wasn't just Sweed though.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Blaming Sweed for this loss isn't the answer, although as a WR you have to be able to make those plays when it counts. Let's remember Santonio didn't really start to come and be consistent till his 3rd year, which is pretty much par for the course with most young WR's.

We all knew Sweed was going to be a project when he was drafted, even if he was a 2nd round pick. He's just one of the players that takes longer to get his stride, on the bright side atleast Wallace is showing promise!

Sir Blitzelot
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I know the defense, Ben Roethlisberger, and Jeff Reed cost this game as well, but if he just would have caught that amazing pass by Ben we probably would be 2-1. It wasn't just Sweed though.

Agreed, this loss was a team effort.

beaver688
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
where was login

Troyisabeast_43
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Shaun McDonald needs to start dressing over Sweed if he is going to continue to drop key passes like the one he did today. Absolutely no excuse for Sweed to be dropping those kinds of balls at this point 2 years in...

LatrobePA
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Reed should of never been allowed to try a 52 yarder. How badly do you want to mess the guys head up when and if he misses it? Not to mention you gave the bungles great field postion.

NCSteeler
09-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Well I guess we found Nate's replacement.
I still think Reed's head is the reason Tomlin opted to kick the early FG when we had 4th and a half yard. He wanted to get him out there and into the game early. Should have sneaked Ben for the TD or back up Cinci into a mistake.

SteelerSal
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Cut him now...the guy makes me sick.

DanRooney
09-28-2009, 09:26 AM
The worst part about it is him raising his arms up in the air in celebration along with the thousands of Bengals fans after he dropped the pass.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Sweed will be inactive the rest of the year, the only way he makes it on the field is if someone gets hurt!

Callax
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Defense has to play better and WR MUST HOLD ONTO CATCHABLE PASSES!!

hint HOLMES, SWEED

Troyisabeast_43
09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Sweed will be inactive the rest of the year, the only way he makes it on the field is if someone gets hurt!

As he should be inactive. That drop yesterday was absolutely devistating. This isnt like the first time we have seen Sweed do this. He did it at least 5-6 times last season including in the AFC Championship game. Simply put Sweed has a problem catching the football. Whether it's concentration or his vision something is not right. Shaun McDonald has yet to dress this season and is a proven sure handed veteran who caught 75 balls for the Lions in 2007. It's time to give him a chance to play and time to let Sweed sit because the guy simply cannot catch a deep ball when he is wide open to save his life it's ridiculous...

Zachintosh66
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Best 4th Stringer in the league!

Ambridge
09-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Well I guess we found Nate's replacement.

LMAO!!
Yeah!! the Steelers go from "Catch 1 and drop the next 2-Nate Washington"...to "Drop everything and Catch None-Limas Sweed.

De-activate his *** and throw more to Wallace.

LatrobePA
09-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I will smash my $ 2500.00 TV if I have to watch Sweed drop one more EASY TD! This kid is a BUM, trade his *** for a NEW OC!!!