PDA

View Full Version : Ward says he won't hit opponents low

steelers4life66
09-24-2009, 08:17 AM
F The fines, Hit'em Hines!! :cope:

Hines Ward laid such a vicious hit on Cincinnati's Keith Rivers last year that the rookie linebacker was lost for the season with a broken jaw. It also prompted the NFL to put in rule making blindside blocks targeted at the head illegal. Ward said Wednesday that he would do it again if the only alternative was taking out his knees. "If I get another opportunity to hit somebody, I am going to take it," Ward said. "I am not going to go low on anybody. To me, that is an unwritten rule or kind of code of things you don't do around the league, especially when they aren't watching." Ward referenced an illegal crack back block that Brett Favre put on Houston's Eugene Wilson during a preseason game that cost Favre $10,000. "The Brett Favre incident when he went low ... I wouldn't never try to do that," Ward said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_644700.html

igor0190
09-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Heinz is bang on...
What Favre did is far more vicious and dirty than a blindside block in which you always have a chance to protect yourself.

TampaSteelGirl
09-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Heinz is bang on...
What Favre did is far more vicious and dirty than a blindside block in which you always have a chance to protect yourself.

I agree and going low like that warrants a knee career ending injury....

Dean Denton
09-24-2009, 06:03 PM
As long as he doesn't lead with his helmet and hits them in the chest, I dont see the problem. Hit um high Hines....

75Steeler
09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
From NFL.com By: Pat Kirwan

1. Be careful, Hines Ward
Ward is a great competitor and has his name attached to an NFL rule. A wide receiver can no longer turn back and block a defender who is blind to the block coming. Last year, Ward knocked Keith Rivers of the Bengals out for the season and he claims he will block the same way again this year. He better watch out, because the league is watching and Rivers' Bengals teammates will be looking for him. Ward is one tough football player, but so are the Bengals defenders. Keep your eye on this battle this weekend.

Keep hitting Hines!!!!