PDA

View Full Version : Reed's last year as a Steeler?

cmerrifield
09-24-2009, 07:44 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_644713.html?source=rss&feed=9

According to the end of this article, Reed wants to be one of the highest paid kickers in the league.

"Reed wants to be paid as one of the top kickers in the league. He currently makes $1.43 million but is looking for double that. Chicago's Robbie Gould recently signed a 5-year, $15.5 million deal."

I dont believe the Steelers will pay him that much. So this could be the end. :imho:

steelers4life66
09-24-2009, 08:14 AM
look like this will B Reeds last year as a Steeler.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't discount him coming back next year just because he's talking about wanting a lot of money. Any player in the league who's any good wants to be the highest player at his position whenever their contract comes up. Reed knows how good he has it in Pittsburgh and the fans love him like crazy. I would be really surprised at this point if he doesn't come back next year.

K Train
09-24-2009, 11:58 AM
after throwing the chicago game he should be happy to take a discount

SteelCityKid5
09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
^^^ :lol: I agree!

UKSTEELER
09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I think he'll move on, but he'll have to sharpen up is act for potential suitors.

Last Sunday could play on his mind!

And that could mean trouble for us!

TampaSteelGirl
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
So what he had one bad game....the guy has been money for years....I think perhaps they can make a compromise and we should keep him....I'd like him to stay in Pittsburgh.:yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I rather the team save money for Holmes and Woodley so I wouldn't care if the Steelers didn't resign Reed especially if he wants to much money.....Don't over pay for a kicker......I know Reed has been money over the years and he kicks well at Heinz Field but the Steelers can find another kicker.....

Blazedby92
09-24-2009, 02:37 PM
I rather the team save money for Holmes and Woodley so I wouldn't care if the Steelers didn't resign Reed especially if he wants to much money.....Don't over pay for a kicker......I know Reed has been money over the years and he kicks well at Heinz Field but the Steelers can find another kicker.....

:plus1::plus1:

Big T
09-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Amen ^^^^^^^. Though I like Jeff Reed and am thankful for all he has done in Pittsburgh, I'd much rather see him leave than overpay him and risk losing Santonio or LaMarr.

cmerrifield
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree with the above statements, Holmes and Woodley could be too expensive, not to mention Colon, for us to be paying Reed 3 million a year.

Dean Denton
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Well if he's asking for money, and no one is sure if he will back, then you can bet he's going to play well the rest of the year. If he wants other teams to look at him, then he better hit 98% of the rest of his FG's.

Stlrs4Life
09-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I'd like to resign him, but not to make him the highest paid K in the league.

K Train
09-24-2009, 07:15 PM
woodley, holmes and colon are locks to get extensions....reed and clark will be expendable

75Steeler
09-24-2009, 08:20 PM
I'd like to see Reed stay. He does do a good job for us for the most part. I don't think we should write him off just yet nor do I think the Rooneys will make him the highest paid kickers in the NFL. He also needs to cool down in the off season and leave the paper towel dispensers alone. The Rooneys don't want to hear about bad PR.

:2cents:

Troyisabeast_43
09-25-2009, 07:53 PM
All I care about at this point is Reed making kicks this Sunday against the Bengals and getting over the bad game he had in Chicago. If he keeps missing kicks like he did in Chicago people are going to be all over him and start running him out of town...Make the kicks this season and who cares about if Reed is here or not next year at this point and time...